Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:45:07 PM

The following exchange public API links return Ixcoin/Bitcoin trading pair results as JSON strings:

https://cex.io/api/ticker/IXC/BTC
http://pubapi.cryptsy.com/api.php?method=singleorderdata&marketid=38
https://api.vircurex.com/api/get_info_for_1_currency.json?base=BTC&alt=IXC
https://poloniex.com/public?command=returnTicker&currencyPair=BTC_IXC

Well that's a start, trying to get the list together....What other exchanges are we on now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GroundRod

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:06:02 PM

I am going to take a guess here and state that there will be a minimum 'fee' posted or 'fee schedule' posted for sending iX when the network reaches this level of maturity.  Until someone says something we will not know.   

Ya leave the client code alone for now, I'm kinda leaning towards having on the ixcoin webpage a current summary of the transaction fees being charged by miners, those whom are building blocks for the chain and *WE* need to pay.  Also current charges from the exchanges for withdrawals, would be nice. 

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:07:47 PM

Actually,  what needs to be verified is if you have a wallet from the old client,  will it work if you copy it to the new client?

Any specific thing you want me to look for, other than that the balance transfers?  So far all my tests from 3.24->8.6->9.2 have confirmed that already.  Was going to do one or two more small transaction tests, and report here only if I found a problem, so far none.

If the new clients crashes using a block chain from an old client you can always just download the whole blockchain again, instead of reindexing.  Then you don't need to use the FrictionlessCoin client.  So it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Exactly.  

Interesting,  my guess is that there is something different in the difficulty calculations in the ahmed_bodi executable.

Anyway, still waiting to see when the 9.2 executable gets into the ghash.io miners.... we only have about a month left to go.

Difficulty calcs, Hmmm interesting, there are still some coins based on that old database structure, nmc comes to mind, they will have to solve the problem or tell all to re-downloading the blockchain, it will be required.

I'm actually kinda of excited about the likelihood of Ixcoin being merged mined on PolyMYR for awhile first.  Ghash.io/Cex.io can wait until it's been tested thoroughly. as well as review the source and install whenever they have time.  Right now I'm pissed at them, in less than 24hrs after deadsea33 had the blockchain webpage for Ixcoin statistics built, CEX.io upgraded their front page graphic and their programmer forget to include the IXC/BTC trades.  So now you have to log in to view the price/volume info or use the public API, it works without logging in.

@deadsea33 - so now when you click on the statistics button for that blockchain webpage, it brings up a blank graphic.  Love the chain and start of your efforts there, looks really cooool!  As soon as we can start fresh or gain control of the ixcoin github acct, I'd like to see the webpage development source checked in, where we can keep it maintained and work on it as a team.

Daily update for everyone.
Currently running the 0.9.2 Client myself. Synced up ahead of the block where merged-mining started I'll let it sync fully and then we can start up testnet and do some merged-mining on myriadcoin's PolyMYR pool. Once thats done the network urgently needs some new DNS Seeds. Other coins have 15+ while we have 0. After that we can roll out the clients Smiley

EDIT: Also Reverted the switch to a 40 Byte OP_RETURN by the bitcoin dev's

EDIT No 2: 1 hour and 30 Mins, 1 Blockchain Rescan Later. The client is fully synced.  Time to get some Win QT's out

Don't we need at least an 80 Byte OP_RETURN for counterparty?

Thats what i've done The Bitcoin devs switched from a 80 to 40 Byte OP_RETURN so i switched it back to an 80 Byte OP_RETURN
@all - Highlighted above the need for DNS seed nodes.
@ahmed_bodi - So what's the word, any updates here on that progress?  Grin

Good Read from ahmed_bodi's post here: Re: Multi-vPoW - Myriadcoin's Solution to Parasitic Merge Mining:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=725991.msg8235818#msg8235818

Starting in Sept, I'll try to be available allot of the time for support in the ##ixcoin channel on freenode, anyone having troubles with an upgrade can find some help there.

@foundation - Are we going to have a wiki.ixcoin.<something> server/site?   I'm asking because some documentation in the client console help text(coded) needs to be adjusted if we don't.

5BTC for hero accts, fck U CfA.  Hope BCT reverts all account here to newbie status & zeros out your investment.  
For those that don't understand, Read Zerohedge's post by Cognitive Dissonance from Aug 17th

Control the Language and You Control the Mind
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-17/control-language-and-you-control-mind

GR

Really i've stopped working on the IXC source for now. Im finishing up on the PolyMYR code so i can start testing properly and then once i know its all working good then i can finish off the final bits which are left (Logo's, New Win/Linux/Mac Clients. Ubuntu PPA)

ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:19:39 PM

Where can I buy this coin?

and why is ixcoin.org not updated?

"Ixcoin maturity will be reached ~18 years before Bitcoin's. By mid-2013, the number of IXC and BTC will reach parity (for a brief moment). "

The best place to buy it is Cryptsy and CEX.io.  I would stay away from Vircurex.

Also, Bitcoin will not be mature for another ~100 years. That's a massive drawback.  The 18 year deal is when BTC will have ~99% of all its coins mined which most people just assume that's full maturity which from a block propagation point of view it is not, just like i0Coin right now is not fully mature.

iXcoin.org is not updated cause Thomas Nasakioto loves playing these childish games to further make iXcoin look like a ShitCoin so he and his buddies can keep buying it all up.

I expect all that to change by October when all the coins will be fully mined.

Cheers!

So you think one of the leaders of this coin is trying to scare people off in a way so that he can accumulate more of this coin? Why would the price ever go up if its run by someone like that? serious question
GroundRod

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:28:17 PM

Really i've stopped working on the IXC source for now. Im finishing up on the PolyMYR code so i can start testing properly and then once i know its all working good then i can finish off the final bits which are left (Logo's, New Win/Linux/Mac Clients. Ubuntu PPA)

Ya figured that, sounds really great!  Still, enjoy getting updates how that testing is going, otherwise see the source/executable release as virtually ready.

Interesting yes, I have no animosity to Ix, so there is no inflation or increase in tx fees planned? How will the coin keep hashing?

Transaction fees.  It's the future for POW coins, merge mined, sealed and delivered.  Were they'll go, its anybodies guess.

Where can I buy this coin?

and why is ixcoin.org not updated?

"Ixcoin maturity will be reached ~18 years before Bitcoin's. By mid-2013, the number of IXC and BTC will reach parity (for a brief moment). "

Guess I'll let Vlad take that last question, hope I've answered some of your other questions already, Ixcoin is listed on 4 exchanges that I can think of...
Cex.io
Cryptsy.com
Vircurex.com
Poloniex.com

This thread (Ixcoin TODO) is your best resource on the latest info, unfortunately it comes with allot of emotional baggage to wade through, although a trader might argue that could be a good thing for volume.  As far as websites, you've got to consider most of the stuff out there is now obsolete, or badly out-of-date.  There are new resources coming online, but it is a work in progress.
GroundRod

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Forgot to add Swisscex.com to the list of Ixcoin exchanges...

Can anybody get this api link to work, all it does is give me a 504 Gateway Time-out:
http://api.swisscex.com/v2/quote/IXC

The API command is formatted badly or its related to the trouble I've been having lately getting to that exchange.

Their trading market page is here:
https://www.swisscex.com/market/IXC_BTC

GroundRod

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

Another little experiment:

http://ixcoin.wix.com/blockchain

Reminder: less then 2% left to mine.

Like it allot, think that it would be nice to also have a 'rich list' link, where a visitor can also explore those 'old' & 'mysterious' never been touched blocks...

GroundRod

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:44:04 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 02:07:14 AM by GroundRod

As of today we have no list of miners and what 'Tx fee' they will require in order to process your request to send money over the Ixcoin network, I've been using 0.001 in the client(s) a long time, and never have a delay in sending, more than likely, it could be set to zero and the miners are building your transactions in there for free.  Don't expect that to continue very much past the last mined block...

As cinnamon_carter pointed out, some clients force a minimum, others do not.  How do we want our new 0.9.2 client to act?  I vote for a default min Tx of 0.001 ixc in the next release, as long as it's constructive, would appreciate others with an opinion on that subject.

So in order to compile a list of what the current Tx fee's are, the only thing we can do right now, is use the various exchange withdrawal fees as a proxy for that minimum.  NOTE: Cex.io is mining (via ghash.io) as well as offering you trades to bitcoin on their site, the others are simply exchanges:

The withdrawal fees are:
Cex.io           0.001 ixc withdrawal fee
Cryptsy.com  0.000700 ixc withdrawal fee
Vircurex.com 10.0 ixc  minimum, withdrawal fee 8.0 ixc  (OUCH!)
Poloniex.com  0.01 ixc withdrawal fee
Swisscex.com 0.05 ixc with a 0.1 minimum

Sidenote: Wow - 24hr trading volume on cex.io just shot up to 29850 ixc in the last few hours...

ETA: Based on today's ixc price of ~0.00006, the Vircurex withdrawal fee is still only ~0.00048 btc, as Ixcoin price rises, that number will have to come down, IMO we can look at that 8.0 ixc withdrawal fee as a high water mark for what miners can expect to earn for a transaction fee from participants, otherwise it would be cheaper to just use bitcoin for the transfer.  Remember though: a miner is collecting as many transaction as possible to make a block, so added together, those fees could really add up to some serious Cheddar over time.  The balance between price discovery and transaction fee costs is the experiment we're about to begin.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 02:06:02 AM

So you think one of the leaders of this coin is trying to scare people off in a way so that he can accumulate more of this coin? Why would the price ever go up if its run by someone like that? serious question

That's just my guess but if I'm delusional about everything else then I would obviously be wrong in this case as well.  So invest at your own risk, this is a risky bet given the bait to mine, the coins, will all be mined out in less than 2 months.

Finally, do you honestly think Bitcoin was not and is not manipulated?  Look at its price history, it dropped from $30 to nearly $1 under very scammy circumstances.  Who did that?  Do you know who Satoshi is?  Do you know who is really behind Bitcoin?

And even now, Bitcoin's price is more and more manipulated and it's becoming very obvious and nobody can stop it.  Just wait until it hits wall street in 2-3 months, you're gonna see massive manipulation then.  

Rule of Life:  If there's money to be made; there will [ALWAYS] be those who manipulate.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
GroundRod

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:11:46 AM

Yap, well said Vlad.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:38:39 PM

@Come-from-Above
For the sake of reading flow, please go ahead. Thank you very much.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:22:43 PM

Community Members,

I thought it would be nice to have a block explorer with a rich-list. A lot of coins have rich lists but iXCoin never has had one.  It may shed some light on what's going on with some of the long term hoarders and all those NOT redeemed blocks.

I found someone to do the job and he wishes to get paid 2,000 iXCoins.

Does anybody else want to see such an explorer with a rich list and if so, how much would you like to pitch in?

I think it would be a good idea but it has to be something the community needs and wants since there is no current bounty from the premine for one which means we have to pitch in ourselves to pay for it.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Edit:  I also need someone who knows code to test it out and make sure it's legit before I pay for it.  Who wants to volunteer to do that?  I imagine it shouldn't take more than a few minutes if you're experienced.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:28:20 PM

Community Members,

I thought it would be nice to have a block explorer with a rich-list. A lot of coins have rich lists but iXCoin never has had one.  It may shed some light on what's going on with some of the long term hoarders and all those NOT redeemed blocks.

Does anybody else want to see such an explorer with a rich list and if so, how much would you like to pitch in?

I think it would be a good idea but it has to be something the community needs and wants since there is no current bounty from the premine for one which means we have to pitch in ourselves to pay for it.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Edit:  I also need someone who knows code to test it out and make sure it's legit before I pay for it.  Who wants to volunteer to do that?  I imagine it shouldn't take more than a few minutes if you're experienced.

If its Python Based i can check it (or any other lang if 100% neccesary)

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:38:55 PM

Community Members,

Let me know.

Cheers!

http://bitinfocharts.com/

Does it for almost every coin.  You might want to ask them.

Just getting code is not enough,  someone needs to host the explorer and that takes time, money and effort.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
blockexperts

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:22:33 AM

Community Members,

Let me know.

Cheers!

Does it for almost every coin.  You might want to ask them.

Just getting code is not enough,  someone needs to host the explorer and that takes time, money and effort.

Hi,

I can create and host the block explorer with rich list.

Can you guys check out the examples at http://blockexperts.com, and let me know if this is what you all want.
I can add some more values, if needed.

Blockchain explorer hosting :  https://www.blockexperts.com
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:00:48 PM

Community Members,

Let me know.

Cheers!

Does it for almost every coin.  You might want to ask them.

Just getting code is not enough,  someone needs to host the explorer and that takes time, money and effort.

Hi,

I can create and host the block explorer with rich list.

Can you guys check out the examples at http://blockexperts.com, and let me know if this is what you all want.
I can add some more values, if needed.

Nice clean UI you have.

It would be nice if you implement IXCoin.

Vlad should be able to pay you 2,000 IXC for your efforts.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:30:46 PM

Nice clean UI you have.

Wow, thank you frictionless for being so generous [with my money].  Haha!

Like I said, I think this would be a nice feature so if everybody wants it then let's do a fund raiser.

I'll start the pot with 500 iXCoins. We need 1,500 more IXC.

BCFrictionless

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:09:39 PM

Nice clean UI you have.

Wow, thank you frictionless for being so generous [with my money].  Haha!

Like I said, I think this would be a nice feature so if everybody wants it then let's do a fund raiser.

I'll start the pot with 500 iXCoins. We need 1,500 more IXC.

Uuuhhh... ummm... the blockexpert service's website clearly states:

Standard setup and hosting costs for a block explorer with rich list is 0.10.

A modified block explorer costs 0.20, this includes hosting and small code modifications to display non-standard features.

is that so hard to understand or why do you have to talk about these ixcoins? either you have the 0.1/0.2 BTC at hand or you don't.  IXCoin can't go on with such slave-driving attempts. If you want service then pay for it for fuck's sake.  Gosh...
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:23:06 PM

A modified block explorer costs 0.20, this includes hosting and small code modifications to display non-standard features.

is that so hard to understand or why do you have to talk about these ixcoins? either you have the 0.1/0.2 BTC at hand or you don't.  IXCoin can't go on with such slave-driving attempts. If you want service then pay for it for fuck's sake.  Gosh...

Uhhhh....ummm, dear half-witted troll, I already stated that I previously discussed the matter with this coder [in private] and he is happy with taking 2,000 iXCoins.

It's a new crazy thing called NEGOTIATING!

So Uhhhh....ummm, maybe try thinking before farting from your pie-hole next time.  Maybe also work on your shitty reading comprehension skills while you're at it as well.

BCFrictionless

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Uhhhh....ummm, dear half-witted troll, I already stated that I previously discussed the matter with this coder [in private] and he is happy with taking 2,000 iXCoins.

It's a new crazy thing called NEGOTIATING!

So Uhhhh....ummm, maybe try thinking before farting from your pie-hole next time.  Maybe also work on your shitty reading comprehension skills while you're at it as well.

Ok Vlad, ok. But 2000 Ixcoin, is that really so much for a man of this caliber:

why do u guys participate in a logo contest for 100 IXC? thats like 3$ = waste of ur precious time for nothing

u r being used by Slave Trader vlad2vlad:
Quote from: Vlad2Vlad
To be exact, I have 77,777 IXC for sale there. I had 2 of those blocks for sale but I removed one after CEX signed on.
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ixcoin-todo.136511/page-195#post-7225364 [click to expand]

that guy is selling 77777 ixc and they wanna give u 100 ixc for logo competition. IMMENSE FACEPALM.   

~CfA~

why do you use the blockexplorer guy? If you were a gentlemen you'd pay him 7000 IXcoin at least.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: