Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:11:55 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 10:30:13 PM by Mabsark

I don't think I can do that every 20 minutes at all though and you have to be delusional to get that from anything I wrote.

Smiley
Here is a definition of this word delusional which you love to use - but don't understand:
'A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary'
lol

ANYway, we have more important things to discuss - like your 5.1%

Are you SERIOUS? My jaw hit the ground when you said you only made 5.1%!
Do you think that weeks worth of trolling in here and pumping on the LC thread was worth it for a measly 329shares? or 1 BTC.

You could have got out of your bedroom this week, and told your mom you were going to get a job at Mac D's and made that 1BTC plus change much easier than trolling on here.

I don't know Mabsark, it was just the way you described your flipping success that made me think you were.....bigtime:

Flipping between LC and ActM has been an insanely profitable strategy so far.
AND
I bought in between 0.004 and 0.0045 and sold between 0.006 and 0.0065.

There is 33% between your buy and sell prices on ACtM so how the heck did you only make 5%?! lol You must have timed your buy back into LC really really badly - or only flipped a handful of shares lol.

You know what Mabsark, I used to want to put you on ignore because you were annoying but, wow you are just a little boy playing trading in his bedroom for 100bucks a week (or every 2 months more like!) profit. You are a nobody! IGNORED.  Cheesy

Delusional and projecting. Were you also frothing at the mouth as you typed that? How long did that unique insult take to come up with? Unlike you Stuart, I'm not a child or a stuck up cunt and my mum is dead so I can't tell her anything. All that insult does is tell everyone that you are a child who hasn't yet learned how to think for yourself.

I gained 5.1% more LC shares at zero cost, how many more ActM shares did you gain at zero cost? Mock my measly 5.1% increase all you want, I'm very happy with it. Why did I only make 5%? Because I didn't sell all my LC shares.

Did you think investing bitcoins was the exclusive province of clueless idiots with a silver spoon wedged tightly up their arse? Does it surprise you to find poor people like me trading and making nice profits? Does that upset you?

Seriously man, you have to be incredibly delusional to think making 130 USD in 20 minutes is something to be mocked, especially when that 130 USD is set to become 400 USD in less than a week from now.

To summarise your post:

Hey, broke arse loser, I'm considerably richer than thou and therefore better than thou. Ner-ner-ner-ner-ner!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:18:34 PM

I sold Labcoin and bought ActM before the chart started to move.  I even posted a comment in this thread "why hasn't it popped more?" or something like that.

People who waited for the chart to show the big spike probably lost their money.   The phrase is "buy on the rumor, sell on the news".  But that also works if you buy on the news the second after it hits, then sell when everyone else has figured it out. It has nothing to do with the chart (other then knowing when it's too late), it's just about being quick off the blocks.

If I hadn't been looking at the thread, I would have missed it. So luck was certainly involved. I also didn't sell as much LC as I should have, I could have made a lot more, but I'm not complaining.

Yeah, we were lucky, what did I say you? Give it time  Wink

I was about to go to sleep, I'm so happy I refreshed the page and saw the news.

I almost forgot, thank you ffsixtynine

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:34:43 PM

Hey guys were not gonna be hashing until late November so your shares are basically worthless until then.
Selling now is a great idea

Manipulation much?

There are still some Klondikes awaiting non-cancelled Avalon chips AFAIK... Wonder if Avalon will do anything compensatory (well, delivering would be a good start!).
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 10:49:06 PM

I think I just out trolled the biggest troll, that was actually pretty easy.

Oh btw right now bitfunder estimates all of my shares on various securities are worth:

Total Estimated Value*:   ฿1,056.22686951

Think again!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:56:11 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 04:41:54 AM by thefunkybits

Hey guys were not gonna be hashing until late November so your shares are basically worthless until then.
Selling now is a great idea

Manipulation much?

There are still some Klondikes awaiting non-cancelled Avalon chips AFAIK... Wonder if Avalon will do anything compensatory (well, delivering would be a good start!).

Pure manipulation attempt on my part
Klondikes will be something to look forward to, definitely forgot about those...
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:32:41 AM

I have just noticed that VMC doesnt accept bitcoin for purchases...hopefully this changes in the future?
Considering we're a BTC company this is alot of potential demand that cant be satisfied
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 05:00:47 AM

So, let's explain how an FPGA works, first.

You have logic gates, (which compute logical functions like 'and' 'or' etc) Those logic gates can be connected to other gates by using transistors to switch on and off wires connecting them.  Those configuration transistors take up a ton of space on the die.

an eASIC 'nextreme' ASIC works like an FPGA, except they get rid of those transistors that do the linking and replace them wires that directly connect the logic units.  That saves a ton of space because you need far fewer transistors to do the same thing and it's easier to design because you just take a working FPGA and 'convert' it fairly cheaply.

Now, a full custom ASIC is designed by creating images of layers.  You start with the silicon layers with N and P doped silicon which form transistors. You literally have a vector graphics file (called a usually a GDSII file) that indicates where you want N-type silicon and where you want P-type silicon.

then, on top of that you have multiple images for multiple layers of metal and glass (silicon dioxide) The metal conducts electricity, and the glass is an insulator.  These layers form wires that connect the transistors together. If you go full custom you can do things like create transistors of different shapes and sizes that can carry different currents and operate have different switching characteristics. This gives you the highest performance possible.

Standard cell is similar to full custom, but you're using libraries of 'images' to create your circuit, rather then creating the images 'pixel by pixel' (They're actually vector files, but whatever).  So you'll have a library for an adder, or an XOR gate, shiftier, and so on - the components you need to do SHA-256  (all you need is XOR, shift, rotate and 32-bit addition).  Full custom might give you slightly better performance because you can do more 'analog' optimizations.

The biggest difference between 'nextreme' style and standardcell/custom ASICs are the fact that you can have more 'fan-in'.  So you can do things like AND(a b c d e f g)   Where as with only two inputs per gate you'd need to do multiple nested gates in order to compare all of those variables.  I'm not sure what the max fan-in is on nextreme chips (I'm sure it's under NDA), but there are some places where having larger fan in would help, like using more lanes in your ripple carry adders.

Many thanks! That's a pretty vivid explanation. Smiley

The press release was spread by www.businesswire.com:

https://www.google.com/search?q=VMC+Uses+eASIC

And boardmembers:

I think there is a typo either in the press release or on the VMC website. 24.756 TH/s != 24.576 TH/s.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:13:34 AM

I have bought active miner on btc-tc, (could be the worse decision of my life)

But I notice a lot of people are using bitfunder.

Can you transfer shares between the two?

What one has the most action?
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:39:39 AM

I have bought active miner on btc-tc, (could be the worse decision of my life)

But I notice a lot of people are using bitfunder.

Can you transfer shares between the two?

What one has the most action?
BTC-TC seems to get the larger up and down swings.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 05:55:31 AM

Seems like both ActM and Labcoin are going down at this point, and ASICminer is completely tanking, down 25% from from the end of september 4th on BTCT, which is kind of crazy.

I wonder if people are just getting scared by potential increases in difficulty.  I've heard AM is planning on deploying 1PH in the next couple months, but while that's still speculative there's not too much reason to doubt FC, IMO.

At this point, I actually think both ActM and Labcoin are way undervalued.

If we could get an expected hashrate for ActM in november/december it would be helpful for pricing ActM, IMO.

VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:38:31 AM

Seems like both ActM and Labcoin are going down at this point, and ASICminer is completely tanking, down 25% from from the end of september 4th on BTCT, which is kind of crazy.

I wonder if people are just getting scared by potential increases in difficulty.  I've heard AM is planning on deploying 1PH in the next couple months, but while that's still speculative there's not too much reason to doubt FC, IMO.

At this point, I actually think both ActM and Labcoin are way undervalued.

If we could get an expected hashrate for ActM in november/december it would be helpful for pricing ActM, IMO.

The expected hashrate for ActM at the end of 2015 was around 1PH - but this is only around 50,000 overclocked Fast-Hash chips. That estimate was also based on the companies financials at the time. Those financials have changed significantly, as has the available scope and marketplace dynamics. Arguably the Avalon Chip refunds could double this estimate in a shorter time frame, but only time will tell on this.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:01:19 AM

Absolutely blows my mind, how after months of of trying to achieve THE deal, still, there is no engagement from Ken or the board. Why are you guys not championing this?

Is it going to be the case, the next time Ken is going to engage with the people who gave him alot of funds, is when Ken wants/needs alot more funds? Hows that going to go down, do you think?

Baffling  Huh
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:20:34 AM

Absolutely blows my mind, how after months of of trying to achieve THE deal, still, there is no engagement from Ken or the board. Why are you guys not championing this?

Is it going to be the case, the next time Ken is going to engage with the people who gave him alot of funds, is when Ken wants/needs alot more funds? Hows that going to go down, do you think?

Baffling  Huh

Thats one way to look at it, the other way is

a) he's too busy making you money to blow hot air up you
b) he's still locked into an NDA

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:23:11 AM

ActiveMining is currently hashing at 17.2KH/s per share - current dividends present a 25% annual ROI at current difficulty. 10,000 chips at 16gh/s each increases that to 6.4MH/s per share.

With a doubling of network hash rate every month, and with just a measly 10,000 chips mid-november, ActiveMining dividends will provide 2200% annual ROI at current prices. It's more likely 25,000+ chips will hash for the company in 2013, plus mining hardware sales.

This is why ActiveMining is a good long term purchase in my opinion.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:25:02 AM

Baffling  Huh

Erm, hello? I'm here you know. And guess how his PR got pushed out? And we're usually on IRC as this forum is a terrible place for discussion due to all the fudsters. And you can actually call ken any time. And we're sorting out a PR news post at the mo to follow the news everyone was waiting for. And much as ken's pr skills are way lacking, he has a lot to do at the mo and sitting on the forum isn't what he should be doing.

But yeah, apart from that...
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:26:21 AM

Baffling  Huh

This is a tricky one.

I too am wondering the same thing.  I think it through and conclude;

I need to trust that the important work IS being done.  A PR release and active advertising is just around the corner.  The existence of an internet forum makes my expectation for a constant flow of official information unreasonable.  I am insecure about my investment and I need reassurance that I've made the right desicion.

All that said, there is something to be said in maintaining the momentum following the VERY recent eASIC press release.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:48:00 AM

Baffling  Huh

This is a tricky one.

I too am wondering the same thing.  I think it through and conclude;

I need to trust that the important work IS being done.  A PR release and active advertising is just around the corner.  The existence of an internet forum makes my expectation for a constant flow of official information unreasonable.  I am insecure about my investment and I need reassurance that I've made the right desicion.

All that said, there is something to be said in maintaining the momentum following the VERY recent eASIC press release.

A fair and reasonable thought pattern, less the unreasonable expectation for constant news flow, as for some of the silent majority, its the journey, and for them, they have no possible sense of any hurdles, achievements, and challenges Ken/ActM face/are facing, cos no one is communicating it.

Just trying to work out, how 3 months ago i held +10X what i do today, and how is it correct, that i got filled @ 0.0028 (BF) last night? Just seems so far removed from a company who has just sealed an important deal.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:52:24 AM

The expected hashrate for ActM at the end of 2015 was around 1PH - but this is only around 50,000 overclocked Fast-Hash chips. That estimate was also based on the companies financials at the time. Those financials have changed significantly, as has the available scope and marketplace dynamics. Arguably the Avalon Chip refunds could double this estimate in a shorter time frame, but only time will tell on this.

2015? Is that a typo?

ActiveMining is currently hashing at 17.2KH/s per share - current dividends present a 25% annual ROI at current difficulty. 10,000 chips at 16gh/s each increases that to 6.4MH/s per share.

With a doubling of network hash rate every month, and with just a measly 10,000 chips mid-november, ActiveMining dividends will provide 2200% annual ROI at current prices. It's more likely 25,000+ chips will hash for the company in 2013, plus mining hardware sales.

Well, we need an actual number of chips and a timeframe for getting them online in order to even start trying to estimate what the current price should be.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:54:37 AM

Well, we need an actual number of chips and a timeframe for getting them online in order to estimate the price.

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:58:43 AM

Well, we need an actual number of chips and a timeframe for getting them online in order to estimate the price.

Sure, but we can guess based on numbers that have ben provided, like the 9xxTH by 2015 (not a typo) - but remember that number was quoted when the difficulty was around 10mil. I'm pretty certain Ken can pump that hash rate out far sooner, and there is extra cash to play with now too.

Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: