Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:31:27 PM

Why do you guys insist on spamming our thread when you get a bump in share value? Good on you! Glad to see your investment is working out. Could you not spam pictures of the titanic in this thread though?

Crumbs is a 'general' troll, he trolls in every single thread.  Just put him on ignore like everyone else does. He never says anything worthwhile.

Would you say the same about pankkake, drawingthesun, damiano, and mabsark? They all took the short-lived spike in share price to come here and spam our thread. I know they may be frustrated with trolling done by StuartUK but most of us don't participate or condone that. I'd like to see more discussion, much like Vbs and yourself have had in the past, on our thread and yours. I'll be honest, your recent post from the eASIC website is borderline trollfodder, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you seem to be pretty legitimate in your inquiries lately.

I find it interesting that ActM has benefited more from the Labcoin "update" than Labcoin as, at least in the short-term.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 04:41:51 PM

Why do you guys insist on spamming our thread when you get a bump in share value? Good on you! Glad to see your investment is working out. Could you not spam pictures of the titanic in this thread though?

Crumbs is a 'general' troll, he trolls in every single thread.  Just put him on ignore like everyone else does. He never says anything worthwhile.

Would you say the same about pankkake, drawingthesun, damiano, and mabsark? They all took the short-lived spike in share price to come here and spam our thread. I know they may be frustrated with trolling done by StuartUK but most of us don't participate or condone that. I'd like to see more discussion, much like Vbs and yourself have had in the past, on our thread and yours. I'll be honest, your recent post from the eASIC website is borderline trollfodder, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you seem to be pretty legitimate in your inquiries lately.

I find it interesting that ActM has benefited more from the Labcoin "update" than Labcoin as, at least in the short-term.

No, my calling crumbs a troll has nothing to do with Labcoin/ActM.  I've had him on ignore since before the Labcoin IPO. All he does is post nonsense, in an attempt to start arguments with people.  He's a "classical" troll.

People have started calling everyone they disagree with "trolls".  But crumbs is actually trolling.  He's not trying to do anything other then start arguments for his own amusement.

Whereas you're just a troll on BTC-Growth who got repeatedly slayed by Dr. G. You're a strange character, Ytterbium.

I wasn't trolling, I was giving my opinion. The "BTC Growth" fund is essentially some guy claiming to be some PhD with a ton of experience, yet he has no legitimate record of published papers in peer reviewed journals.  The two he did publish in obscure journals are full of nonsense. His plan is to take money and not tell anyone what he's invested in.

People need to ask legitimate questions of all stocks and instruments, including Labcoin. There's nothing wrong with that.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:47:43 PM

Ytterbium, one of the other stocks I follow is getting 'the treatment' from you as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266828.msg3078780#msg3078780
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

Ytterbium, one of the other stocks I follow is getting 'the treatment' from you as well.

I don't think it's "trolling" to ask legitimate questions about a stock, or pointing out problems you see with it. Feel free to put me on ignore if it bothers you. Crumbs isn't doing that - he's just wasting everyone's time by posting total nonsense.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:56:27 PM

The reason i post is simple.  The bitcoin community is in the midst of ASICmania -- a filthy affliction driven by unmitigated greed and unapologetic stupidity (and possibly lack of personal hygiene and promiscuity, but this is debatable).  It's gotten so bad that people trying to save you -- the very voices of reason -- are vilified and condemned as trolls.

I have to admit that my motives are selfish at least in part:  I use bitcoin, i don't want to be embarrassed by it.
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:59:38 PM

The reason i post is simple.  The bitcoin community is in the midst of ASICmania -- a filthy affliction driven by unmitigated greed and unapologetic stupidity (and possibly lack of personal hygiene and promiscuity, but this is debatable).  It's gotten so bad that people trying to save you -- the very voices of reason -- are vilified and condemned as trolls.

I have to admit that my motives are selfish at least in part:  I use bitcoin, i don't want to be embarrassed by it.

So brave. So noble.
crumbs

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:00:11 PM

His plan is to take money and not tell anyone what he's invested in.

People need to ask legitimate questions of all stocks and instruments, including Labcoin. There's nothing wrong with that.

Lolz, what did Ken do differently, other than say "I can't tell you 'coz: NDA!"
Be consistent plox.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 05:21:51 PM

i'm all out GG ActM

You could have and should have sold your 180,000 shares for 0.0045 weeks ago, when I went all out.   Cool

180k * 0.003 = 540 BTC
180k * 0.0045 = 810 BTC

Your stubbornness only cost you 170 BTC ($24,000).  Good job, you're a real Pro at Bitcoin investing (NOT!)

You listen to iCEBREAKER, or you make a fool or yourself and lose a lot of money.  That's the law, no exceptions.   Tongue

I'm willing to takeover whatever is left in your failed heap of securities for only $10k + 20% of our profits.

Sorry, I would have offered sooner but mistakenly thought you knew what you were doing.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:56:56 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 06:32:06 PM by ffssixtynine

I don't think it's "trolling" to ask legitimate questions about a stock, or pointing out problems you see with it. Feel free to put me on ignore if it bothers you. Crumbs isn't doing that - he's just wasting everyone's time by posting total nonsense.

Crumbs long since made the ignore list!

Nothing wrong with good questions as long as you listen to good answers. I've questioned a lot about this stock myself.

However, there's asking questions and then there is borderline trolling. On the Growth stock you come across as trouble making to be honest, quite personal about it, and not very pleasant either. Maybe you genuinely don't realise this. Besides, if you don't like the look of a stock, don't deal in it.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:41:39 PM

Boys....Children.....THIS is the Official Active Mining Discussion Thread.
Much of your silliness belongs here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.0
ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread

That is where I have posted about my observations regarding the recent terrible, horrible, unforgiveable, unrecoverable price drop of ActM.......

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
deizel

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:47:19 PM

They don't even advertise 28nm nextreme asics.
Are you sure?

Well, it's "coming soon"... ooops

Right, they don't advertise it as being available now.  So if the hype is true, Ken will be one of their first customers.  Either a beta tester or one of the first to actually use their process once it's open to the public. Of course, all the details and timelines are under NDA.

But why is it you guys think that they don't advertise 28nm as being available to the general public at this point in time?

Picture is of Violin Memory announcing their use of eASIC Nextreme-2T (45nm) back in February.

The fact that they hint at future 28nm (eASIC Nextreme-3) before Seagate confirmed in August suggests Ken was not their first customer.
crumbs

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:09:15 PM

Boys....Children.....THIS is the Official Active Mining Discussion Thread.
Much of your silliness belongs here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.0
ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread

That is where I have posted about my observations regarding the recent terrible, horrible, unforgiveable, unrecoverable price drop of ActM.......

That thread is pretty embarrassing -- a bunch of snarky *consecutive* posts by you.  
Protip:  If no one replies to your post, it's because no one cares -- don't post again.  And don't go around trolling other threads for fresh users to troll.
deizel

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:28:59 PM

And don't go around trolling other threads for fresh users to troll.

For the record, according to LorenzoMoney's post history, he hasn't posted on any other security-related threads in the last 4 weeks. I don't know what you are trying to say, but clearly he doesn't need your sage advice. Also, look up the definition of consecutive.
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:32:32 PM

For the record, according to LorenzoMoney's post history, he hasn't posted on any other security-related threads in the last 4 weeks. I don't know what you are trying to say, but clearly he doesn't need your sage advice. Also, look up the definition of consecutive.

I ignore the clown and then you quote him... If you see his "ignore" button golden yellow that's a hint that we don't want to see his posts OR him quoted. Cheesy

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
deizel

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:41:15 PM

I ignore the clown and then you quote him...

Yup, I've failed. Bye crumbs. /ignore
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 07:44:42 PM

They don't even advertise 28nm nextreme asics.
Are you sure?

Well, it's "coming soon"... ooops

Right, they don't advertise it as being available now.  So if the hype is true, Ken will be one of their first customers.  Either a beta tester or one of the first to actually use their process once it's open to the public. Of course, all the details and timelines are under NDA.

But why is it you guys think that they don't advertise 28nm as being available to the general public at this point in time?

Picture is of Violin Memory announcing their use of eASIC Nextreme-2T (45nm) back in February.

The fact that they hint at future 28nm (eASIC Nextreme-3) before Seagate confirmed in August suggests Ken was not their first customer.

I said one of their first customers, probably not their very first of all time. But they would need to get "early access", which would mean even tighter NDA's then usual, I would assume.

4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:54:48 PM

Guys, what's the deal with this??

Office Address:

Active Mining Corporation (Belize)
95 Wilton Road
Suite 3
London
SW1V 1BZ
United Kingdom
Fax: +44 (0)20 3004 1756

Lol, but seriously, Enough of this bull crap. There's risk to all these stocks. No doubt about it.

I've been accumulating a good number of shares from these prices. I hope it continues to go down, it's turning into a better opportunity every day. One thing to remember is that there's still ~.0025 that will be paid to the first 10,000,000 shares before ACTM sees any of it. The way I look at it -- ACTM will have access to their chips at about the price it takes to make them. This will give them an advantage over most other mining companies. Maybe we won't have the best/cheapest/most efficient chip? Who knows... but we've already paid for the expensive part, the research and development. We know that eAsic is a successful company from their 900% growth rate last year.

I'm sure that labcoin will also go up. It definitely has more upward potential than ACTM due to having 2/5's of the shares. That's great! Good investment, now go make a make a thread comparing various investments. I've done well from both, but I believe Actm will see higher prices in the future. If you disagree, sell me your shares and leave this thread. Stop the childlike banter.

If you care about the ACTM investors, and you want to warn them of the 'impending doom', maybe the best thing for them is to learn the hard way. It's not your job to protect other people (unless you want to get more shares yourself). And honestly, while I haven't been contributing to the nonsense, I've been enjoying the low prices.

This thread looks a lot cleaner after ignoring pankkake, icebreaker, and pheaonix.

edit:added crumbs, bargraphics, and mabsark to ignore list.

Hi.
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:01:27 PM

AM is deploying their next gen in September/October, took my losses from ActM and slapped them into AM.

we understood it, you can stop to keep repeating it, this is the third time
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:07:46 PM

AM is deploying their next gen in September/October, took my losses from ActM and slapped them into AM.

You are doing it backwards

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:20:28 PM

Did I mention I left ActM to go to AM?

Your right, I should have left this long ago. Good think I'm completely out now and put everything I made back into ASICMiner.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: