Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin  (Read 10544 times)
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:24:35 AM

i think not. Ethereum and Bitcoin it too away and hard for Ethereum  to rising that. we know bitcoin is num one cryptocurrency. so i think ethereum can't overtake bitcoin.

yeah right, eth and btc are too far and miles away from each other therfor eth cant possibly overtake btc even if it was given some years to do it. we also know that eth price cant really pump high as much as bitcoin can do but for sure i strongly believe that eth will overtake bitcoincash. bch will then fall back down under the third spot next to eth. overall i could say that bch and eth are the real competitor here because these too were indeed close to each other.
Cedrick

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:42:09 AM

Ethereum can beat Bitcoin in market cap but not in price because there is huge gap between price of ethereum and Bitcoin and it cannot be equalise.
Yup. Not in price because if that will happens, the coins is not balance anymore. In market gap yeah ethereum can overtake bitcoin. That is the point. But ethereum is too good for now. Too far from yesterday.

unknownkidd1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:46:06 AM

the way bitcoin Ethereum and Bitcoin it too away and hard for Ethereum  to rising that.

bitcoin will be number 1 next 3 years
I love. ETH so much
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:55:12 AM

In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.
Do you can gives me more reasons make sense about your statement, because ethereum will be difficult to overtake the bitcoin, Ethereum will continue to be inflationary as a result. Unlike Bitcoin, with its 21 million hard cap, Ethereum has no fixed maximum supply. Ethereum's blockchain is not immutable People looking for the immutable Ethereum blockchain should look into Ethereum Classic. How do you can said that ethereum will overtake the bitcoin? And don't forget there are ethereum's killer are like EOS, NEO and Cardano.
SameerSony

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:19:34 AM

At the moment Ethereum has no chance to overtake Bitcoin because there is a huge gap between the price of bitcoin and Ethereum.
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:31:55 AM

In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.
Do you can gives me more reasons make sense about your statement, because ethereum will be difficult to overtake the bitcoin, Ethereum will continue to be inflationary as a result. Unlike Bitcoin, with its 21 million hard cap, Ethereum has no fixed maximum supply. Ethereum's blockchain is not immutable People looking for the immutable Ethereum blockchain should look into Ethereum Classic. How do you can said that ethereum will overtake the bitcoin? And don't forget there are ethereum's killer are like EOS, NEO and Cardano.
Indeed, the current ETH is also limited to the technology behind it, so there are more projects like NEO,QTUM,EOS,XAS and other projects trying to surpass ETH, so I don't think that ETH can surpass BTC.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mrpl2017

Activity: 346

ASSETSPLIT ICO

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:37:54 AM

They are both very different technologies. But answering your question, if this happens it will never be in terms of price. It will be in terms of market cap. I feel ETH can overtake BTC’s market cap by mid 2018. If not overtake it’ll definitely be close to it.

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:49:02 AM

No bro I do not think so. Bitcoin is the # 1 currency because it sets the general price for other currencies. ETH can rise sharply by 2018 but it never surpasses bitcoin in value. I am sure of that.
PapaJ

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:21:04 AM

I would not even be surprised if this happens)))
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:24:55 AM

Ethereum in the coming years will not be able to bypass bitcoin, this is unequivocal. Despite the fact that ethereum is one of the most promising coins, and recently it has improved the throughput capacity of up to ten transactions per second, still it will not be able to bypass the price of bitcoins in the near future. The talk that bitkoyn has become obsolete and that it's time to change it from the leader's place began after he actually accumulated many shortcomings that have not been eliminated for a long time. However, since the New Year in bitkoyn implement the project "lightning", which should solve the problems bitkoyna with the duration of its transactions, which began to hang for several hundred thousand, the ability to carry out transactions with small amounts and for small commissions. Therefore bitkoyn soon again rise in his rating and in price.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:37:42 AM

Indeed, the current ETH is also limited to the technology behind it, so there are more projects like NEO,QTUM,EOS,XAS and other projects trying to surpass ETH, so I don't think that ETH can surpass BTC.
Unfortunately the OP doesn't give us complete information about ethereum will overtake the bitcoin, it will be nice discussion if the OP gives it, ethereum is good for short term investment usually in trading in my experience, i could got active profit from the fluctuation in ethereum, also with ethereum i could participated into ICOs projects too because almost all of the ICOs projects be built on ethereum's platform but doesn't mean ethereum can overtake the bitcoin, bitcoin is still the king of digital coins right now.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:48:58 AM

Ethereum in the coming years will not be able to bypass bitcoin, this is unequivocal. Despite the fact that ethereum is one of the most promising coins, and recently it has improved the throughput capacity of up to ten transactions per second, still it will not be able to bypass the price of bitcoins in the near future. The talk that bitkoyn has become obsolete and that it's time to change it from the leader's place began after he actually accumulated many shortcomings that have not been eliminated for a long time. However, since the New Year in bitkoyn implement the project "lightning", which should solve the problems bitkoyna with the duration of its transactions, which began to hang for several hundred thousand, the ability to carry out transactions with small amounts and for small commissions. Therefore bitkoyn soon again rise in his rating and in price.
I agree with you, but let me make it clear,I think that it won't bypass bitcoin not because a price speculation or something like that, I think that they are not fighting for the same market.

With Ethereum you can pay the gas cost of openning smart contracts,while bitcoin network's main purpose is to transfer money.
Ethereum wasn't built to be a store of value, a thing fhat bitcoin has been built for.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:50:53 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency. Eth may be stable but bitcoin still will stabd out. No other alts has come to overtake bitcoin and i dont think that will ever happen
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1260
Merit: 315

www.Artemis.co

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:55:25 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency. Eth may be stable but bitcoin still will stabd out. No other alts has come to overtake bitcoin and i dont think that will ever happen
The truth is bitcoin is the only one who can manage of them all. Altcoin cannot overtake bicoin and no other coins can overtake the bitcoin. Yeah i guess that will never happen too.

..A R T E M I S..|
▀▄▀ PRESALE IS NOW LIVE! VISIT THE WEBSITE ▀▄▀
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:22:04 AM

i dont think so, if you speak for the price bitcoin would still be the number 1 even though there's bitcoin cash,it will still not gonna be defeated. but if you are going to look over for their functionalities, it is gonna be ethereum. do a further research for that concern of yours.
fazerockzx

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:29:22 AM

There is no way that ethereum can replace or overtake bitcoin on being the top 1 in cryptocurrency because bitcoin has been here longer than ETH and so without bitcoin, there will be no ethereum. Ethereum can just be number 2 or below in the cryptocurrency world.
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:30:36 AM

I have to totally disagree with you here. Ethereum is the best alt coin for me aswell and i really support it but we have to be realistic here. Chances of bitcoin getting overtaken by any coin is zero. I really appreciate how ethereum helping the crypto community but the blockchain tech is designed to be centered by bitcoin.

Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:32:45 AM

It is possible that Bitcoin will soon overtaken by some Altcoins because some coins have a potential to pump more and even pars Bitcoin's price but for Ethereum it is also possible but not this month and we cannot speculate when but Bitcoin is not forever being hailed as the number one cryptocurrency in the market but I think soon or later.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Naij

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:34:48 AM

I really doubt it. No any Altcoins can beat bitcoin since for these reasons:

1* Bitcoin has a lot of advertisement
2* Bitcoin has a very hight price
3* Etherium depends on bitcoin to grow like any other altcoins.
4* Like many people say, BTC was build to storage money.
5* While BTC is the king, every altcoin will take influence on btc.

I really like Etherium but is because I prefer to use Ethers to invest in other altcoins and speculate the price and get the benefits whereas if I use Bitcoins I would save it until the price is too high

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:37:31 AM

There is no way that ethereum can replace or overtake bitcoin on being the top 1 in cryptocurrency because bitcoin has been here longer than ETH and so without bitcoin, there will be no ethereum. Ethereum can just be number 2 or below in the cryptocurrency world.

I believe that Ethereum is one of the strongest Altcoin today but thinking that it will going to replace Bitcoin's seat as the most valued cryptocurrency is possible. I'm referring to Bitcoin's dropping while Bitcoin Cash is pumping. Bitcoin will be replaced by Bitcoin Cash or Ethereum or any Altcoins but not today, not next year but not forever. It will soon step down from the 1st seat and Ethereum or Bitcoin will then step up.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: