Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:57:13 PM

It seem like ActiveMining now is a part of BTCINVEST fund.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135157.msg2985377#msg2985377

TradeFortress (who runs the fund) used to be very sceptical to the orignal AMC setup, I guess he is more pleased with ActiveMining shares Smiley

I saw that earlier, and actually laughed out loud.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:41:59 PM

I have got to tell you, I have always admired and trusted TradeFortress. He runs a peer to peer bitcoin lending site which pays out great percentages. And, he seems like one of those guys whom you can trust just based on his word.

He always was critical of AMC, but, I have to respect a fellow who after gathering new data is willing to change his opinion.

It seem like ActiveMining now is a part of BTCINVEST fund.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135157.msg2985377#msg2985377

TradeFortress (who runs the fund) used to be very sceptical to the orignal AMC setup, I guess he is more pleased with ActiveMining shares Smiley

I saw that earlier, and actually laughed out loud.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

BTW, how hard is it to post the list of board members to page one of this huge and mostly useless thread?
(Why is this like a amateur hour on every imaginable level?)

No, I do not have to look up the PR guys last post and search it from there. Smiley 

BTW, I got plenty of coin riding on this circus and this is the only reason why I actually give a flying f*** about it.
I want Ken and Co to succeed but I also like to be sure he knows what is going on. If he has no roadmap, dates and milestones etc, how can any of you measure the progress?
If Ken has no project plan, after 2+ months, how can he know is this show on track or not?
Project plans and task list are not made because they look pretty.

Bob, do you plan on attending the shareholder meetings that were mentioned? I'm sure you could voice some of your concerns there and they would almost certainly be addressed.

meeting? I honestly do not read every page of this stuff here Smiley I hope it gets posted to front page of this thread and e-mailed via btctc.co news system to shareholders.
Oi, PR guy! Please get yourself acquainted with tools available for you and start doing your job.  Kiss

I have no idea how many of you have actually participated in a RL shareholders meeting but there has to be a list of topics prepared BEFORE the meeting. Especially, if voting is involved.

BTW, if this is a real virtual shareholders meeting, no shareholder can be excluded because he has less than X shares. Period.

One more question. Is there a proxy system in place for those who have no time or energy take part of this IRC based meeting?

Cheers!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:25:27 PM

I have no idea how many of you have actually participated in a RL shareholders meeting but there has to be a list of topics prepared BEFORE the meeting. Especially, if voting is involved.

BTW, if this is a real virtual shareholders meeting, no shareholder can be excluded because he has less than X shares. Period.

One more question. Is there a proxy system in place for those who have no time or energy take part of this IRC based meeting?

Cheers!

It should absolutely be open to any member of the public in IRC (non board members or invited parties should not be given voice permission)

There will be market moving information discussed, and in a realm where there is no retribution/oversight to limit insider trading by the board and participants, board members will have a distinct advantage. This is a PUBLIC company and should be treated as such.

I would also hope to god that there is a posted agenda before every meeting...and possibly 10-15 minutes to answer submitted questions..

kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:32:49 PM

If it was public you'd get trolls like IceBreaker coming in and causing a disturbance
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

Yep.

I do believe the meeting should be open for observation.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:07:49 PM

Yep.

You're going to get the board members upset that they don't get the "perks".   Smiley

AstroBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

Yep.

The Minutes (log of everything said) should also be made available after the meeting in a locked forum thread maintained by ActiveMining-PR for those that can't attend.
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:11:04 PM

You're going to get the board members upset that they don't get the "perks".   Smiley

The perk of being on the board, or invited, should be the right to voice opinions/suggestions. Personally, I'd simply like to sit back with some popcorn and see what's said.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:14:20 PM

The perk of being on the board, or invited, should be the right to voice opinions/suggestions. Personally, I'd simply like to sit back with some popcorn and see what's said.

I would suggest selling any popcorn you have and buying a few more shares

somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:42:56 PM

Yep.

The Minutes (log of everything said) should also be made available after the meeting in a locked forum thread maintained by ActiveMining-PR for those that can't attend.
I agree on both points. I think the meeting should be restricted to people that have at least one share, but that would be logistically challenging so open would be a fine alternative.

The locked thread should be for all activemining announcements and not just the logs, but I'm guessing that was implied.

I would suggest selling any popcorn you have and buying a few more shares
I'm sure he will be able to afford plenty of popcorn with all the money he makes next week  Grin.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:59:29 PM

Regarding the share requirement, I knew there was one, but was the number ever released?

I'll have to leave that one to a future PR post I'm afraid!

All of the advisory board do read this thread, so for those of you who have respectfully raised genuine questions, ideas and criticisms, we're well aware of them and often of who you are too. Thanks!

This, unfortunately, is not the best place for public discussion due to poor behaviour from a small number of posters. It's better for us to spend our time constructively.

You can usually find at least one of us on IRC in #ActiveMining (freenode) if you want to ask anything, and PM any of us at any time. You'll have to be forgiving if sometimes we can't answer your questions. In the end, we're volunteers and shareholders ourselves, appointed by Ken. We're not paid and this is not the day job, although it sometimes feels like it's a full time role!

We've only been set up this week so it'll take time to get various plans arranged and in motion.

Despite what one or two posters may think, we're interested in all feedback - including criticisms (although chances are we probably already know). The board itself was instigated partly by me because I had made a number of strong criticisms myself, some in this thread. I applied and accepted the position based on being given a chance to improve things.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252531.msg2765339#msg2765339 and my other posts around that time.

Anyone suggesting the board is made up of 'fans' or any such thing is simply wrong. I'm the last person who could be accused of being a fanboy as the other board members will already attest to! They're a really good team from what I've experienced so far.

All we ask is for people to be respectful and well behaved. If someone is rude about us or disruptive to ActiveMining for whatever purpose, we're just not going to deal with them.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:42:45 PM

Do real life companies, the ones listed on the NYSE allow the public in to their shareholder meetings?

The last time I got a notification from a company of which I owned shares, it was clear that the meeting was only open to shareholders.

Companies also have board meetings. Shareholders are not present and not invited to board meetings of FIAT world companies.

Board members are voted upon at shareholder meetings.

It is not uncommon for large shareholders, who because of the number of shares they hold, to have the voting power to either vote themselves, or someone the feel represents their interests best, on to the board.

Shareholder meetings should be open to all shareholders. Meetings of strategic planning should be limited to those who are part of any strategic planning committee. Design team meetings should be limited to people on a design team.

Demands that all meetings should be open to everyone and anyone are just plain silly.

Personally, I trust Street in regard to insuring that there will be an agenda.

If there are particular issues that someone would like discussed, this forum presents as good as any place to discuss them.

Cheers!

It should absolutely be open to any member of the public in IRC (non board members or invited parties should not be given voice permission)

There will be market moving information discussed, and in a realm where there is no retribution/oversight to limit insider trading by the board and participants, board members will have a distinct advantage. This is a PUBLIC company and should be treated as such.

I would also hope to Lord Satoshi that there is a posted agenda before every meeting...and possibly 10-15 minutes to answer submitted questions..

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:02:45 AM

I think everyone should be able to be present for the shareholders meeting. Before the meeting Streets should present a list of questions that will be asked during the meeting and give us some time frame to ask to add or remove questions to have the most efficient list of questions asked. Streets should also present (Sometime in the next few days) what information is strictly not allowed to be public due to the NDA so we know what is allowed to be public and we can ask those questions now.

Example.
The BTC/USD conversion is not under the NDA right? But the price associated with the contract with eAsic is under NDA correct? So even though we already know the amount associated with the contract. We should also be able to know if the BTC/USD conversion is done or not but not know if eAsic has been paid or not.

The shareholder's meeting should start with a plan for the foreseeable future. Atleast up until Thanksgiving we should know where our CEO wants this project to go. (With this information, someone who understands the mining aspect/the economics and all that could end up making a chart showing project revenue until Ken gets a CFO or whoever does that stuff). Any updates about Avalon are unnecessary right now because Avalon is giving updates about Avalon, all that information is public. Any question directly tying eAsic & ActiveMining should stop being posted on this thread until Ken himself brings up eAsic AND eAsic brings up ActiveMining in a public release of some form or another. Just do not mention them.

If you ignore someone. We do not care. Please do not post anymore about who you want to ignore, who you do not like, who annoys you. Just drop it. 1 Troll post every day is far better than 1 Troll post and 10 bitching and whining post that follow soon after.

We should also have a rule in effect, do not quote someone unless the quote directly mentions ActiveMining in some form or another. We do not care about how trustworthy you are, who you think is a troll, or anything else like that, we did not give our BTC to you. We gave it to Ken. If a troll post and crashes the price of BTC, be the smart investor and buy some more shares. That's what we are all here for right, the BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC.  Grin

PS. I've been lurking this forum for quite some time. So here is my .0002BTC on how this whole thing should be going henceforth. If you do not like what I said, that is ok. You can let me know, I promise not to throw any accusations around. They are unnecessary and only hurt this company's reputation and therefore my revenue stream. Lets keep this strictly professional and formal from now on. Please.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:25:47 AM

To be absolutely clear, there are no plans for a general shareholder meeting. Any one of you can contact us on IRC or by PM at any time.

Monthly shareholder meetings will be held for all qualified, vested shareholders to take part in with The Advisory Board as it is formed, and Ken directly.  We feel this will allow for further transparency, but also give each of you who are deeply invested in Active Mining a voice in the process.  There was a number of substantial applications who we felt can represent all shareholders of ActiveMining through these meetings.

Edited for clarity: These meetings will be for those deeply invested or original applicants who the board feel have much to offer. They will be a fair representative group of investors and they will not be privy to confidential information, so no one will be missing out.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:44:05 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 12:54:48 AM by JoTheKhan

To be absolutely clear, there are no plans for a general shareholder meeting. Any one of you can contact us on IRC or by PM at any time.

Monthly shareholder meetings will be held for all qualified, vested shareholders to take part in with The Advisory Board as it is formed, and Ken directly.  We feel this will allow for further transparency, but also give each of you who are deeply invested in Active Mining a voice in the process.  There was a number of substantial applications who we felt can represent all shareholders of ActiveMining through these meetings.

There is a problem with this. We can all agree that the BTC stock exchanges are unregulated. So insider trading can not be protected against. What you are giving is; the people who own the most shares the information first. While you might not see it as this way, we do.

Hypothetical:

Meeting goes on and new information comes out that says ActiveMining is ahead of schedule/hemorrhaging money. While you guys are in this meeting the people who have the ability to manipulate the share price to the extremes all just received very urgent information and can take advantage of this to the utmost extreme. Before the meeting is even over the price of shares will already have been affected with us poorer shareholders biting the bullet.

End Hypothetical.

I would also like you to stop saying those who are "deeply invested in Active Mining have a voice." because as it stands I am deeply invested in Active Mining but lack a voice in this process. Do I have 100,000 shares? No but my % of savings compared to % of money invested in shares is probably much higher than someone who does which I think qualifies me to attend this meeting.

This whole thing can be very simple.
General share holder meeting where anyone who owns shares can observe the meeting, we do not need to say anything. I know nothing about nothing about ASIC technology or how a business is ran, but I do know what is good news and what is bad news and how the person who gets the information first comes out on top. Feel free to limit who can speak/ask question in this meeting as you may. But do not kick someone out of the meeting when they have invest time and money in to the company.

The only other alternative.

No New information should be presented at any of these meetings or the Active Mining Stock should be locked for 24 hours after the meeting has begun.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:11:25 AM

There is a problem with this. We can all agree that the BTC stock exchanges are unregulated. So insider trading can not be protected against. What you are giving is; the people who own the most shares the information first. While you might not see it as this way, we do.

These would absolutely not be for announcements which can be traded on or for privileged information. PR will post more details in due course.

Additionally, I suggest people look around at what other offerings are and aren't doing.

Vested is defined as an absolute shareholding in the company (TBD), not a relative shareholding for what someone can afford as that's not any use as a definition, I'm sorry.

If you think you have skills or experience to help ActiveMining then message PR though.

JoTheKhan: There are already any number of ways to speak to anyone involved if you have questions. You have a voice all the time - use it Smiley

Vigil

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Any information which affects the chip development plans, etc. is capable of being investment-sensitive. I don't see how the topics in the meetings would not be.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:28:47 AM

Any information which affects the chip development plans, etc. is capable of being investment-sensitive. I don't see how the topics in the meetings would not be.

Development of the chips would be under NDA, and as such would not be discussed.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ffssixtynine

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:35:07 AM

And if it was about chip development plans not already discussed but which could be, it would be pre-announced for that reason because it's clearly investment-sensitive.

However, there are a lot of things which simply don't have an effect on share price. If it was a discussion about website updates or design concept feedback or or any number of other things, that's not the case.
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: