Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Bminer: a fast Equihash/Ethash/Cuckaroo29z miner for AMD/NVIDIA GPUs 16.4.9  (Read 148383 times)
threeflappp

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

So I've been testing Bminer for a few days now and I am going back to DSTM's miner (zm).

First off, everyone else should be doing their own tests and make their own judgement. Take my results with a grain of salt. I started this test because I tried out no devfee option on this miner and saw pretty much no change whatsoever on the hash rate which was really strange.

Hardware: 5 x GTX 1070

Testing methodology: Start miner. Take note of Sol/s. Wait 24 hour. After the first 24 hour, take note of Debit AP. Wait another 24 hour, take note of Debit AP.

Note: Second Debit AP is what I used in this table to keep this short. Of course, testing for longer than this will give more accurate results but this is enough for me. DO YOUR OWN TEST.

MinerAverage SolsDev FeePayout Last 24HR
Bminer2510Yes0.12886265
Bminer2510No0.12936028
DSTM's (zm)2440Yes0.14198767

As I said before, there's no difference in hash rate whether you're running with dev fee or not. During these tests, I check whattomine everyday for their 24 hour estimated rewards; it was around 0.145. This is just an estimation but I think it's a good guideline of what you should be paid as it has been accurate for me for months and months.

I think the hash rate shown is padded and I will be going back to DSTM's in the mean time.

Can other people test no devfee option? Anyone else keeping track of their payouts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
letrevian

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

Any comments on Bminer contacting 104.31.68.221:443/104.31.69.221:443 regularly?

Quoting myself so perhaps this gets a response from the developer.
snovik

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:57:07 PM

So I've been testing Bminer for a few days now and I am going back to DSTM's miner (zm).

First off, everyone else should be doing their own tests and make their own judgement. Take my results with a grain of salt. I started this test because I tried out no devfee option on this miner and saw pretty much no change whatsoever on the hash rate which was really strange.

Testing methodology: Start miner. Take note of Sol/s. Wait 24 hour. After the first 24 hour, take note of Debit AP. Wait another 24 hour, take note of Debit AP.

Note: Second Debit AP is what I used in this table to keep this short. Of course, testing for longer than this will give more accurate results but this is enough for me. DO YOUR OWN TEST.

Bminer2510Yes0.12886265
Bminer2510No0.12936028

As I said before, there's no difference in hash rate whether you're running with dev fee or not. During these tests, I check whattomine everyday for their 24 hour estimated rewards; it was around 0.145. This is just an estimation but I think it's a good guideline of what you should be paid as it has been accurate for me for months and months.

I think the hash rate shown is padded and I will be going back to DSTM's in the mean time.

Can other people test no devfee option? Anyone else keeping track of their payouts?

this is ridiculous. what kind of scientific methodology is that? decide for whatever you want if you play with random results.

go back in the thread. I was running both miners for 4 or 5 days on the same rig with the same system config and 4 same cards for each miner. This means that I averaged out most of if not all randomness which is there to average out. And I got ca. 6-7% better results from the pool hash rate stats and not some random debit credit which also depends on a hell lot of factors beyond your control.

really, before you post any message like that think whether you compare apples to apples or it is google to apples and then stop complaining about what you see. because you just cannot compare the way you do
BBozard

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:25:27 PM

Works great thanks! I get 505-515 sols per card on my EVGA 1070 SC's. Settings are 85% power, +120 core, +700 memory.
threeflappp

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:39:07 PM

Bminer2510Yes0.12886265
Bminer2510No0.12936028

this is ridiculous. what kind of scientific methodology is that? decide for whatever you want if you play with random results.

go back in the thread. I was running both miners for 4 or 5 days on the same rig with the same system config and 4 same cards for each miner. This means that I averaged out most of if not all randomness which is there to average out. And I got ca. 6-7% better results from the pool hash rate stats and not some random debit credit which also depends on a hell lot of factors beyond your control.

really, before you post any message like that think whether you compare apples to apples or it is google to apples and then stop complaining about what you see. because you just cannot compare the way you do

First, I didn't say it was scientific at all wtf... I was lining out what I was doing, and I did say that people should do their own test and come to their own conclusion. If this miner is better for you then you use it. Same with EWBF vs DSTM miner. I even put in TWO places that people should do their own tests and to take my results with a grain of salt.

Second, I mine on suprnova so hash rate doesn't mean shit because suprnova doesn't display accurate hash rate. This is why I used payout because in the end all that matters is how much you get paid.

Third, how do you explain that no devfee and devfee have the exact same hash rate even though it clearly says in the documentation that no devfee will not be as optimized?

Lastly, I did look at your post and you did the exact same thing except for more days... you also used payout amount as the deciding factor lmao. I don't know what pool you used but suprnova has large total hash rate for the coin I'm mining which mean there is very little variance.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN.

People should do their own test and form their own conclusion. This is just mine.
tipztek

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:00:10 PM

Any comments on Bminer contacting 104.31.68.221:443/104.31.69.221:443 regularly?

Well, I'm not the dev but pretty sure I have your answer.

nslookup bminer.me
Name:   bminer.me
Address: 104.31.68.221
Address: 104.31.69.221

Also, my connection sucks so sometimes I get the following, purportedly because I lose connection to the internets all the time):
Checking updates
Failed to read from the network: Get https://api.bminer.me/v1/init/zec/520: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)
Checking updates

Navigating to that link gives us the following content:
stratum+ssl://t1YmvsEuSkADkoYBqtwRt3aJ31GvZzF45fL.w@zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633/
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

So I can only suspect it connects to that IP regularly to update the software and relay the connection string for the dev fee in case he wants to change it.

It could also be used for some nefarious purpose like transferring all your files and private keys to his server, who knows. That's the risk with closed source.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:29:56 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 12:24:42 AM by MagicSmoker

Bminer2510Yes0.12886265
Bminer2510No0.12936028

Actually, threeflappp's testing methodology looks fine to me. A 24 hour test is more than sufficient if the pool finds blocks every few minutes and this length of time also corresponds to whattomine's estimated payout based on the average difficulty over the past 24 hours. Running the test for more than 1 day makes it much more difficult to track the average difficulty unless you consistently record actual and estimated payout amounts every day at the same time.

One last point: your overly defensive tone while being a newbie sure seems strange... Usually new members on a forum are well-advised to do more reading and less attacking.

EDIT - I should add that there is a critical component to threeflappp's test: what whattomine predicted the earnings should be for each 24 hour period. Without this info the test is completely and totally useless.
snovik

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

Bminer2510Yes0.12886265
Bminer2510No0.12936028

First, I didn't say it was scientific at all wtf... I was lining out what I was doing, and I did say that people should do their own test and come to their own conclusion. If this miner is better for you then you use it. Same with EWBF vs DSTM miner. I even put in TWO places that people should do their own tests and to take my results with a grain of salt.

Second, I mine on suprnova so hash rate doesn't mean shit because suprnova doesn't display accurate hash rate. This is why I used payout because in the end all that matters is how much you get paid.

Third, how do you explain that no devfee and devfee have the exact same hash rate even though it clearly says in the documentation that no devfee will not be as optimized?

Lastly, I did look at your post and you did the exact same thing except for more days... you also used payout amount as the deciding factor lmao. I don't know what pool you used but suprnova has large total hash rate for the coin I'm mining which mean there is very little variance.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN.

People should do their own test and form their own conclusion. This is just mine.

good. but 1 thing. all tests running at different times are shit. difficulty changes and that is enough. but luck changes as well. whatever. all pointless. only same pool, same cards, same settings, same rig, same time frame, different miners.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:05:18 PM

good. but 1 thing. all tests running at different times are shit. difficulty changes and that is enough. but luck changes as well. whatever. all pointless. only same pool, same cards, same settings, same rig, same time frame, different miners.

It doesn't matter if the difficulty changes if you run the test for 24 hours and use the average difficulty from whattomine.com for the past 24 hours. Pool luck *can* affect earnings, but if the pool finds blocks every few minutes and the test is, once again, run for 24 hours then missing or gaining a block or two won't affect earnings by more than a few tenths of a percent. For example, if a block is found every 5 minutes on average that works out to 288 blocks per 24 hour period; gaining or losing 1 block would shift earnings by 1/288, or 0.35%.

resiva

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

This is definitly a SCAM MINER.

It overreports its hashrate, just take a look at the reports of experienced users.
Even worse realbminer or his buddies constantly spam this thread, this forum, reddit and so on with fake reports.
This was noticed on the official Zcash forum where realbminer got banned.
https://forum.z.cash/t/new-miner-bminer-a-fast-equihash-miner-for-cuda-gpus-5-1-0/26197?page=2

That's what the Zcash forum admin states.

Code:
Beware: OP has been Banned for creating multiple sock-puppet accounts to promote this miner.
I wouldn’t trust software from someone who uses deceptive techniques. Links have been removed from original post.
Sock puppet accounts are against the Code of Coduct: https://forum.z.cash/faq

Thread is closed.
cryptoyes

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:20:53 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 01:09:13 AM by cryptoyes

Bminer2510Yes0.12886265
Bminer2510No0.12936028

I'm not one to defend developers of mining software (they want to stay anonymous, they charge a shameless amount, etc), but hey, that's another discussion. However, the test you did is inaccurate at best, and I'll explain below.

In fact, there isn't a 100% accurate test. The only test that is 100% accurate is to give the exact same shares to mine twice in a row and measure the time it takes both times to submit the same number of results. You can really only do this either on a private blockchain or a testnet. Anything else means different test conditions for the two runs. But not everyone can/has the expertise do such a test.

The next best test is to run two identical rigs, at the same time, on the same pool, and see the average hashrate at the pool after 24h. There will still be differences even if you used the same miner on both rigs and started at the same time, because each rig will receive different shares to mine, each being different and taking different amounts of time to hash. 24h should give you a better idea though.

Another far simpler test is to simply run for 24h (the longer, the better!) and check whether the pool reports an average hashrate for the whole period equal to

Code:
(1 - n_rejected/n_total) * 0.98 * rate_reported_by_bminer
... where 2% is the devfee. Both Flypool and Nanopool show 24h averages.

What you did is flawed on multiple levels. You did two tests consecutively, and then also looked at the payout. The difficulty of the algo you mine will have changed in the meantime, making the 2nd run easier/harder to mine, but never the same. You also looked at payouts but never mention what currency, because if it is anything other than the coin you mine, and it looks like you are talking about BTC, then the market will also have fluctuated the price by the time of the 2nd run. Shortly put: don't trust what you just did ...

EDIT: In my personal case, the winner is clear: with many cards (e.g. 13 GPUs on a motherboard) both ewbf and dstm drop their hashrate within 30 seconds after they start by about 5%, which is a lot. This is apparently (I don't have the code to say for sure) because of a lot of interrupt requests hogging the CPU. bminer does not, but I haven't yet run the above test. I'm still curious about it and is on my todo list. Anyone?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:26:04 AM

What you did is flawed on multiple levels. You did two tests consecutively, and then also looked at the payout. The difficulty of the algo you mine will have changed in the meantime, making the 2nd run easier/harder to mine, but never the same. You also looked at payouts but never mention what currency, because if it is anything other than the coin you mine, and it looks like you are talking about BTC, then the market will also have fluctuated the price by the time of the 2nd run. Shortly put: don't trust what you just did ...

I just noticed that myself and added an edit to my previous post. Well, we all have our  Tongue moments.

realbminer (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 49

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:24:24 AM

It's for runtime and licensing information.

When Crypto-mining Made Fast. @realbminer on TWTR
realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:28:04 AM

It overreports its hashrate, just take a look at the reports of experienced users.
Even worse realbminer or his buddies constantly spam this thread, this forum, reddit and so on with fake reports.
https://forum.z.cash/t/new-miner-bminer-a-fast-equihash-miner-for-cuda-gpus-5-1-0/26197?page=2

Code:
Beware: OP has been Banned for creating multiple sock-puppet accounts to promote this miner.
I wouldn’t trust software from someone who uses deceptive techniques. Links have been removed from original post.

Thread is closed.

Nice try.

Bminer reports the hashrates of the GPUs which include the devfee portions as well.

There are many users that consistently report that the miner produces more hashrates for other miners.

You're welcome to give it a try yourself to see whether this is a scam or not.

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:37:48 AM

5.3.0 has released. Several issues have been addressed:

• Experimental support for EthOS / Ubuntu 14.04.
  • Support AMD K10 CPUs.
  • Automatically restart hanged network connections.
  • Improve compatibilities with mining rigs with more than 8 cards.

Happy mining!

cryptoyes

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:46:02 AM

It's for runtime and licensing information.

That's much too vague, unconvincing, and very suspicious!

Those look like https ports, so you're sending over encrypted information. I'm happy for you to send your devfee shares over an encrypted connection because I can verify that the IPs you submit to belong to a pool I trust, but in this case you are sending _OTHER_ information to an unknown IP.

You expect us to trust you that you are not sending over anything else.

I don't see the point for this. What runtime and licensing information? You are getting your huge 2% devfee as it is, why this stuff as well?

Will bminer refuse to start/work properly if I block those ports/IPs? If yes, that will be it for me. Much too shady, sorry.
resiva

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:55:50 AM

Code:

Thread is closed.

Nice try.

Bminer reports the hashrates of the GPUs which include the devfee portions as well.

There are many users that consistently report that the miner produces more hashrates for other miners.

You're welcome to give it a try yourself to see whether this is a scam or not.

I was considering it.
I definitely won't do it after googling for bminer.
jmorignot

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:07:34 AM

nslookup bminer.me

Also, my connection sucks so sometimes I get the following, purportedly because I lose connection to the internets all the time):
Checking updates
Failed to read from the network: Get https://api.bminer.me/v1/init/zec/520: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)
Checking updates

Fu6q54beR89jDc+oABmOgg==

So I can only suspect it connects to that IP regularly to update the software and relay the connection string for the dev fee in case he wants to change it.

It could also be used for some nefarious purpose like transferring all your files and private keys to his server, who knows. That's the risk with closed source.

If you check on nanopool the address it's sending the "2%" dev fee, it generates 144,594SOL/s!!!! If it was only 2%, it would mean 7,229,700 sols total...which is a LOT of people using bminer, looks very fishy.
It's about 1000$ per day of revenue, nice to be a developer Smiley

NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:10:05 AM

nslookup bminer.me

Checking updates
Checking updates

Fu6q54beR89jDc+oABmOgg==

If you check on nanopool the address it's sending the "2%" dev fee, it generates 144,594SOL/s!!!! If it was only 2%, it would mean 7,229,700 sols total...which is a LOT of people using bminer, looks very fishy.
It's about 1000$ per day of revenue, nice to be a developer Smiley

EWBF: https://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1fJuHWrfcWnYMYyP9VAF96vRnvND2NziMG

DSTM: https://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1NEpmfunewy9z5TogCvAhCuS3J8VWXoJNv

Claymore is making millions per month.
jmorignot

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:20:26 AM

Fair point...I should change of job Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: