Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 03:16:55 PM

There is no LP on ANY solo mining.
LP means that pool require to get new work = new block in network.

Try my p2pool: http://rav3n.dtdns.net:8645

Edit: looks like I`m in the fork too :/

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jriker1

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:18:55 PM

There is no LP on ANY solo mining.
LP means that pool require to get new work = new block in network.

Try my p2pool: http://rav3n.dtdns.net:8645

I've usually piggybacked off of pool longpoll support servers as my failover entry in cgminer.conf to identify new blocks faster so is the only time I used LP but perhaps I'm confused as normally pool mine.

JR
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 03:27:42 PM

anyone have a little info on whats going on with this coin? will it be added back to the exchange soon ?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 03:45:26 PM

v1.5 hopefully will fix that self-forking problem. Then it can back on market.

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 03:47:12 PM

Just trying to figure out what happened with my coins on the exchange

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
braytz

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:52:01 PM

+1
Jriker1

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:59:22 PM

Is 1.5 coming or should be downloadable now?  Also guess we shouldn't be mining bottlecaps right now?

Thanks.

JR
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

My block crawler could potentially end up on the wrong chain, just the same as any of your clients could. It usually comes down to how many peer connections you have. The more you have, the less likely you are to end up on the losing chain because you have more peers telling you which one they believe is the correct chain. The majority will invariably win. The problem is, if you only have 8 connections there is very little margin for error, 4 peers could very easily go one way and the other 4 the other which makes it a coin flip situation for your client when deciding which way to go.

Anyway it's been nearly a week since I restarted my bottlecaps daemon used on the crawler so I've just given it a restart to refresh the peer starting heights. It's now listing peers with at least 91,138 blocks which was my block count at the time of the restart.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:35:08 PM

It usually comes down to how many peer connections you have. The more you have, the less likely you are to end up on the losing chain because you have more peers telling you which one they believe is the correct chain.

You would think that is how it operates... but it does not. You have to have a lot of connections... that are also "getting blocks from" that tall chain.

We all see it... we all know it is 43 blocks behind... but our wallets never sync with that chain, because we, and the connections we have, have been severed... and/or we can not "repair" the incorrect blocks, correcting them with the correct blocks from the taller chain.

Lack of connections just makes that happen faster. (The clients have issues with connections.)

Your block-crawler has been able to stay 90% on track, and you fix it fast... so thus... it is mostly on the tallest chain. That is our only resource for block-height, except our wallets or the forums. (The forums just are not fast enough to check block-height. By the time you read a post, there could be 20+ more blocks, or 200+ more. As opposed to hitting refresh on your website, or seeing "out of sync" and "45 blocks remaining" in our wallets, which never catches-up, no matter how many connections we have, or how many times we reconnect.)

I still can't get more than 13-14 connections, using the "connect" hack/trick. (But, most wallets are like that, for me. I should find-out which ones are not like that, and that might give some insight to the issue that they can't seem to locate. Obviously the coin they are using for cloning has not resolved that issue either. Seems specific to home-users of various windows versions.)

However, it should take only 2 connections to stay up to date, with one roaming one, looking for taller chains. It shouldn't take 10+ connections if we are all doing the same thing, and have the same info.

The issue is this... in time... all connections end-up doing this...

(Group A: height 80000) A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I {9 connections} -> Was 18 conn (Half accepted N block, half didn't, taking D block instead.)
(Group B: height 80002) J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R {9 connections} -> (Built off N block, rejecting D block, severed so can't send height to the other half now.)

Then S comes online... S sees us and them... so S joins the N chain (Group B), and tells the D chain (Group A) of the new height. It attempts to send the blocks, which the wallets just can't use to fix the chain, so they keep mining on the chain that they can mine on, the short one. (Never fixing the incorrect height by removing the incorrect orphaned blocks, rebuilding to the taller height.)

Then, that chain eventually fades, as new people and those noticing the issue, fix it manually and join the (Group B), which is now 20 blocks over (Group A). However, some of those connections are getting rejected, because they "are misbehaving", and that keeps the fork alive, instead of them stopping mining on the short fork, the program continues on a fork it knows is not correct. Until they are left alone and no work arrives for them.

Those previously mining the wrong chain, who still have rejection, and who still have those peers to join... keep getting back on the wrong chain. Because they just don't get the other block heights, until S comes online, and S is not rejecting them, because it just got online, and has not rejected them yet. Acting as a thin link... thus, leaving you with 10 connections, but only 1 link to the other chain, through S... if S gets severed, you lose it again... Even with the 10 connections.
sigesang

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:39:47 PM

Mullick whats going on man? Why the forks again?
Apparently, more people are turning on POS, and screwing it up faster than normal. (Newcomers, or blind-miners, or idiots wanting that 0.0001 gain which costs them 100's in losses from becoming forked, mining orphans. If they ever repair their wallets, they will see they lost a lot more than they THINK they are making.)

Ofc it's the users fault coin is broken, PoS mining is on by default you know...

BTC 1basemmmcpVWVfzZMyLA1r2DJMTMnZYoX LTC LiTeTipdGNcXRjTw5pVnMXjB5FFoEfxPAZ
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:49:33 PM

Ofc it's the users fault coin is broken, PoS mining is on by default you know...

The coin is not broken... It is running fine. The wallets are "acting-up", making it "difficult", but it is not "impossible to mine", thus, not "broken".

The last 30 posts have given instructions to disable POS. The last versions have severed the older versions, thus, they have all seen the request to stop POS, and instructions how to do that... (Though, I agree POS should be disabled in the client, by the software, by default, until that part is resolved.)

At this point, it is ignorance or stupidity "worsening" the issue. The fault of the program formula has already been addressed, and solution is manual, at this point. Any fault now IS on the ones operating the wallets. (Related to that issue.)

Sorry, but if you were told your car has a recall for failing brakes at 65MPH, and you refuse to drive under 65MPH until you can have it repaired for free... It is your own fault if you die in a crash because your brakes failed at 70MPH. By default, brakes work, but you don't have to drive the car. That is your choice, thus, your fault. (Not directing that to you... unless you are driving!)
sigesang

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:10:44 PM

The coin is not broken... It is running fine. The wallets are "acting-up", making it "difficult", but it is not "impossible to mine", thus, not "broken".

The last 30 posts have given instructions to disable POS. The last versions have severed the older versions, thus, they have all seen the request to stop POS, and instructions how to do that... (Though, I agree POS should be disabled in the client, by the software, by default, until that part is resolved.)

At this point, it is ignorance or stupidity "worsening" the issue. The fault of the program formula has already been addressed, and solution is manual, at this point. Any fault now IS on the ones operating the wallets. (Related to that issue.)

Sorry, but if you were told your car has a recall for failing brakes at 65MPH, and you refuse to drive under 65MPH until you can have it repaired for free... It is your own fault if you die in a crash because your brakes failed at 70MPH. By default, brakes work, but you don't have to drive the car. That is your choice, thus, your fault. (Not directing that to you... unless you are driving!)

And that car you talking about isn't broken, works fine... and the drivers/users are idiots anyway for choosing this brand of car

DrGoose

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:19:49 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 07:55:44 PM by DrGoose

Keep your judgment to yourself.

I had no stake mining in my broken wallet. The wallet was used only for solo mining @9MH/s. My wallets with stakes are offline.

DrGoose

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:51:40 PM

My block crawler could potentially end up on the wrong chain, just the same as any of your clients could. It usually comes down to how many peer connections you have. The more you have, the less likely you are to end up on the losing chain because you have more peers telling you which one they believe is the correct chain. The majority will invariably win. The problem is, if you only have 8 connections there is very little margin for error, 4 peers could very easily go one way and the other 4 the other which makes it a coin flip situation for your client when deciding which way to go.

Anyway it's been nearly a week since I restarted my bottlecaps daemon used on the crawler so I've just given it a restart to refresh the peer starting heights. It's now listing peers with at least 91,138 blocks which was my block count at the time of the restart.

Thanks for keeping this up. Seems the safest is to use your chain as the de-facto reference. Without your effort we would be left in the dark until 1.5.

My mining wallet is now back in-synch with 16 connections (and growing), and back on your connection list.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:09:31 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 09:22:52 PM by ISAWHIM

I had no stake mining in my broken wallet. The wallet was used only for solo mining @9MH/s. My wallets with stakes are offline.

No

If you were mining and not creating POS, then your wallet is not broken, and you are not the source of the "worsening" issue. Broken = does not work. If you came here to post that reply, you are trolling. So keep your personal biased  judgement about my factually unbiased judgement to yourself. Hypocrite.

It is ignorance (ignoring the issue and solution, for personal gain, at the cost of the others.)
It is stupidity (the opposite of smart, selfishly leaving it on, for personal gain, at the cost of the others.)
->
Related to "worsening" the issue. (Making it "worse", when it would otherwise not be "as bad".)

Definition of "Broken":
1. Forcibly separated into two or more pieces; fractured: a broken arm; broken glass.
2. Sundered by divorce, separation, or desertion of a parent or parents: children from broken homes; a broken marriage.
3. Having been violated: a broken promise.
- a. Incomplete: a broken set of books.
- b. Being in a state of disarray; disordered: troops fleeing in broken ranks. (No, that is disordered or disarray. Dumbasses. broken ranks is the same as broken glass, already mentioned. Fractured. Order is irrelevant and obviously out, if fractured. But I digress. lol)
- a. Intermittently stopping and starting; discontinuous: a broken cable transmission.
- b. Varying abruptly, as in pitch: broken sobs.
- c. Spoken with gaps and errors: broken English.
6. Topographically rough; uneven: broken terrain.
- a. Subdued totally; humbled: a broken spirit.
- b. Weakened and infirm: broken health.
8. Crushed by grief: died of a broken heart.
9. Financially ruined; bankrupt. (These guys are retarded, who writes this shit. lol. WTH does bankrupt have to do with broken! There are no RUINS in your account. Damn cross-synonyms screwing up definitions now. lol.)
10. Not functioning; out of order: a broken washing machine.

LOL, they forgot "broken back mountain" and "brokers" and "crashed" and... (Sarcasm for the stupidly published and poor definition crap they teach in schools. Webster was a moron. #10 would have sufficed, but they obviously like to fill white space to sell themselves as being smart, just making themselves look dumb in the process. I am guilty of that myself. I am a hypocrite too. We all are.)

The program functions, just not the way it was expected, on all machines. It does exactly what other coins do... it forks. It just doesn't recover WELL on ALL MACHINES. Some machines it does. No other form of the word "broken" applies to this coin, without also applying to all other coins that exist.

The chain is broken... that is called a fork. Every coin forks, a lot. Most forking happens fast and dies fast and fixes itself. These forks just have "issues" being fixed. Which is "worsened" by those still throwing POS blocks at the chains.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:25:03 PM

And that car you talking about isn't broken, works fine... and the drivers/users are idiots anyway for choosing this brand of car

Correct, it is WORKING, but not fine... but broken is not "something that doesn't work fine".

And you are driving this brand of car... (Can't say much more than that, you said it all for me.)

I drive it too, and keep coming back to see that others stay running. The issues have already been addressed, and are being worked-on. You want to speed it up... Pay him.
sigesang

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:28:44 PM

Correct, it is WORKING, but not fine... but broken is not "something that doesn't work fine".

And you are driving this brand of car... (Can't say much more than that, you said it all for me.)

I drive it too, and keep coming back to see that others stay running. The issues have already been addressed, and are being worked-on. You want to speed it up... Pay him.

No i don't drive this PoS (and i don't mean Proof of Stake) car, you are calling me an idiot?

If something isn't working as intended it's broken.. it's not addressed if you need to manually change it.. and you smartass comparsion with cars... well whatever.. im sure you will come up with some more argumenst.. it's addressed bla bla.. and some wall of text with another pointless explanation.. if ignorants/idiots/whatever PoS mine it breaks things... making shit broken... stop pretending otherwise

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 09:52:39 PM

I'm pretty sure they will be there once cryptsy gets the updated client, which has yet to be released.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DrGoose

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:48:20 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 01:33:16 AM by DrGoose

No

If you were mining and not creating POS, then your wallet is not broken, and you are not the source of the "worsening" issue. Broken = does not work. If you came here to post that reply, you are trolling. So keep your personal biased  judgement about my factually unbiased judgement to yourself. Hypocrite.
In my reality, the wallet was broken and it was configured to not do POS mining. Just sharing my observation with the community.

I guess I just have to accept to remain ignorant/stupid in your 'forked' reality... good luck to you  Roll Eyes
ISAWHIM

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:55:48 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 02:12:05 AM by ISAWHIM

By your definitions of broken, everything in my house is broken. Nothing works as expected. But it all works.

My computer crashes loading some webpages, my toaster doesn't cook evenly, my dog runs in circles, the AC only cools down to 78F in the summer, the cable TV digitally breaks-up once in a while, the car I drive only gets 23MPG instead of the 28MPG it said, oh and I paid for all those... How much did you pay the developers for the bottlecaps program?

If you are not mining it, (driving), then why are you here?

If you are not here to contribute or pay for development, then you have no right to make demands. Everyone knew the risk going in, and everyone still knows the risk. If you can't take 1 minute out of your day to hit "refresh" on a block-explorer and compare those numbers to your miners... then you should go mine litecoin or feathercoin... Oh wait, they have forks too... Forks that last weeks and months... Forks you avoid only because they don't have POS and the diffs are higher (thus collisions further apart), and new versions that force you to stop mining, download, install, restart... All the same things we have been saying all along. (Happens faster on fast-coins, and this is a fast-coin.)

If your issue is with an exchange... go to that exchanges forum, not the coins forum. That is like you going to the bank to complain about not getting your paycheck from your boss. You are in the wrong location for your resolution.

Your wallet doesn't have to be in sync to send or recieve, only to mine. (Or to send coins that were just recieved, which have not arrived into your wallet yet. Unless you send without using your wallet, then it doesn't matter. Your wallet is not proof of funds, the chain is. Your wallet is just the medium for mining, and to display your records of transactions, and make transactions.)

Ok, I am going back to helping those who are interested in "sticking it out", through this bump in the road. Instead of dealing with people who don't even mine it, and are obviously just trolling the forums. Your loss, not mine. The less you mine, the more I have for a reward.

I'll be happy to take any bottlecaps you feel that you no-longer need. Since you "don't drive this car", you might as well let someone who does drive it, take it for a spin around the block.

CAP: EsdKQdsvhcYBdK562mnr3ggoDD5ydJSjEn

Better yet... donate them to help some of those pools regain some losses, or the developers who are working on it. I donated, so I am sure you can too. (Provided you are sending coins that were earned on the correct chain.)
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: