Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 524 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] EHF eHealth First  (Read 97805 times)
nkryuchkov

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:40:25 PM

https://s15.postimg.cc/ctgruecff/shutterstock_256260478.jpg

Hi everyone!

EHF Advisor, prof. Arnold Mitnitsky answers questions about aging, frailty index, longevity, mathematical models that help to understand and fight against aging.

Take a look at the first part of his comments.

1. Briefly about myself and why I’m a Team member at eHealth First?
My expertise and research interests lie in the area of mathematical modeling of complex biomedical systems. More specifically, I have a longstanding interests in modeling the process of aging. Being affiliated with the Dalhousie University (Department of Medicine) in Halifax, Canada, I was a recipient of several grants from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research to find the answer to the following questions: “How can we quantify aging in individuals and population?” How can we understand the biological aging and what is Biological age as a measure of the aging process, and finally how can we assess it? The problem of data integration is the crucial one in this respect, as more data becomes available with the explosion of the new technologies, such as genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and advanced computational techniques, including the Artificial Intelligence (AI). The eHealth First team members have similar expirations and relevant expertise, so I was delighted to joint this team in the development of the approaches to assess health of individuals during aging with the hope that the new approaches will be implemented in practice.

2. What is aging?
Aging is many things (aging is complex and has many aspects) and that is why people who study aging cannot agree all time (rather often). Aging can be defined at the different levels (cellular, subcellular, organ, entire organism). For me, it is a systemic nature of aging that is most important. We can say that aging is the process of changes in multiple aspects of health, declines in functional capacity, and functional reserve, increasing vulnerability to stresses, increasing the level of frailty. My focus is not about semantics but about developing the means that allow to quantify aging. Mathematical modeling lies in the heart of my approach. From that standpoint, we (with my colleagues, geriatrician, professor Kenneth Rockwood) suggested to assess aging as the process of accumulation of health deficits that can be found in multiple databases (clinical, epidemiological, etc.) and we have introduced a measure that can be readily applied to many data to make use of the information available currently and expected in the near future.

3. Why we age?
The opinions about that greatly diverge. There are two major theories of aging: the damage accumulation, and genetic programming of aging. I am in favor of the accumulation of damage approach to the origin of aging, as a cause of aging and that is well supported by our mathematical models, especially the network model of aging that shows how the propagation of damage occurs in complex networks. The accumulation and propagation of damage in complex dynamical networks (that represent our organism) explains the major quantitative characteristics of the aging processes, including the exponential increase of mortality with age (the celebrated Gompertz law of mortality) and the accumulation of health deficits with age that ultimately results in increasing the risks of death.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:22:43 PM

Hi everyone!

EHF Advisor, prof. Arnold Mitnitsky answers questions about aging, frailty index, longevity, mathematical models that help to understand and fight against aging.

My expertise and research interests lie in the area of mathematical modeling of complex biomedical systems. More specifically, I have a longstanding interests in modeling the process of aging. Being affiliated with the Dalhousie University (Department of Medicine) in Halifax, Canada, I was a recipient of several grants from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research to find the answer to the following questions: “How can we quantify aging in individuals and population?” How can we understand the biological aging and what is Biological age as a measure of the aging process, and finally how can we assess it? The problem of data integration is the crucial one in this respect, as more data becomes available with the explosion of the new technologies, such as genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and advanced computational techniques, including the Artificial Intelligence (AI). The eHealth First team members have similar expirations and relevant expertise, so I was delighted to joint this team in the development of the approaches to assess health of individuals during aging with the hope that the new approaches will be implemented in practice.

2. What is aging?
Aging is many things (aging is complex and has many aspects) and that is why people who study aging cannot agree all time (rather often). Aging can be defined at the different levels (cellular, subcellular, organ, entire organism). For me, it is a systemic nature of aging that is most important. We can say that aging is the process of changes in multiple aspects of health, declines in functional capacity, and functional reserve, increasing vulnerability to stresses, increasing the level of frailty. My focus is not about semantics but about developing the means that allow to quantify aging. Mathematical modeling lies in the heart of my approach. From that standpoint, we (with my colleagues, geriatrician, professor Kenneth Rockwood) suggested to assess aging as the process of accumulation of health deficits that can be found in multiple databases (clinical, epidemiological, etc.) and we have introduced a measure that can be readily applied to many data to make use of the information available currently and expected in the near future.

3. Why we age?
The opinions about that greatly diverge. There are two major theories of aging: the damage accumulation, and genetic programming of aging. I am in favor of the accumulation of damage approach to the origin of aging, as a cause of aging and that is well supported by our mathematical models, especially the network model of aging that shows how the propagation of damage occurs in complex networks. The accumulation and propagation of damage in complex dynamical networks (that represent our organism) explains the major quantitative characteristics of the aging processes, including the exponential increase of mortality with age (the celebrated Gompertz law of mortality) and the accumulation of health deficits with age that ultimately results in increasing the risks of death.

The impression in the beginning was a health diagnosis platform, but now its more like research for immortality .. anti aging ? why not cure the sick first
beautifulgirl89

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:53:09 PM

Hello.  Our expert group was interested in your project, you have a good idea and an interesting approach to the matter.  Who can I contact about cooperation? Write to me in pm please.
jonnytracker

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:30:40 PM

Hello.  Our expert group was interested in your project, you have a good idea and an interesting approach to the matter.  Who can I contact about cooperation? Write to me in pm please.

I think you should use the contact us form in their official website
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:09:50 PM

You should contact nkryuchkov here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1430338

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:55:50 PM

Hi everyone!

2. What is aging?

3. Why we age?
i personally seem to be very interesting concepts, perhaps for the search of immortality is still early but slow down aging is certainly a good purpose...
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:03:37 PM

Hi everyone!

Could you give us the link so we can check the whole interview? It looks like he really took time to talk about some interesting topics and answered some questions which we all want answers to.

jonnytracker

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:55:05 AM

Hi everyone!

Could you give us the link so we can check the whole interview? It looks like he really took time to talk about some interesting topics and answered some questions which we all want answers to.

A source would be good, instead of copy paste from somewhere else..
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:31:20 AM

If I am not mistakenly read, the pre ico stage 2 will be at September this year. And as I see the market is in the downtrend right now. Wish this current condition won't affect the purchasing power of the investors.
jonnytracker

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:26:22 AM

If I am not mistakenly read, the pre ico stage 2 will be at September this year. And as I see the market is in the downtrend right now. Wish this current condition won't affect the purchasing power of the investors.

How was the pre ico stage 1, or is it private information ?
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:45:17 AM

I dont see any updates from the team regarding this and frankly, its near to impossible right now to reach hard cap where hyped ICO's are just touching the soft cap.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:50:01 AM

I dont see any updates from the team regarding this and frankly, its near to impossible right now to reach hard cap where hyped ICO's are just touching the soft cap.

They could postpone the sale. No need to do it at the height of the downtrend.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:56:39 AM

But the first stage of the salw is starting in September or in October if I remember correctly? There's still time till then, maybe the market will come around.

the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:49:15 AM

But the first stage of the salw is starting in September or in October if I remember correctly? There's still time till then, maybe the market will come around.

honestly I don't think the market will come back around. i'm losing hope. at least for this year.

Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:34:40 PM

honestly I don't think the market will come back around. i'm losing hope. at least for this year.

I'm actually thinking that there is a grand plot to discredit cryptocurrencies hence the continued downturn of prices and it could be true. Any more ideas?

No, I think that to many early whales are selling now. BTC has to be distributed wider to avoid such sell offs and this maybe needs a year. But nobody knows, some good news in the medias and a new bullrun could start, so hodl is the best now imo.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:16:36 PM

Obviously, one should not sell BTCs when the market hits its bottom. Well, there are some cases when you need money, but to sell them for 6000 USD? I would let them burn better
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:45:52 PM

is a difficult time for the ico in general with the market at these levels, but i think it would be enough to reach the soft cap in order to carry on the project then once people seen its usefulness and its potential certainly other investments will come...
thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 08:55:33 PM

I received my ehf coins few days ago. I wanted to know if the public sale dates are postponed again or not as the market is still in down trend. Is there any team member who can provide information about this?

Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:02:22 PM

Hi everyone!

Why there is no link to this interview? at their YouTube channel I did not get to find this video - If someone can finds it please share it.
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:59:43 PM

Hi everyone!

Why there is no link to this interview? at their YouTube channel I did not get to find this video - If someone can finds it please share it.

It was requested, I hope we have links soon, it is wonderful to be able to follow the results of such explanations completely
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 524 »
  Print  

Jump to: