Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125826 times)
martyshmoo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:42:08 PM

Hy guys
I don't understand, why better this firmware than the stock firmware? Because the profit on19,3Ghs with 1200w is equal 17Ghs on 750W-1,5 fee.

Blissz,

I keep seeing a point pop up about the miners mining for you personally as a development fee for one second an hour or every time we reboot...or some CRAP like that!

Now I do not believe it.

But, If there is any weird (non transparent) thing going in the background, please make it transparent.

If there is Not, Please state that, and stop these thoughts from all our heads.

One guy talks about 1.5% of all our mining goes to you in a dev. fee, as in mining for you?

wtf is that? Is there any truth to what I am reading between the lines?

i do not care, just so it is up front, because "I love what you have done for me so far".

Please do not delete this from the forum, many are wondering.

Thanks,

Marty

heythorp

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Marty ,

Breath.

He has been totally upfront and transparent about it, if you read the thread.

He is taking 1.5% of your time per hour.

It's for his coding time.

Totally fair and reasonable.
taserz

Activity: 800
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

There is still a problem (with new version of FW) when some miners go to backup pool every 1 hour.

Can you copy paste PM your full kernel log?

please take max priority to switch other algo ;-)

You can't do that...

Marty ,

Breath.

For adding variables to things that were fixed variables and recompile the binary?

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:35:02 PM

There is still a problem (with new version of FW) when some miners go to backup pool every 1 hour.

Can you copy paste PM your full kernel log?

please take max priority to switch other algo ;-)

You can't do that...

Marty ,

Breath.

For adding variables to things that were fixed variables and recompile the binary?
if somone can create a fee free version lol go for it
martyshmoo

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:42:23 PM

Marty ,

Breath.

you telling me to breathe or did you take a breath?

Ok, I never found that BECAUSE, to search for something on this forum leads me ALWAYS to searching again, and reading some "You have to wait 360 seconds" crap. And any new person, would have to look through 70 some pages to find it, and I did not see it, so its not "Plain as day" It is just insinuated all over the place clearly. I bet its on page one, so sorry.

So, first, thank you.

Second, As long as the dev. fee ends at some point? Can you point me to the page explaining this, I have to wait another 360 seconds...Is it 1.5% forever Blissz? I mean a lot of people are asking about missing hash rate at the sites they are pooling at, and If that is it welllll.....now I know too.

Finally, If I add the 1.5% to the million restarts I have done, I am sure I am a few blocks behind where I would of been; with a deafer ear of course. But my girlfriend would not of accepted the original noise of restarts at night I am sure.

Thank you Blissz, sorry for bringing this up..

1.I love my quiet fan at every start up. (I hate I restart so much, but that is a lot faster!!)

2. I love tuning each string to perfection. (1-10 HW a day is my goal).

3. I Love that you will change the fan selection to the advanced config page in your next version!!!

However, I bet many did not know because it is not easy to search on the forum as a newbie.

But now we know,

And I am still happy.

M

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:49:57 PM

Marty ,

Breath.

you telling me to breathe or did you take a breath?

Ok, I never found that BECAUSE, to search for something on this forum leads me ALWAYS to searching again, and reading some "You have to wait 360 seconds" crap. And any new person, would have to look through 70 some pages to find it, and I did not see it, so its not "Plain as day" It is just insinuated all over the place clearly. I bet its on page one, so sorry.

So, first, thank you.

Second, As long as the dev. fee ends at some point? Can you point me to the page explaining this, I have to wait another 360 seconds...Is it 1.5% forever Blissz? I mean a lot of people are asking about missing hash rate at the sites they are pooling at, and If that is it welllll.....now I know too.

Finally, If I add the 1.5% to the million restarts I have done, I am sure I am a few blocks behind where I would of been; with a deafer ear of course. But my girlfriend would not of accepted the original noise of restarts at night I am sure.

Thank you Blissz, sorry for bringing this up..

1.I love my quiet fan at every start up. (I hate I restart so much, but that is a lot faster!!)

2. I love tuning each string to perfection. (1-10 HW a day is my goal).

3. I Love that you will change the fan selection to the advanced config page in your next version!!!

However, I bet many did not know because it is not easy to search on the forum as a newbie.

But now we know,

And I am still happy.

M

You don't have to search for anything, read the first post in the thread with all the details of the firmware before using it, in particular:

It's really experimental so here are the terms:
- I am not responsible for any damage to your miner, flash at your own risk
- You're not going to complain about the 1.5% mining fee.

It is not uncommon for mining software to have a dev fee, implemented as some time per hour the miner works for the dev, quite common practice.
martyshmoo

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:54:29 PM

Hy guys
I don't understand, why better this firmware than the stock firmware? Because the profit on19,3Ghs with 1200w is equal 17Ghs on 750W-1,5 fee.

yeah this is the only question i have but the efficency numbers are crazy with this firmare:

stock
19600 ms at 1200 watt - .0612  watt/ms or 16.33  ms/watt

18500 ma at 920 watt - .049 watt/ms or 20 ms/Watt

15000 ma at 700 watt - .046 watt/ms or 21 mhs/watt

thats roughly a 20 percent increase in efficency which also traanlatea to longer life on the chips
which equals more time to roi , as well as less heat

now all i need are some numbers on the dev fee to see the true gains

Yes, at like 9 bucks a day, its less than a penny per d3 miner per day. and my miner makes no noise, and I can turn it down really low for the night to be low power consumption when there is no sun to collect.

still worth it.

M

30 cents a month... thats cool.

I saw this russian building an new controller alltogether for the d3 so it could mine scrypt, quark, and x13/15, etc. He wants 300 bucks a unit. I am considering this as well.

If you have 100 units I understand your concern. But a couple, this is worth it in all cases.

M
Marvell2

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:13:59 PM

Hy guys

yeah this is the only question i have but the efficency numbers are crazy with this firmare:

stock
19600 ms at 1200 watt - .0612  watt/ms or 16.33  ms/watt

thats roughly a 20 percent increase in efficency which also traanlatea to longer life on the chips

Yes, at like 9 bucks a day, its less than a penny per d3 miner per day. and my miner makes no noise, and I can turn it down really low for the night to be low power consumption when there is no sun to collect.

still worth it.

M

I saw this russian building an new controller alltogether for the d3 so it could mine scrypt, quark, and x13/15, etc. He wants 300 bucks a unit. I am considering this as well.

If you have 100 units I understand your concern. But a couple, this is worth it in all cases.

M
lol who is this russian you speak of
dlezama

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:16:46 PM

Hy guys

stock
19600 ms at 1200 watt - .0612  watt/ms or 16.33  ms/watt

still worth it.

M

M

How hard is it to understand that ASICs do one and one thing only. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit
heythorp

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:31:44 PM

no one is making you use it.

Go do it yourself  and then give your time and expertise away for free to the community. I support you in this.
jbmod

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:04:58 PM

Impressive, well done. Undervolting would void the warranty prob like with oc.

Yes I will add this to the topic as this definitely voids the warranty on the mining boards Smiley
On the other hand, this will improve efficiency and heat problems, so on average this will improve the lifetime of the miner

Is it possible to detect modded firmware or clock changes if the device is hard reset?

As far as I know, no - you won't be able to see that. You could at any point flash the Bitmain FW onto the controller again.
But I'm not 100% sure about settings. So in this case I'd recommend to wipe all settings and flash back original FW; then there should be no easy way to see that you used a different firmware before.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:32:06 PM

So is this really worth it? I've kept mine off for so long due to low profit and so much noise. Do you just DL and flash like the stock firmware?

Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:20:05 AM

Hy guys

stock

still worth it.

M

M

How hard is it to understand that ASICs do one and one thing only. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit

I have to interject, that the specific "thing" this asic is supposed to do is 11 different algos, and yeah you aren't going to be able to add scrypt, but *IF* bitmain had a little forethought when they did the chip (which is possible since we will never see any real specs on it) they may have already done up to x15 and it just never sends the signal to use the other algos. (It is just as likely though that x11 is all it can do, but the possibility MAY be there for x13 and/or x15 ) Now because it can do all of the x11 algos .. again with the MAY it MAY be possible to trick it on the software end to mine a single algo of the 11. - Though you are 100% right about if the hardware "ain't already down with it" you ain't doin' it. So odds of adding an algo? very very small and only exist at all if the chips were already built to do other algos and the function just wasn't acessed. Odds of being able to separate out a single on of the 11 we already know are there? much greater, but again depends on alot of little factors that most of us will never know. Might be that jigging cgminer might be enough, might not be possible at all. I don't know enough about how x11 signals to change algos to the next one in the list.
So possible? maybe, but worth the effort that it would need? dunno.
dlezama

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:07:37 AM

Hy guys

stock

still worth it.

M

M

I have to interject, that the specific "thing" this asic is supposed to do is 11 different algos, and yeah you aren't going to be able to add scrypt, but *IF* bitmain had a little forethought when they did the chip (which is possible since we will never see any real specs on it) they may have already done up to x15 and it just never sends the signal to use the other algos. (It is just as likely though that x11 is all it can do, but the possibility MAY be there for x13 and/or x15 ) Now because it can do all of the x11 algos .. again with the MAY it MAY be possible to trick it on the software end to mine a single algo of the 11. - Though you are 100% right about if the hardware "ain't already down with it" you ain't doin' it. So odds of adding an algo? very very small and only exist at all if the chips were already built to do other algos and the function just wasn't acessed. Odds of being able to separate out a single on of the 11 we already know are there? much greater, but again depends on alot of little factors that most of us will never know. Might be that jigging cgminer might be enough, might not be possible at all. I don't know enough about how x11 signals to change algos to the next one in the list.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I also thought that maybe bitmain was smart enough to make the chip a little more generic to hopefully reuse the design, mask, manufactured chips (although with the numbers they move a few million bucks may be pocket change). BUT, of course if they are smart they also put some eFuses there and the ones we have are burnt to be X11 forever  Grin
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:22:37 AM

To OP. Thank you. Great stuff.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:23:09 AM

Hy guys

stock

still worth it.

M

M

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I also thought that maybe bitmain was smart enough to make the chip a little more generic to hopefully reuse the design, mask, manufactured chips (although with the numbers they move a few million bucks may be pocket change). BUT, of course if they are smart they also put some eFuses there and the ones we have are burnt to be X11 forever  Grin

Entirely possible, like lets say you design the chip with x15 kill the x13 and x15 possibilities and YOU don't have to change a thing but taking out that one little thing that kills it and voila x13, now you roll out a new pile of miners, but production costs are down no refitting machines to crank out the new chip... 'course it still could be a "hey someone is doing x11 crank em out while we can make a little $$$ out of it.. go go go!" and they never went the route of x15 and downgrading.
heythorp

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:39:51 AM

we should really start an independant thread about mining other algo's has nothing to do with this thread about a very specific topic of D3 firmware enhancements.
RfBTC

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:39:06 AM

I have tested my Stock  D3,  at 19 GHs  and 1145W.....  its mined around 11 ONX (Onix),  in 24h,  at zpool.ca

What coin (x11) are you mining at what pool / profit per day it rewards ? , i think Nicehash is the best option atm.

You get no answers, is it? It is because no one shares any secret, because they are so desperate to make a little to recover their investment on D3 that included me, since Shitmain flooded the market.

I don't expect making so big business with this D3.... but just looking the best option for getting  profit... atm  11 ONX per day... around 330 ONX per month  at 0,50 $ per ONX  its 165$,  that cover  electricty cost  (0,14 cents per kW/h)  and give a little profit !

P.D If ONX will goes up to 1$ per coin, profit will be higher
Marvell2

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:31:59 AM

new firmware same issue with that one chain 1

oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooo

all asics are detected but no hash

asic status for that chain is
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx
martyshmoo

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:34:46 AM

So is this really worth it? I've kept mine off for so long due to low profit and so much noise. Do you just DL and flash like the stock firmware?

Yes,

I never mined before two weeks ago, andthis software IS as PLUG and PLAY as it gets.

Thanks again Blissz

M
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: