Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:09:13 PM

I don't think Counterparty is has escrow capability.

Of course it has as XCP is only a protocol currency based on parsing the bitcoin blockchain OP_RETURN field. As the white paper clearly states:
An ‘order’ is an offer to give a particular quantity of a particular asset and get some quantity of some other asset in return. No distinction is drawn between a ‘buy order’ and a ‘sell order’. The assets being given are escrowed away immediately upon the order being parsed. That is, if someone wants to give 1 XCP for 2 BTC, then as soon as he publishes that order, his balance of XCP is reduced by one.

So my question remains, how are you going to implement that using IXC as the native currency? Multi-signatures won't help here as the final recipient of IXC  (owner of the asset accepting the order) is not known in advance.

Well that is indeed curious.  How is that 2 BTC escrowed?   If it can be escrowed, then of course the IXC can be escrowed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:30:05 PM

Why Ixcoin though? There was no IPO, but there was a premine of 565,000 coins. I'd say go with I0coin, if you're going to resurrect the dead.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Slaphead

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:54:07 AM

What happened to the premine coins, were they dumped or has someone still got them?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:47:52 AM

sounds good,  however we still have to fix that crashing problem that you currently have.  Let me know what you've found.
It hasn't crashed yet since the change but I haven't seen a filtering message yet. I'm monitoring the logs and when I get one of these without a crash following I think we can safely assume it is fixed.

Okay,  I'll work on the CounterParty port.

Send bounty to xm7RZfDQyiYqFQZ6Q9ZgtSkX9e8uBJ3SLY 

ETA: 2 weeks

Does it means that, considering the other issue was solved on May 9, we should count 2 weeks starting from the 10th of May?

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and it's one week, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and this is the other week. Considering that 24-25 is a weekend, we can expect the presentation of counterparty on iXcoin on:

Monday 26th of May 2014 - counterparty on iXcoin

FrictionlessCoin, am I right?

No need to be that technical.

I know Friction has a full-time job outside of IXC.  If he finishes CounterParty by the end of this month I'd be thrilled.

Thanks Friction.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:52:46 AM

What happened to the premine coins, were they dumped or has someone still got them?

The founder, Thomas has come back and he has been making some huge bounty payouts to devs who earned those bounties, like Friction.

So no, the premine was never dumped.

It's been 3 years and it was a small 3% premine; that dog needs to effing die.

Look at so many coins with massive premines and some 100% premines.   NOBODY says anything about it, yet, 3 years later, people are still talking shit about a mere 3% IXC premine even though the dev has made some large bounty payouts out of it.

If I had the money I'd just buy the remaining premine on the open market and set it on fire so people will stop talking about it once and for all!

jamaer

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:01:54 AM

How is that 2 BTC escrowed?   If it can be escrowed, then of course the IXC can be escrowed.

In the Counterparty protocol, BTC is handled separately (btcpay) from all other assets, and it involves an extra step. Of course, that could be used for IXC in implementing assets, but it won't work for bets (which in Counterparty are in XCP). So unless you come up with something more clever for the IXC escrow, we can't have bets. 
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:18:10 AM

Why Ixcoin though? There was no IPO, but there was a premine of 565,000 coins. I'd say go with I0coin, if you're going to resurrect the dead.

Speaking of dead, i0Coin died some 3 or 4 times, to iXcoin's ZERO deaths.

iXcoin is nearly 8 times more secure; that's one awesome good reason to choose iXcoin over most alts, including iZERO.

iXcoin is much more evenly distributed compared to i0 since i0 gave out such massive block rewards, in a relatively short time-span without merge mining (cause it kept dying while merge mined due to memory overload issues) and is most likely heavily hoarded by very few people.

i0 stands for iZERO And there's nothing cool sounding about that and it shows the lack of creativity of the devs which tells you a lot about any coin.

iXcoin has special hidden messages [most likely buried inside the code by the CIA or Aliens] where i0 is just a very confusing coin with no special, prophetic, illuminati messages.  Haha!

Finally, the biggest and most important reason:   I own a boatload of iXcoin but none i0Coin but I'm an educated, observant and objective guy, I'm sure there is no Confirmation Bias in my judgment.  

Haha.

But seriously, there are a lot more good reasons.  Like iXcoin is the only coin to show a long term positive correlation to Bitcoin where i0Coin has had nothing but troubles the entire time and can't seem to go up in price even when Bitcoin is rallying.

iXcoin is oldest of the 2 coins; where i0 is actually a [bad] copy of iXcoin.

The devs of i0 coin thought they were being clever [again] so they dropped the block time to 2 minutes; hence, making i0Coin very unstable compared to iXcoin [and Bitcoin].

iXcoin is the only exact twin of Bitcoin so it can literally take the leader, head on, like we're about to do with CounterParty - Whatever Bitcoin can do, iXcoin can do Better AND Cheaper (thanks Friction).  Why risk the time, work and money on a coin like i0 which has a history of instability when you've got everything you need in iXcoin?

There are other good reasons but these [off the top of my head] reasons should be enough.

Basically, i0 offers no advantages over iXcoin while i0 has some severe disadvantages compared to iXcoin.

And like I said last year:  When Wall Street comes in this year, they'll see the same thing I see and when you're putting your future, time and money into a coin you don't take any chances.  Chances like with a coin dying which then only leaves iXcoin and Devcoin for the best, time tested secured coin candidates.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:20:27 AM

How is that 2 BTC escrowed?   If it can be escrowed, then of course the IXC can be escrowed.

In the Counterparty protocol, BTC is handled separately (btcpay) from all other assets, and it involves an extra step. Of course, that could be used for IXC in implementing assets, but it won't work for bets (which in Counterparty are in XCP). So unless you come up with something more clever for the IXC escrow, we can't have bets. 

What if we add Native Colored Coins, like originally planned?  From what I remember, Colored Coins was best for Contracts and Escrow.

Or is that redundant or an overkill when adding CounterParty?

jamaer

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:12:23 AM

What if we add Native Colored Coins, like originally planned?  From what I remember, Colored Coins was best for Contracts and Escrow.

Or is that redundant or an overkill when adding CounterParty?

I don't know how native colored coins were "originally planned" to be implemented. IMO the key here is to understand the difference between native (or "atomic", meaning that something is added directly to the IXC protocol) and something like Counterparty (which is just on top of regular IXC protocol/regular transactions). 

Having thought about this quite a bit, I think the "hybrid" scheme Friction is proposing (i.e., using atomic IXC transactions as a "native currency" for the rest of Counterparty protocol) is not working without a need to change the IXC protocol. That's something I think should be avoided at this stage (as it requires that majority of the miners accepting the new implementation). Also, if we start modifying the IXC protocol, then I think we should go all the way and implement the whole contracts/bets business as natively. From my reading of (a lot of) technical writing about bitcoin, I think the general concencus is that it is possible, but any agreement beyond that is lacking among experts. So it would be A LOT of work and testing.

Another possibility for IXC is simply to copy the Counterparty procedure, i.e., we create are new protocol currency (let's call it IXCP) by "burning" IXC similar to what they did in Counterparty. This would allow us pretty much directly copy the tools etc. what has been developed by Counterparty community, and requires no change (if our miners adopt to the new client which has the OP_RETURN enabled) to the IXC protocol itself. However, personally I do not like this burning idea. Moreover, since the market cap of IXC is not currently that much, one should really burn huge amounts of IXCs before it would be meaningful.

After thinking this issue a lot, I think there is a third option, I'm now proposing to the community. We could take the advantage of the fact IXC is very mature coin with most of it already out there. So we could take directly the Counterparty protocol, but instead of initially distributing IXCPs by burning, we could agree on a certain block on which every existing IXC address is awarded the same amount of IXCPs.

Any thoughts?

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:15:06 AM

No need to be that technical.

I know Friction has a full-time job outside of IXC.  If he finishes CounterParty by the end of this month I'd be thrilled.

Thanks Friction.

Yes, you are correct,  us developers always have full-time jobs.  That's why its always a matter of priorities in terms of what we do on our free time.   When I do ask for donations, its because I always have a better use of my time elsewhere.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 10:10:30 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 11:16:52 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Jamaer,

How exactly would that 3rd option work?

It sounds like an IPO or a secondary offering for existing shareholders.  So are you talking about creating an additional instrument called IXCP or diluting IXC with IXCP?

Can you add some more color on how exactly that would work?

Thanks!

EDIT:  If that third option involves the use of a METAcoin, a token or a middle man then it's DOA.

Colored Coins does away with all that.  It's simple and there won't be any liquidity issues either down the road.  I really hope Counter Party is the best choice of the two. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Well obviously is should be an IbeX

Two ibex with horns locked to form an X.  

IbeX, IbeX, ........ IbeX Coin?

Currency Symbol
http://graphemica.com/ǂ
http://unicode-table.com/en/16AF/

I didn't wanna be the one that came up with that symbol but that's exactly where I thought it was going.  I expect a variation of that to be chosen eventually.

Until X becomes the favored version that is [which I still think will happen down the road].

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 11:14:01 PM

I've been doing some reading on Colored Coins and Counter Party and it seems like they are basically the same thing so I don't think we'll need to integrate both.

My question is, are we choosing the best of the 2 options?  Cause I'm seeing some good arguments for using colored coins over Counter Party.  The main one being potential liquidity issues.

Friction, can you clarify this?  Is Counter Party indeed the best choice?

Thanks!

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:55:36 PM

Using the iXcoin block explorer I notice over 50% of blocks now have mulitple transactions and fees paid to miners.  That's a promising development to encourage continued miner support even after the block reward ends.  Adding Counter Party and/or Colored Coins should increase transactions even more.

iXcoin is by no means dead.  It's just quietly building into a stable, dependable, massively secure crypto in its own right, and a great platform for add-on features!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:03:28 AM

Using the iXcoin block explorer I notice over 50% of blocks now have mulitple transactions and fees paid to miners.  That's a promising development to encourage continued miner support even after the block reward ends.  Adding Counter Party and/or Colored Coins should increase transactions even more.

iXcoin is by no means dead.  It's just quietly building into a stable, dependable, massively secure crypto in its own right, and a great platform for add-on features!

That's interesting, I really wasn't expecting that so soon.  I mean, who is really using iXcoin right now.

This code upgrade won't do much for the price.  We have a Ferrari in our driveway but everyone thinks it's a pinto.

We need to raise awareness somehow and that's how the price will start appreciating.  Without higher awareness the price will not go anywhere.

kraizi

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:21:40 AM

That's interesting, I really wasn't expecting that so soon.  I mean, who is really using iXcoin right now.

This code upgrade won't do much for the price.  We have a Ferrari in our driveway but everyone thinks it's a pinto.

We need to raise awareness somehow and that's how the price will start appreciating.  Without higher awareness the price will not go anywhere.

It's not necessarily true that the upgrade won't help price.  Adding Counter Party and/or Colored Coins will automatically bring more users into the iXcoin world.  New coins and other investments will depend on iXcoin for their very existence.  The groups who advertise their own iXcoin based creations will be indirectly advertising iXcoin.  It could become an huge marketing tool.  Just one very popular iXcoin based creation could increase iXcoin transactions many times over.

kraizi

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:42:17 AM

I don't know much about Counter Party or Colored Coins and the built in fail-safes, but I wonder if we should install a cap on the number of, for example, different Colored Coins which can be created on top of iXcoin.  The cap could of course be increased if needed, but it would protect iXcoin from an exponential increase in Colored Coins, such as we've seen with crypto coins.  Such an explosion could all but choke iXcoin with all kinds of scam coins and threaten its own existence if iXcoin transactions can't be processed.  For that matter is there a way or is it even appropriate for the iXcoin community to filter scam coins from being created on top of iXcoin in the first place?  There are many questions like this we should probably be discussing before the upgrade gets released into the wild and we can no longer control it.  I'm all for these add on features, but we should probably think through how they will be implemented.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:50:54 AM

I think iXcoin would be able to handle anything thrown at it so then I wouldn't want to put a cap on new coins.  I also wouldn't want to police all the new coins coming out.

That creates a lot of red tape and greatly slows down innovation.

We have to make all of this as easy and free as possible.

All of this of course is based on the premise that iXcoin will not me choked.

All I think we need to do is increase the block size to some much larger number.

Friction,

along with the next upgrade, can we increase the transaction block size?  Let's stay ahead of Bitcoin if possible.  They will definitely increase that size logarithmically in the next 2 years so why not move ahead of them.  

I think this is the only choke point - besides some potential liquidity issues but all coins, including Bitcoin, have this issue.

Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:33:21 AM

I asked coloredcoin team to use ixcoin blockchain to test their coloredcoin project

Their answer?

"Thanks!
Ill have a look at it"

I hope we are going to have this team joining the community. It could be fun!

Maybe they need a little bit of encouragement

http://coloredcoins.org
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:49:46 AM

I asked coloredcoin team to use ixcoin blockchain to test their coloredcoin project

Their answer?

"Thanks!
Ill have a look at it"

I hope we are going to have this team joining the community. It could be fun!

Maybe they need a little bit of encouragement

http://coloredcoins.org

They are all very welcome here.

The new Bitcoin foundation has made it clear that they will not empower other technologies which could compete with Bitcoin in the future.

My guess is they will start to change the bitcoin protocol and eventually make it closed source so they can add features and keep them for themselves.

CounterParty, ColoredCoins etc., your best chances are with the one and only true and ultra secure Bitcoin Alternative in The World:  iXcoin - the Bitcoin Twin.

iXcoin is even better than Bitcoin cause you can buy the coins for much cheaper, there's more liquidity in IXC, no bad image problems and most of all, you'll get total freedom and control, something that has long been gone from Bitcoin.

So hurry up, First come First serve; soon everyone will see how centralized bitcoin is so those who build on iXcoin first will most likely become the defacto tech of choice.

Good luck to everyone and...

Welcome to the  F U T U R E!

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: