Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:52:03 AM

so just to clarify everyone's strategy.

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

a cheap 5x power increase.  extraordinary.

Thanks for clarifying. I have a noob question: If I want to host the rigs on laptops, would I just connect:

BJ->Laptop

or

BJ->Rpi->Laptop

Thanks

No, you would just connect them directly to the laptops you should probably assume you will need one USB port per mini board on your laptop though Rpi is probably going to be more power efficient than a laptop.  Someone said the other day that you might be able to chain mini-boards together but that hasn't been confirmed by HashFast.  Think of them like over sized Block Erupters except they need cooling and external power instead of being powered over the USB bus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:59:13 AM

Thanks for clarifying. I have a noob question: If I want to host the rigs on laptops, would I just connect:

or

BJ->Rpi->Laptop

Thanks

BJ->Laptop works fine.

BJ->Rpi->router also works fine (no laptop needed)

Anything that runs CGminer works fine as a BJ controller. 

CGminer will soon have native HashFast support in an upcoming official release.   Smiley

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:04:48 AM

CGminer will soon have native HashFast support in an upcoming official release.   Smiley

Now that is awesome.  Nice to see at least some hardware vendors are keeping cgminer developers in the loop.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:26:40 AM

Thanks for the answers, guys. Do we still look on schedule for shipping next week?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:18:31 AM

Thanks for the answers, guys. Do we still look on schedule for shipping next week?

Seems doubtful. They said on the HF blog that "Tapeout" happened on Aug. 28th, about a week later than originally planned, (aka: start of ASIC fabrication) and on Oct. 9th they made a post insinuating that they were just over half way through the steps in the ASIC fab process and that the second half usually goes faster than the first.

My guess is we are looking at the week of the 28th at the earliest solidly in the 300,000,000 difficulty range.
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:08:07 AM

Will there be a waiting period for shipping batch 2 or will they start that right after they finish batch 1?
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
!
October 14, 2013, 06:08:59 AM

So far, my experience with HF has been the polar opposite of my experience with BFL. And that is a good thing  Smiley

I see clear progress. There is constructive dialogue. And the company makes choices that actually benefit the customer.

Of course, HF can still drop the ball schedule wise. But so far, so good!
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:38:47 AM

I have a Batch 1 baby jet and I bought the expansion board. Will I be able to use the MPP board with  them?

If not, why was this not though of before - you knew mpp + expansion would be needed on the baby jet?

Simply put the upgrade into your babyjet. Once the MPP comes in, you have to buy extra space racks, cooling, power supply and a rp/old computer as a controller. Each chip comes with an independent board, so the only problem for not putting them into your babyjet when the MPP executes is simply physical space. For more info:

so just to clarify everyone's strategy.

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

a cheap 5x power increase.  extraordinary.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:43:52 AM

Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

Cheers,

Team HashFast

I have a Batch 1 baby jet and I bought the expansion board. Will I be able to use the MPP board with  them?

If not, why was this not though of before - you knew mpp + expansion would be needed on the baby jet?

The BabyJet has room for only 2 modules in total (as that maxes out the Raspberry Pi), you need to upgrade the old power supply as well (which is included in the expansion upgrade you bought).
If the full MPP kicks in, you would get 4 extra modules so you will need to look for an extra case, power supply and a cgminer running CPU (rPi, PC, laptop) with a USB connector for each module

Besides, the MPP modules will only ship out in 2014, you'll get your bought expansion board in December
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:49:44 AM

Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

Cheers,

Team HashFast

By how much?  200%?, 300%?, 400%?  And do you also send additional racks to Sierra customers?

Are you doing this because you have a time machine regarding difficulty or because you are going to be very late since MPP doesn't ship until 2014?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:08:10 AM

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Team HashFast

By how much?  200%?, 300%?, 400%?  And do you also send additional racks to Sierra customers?

Are you doing this because you have a time machine regarding difficulty or because you are going to be very late since MPP doesn't ship until 2014?

The % of the MPP is already in the terms.   They are just clarifying that they will provide full boards not just raw chips.  No racks are included for Sierra or Babyjet, neither are additional power supplies. 

A BabyJet consists of 1 mining module.  A Sierra consists of 3 mining modules.  If due to the MPP you receive 400% more hashpower you would receive 4 mining modules per BabyJet order, and 12 mining modules per Sierra order
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:10:30 AM

I guess the next important question is: when?
Will they ship immediately after the 3 month period, or at some time in the future?
Paladin69

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:19:49 AM

Will they ship immediately after the 3 month period, or at some time in the future?

To be honest, I'm getting flashbacks of BFL.  To appease customers in 2012 they said they would give 3x the hardware if they stayed on board.  Things are all bright and cheery now until you see the days and weeks go by as the difficulty keeps rising.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:31:00 AM

To be honest, I'm getting flashbacks of BFL.  To appease customers in 2012 they said they would give 3x the hardware if they stayed on board.  Things are all bright and cheery now until you see the days and weeks go by as the difficulty keeps rising.

There are more than a few subtle differences, the MPP was always announced up front as an option, you were free to pay extra for it or not take the option.

It's not something they threw in later to keep the punters on board
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:39:34 AM

I see it as just another form of preordering. Almost double the price for <=4x the hashrate delivered >3 months later.
Unless I misunderstood that means in the "best" case,  you pay roughly half the price per GH for something delivered >3 months later.
The network is currently more than doubling each month, three months could mean 8x lower revenue per GH. Sure that will stop at some point, but not likely in February.
"if you are in a hole, dig deeper."

Also note their ToS. For instance, for batch 2:
Batch 2. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by February 28, 2014

So if they only ship it by february 28, MPP adds at least 3 months, you would get your extra mining gear no sooner than June 2014 to compensate for your "november" order.
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:45:13 AM

What I think Paladin69 is trying to say is that HF has clearly showed us that is really outstanding from other asic manufactures by having nice contracts with the best factorys out there, the MPP , having the software prepared in andvance...but we are really close to what they marked as "time to ship" the units and we still havent seen any photo. Not the case, not the pcbs, not even any other part as the cooling solution that they have been simulating with. For the moment as a customer I  want to believe

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:54:10 AM

The BabyJet has room for only 2 modules in total (as that maxes out the Raspberry Pi), you need to upgrade the old power supply as well (which is included in the expansion upgrade you bought).
If the full MPP kicks in, you would get 4 extra modules so you will need to look for an extra case, power supply and a cgminer running CPU (rPi, PC, laptop) with a USB connector for each module

Besides, the MPP modules will only ship out in 2014, you'll get your bought expansion board in December

This isn't right.

It doesn't max out Raspi, it maxes out space. Remember the cool thing about the modules is that they daisy chain together. This is why in the Sierra you can string 3 modules together with 1USB feed to an external controller of your choice.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:59:07 AM

What I think Paladin69 is trying to say is that HF has clearly showed us that is really outstanding from other asic manufactures by having nice contracts with the best factorys out there, the MPP , having the software prepared in andvance...but we are really close to what they marked as "time to ship" the units and we still havent seen any photo. Not the case, not the pcbs, not even any other part as the cooling solution that they have been simulating with. For the moment as a customer I  want to believe

I saw what you wrote earlier so I screamed at them earlier today. They promised me they will have pictures for you soon.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:02:55 AM

Remember they don't have working chips yet.

I know and have seen pictures of the other parts but it's simply OEM stuff like you can get off Amazon except for the PCB of course.
Paladin69

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:05:25 AM

I see it as just another form of preordering. Almost double the price for <=4x the hashrate delivered >3 months later.
Unless I misunderstood that means in the "best" case,  you pay roughly half the price per GH for something delivered >3 months later.
The network is currently more than doubling each month, three months could mean 8x lower revenue per GH. Sure that will stop at some point, but not likely in February.
"if you are in a hole, dig deeper."

Also note their ToS. For instance, for batch 2:
Batch 2. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by February 28, 2014

So if they only ship it by february 28, MPP adds at least 3 months, you would get your extra mining gear no sooner than June 2014 to compensate for your "november" order.

That is a long ways out.  They got themselves covered by having you pay a lot up front then and you getting little in return later for all that extra hashrate which doesn't come till much later.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: