Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186652 times)
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:25:28 PM

Refunds coming from the address that Yifu insinuated no control over.

No word at all to the reasons behind the 11+ week DELAY on early orders.

Then he claims that upset customers are greedy and affecting his chi?

And batch 2/3 were delayed simply to "insure early investor ROI".

Go fig.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:33:10 PM

As yifu already said - only way to get back up is just do no more preorders...

Remember that "in stock" stuff can always be stuck in customs for an unknown number of weeks...

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 05:58:58 PM

Remember that "in stock" stuff can always be stuck in customs for an unknown number of weeks...

Or be stuck in their test labs, until they get at least 0.5" of dust on them.

"They have to be tested, you know.  Don't be greedy.  It is bad for your Chi..."

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:38:49 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not necessarily bad for YOUR chi, but definitely bad for Yifu's...   Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
freeworm

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:48:13 AM

Any other groups got chip refunds besides SebastianJu's?
We have submitted chip refund request and tickets for days but haven't the refund and any reply.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 03:24:11 AM

from Steamboats thread:

The following is an update on the order status of Avalon ASIC chips regarding an order you have placed.
A second update will follow.

Chip order status:

We have been in contact with Yifu over the past three days and are currently negotiating a compensation plan for damages incurred as a result of Bitsyncom’s failure to deliver. We cannot give any additional information at this time. While we are working to reach a fair and agreeable resolution for all parties involved, it is still unclear whether further action will be required, and we make no promises regarding the outcome. Yifu has informed us he will be releasing an update later today, but has not disclosed the topic.

We have confirmed with Yifu directly the eligibility of all batches ordered for refund to be processed when requested. Additionally, there is no deadline for requesting a refund. As such, we have begun processing all requests for refunds of orders placed with us, which will be submitted to Yifu upon each batch being requested in full.

The following procedure will be used to facilitate the refund requests:

Refunds will be in the amount of 95% of the original .086 BTC purchase price, or .0817 BTC per chip.

All those requesting a chip refund will be allowed to do so, so long as there are enough requests to fulfill an entire batch.

No customer will be forced to accept a refund in order to process a batch refund.

Each customer may choose to submit a refund request for a single order or all orders they have placed, but must refund each order in its entirety. Partial refunds for any order will not be accepted.

Refunds of batches will be requested from Mr. Yifu Guo of Bitsyncom beginning with Batch 6, and continue in reverse order to the first so long as refund requests equal an entire batch.

Customers in a batch which has been refunded will be placed in an earlier batch according to their position in that batch’s order, and their position relative to other batches. All purchases will be kept in their original order, and the order book truncated to reflect the refunded purchases.

Once a refund request has been placed with us, and the refund request submitted to Mr. Yifu Guo of Bitsyncom, it is final. There will be no option to receive the chips originally ordered for any reason once the process has begun.

Chip purchase refunds will be dispersed upon receipt of the refund from Mr. Yifu Guo of Bitsyncom. We will supply any administrative paperwork necessary and do what we can to facilitate the refund. We accept no responsibility for any delays outside of our control, which include delayed receipt of the refund from Mr. Yifu Guo of Bitsyncom, and will not disperse refunds prior to receipt of the funds from Mr. Yifu Guo of Bitsyncom.

To process your refund, please fill out the refund request form found at the bottom of this email in its entirety. Each refund request will be verified for its authenticity and processed. Any submissions failing verification will be sent an email for additional verification. Once we have reached 10,000 chips, the request will be submitted to Mr. Yifu Guo of Bitsyncom and processed.

The situation as it stands is far from optimal, and while we realize a 100% refund is desired by most of those who have purchased chips through us, we have invested considerable resources in order to facilitate our offer of Avalon ASIC chips to the community, and cannot offer a full refund. We have done everything in our power to educate potential customers of the risks involved when considering placing an order, and have stated explicitly we assume no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside our control; including but not limited to Avalon failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc.

While we are not bound in any way to do so, we know it is unethical to retain the profits made from chip purchases, and have chosen to refund all profits which remain after administrative, logistical, and material expenses have been taken into consideration.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:34:36 AM

In the most recent news letter, Yifu bluffs again. "We have 400k chips very soon and are you really an idiot who want a refund right now?" Just as he bluffs "we ship 50k a day" "asics on time", "chips will leave the door on early July".

Then we surprized Yifu by the  awareness of his bullshitness, that so many people chose to refund. Grin

I bet you 1btc, Yifu will not ship on Thursday. He is trying to lie to persuade you not to refund. I lose, I donate the money to Foundation.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
powpow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:52:50 AM

I bet you 1btc, Yifu will not ship on Thursday. He is trying to lie to persuade you not to refund. I lose, I donate the money to Foundation.

Let me get the bet parameters straight.  I win, you send 1 BTC to foundation.  You win, I send 1 BTC to you.  Where in this equation does the person taking this bet benefit, win or lose?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:10:52 AM

..and I think everyone involved wholeheartly agrees to that ;-)

Ente

Having a committed team doing CUSTOMER RESOURCE MANAGEMENT and SERVICE would go along way to solving all the issues. The fact they had "issues beyond their control" doesn't absolve them of their obligations to report that to their customers. Pre-orders are not as much of a problem as refunding promptly everyone who asks, and not setting fubar NO REFUND terms. If you can't deliver tell us immediately and refund everyone immediately. Week 11 going into week 12 waiting for a refund.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:53:42 AM

Very disgusting when some group buy leaders took advantage of the situation and start charging 5% or more for the group buy refund. When Yifu gave a 100% full refund. So those Greedy and Selfish group leaders we know who you are. These group buy leaders organised DIY and buy pcb, parts etc, thinking of making more money greed but who in the first place went a head and spent money on this parts, you yourself are to blame. Why blame those who choose to only want the chips and nothing more. If you choose to charge 5% or 10% on those who requested you to buy parts for them that may be more reasonable, why put everyone in the same group.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:29:39 AM

I'm only aware of ONE seller who decided to fuck people with a 5% penalty, and that's Steamboat.

In addition to the chip purchase, he also pre-sold Klondike parts assembly services. Not only is he only offering a fraction of refunds on the hardware costs for those, he's also not refunding people's ASSEMBLY and shipping costs, for services that weren't even performed (obviously). What a fuckstick.

Then there's Raginazin who just up and lost his fucking mind about the time everybody's money was paid in, and disappeared. Odds are pretty good we can get John K to process the refund on that one...

Either way, I think the other group buyers ran their buys in a professional and fair manner, and didn't try and rip people off.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:35:10 AM

Very disgusting when some group buy leaders took advantage of the situation and start charging 5% or more for the group buy refund. When Yifu gave a 100% full refund. So those Greedy and Selfish group leaders we know who you are. These group buy leaders organised DIY and buy pcb, parts etc, thinking of making more money greed but who in the first place went a head and spent money on this parts, you yourself are to blame. Why blame those who choose to only want the chips and nothing more. If you choose to charge 5% or 10% on those who requested you to buy parts for them that may be more reasonable, why put everyone in the same group.

No wonder your ignore button is so yellow...

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:47:22 AM

I'm only aware of ONE seller who decided to fuck people with a 5% penalty, and that's Steamboat.

In addition to the chip purchase, he also pre-sold Klondike parts assembly services. Not only is he only offering a fraction of refunds on the hardware costs for those, he's also not refunding people's ASSEMBLY and shipping costs, for services that weren't even performed (obviously). What a fuckstick.

Then there's Raginazin who just up and lost his fucking mind about the time everybody's money was paid in, and disappeared. Odds are pretty good we can get John K to process the refund on that one...

Either way, I think the other group buyers ran their buys in a professional and fair manner, and didn't try and rip people off.

If you dont like it, dont get a refund. Do you pitch a hissy fit at best buy when they charge a restocking fee? Or eat the 0.50 cents.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
jasinlee

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:52:26 AM

Answered your own question there bud.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:57:28 AM

If you dont like it, dont get a refund. Do you pitch a hissy fit at best buy when they charge a restocking fee? Or eat the 0.50 cents.

If I ordered something that was supposed to be delivered by a certain date, and they failed to deliver it by the date promised by 2 months, and the product was essentially worthless, and they had STILL not delivered the product, and they charged me a restocking fee, you bet your retarded fuckin' ass I'd pitch a fit. I don't care if it was their supplier's fault, or if it was because of a tsunami in southeast Asia. My product wasn't delivered in the time frame promised, I want a refund. And no, you don't get to skim cream off the top. Yifu is refunding 100%. I want my 100% refund.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:58:32 AM

Answered your own question there bud.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing, is it? He's talking about the people who ordered assembly services from him, vs the people who just ordered chips. But then, you're an idiot, so, yeah...

jasinlee

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:04:38 AM

Someone on the Internet disagrees with me...guess that makes me an idiot. If you wanted a 100% refund you should probably have bought 10k chips on your own. A mans gotta eat.

badalien

Activity: 540

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 11:39:37 AM

where are the chips from today, Yifu said, chips a delivered at wednesday, or is this a mistake from me,
weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:50:27 AM

where are the chips from today, Yifu said, chips a delivered at wednesday, or is this a mistake from me,

wednesday already over?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:51:21 AM

also where are the rest of the refunds?

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: