Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:57:56 PM

I hope that this doesn't get buried. Hopefully a board member will catch this and bring this up to the mothership.

I would like to see some VMC employees going to various bitcoin conferences for marketing/networking. That's what all the other big mining guys do. I've heard conference interviews on the awesome podcast 'Let's talk bitcoin' from BFL and a few others. Additionally, conference or not, it would be fantastic if we could get an interview with 'Let's talk bitcoin' or 'coinsider this'.

Here's upcoming events, maybe we can at least stick to the US ones.

http://bitcoin.org/en/events

2013-09-27 - The European Bitcoin convention - Amsterdam, Netherlands
2013-10-05 - Crypto-currency conference - Atlanta, United States
2013-10-22 - Bitcoin Konferenz 2013 - Cologne, Germany
2013-11-01 - Bitcoin 2013: unSYSTEM - Vienna, Austria
2013-11-30 - BitcoinExpo 2013 - London, United Kingdom
2013-12-10 - Inside Bitcoins - Las Vegas, United States

Keep it fresh. The holders will see some good days in the coming months. Something that I thought looked good, compared to the rest of the US, Missouri has relatively competitive electricity rates. http://www.marketplace.org/topics/sustainability/maps-electricity Maybe we could get a few wind turbines or solar panels? haha

Anybody here booked for the Amsterdam Convention?
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:00:36 PM

You see that reluctant little tail over the past 8-9hrs on the ACtM chart on Coinflow?

http://www.coinflow.co/chart/ACTIVEMINING

That's all the flippers slowly selling for a loss. Most of them got in just below 0.006.

It takes the pros 6years to learn how to day trade.

funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:12:26 PM

If not already in progress, can I please suggest that a full ActiveMining / VMC PR Piece be done and released to the various online Bitcoin news sites.

Personally I have had enough of reading about other companies announcing lesser machines and hardware technologies on these sites, this would bring in a lot of new business and pre-orders for VMC.

I have used the below user to formulate a PR and Marketing release for my IRL Business, and it has already done wonders for us:
Psybits - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=75383

I don't like to voice negative points on this thread, however I will be sincerely disappointed if this momentum isn't maintained with a simple task such as this. Not for the share prices which are a by product but for what we are trying to build with ActiveMining.
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:32:56 PM

If not already in progress, can I please suggest that a full ActiveMining / VMC PR Piece be done and released to the various online Bitcoin news sites.

Personally I have had enough of reading about other companies announcing lesser machines and hardware technologies on these sites, this would bring in a lot of new business and pre-orders for VMC.

I have used the below user to formulate a PR and Marketing release for my IRL Business, and it has already done wonders for us:

I don't like to voice negative points on this thread, however I will be sincerely disappointed if this momentum isn't maintained with a simple task such as this. Not for the share prices which are a by product but for what we are trying to build with ActiveMining.

Although I'm sure they are most likely preparing an article as we speak, if thegenesisblock doesn't come out with something about this announcement, I would very much question their motives. It is pretty big news in the mining/security world and they should be reporting on it.
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:46:33 PM

Although I'm sure they are most likely preparing an article as we speak, if thegenesisblock doesn't come out with something about this announcement, I would very much question their motives. It is pretty big news in the mining/security world and they should be reporting on it.

I am NOT for conspiracy theories, but Genisis block has written about 28nm competitors multiple times in the past and left out ACTM. Someone should try to dig into the guy (Archer?) to see if hes just dumb or has incentive.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:30:32 PM

I hope that this doesn't get buried. Hopefully a board member will catch this and bring this up to the mothership.

I would like to see some VMC employees going to various bitcoin conferences for marketing/networking. That's what all the other big mining guys do. I've heard conference interviews on the awesome podcast 'Let's talk bitcoin' www.letstalkbitcoin.com from BFL and a few others. Additionally, conference or not, it would be fantastic if we could get an interview with 'Let's talk bitcoin' or 'coinsider this'.

Here's upcoming events, maybe we can at least stick to the US ones.

http://bitcoin.org/en/events

2013-09-27 - The European Bitcoin convention - Amsterdam, Netherlands
2013-10-05 - Crypto-currency conference - Atlanta, United States
2013-10-22 - Bitcoin Konferenz 2013 - Cologne, Germany
2013-11-01 - Bitcoin 2013: unSYSTEM - Vienna, Austria
2013-11-30 - BitcoinExpo 2013 - London, United Kingdom
2013-12-10 - Inside Bitcoins - Las Vegas, United States

Excellent suggestions. Getting on "Let's talk bitcoin" should be relatively easy. Full on press outreach should commence immediately to drum up wholesale / retail interest.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:51:57 PM

FLIPPING

Reading these amazing flipping stories from LC>ACtM>LC is funny.

If you look at the history on btc-tc and the charts on coinflow the reality is a bit different.

-There were only 30k total LC shares sold around the ACtM rally, and a third of those was during the tail end of the ACtM move from .006 to .0066. These people would have made nothing at best because once you take into account the spreads between buying and selling on 4 different occasions (3%x4=12% now but it would have been more at the time) you have lost 15%+  and the max theoretical gain was only 10%.

-The third of shares in LC that were sold roughly halfway through the ACtM rally (you can see around 10k shares are sold in 5 lots around 22:50 in history on btc-tc) well most of them were sold a few minutes before ACtM hit .006 so they would have made a max 15-20%.  But again if you take away the approx 15% over 4 transaction spreads you have a max theoretical 5% gain.

-Now to the last third of LC shares sold. This 10k was sold over 40-50 small batches, so it's lots of small sellers approximately 200 shares each. These sellers could have made 50% but the biggest single seller is only 1k (over two lots) so they made max 2btc.

Another really interesting point is that the BIG sellers in LC last night didn't get back into LC until many hours after the start of the ACtM rally (they were expecting it to continue). You can see in the history log that the 10k (5lot) seller did not come back until around 08:30 today.  Infact ONLY 5k of LC had been bought back (over many small lots) by around 2am. By that time ACtM sellers would have been getting around .0050 which is below break even for most rally buyers. If the big sellers that got back into LC today sold their ACtM just before buying back their LC they would have lost 10-15% on selling ACtM and a few % on the buyback of LC.

So a quick summary would be:

a third of the flippers (around 30-40 people) made 2btc each max.
a third of the flippers (around 10 people)  broke even or lost 10% after spread fees.
a third of the flippers (2 or 3 big sellers) are just getting back in today and have lost 10-20% perhaps more.

If any one says any different ask them to show their trades on the history log.

Day trading is easy in hindsight, for all these flipper heros. lol  Cool

I consider making 2 BTC in 20 minutes to be bloody amazing. That's equivalent to 750 USD/hour - for clicking a mouse a couple of times and pressing a few keys. I don't know a single person who makes that much in a week.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:59:09 PM

Hey guys were not gonna be hashing until late November so your shares are basically worthless until then.

Selling now is a great idea
cw92

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:00:01 PM

FLIPPING

If you look at the history on btc-tc and the charts on coinflow the reality is a bit different.

-There were only 30k total LC shares sold around the ACtM rally, and a third of those was during the tail end of the ACtM move from .006 to .0066. These people would have made nothing at best because once you take into account the spreads between buying and selling on 4 different occasions (3%x4=12% now but it would have been more at the time) you have lost 15%+  and the max theoretical gain was only 10%.

-The third of shares in LC that were sold roughly halfway through the ACtM rally (you can see around 10k shares are sold in 5 lots around 22:50 in history on btc-tc) well most of them were sold a few minutes before ACtM hit .006 so they would have made a max 15-20%.  But again if you take away the approx 15% over 4 transaction spreads you have a max theoretical 5% gain.

-Now to the last third of LC shares sold. This 10k was sold over 40-50 small batches, so it's lots of small sellers approximately 200 shares each. These sellers could have made 50% but the biggest single seller is only 1k (over two lots) so they made max 2btc.

Another really interesting point is that the BIG sellers in LC last night didn't get back into LC until many hours after the start of the ACtM rally (they were expecting it to continue). You can see in the history log that the 10k (5lot) seller did not come back until around 08:30 today.  Infact ONLY 5k of LC had been bought back (over many small lots) by around 2am. By that time ACtM sellers would have been getting around .0050 which is below break even for most rally buyers. If the big sellers that got back into LC today sold their ACtM just before buying back their LC they would have lost 10-15% on selling ACtM and a few % on the buyback of LC.

a third of the flippers (around 10 people)  broke even or lost 10% after spread fees.
a third of the flippers (2 or 3 big sellers) are just getting back in today and have lost 10-20% perhaps more.

I consider making 2 BTC in 20 minutes to be bloody amazing. That's equivalent to 750 USD/hour - for clicking a mouse a couple of times and pressing a few keys. I don't know a single person who makes that much in a week.

No, it's the equivalent to making 2 btc in 12 hours of trolling these forums and refreshing BTCT. 
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:18:07 PM

FLIPPING

No, it's the equivalent to making 2 btc in 12 hours of trolling these forums and refreshing BTCT. 

Please move this lovely talk to the speculation thread.

Hi.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:48:12 PM

FLIPPING

Please move this lovely talk to the speculation thread.

This is the speculation thread as evidenced by the roughly 280 pages of speculation. There's simply no need for 2 speculation threads.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:07:53 PM

Hey guys were not gonna be hashing until late November so your shares are basically worthless until then.

Selling now is a great idea

So you sold at .003 and want back in now?

lol you sucker.
Stuartuk

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:19:03 PM

No, it's the equivalent of making 2btc in 2 months.

That news was a long time in the coming. If mabsark thinks he can make that every 20 mins lol or even every week he is fooling himself. And if he was the 10k buying back in this morning as mentioned in the above post then he's 20% or more down. Ouch!

That's about 10btc down! Another major news release and he might loose a bit more! lolz
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:44:46 PM

No, it's the equivalent of making 2btc in 2 months.

That news was a long time in the coming. If mabsark thinks he can make that every 20 mins lol or even every week he is fooling himself. And if he was the 10k buying back in this morning as mentioned in the above post then he's 20% or more down. Ouch!

That's about 10btc down! Another major news release and he might loose a bit more! lolz

I don't think I can do that every 20 minutes at all though and you have to be delusional to get that from anything I wrote. It was sort of a one off situation and I took advantage of it.

Also, I don't have 10K and I sold the last of my ActM shares for 0.0065 BTC 40 minutes after the announcement. I didn't lose anything you lunatic. I had 6460 LC shares before the announcement. I now have 6789 LC shares. That's an increase of 5.1% and I'm very happy with that.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 09:04:43 PM

This is brilliant Mab!  Many thanks for sharing.  Have you got anthing else on this subject as I do love to hear your first hand accounts of your trading successes.  Cheesy

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

This is brilliant Mab!  Many thanks for sharing.  Have you got anthing else on this subject as I do love to hear your first hand accounts of your trading successes.  Cheesy

In that case, I'll be sure to post more often and in more detail then.  Cheesy
mrtchipr

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:18:47 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but when exactly is the expected delivery date?
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:22:02 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but when exactly is the expected delivery date?
Mid November.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Stuartuk

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:22:51 PM

I don't think I can do that every 20 minutes at all though and you have to be delusional to get that from anything I wrote.

Smiley
Here is a definition of this word delusional which you love to use - but don't understand:
'A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary'
lol

ANYway, we have more important things to discuss - like your 5.1%

Are you SERIOUS? My jaw hit the ground when you said you only made 5.1%!
Do you think that weeks worth of trolling in here and pumping on the LC thread was worth it for a measly 329shares? or 1 BTC.

You could have got out of your bedroom this week, and told your mom you were going to get a job at Mac D's and made that 1BTC plus change much easier than trolling on here.

I don't know Mabsark, it was just the way you described your flipping success that made me think you were.....bigtime:

Flipping between LC and ActM has been an insanely profitable strategy so far.
AND
I bought in between 0.004 and 0.0045 and sold between 0.006 and 0.0065.

There is 33% between your buy and sell prices on ACtM so how the heck did you only make 5%?! lol You must have timed your buy back into LC really really badly - or only flipped a handful of shares lol.

You know what Mabsark, I used to want to put you on ignore because you were annoying but, wow you are just a little boy playing trading in his bedroom for 100bucks a week (or every 2 months more like!) profit. You are a nobody! IGNORED.  Cheesy

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

ELI5 please, if anyone can.. Smiley

What's the difference between an full custom ASIC, standard cell ASIC and eASIC?

So, let's explain how an FPGA works, first.

You have logic gates, (which compute logical functions like 'and' 'or' etc) Those logic gates can be connected to other gates by using transistors to switch on and off wires connecting them.  Those configuration transistors take up a ton of space on the die.

an eASIC 'nextreme' ASIC works like an FPGA, except they get rid of those transistors that do the linking and replace them wires that directly connect the logic units.  That saves a ton of space because you need far fewer transistors to do the same thing and it's easier to design because you just take a working FPGA and 'convert' it fairly cheaply.

Now, a full custom ASIC is designed by creating images of layers.  You start with the silicon layers with N and P doped silicon which form transistors. You literally have a vector graphics file (called a usually a GDSII file) that indicates where you want N-type silicon and where you want P-type silicon.

then, on top of that you have multiple images for multiple layers of metal and glass (silicon dioxide) The metal conducts electricity, and the glass is an insulator.  These layers form wires that connect the transistors together. If you go full custom you can do things like create transistors of different shapes and sizes that can carry different currents and operate have different switching characteristics. This gives you the highest performance possible.

Standard cell is similar to full custom, but you're using libraries of 'images' to create your circuit, rather then creating the images 'pixel by pixel' (They're actually vector files, but whatever).  So you'll have a library for an adder, or an XOR gate, shiftier, and so on - the components you need to do SHA-256  (all you need is XOR, shift, rotate and 32-bit addition).  Full custom might give you slightly better performance because you can do more 'analog' optimizations.

The biggest difference between 'nextreme' style and standardcell/custom ASICs are the fact that you can have more 'fan-in'.  So you can do things like AND(a b c d e f g)   Where as with only two inputs per gate you'd need to do multiple nested gates in order to compare all of those variables.  I'm not sure what the max fan-in is on nextreme chips (I'm sure it's under NDA), but there are some places where having larger fan in would help, like using more lanes in your ripple carry adders.

You see that reluctant little tail over the past 8-9hrs on the ACtM chart on Coinflow?

http://www.coinflow.co/chart/ACTIVEMINING

That's all the flippers slowly selling for a loss. Most of them got in just below 0.006.

It takes the pros 6years to learn how to day trade.

I sold Labcoin and bought ActM before the chart started to move.  I even posted a comment in this thread "why hasn't it popped more?" or something like that.

People who waited for the chart to show the big spike probably lost their money.   The phrase is "buy on the rumor, sell on the news".  But that also works if you buy on the news the second after it hits, then sell when everyone else has figured it out. It has nothing to do with the chart (other then knowing when it's too late), it's just about being quick off the blocks.

If I hadn't been looking at the thread, I would have missed it. So luck was certainly involved. I also didn't sell as much LC as I should have, I could have made a lot more, but I'm not complaining.

Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: