Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:52:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:43:46 PM

Aside from that the technology of bitcoin is what satoshi gave to us.

Seriously?

So tell me then cause I'm not a techie, as Bitcoin scales who is going to mine/secure all the Bitcoin transactions?  The people?  You?

As you know, this unique consensus concept is the heart of Bitcoin and what supposedly makes it "decentralized" and so different from "evil fiat money".

So there's your answer:  Only the rich and powerful, namely the banks, governments and corporations who already have massive data warehouses and will easily and for only a marginal added cost - step in and take over and mine, secure and completely control all of our money, wealth, assets and identities which will all be pushed into the blockchain, whether it be voluntary or [eventually] by [global] force.

And trust me, the promise of low fees is yet another lie just like anonymous and decentralized will prove to be complete lies.  Only now, with Bitcoin, the bankers will be able to get recurring eye gouging fees from 7+ billion people instead of just 3 billion.  And without ever having to build a single additional branch.

You don't wanna pay their fees to secure your Bitcoins?  What are you gonna do, take your Bitcoins out the way you can take your cash out of the bank today?   Hahaha.  Sorry, but Bitcoin was designed [by our hero Satoshi] to NEVER be able to leave the blockchain [how is that for decentralized, lol] - so you will be forced to pay the fees and they will automatically take any fees they are due out of your account which they will have control over.  How is that for a currency and freedom for the people by the people?  haha...

Brilliantly [designed] plan and protocol!

We didn't do this to Bitcoin, this was designed to happen as Bitcoin became more and more popular.  This was easily foreseen and could have been designed differently but Satoshi chose to make it so the people would have no say in the securing and "voting" process of the Bitcoin protocol.  And the people will never have the option or ability to remove their money, salaries, assets, identities, etc out of the blockchain - never, ever, ever...[once again, by design].

You know, exactly like fiat is today where the rich control everything about the currency we use.  Only with Bitcoin it is much more evil than [truly anonymous] paper fiat; where the Bitcoin protocol/Blockchain can be used to track and control every aspect of your life.  The perfect Global Asset Tracking Tool [GATT] and thanks to clowns like Andreas, who, for years, have egregiously misinformed the masses, the people are eagerly jumping into the arms of the most centralized monetary system which has ever existed.

Bitcoin is nothing more than a [government empowering] digital form of fiat, ultra centralized and controlled only by the elect rich and powerful, it's just gonna take another year before even people like you see what was obvious to me last year.

Edit:  This is off topic for this particular thread and the main reason I started my riddle thread so perhaps we should continue our debate there if anyone really cares.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:53:10 PM

There is no conspiracy here. I am also deleting posts as a protest to how things have been going around here.

I'm frustrated by a lack of real leadership. I'm frustrated when I compare this community with others. I'm frustrated that this project keeps spinning it's wheels with zero focus. (with the exception of Ahmed, GroundRod, and Cinnamon)

I'm sorry Vlad, there is alot I like about your person, but you are not good leadership material. I think you are a very important part of Ixcoin history, you have good insight and apparently good connections but when I read on the Ixcoin website that you are the lead developer, well that makes me cringe a little. I'd say that you are a great community lead, tasked with carrying the torch for Ixcoin by Thomas. But the fact that ahmed and ground rod plus rest of team and past devs aren't listed on the .org site really bugs me not to mention that ixcoin is still secured with 10 petahashes on the .org, and 7 something on the .co site. And when I look back at the two years of ixcoin posts, I see that you have routinely derailed the conversation. (Which Friction also brought up in a fight one time).

A leader should seek to compromise with people but your method of my way or go fuck yourself is embarrassing for a "lead". I think alot of people don't want to chime in cause any and all suggestions get routinely shot down.  The amount of funds avail for supporting this project is so low that actions and decisions should be made to maximize efficiency. Where is the community decision making process? What has this "foundation" been talking about? What is the roadmap? How are we going to get there?  Are you going to include the community? Does a decentralized coin even need a foundation? Did the foundation even exist?

I'm kinda shocked that some of those posts to that clown riverboat are still up. However he does bring up some great points. As the "lead" on ixcoin it would appear that alot of your time and money is spent on other coin communities. It almost seems like the reason you are broke is that you have spent all of your money buying domain names, and investing in other coins. Which is all fine and dandy however, the reason that I suggested to paypal some funds for a trip to represent the ixcoin brand, was that I was going to put it on my credit card and pay it off later. (cause i'm also broke, but willing to pitch in). I've donated to Ahmed, GroundRod, and the paper wallet. But right now I think I'm withdrawing my meager peanut offers of 1000 ixc to a fund for logo design and $100 for trip.

Right now the MOST important people to Ixcoin are Ahmed, GroundRod and Cinnamon. These ARE the developers. They do it for free, for the love of keeping this historic bitcoin clone alive and well. The list of developers and their versions now includes: Thomas and Fred, DoubleC, Friction, Ahmed and GroundRod plus Cinnamon.

Ixcoin has always had a rocky past. Thomas endured numerous negative attacks from day one. The wayback machine shows the original ixcoin forum ultimately died a spam death. The original ixcoin thread was effectively shut down by smoothie posts and abandoned for a year. Services have come and gone. Thomas has come and gone. Developers have come and gone. even possibly the foundation has come and gone. Regardless this project keeps on trucking.

Maybe ixcoin community needs to clear the air around here with a massive post delete? Most of the important info about current services and what not are on the other forum and various webpages after all.

Ultimately I WANT and hope for people to work together. The developers should develop. The marketers should market. The connectors should connect. The sellers should sell. And the leaders should lead.

Vlad you have valuable skills but are wasting them running/updating a website and dealing with code maintenance. GroundRod is/should be the developer/ coordinator of all things code. I'm sure we can find someone with website skills to handle the website. Vlad you can best serve Ixcoin by your unique brand of marketing and social networking /connections. Cinnamon and Ahmed should keep on doing what they do.

If deadsea would come back then deadsea would make a great overall coordinator.  Me, I don't seek power, so will stay out of everyones way and just shut my damn trap now. 

Look, a double rainbow!!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 12:29:56 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 12:42:24 AM by Vlad2Vlad

JohnnyBTCseed,

I did not put myself up as lead developer - I was voted by this community.

Look back a few months and you will see this fact.

And I have never pretended to have skills which I don't have and I have done the most possible with what I know and could afford; while always being as transparent with this community as possible.

Given my hands are tied in more than one way there is really not much else I can do which I haven't done already.

Any developer is only as good as the community, partners and resources he/she has.

And in my case I have been more or less all alone since I have been here.  As of late I had help from Cinnamon and Deadsea and we have hired a programmer here and there but without the proper funding no project can ever take off.

And in regard to funding; I did my best to bring in the heaviest hitters in the industry out of which CEX.io signed on and is very much our parter.

And while you're feeling sorry for your petty donations which you have never even spent consider I have spent more out of pocket money than anyone here and all while being unemployed and struggling to raise a family.

Show me which person in this community deserves the title of lead developer then; or do you think the simple fact that someone can code is all it takes to be a dev?  

Truth is, when our partners hold all the keys we are at their mercy.  What this means is that unless you have the big money to pay for what we need then you will have to just wait for their timeline.

Glad to see you're taking back your small donation - an excellent example while ranting about what good developers should be and do.  lol.  People like you are the reason this coin cannot go anywhere without outside help.  Watchers wiling to do little to nothing while expecting a guy like me to move mountains [and pay for the "earth movers"].  

I have been completely open and honest since day one, something few devs ever do - this is a risky investment and until the price takes off [assuming it ever does] we will be at the complete mercy of our partners.

If you don't like that then it would be best to sell your ixCoins now and find a coin where the devs have the money and resources to do as they please.

Regards...

Edit:  And you say I don't consider people's opinions and I do as I please?  Hahahaa.  You must be joking.  Every major decision and every position to the board I put up for a community vote - even my own board seat which was voted unanimously and not by sock puppets.  Another thing few devs do as most treat the coin as their personal clubhouse.  

So at least keep your criticism realistic - I seriously doubt anyone is afraid to voice their opinions.  I have never censored anyone on this thread or any other thread.

And finally, what I do with my personal time is my business, but I have been open about that as well and advised everyone to diversify their holdings just like I started doing earlier this year.

Perhaps I should use sock puppets like you and all the other devs to hide my actions - then I would be more qualified as a true developer.  lol

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 12:41:15 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 12:52:53 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Last thing JohnnyBTCseed,

I know who you really are and You are [by far] the richest guy on this thread and it speaks volumes about your character that you have donated the least out of anyone [while expecting the most] and then decided to take it back cause things didn't go your way.

I would expect more from a self proclaimed communist [with one of the largest Bitcoin mining farms in America].  You know, the whole community, common good idea which you're so fond of - as long as others are doing all the paying.  lol

Cheers!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 01:34:14 AM

Dear iXcoin Community,

I have tried my best to portray our working relationship with our "partners" as a wonderful and pleasurable one, but the truth has been quite the opposite and has often lead to immense stress, confusion, self-doubt and frustrations which have left me sleepless on many nights.

I gladly took on this burden cause I felt it was my job, a thankless job nobody pays me for and on the contrary, a job for which I have had to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars out of my hard earned money [since I do not own any mining gear].  

A truly thankless job.  

Deadsea33 is a great guy.  A helpful, kind and honest individual but for the past ~6 months he has been on the brink of snapping and quitting the iXcoin Foundation and walking away from iXCoin altogether.  It was me that kept talking him out of quitting each time but this past week he simply had enough.

The reason is not what most of you think.  It was not the slow development - he was willing to wait 5 years for iXCoin, that's 4 years more than I was willing to wait.

No, the heavy stress and frustration was regularly brought on by the royal mind-fucking we got from our partners.  

But let me point out - I never held their tactics against them - I knew that in their place I would have done the same, or worse, but that fact doesn't do much to lessen the pain.

What group of [anonymous] people comes in and completely takes over, owns and controls the Bitcoin network in just 6 months?  A feat Andreas Antonopoulos said just a year ago that not even the NSA/CIA could ever pull off.  This same group then proceeded to mine [at least] 525,000 Bitcoins over a period of just 18 months and without any real opposition from the media or the industry itself.

So I ask you, use some common sense, who do you people think these people are backed by, who do you think our partners are?

And do you guys think these people are just gonna tell us their deepest secrets and all their plans?

Like I used to tell my dear friend, deadsea33, "just shut up and take the mind fucking and let these people execute their business plan", but for some people, the massive stress of constant misinformation, misdirection and a general near daily psychological carpet bombing is simply too much.  

So while you guys think we're just shooting the shit behind the scenes, trust me, we have had to endure a lot, and for no reward.  In fact there were days when some of us wanted to quit cause we didn't know what we were really up against - a massive risk no other dev has to really worry about.

So if any of you wanna give up your hard earned money for a ShitCoin which wasn't even yours, and you wanna bear your soul and true identity for everyone to openly attack you and deal with global partners whose true identity, intentions and end goal you know not - then please, come take my seat, you be the lead developer and you risk all you got, maybe even your life or freedom, for nothing more than a crazy idea which may only exist in your own mind.

So excuse me if I don't feel sorry for the [rich millionaire] moaners, bitching [from behind their VPNs] about their $25 donations and the fact things aren't going as they imagined - we're really busy trying to just keep our sanity on this side of crypto madness.

This is exactly what I never wanted to ever share with you guys but it appears that my silence and trying to do what is right for the community [and our partners] has only lead to the festering of ungrateful attitudes.

So unless anyone objects, I will continue doing what I have done for the past 18 months - and maybe we will succeed beyond our wildest dreams or maybe we will fail, but it will not be for a lack of effort, transparency and honesty on my part.  Who knows, maybe I am not more dedicated than others, maybe I'm just too stupid to be involved in all of this but here I am and now that I have started all this I'm gonna see it to the end.

I was truly hoping for a better Christmas this year.

Best wishes to all of you who have stuck with iXCoin this long!

Regards,

Vlad

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 01:43:16 AM

I hoped my interaction would start some meaningful debate.

Dear month-old-newbie, put in some time, some money in investing in ixCoin and some effort in improving this community before you bitch about people that have done much more than you.

Unless of course this is just another JohnnyBTCseed sock puppet in which case I care even less about what you have to say.

Cheers!

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 02:11:07 AM

Here is something to debate or discuss

I have been monitoring the iX network on and off for a few months along with other projects I am involved in.

Recently, Earlier this month in fact I saw someone moving around massive amounts of iX into single addresses of 500,000 coins each.

Here are some examples from a public block crawler.

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/4726dfa9f9d688300247a2ba64cd2cc21765b374578ef35cf76fa6f612f743e2

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/9aeec6e88f05e602b543f4c92849f049bd3276a1e51358b119a576e3447b0805

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/6e400dc3ccf7d4377b34af4b68f1519d54a39a61f2bc4ae0ddd8387147482da7

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/f2314d3e7fb9a2e33ff14c277e6e5b4391fa2f92d1e7446c946336ad788df6a4

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/54336d0beb952dedb125e3af315919d47afc862fb0ad81b41c213b9eab708590

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/e0999821a184ff0fb1df853d52af2a2b815439e0a28eafe116c5bd8dacc86404

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/87b5ba0bef6449e21a878e41cea3793a76f75e4561b8a9b0f38075a08dfca655

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/bbc4b29561df8aa21ac0340140cf3e42694ff7ad973775d036004279b035b3b5

Now there are 4 million coins of the supply of 21 million right threre at those addresses.

The only facts I can tell you with 100% certainty is they are not my coins and I have no idea who they belong to (nor any proof that whoever owns one key owns any of the others although it seems statisticly unlikely that several people around the world would do this at random around the same time)

I can certainly trace the coins that arrived at these addresses to see where they came from and when.

I doubt I will do this however since my time is best spent on other things.

As for those deleting posts I find it 'unusual' to mass delete posts.  You are all free to do as you think best but my thoughts on deleting old posts is why bother ? Why even waste the time ?  Who is going to read them ?  Unless you said something you regret.....

Being a woman in a forum with almost all guys and a locker room type atmosphere at that is something that gets on my nerves from time to time. I was a visitor only to these forums long before I finally ended up joining. I have lost my temper more than once and while tempted never deleted any of my bitching people out.

As to the philosophical question raised between Vlad and Ahmed....

I would like to believe that cryptocurrency has the ability to (over the long term) make some very positive changes in this world. 
We should all be greatful for the code from 'Satoshi' and the other developers who have added important things after.

If you use bitcoin as an example and read all the different comments and gitpulls you can see the community is quite divided on many things.  In the end who controls the code has a lot of control of bitcoin.  I hope they make the 'right' choices.  Changing bitcoin around so it can fit into regulation is a bad idea.  Bitcoin is designed to replace traditional systems not 'integrate itself into it' .  Now that sounds great coming from me but for all the people who are investing millions of dollars in paymnet systems and other things they want and need things to happen quickly.  If you study history the power of the wealthy and those 'in control' has many lessons to teach us.  A few examples and things to consider....

1) Those who control the central banks of large Nations will never give up the grasp they have willingly.  All they need do is to demand that tax payments are only accepted in dollars, euros, yen, pounds ect... and they can force those currencies to stay around for hundreds of years like the Talley Stick was around for hundreds of years in England since it was the only way you could pay the Kings taxes (look it up)

2) Gold was made 'illegal' in the United States from the 1930's to the early 1970's.  You could only own (by law) a small amount or the government had the right to confiscate it.  This was done to 'force' people to not seek shelter outside of the dollar.  Other nations generally take similar steps like outlawing foreign currency ect... when they face extreme economic conditions. (Conditions imposed on them or conditions of their own doing)

So there are two examples to consider.  I don't have the answers for you but I hope I brought up a few of the right questions for others to discuss.

I realize most of the 'guys' who visit these boards take the word of a woman with a grain of sand. Go ahead if you must.

Finally, Looking into the future and taking current events in perspective a lot of resources by different people have gone into supporting iX when just months ago it was supossedd to just die off and no one would ever solve another block.  Couple these events with the millions of coins I see moving around and I would imagine (although I could be wrong) someone or several people have long term plans for iX. There is no guarantee the plans will be a success and I could just be wrong but having parties devote resources is better than not having them.

Also consider this..... If Satoshi's Whitepaper goes all the way and bitcoin becomes ....let's say like a digital gold for the world it is unlikely that such a system would not have a back up or several backup's.( I mean dual systems running ready to take over at a moments notice)  After all if bitcoin grows in 'market cap' (although I hate to use extrapolated data) very large from where it is right now..... I find it hard to believe that trillions of dollars/euro/ect..  will be invested in it if there is no backup system ready to be switched on in case something, someday , somewhere goes wrong.  In fact I think we will end up with multiple systems to 'be on standby' just in case .....

iX is well suited to be one of these......  I am involved with other coins (blake256 based) because the design of the algorithm is perfect for these to also be very well suited to stand like this also.  While I think Lite Coin has appeal any algorithm to really make a run in the long term has to be effecient speed wise, memory wise, resource wise...... (yes I know scrypt 1024 is sha 256d however the memory requirements make it kind of like designing a car to get poor mileage)  Taking other 'multiple algorithm' coins only make it worse from an energy/speed point but a security point as well.  (There are several academic papers available on this and I have posted them in the past) 

So what is left..... sha 2 , or a few of the sha 3 candidates....  I will not get into a long tech fact list on which one is better or why.....

I've done that before on other threads.    This is the iX TO DO thread.  If you are here you have some level of interest in iX so what is to do ?

The last stable release I use is pretty much equal with bitcoin 9.2 except for a few cosmetic items built from my fork of ahmed's repo but a few commits back. 

I posted that  wallet a way back to test and verify the build and while it works great some of the text in the wallet still says ' bitcoin' or 'btc'  so to avoid confusion unless you really know what you are doing I don't recommend my build. 

The best build to date was by groundrod also I believe 9.2 compatable but closer in a few areas to 9.3   

iX needs mobile apps/wallets developed at some point.

Most of all iX needs people to stop thinking they are going to buy it today and get an instant return of 10000% tomorrow. 

Things just don't usually happen that fast. 

iX also could use a few people who have static ip addresses , servers available, or cloud virtual servers to run nodes.

Finally I think iX needs a working testnet and Vlad and I have discussed this.  In 2015 it will probably become a reality. Any suggestions are welcome it is still under discussion right now.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:02:49 AM

Ok, Vlad.

Maybe I'm not very good at communicating. I think one of the things I'm trying to communicate is that for you to be the lead developer you are a little harsh with words and might be turning some people off. Case in point, your reaction to me. I knew you were going to tell me off and then demand me sell my coins back.

I started following IX coin cause of you Vlad. You are completely right that bitcoin needs more liquidity to grow large. I agree 100%.

I'm also going to have to say that you guessed wrong about me, really don't know why you went there?. I'm just a fan of technology and where I hope ixcoin might go. I told you before in an email i'm about 6-7 hours of a drive away from you. Maybe someday we meetup for a beer or doobie. There are many definitions of rich, but if yours is rich in money then sadly no.

And seriously, I'm not the fucking boogie man. lol thats retarded. I just respectfully disagree with the way you have been interacting with the community. and I wish you'd add ahmed and ground rod's names to the website.

(edit) other then the two socks i got on me feet, thats all folks.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:34:49 AM

and I wish you'd add ahmed and ground rod's names to the website.

We need consistency for iXCoin because it is already too fragmented and full of a sketchy history and shady individuals.

The reason I didn't add Ahmed or Groundrod was simple:  They are not iXCoin developers per se.

Ahmed is a gun for hire and frankly, for now at least, I think he probably prefers it that way because he is the actual developer for DigitalCoin, MyriadCoin and puts in long hours on other coins as well.

Groundrod - well, he hasn't posted to this thread probably for nearly 2 months.  He has done good work for IXC and I have made a request to Thomas to pay him out of the bounty money but groundrod came in hot and he kinda faded just as fast with no clear feel for what he really has planned for iXCoin or other coins.

So how are either of these two good programmers actual iXcoin devs?

If any of these two guys want to commit to IXC and become involved in a more regular function where IXC is their main thing, and offer their services for free if needed [like all open source devs do] and other coins are simply side projects then I have no issue with adding them to the official website and even making one of them lead dev.

But as it is, I feel it's a gross misrepresentation to imply on our official site that these two programmers are our developers when in fact they are not.

Like I have said many times - I want to be transparent and honest about everything and I will not do anything just to falsely prop up the ixCoin image or the price.

If I am misunderstanding the term developer then someone [Cinnamon?] please correct me I just don't want to give IXC a more flaky image than it already has by going to our official website and updating it every month with that month's iXcoin "developer" names.

And there is also an inherent risk with labeling someone an official iXCoin developer if you know little to nothing about them.  Imagine if a newly hired programmer does a big scam on a different coin - it would be devastating to the image of iXCoin if everyone then believed that programmer was THE dev of iXCoin, like what happened recently with dogecoin.

At any rate - this is a simple matter to fix, and by no means did I leave these people off the website so I can take credit.  I hate labeling myself as a dev cause I have to constantly add the qualifier:  "Oh, but I'm not a programmer" - which I hate doing cause it makes me feel fake.  

So I much rather prefer a different title if one is needed but for now lead developer is the most proper title given I am involved with everything including the fund raising and paying [at least in part] for these programmers to do our updates.

ahmed_

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:59:54 PM

Contrary to what you believe vlad. me and GR are both still active behind the scenes. We both have been spending time where possible for IXC. even i know that i havent yet finished the IXC requirements as set out by Thomas and i likely wont finish it meaning we may not recieve anything. Im not even that bothered really.

However it is completely unfair on what your saying about GR. all his time recently has been spent learning linux so that he can do complete builds for IXC's windows wallet's using the new bitcoin code base

Ahmed
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:50:35 PM

Contrary to what you believe vlad. me and GR are both still active behind the scenes. We both have been spending time where possible for IXC. even i know that i havent yet finished the IXC requirements as set out by Thomas and i likely wont finish it meaning we may not recieve anything. Im not even that bothered really.

However it is completely unfair on what your saying about GR. all his time recently has been spent learning linux so that he can do complete builds for IXC's windows wallet's using the new bitcoin code base

Ahmed

I wish I could read minds but I can't. If groundrod never posts here then it's impossible to know if he's still interested in IXC and if so how much.

I wasn't trying to be unfair, I was simply stating the obvious.

And I wish you would finish the update, you're almost done so why not get the 50k bounty for all your hard work.

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:35:50 PM

Ahmed

I have some IXC for you Ahmed, let me have your wallet address.

http://ixc.boards.net/thread/60/devs
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:57:41 PM

I'll add Ahmed and groundrod as developers to the main dot org iXCoin site.

Ahmed and Groundrod, please let me know if you ever decide to move on from working on IXC so I can keep the site up to date.

Cheers!

ahmed_

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:29:54 PM

i dont currently have an IXC address as i broke the laptop it was on but ill get one here soon. Id be more than happy to work on IXC aslong as there's legitimate demand or aslong as im still in crypto whichever comes first.

Ahmed
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:37:09 AM

What group of [anonymous] people comes in and completely takes over, owns and controls the Bitcoin network in just 6 months?  A feat Andreas Antonopoulos said just a year ago that not even the NSA/CIA could ever pull off.  This same group then proceeded to mine [at least] 525,000 Bitcoins over a period of just 18 months and without any real opposition from the media or the industry itself.

So I ask you, use some common sense, who do you people think these people are backed by, who do you think our partners are?

And do you guys think these people are just gonna tell us their deepest secrets and all their plans?

Lol, so first it was Thomas with devious silent plans, and now it's CEX.io?  Even though both have dumped this like a hot potato?

The "board" is nothing but you right Vlad?  Same as the "lead developer".

Nothing to see here, just the death of another altcoin, move along.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 10:32:16 PM

Lol, so first it was Thomas with devious silent plans, and now it's CEX.io?  Even though both have dumped this like a hot potato?

The "board" is nothing but you right Vlad?  Same as the "lead developer".

Nothing to see here, just the death of another altcoin, move along.

Hey, long time no see, brother.

When are you ever gonna have a positive thing to say about iXCoin?  lol

Thomas is in contact with me regularly as is CEX.io - so none of them have "dropped" anything and if I had to guess I would say they're both still accumulating iXCoin.

I am not on the board alone - Cinnamon Carter is still on the board and she is still as determined and dedicated as ever. 

Finally, you've called for the death of iXCoin quite a few times; when will you be tired of being wrong?  lol

Merry Christmas, brother!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 10:48:47 PM

You see, the way I look at it. For nearly every other alt coin out there, Zeb is right to hold on to his BTC because they are mainly trending down. It means, if he should change his mind and decide to acquire some he can get more of it with his BTC than he could a year ago but that isn't panning out with IXC just at the moment. shame...The trouble is when you kill a coin, you create a legend! you can't truly kill it without acquiring it all.

Few alt coins on earth have stayed ahead of Bitcoin [value-wise] for years.  And ixCoin did it for nearly 4 years while it had 3 times the inflation rate of BTC.  So I wonder where IXC will be, relative to BTC now that IXC, unlike Bitcoin, is truly deflationary and real development has begun.

ushuai

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:27:54 PM

Heavy ixcoin trading on vircurex the last couple of weeks.  It's been the most active exchange for ixcoin lately.
jotaceo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:08:22 PM

Heavy ixcoin trading on vircurex the last couple of weeks.  It's been the most active exchange for ixcoin lately.

Lol. Sorry mate, but just a single buy at CEX.io on 14-12-2014 is higher than the last MONTH vircurex activity.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 10:05:06 PM

just be careful on vircurex

At one time they were probably my favorite exchange, I used to love when you could pair the different coins with one another.

After the trouble 'Tom' had minus a little btc well what can I say I lost a lot of respect there.....

Still I noticed activity on a few things on vircurex is pickiing up.  Ix is holding up some volume probably equal to cryptsy more or less

I also noticed that in the past few weeks someone is really pumping i0 coin since it was trading a month ago for about one eighth of ix price and is now around one half of ix prices.....

i0 coin is weird in that i 'heard' not experienced it first hand for many years a lot of ppl could not get it to work or get connections but it continued to be mined on old p2pool nodes.   Legend has it that there is more 'lost' i0 coin than any other. 

Ironic as it is with it's shorter block times i0 coin running level db (which the last version I have is running on btc 8.x code base) actually scale up to almost 5x that of iX coin and 5x of bitcoin in terms of speed of payment and how fat and round you want to bloat a blockchain. Of course your trade off is lower difficulty and shorter block times are a little risky (Based on my research which I know not everyone agrees with)

Anyway the old word was lots of i0 as it was mined was just immediatly dumped at vircurex in the old days since it was considered the worst of the merged coins at the time.  I think that iX is holding well in an environment where a few alt coins a day take a powder (mostly from their own doing) and even bitcoin is on sale for the time being.  I bet the owners or major traders on Vircurex hold a ton of i0 coin , probably millions, no where to really trace any unless someone can point me to a working abe block crawler (yes I can build my own but I am not that curios about it. )

I always said I would be concerned about bitcoin if the dificulty were to drop several times in a row and many fewer were mining.

I think it pretty funny that it drops just less than one percent the last two adjustment periods.  It feels almost as if someone has their hand on the throttle and is lowering/raising it when they want. 

Also since in America and some other countries, owning, mining or using bitcoin in business is now something you MAY havre to figure in to your taxes if the fiscal year ends at the end of the calendar year I would expect the price of bitcoin to really tank hard since all the people who don't want to pay taxes on what they could owe will instead show a capital loss and be able to deduct it from other areas of the business return they file.  After the first of the year bitcoin may face less pressure to rise in cost from this factor alone.

Getting back on point with the to do lis:

1) Is anyone currently running an ix node ?  If so can you please post it and what version you are using.

2) Does anyone agree wtih me it is a little wild to keep 4 million iX coins in just 8 addresses ??  (if a key is compromised and this can happen in many many ways by splitting them up in batches of 1000 coins or so you greatly reduce your risk whether you are just storing the coins or whatever.
Honestly I think it is a little crazy to keep that many coins in a few addresses.  Still even if you say "bull Cinnamon the coins are safe", would it be cexio holding those coins ?  I think it likely.  It is 20% of all the iX in the world.  I wonder what will happen next. (hopefully most of you know how to read a block crawler , check out the links to those huge amounts of coin each held by one address) 

3) iX coin test net - Vlad and I discussed this , since no one has any thoughts on it and most probably believe it to be unnecessary I may just run it myself.  I think if iX is going to try to make a run at world class status everything that is 'known' to work with bitcoin  , for example storing notes and photos in the block chain can easily be done with iX.  Other things the testnet would be good for is , we hope the multisignature functions of the new
update will work as expected but even when the bitcoin developers tested them there were more than a few unpredictable things that came up.

4)

Heavy ixcoin trading on vircurex the last couple of weeks.  It's been the most active exchange for ixcoin lately.

Lol. Sorry mate, but just a single buy at CEX.io on 14-12-2014 is higher than the last MONTH vircurex activity.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: