Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:59:43 AM

Yifu I know you are very busy but any update on the status of the refunds requested over 1 month ago would be most appreciated. Thanks

Avalon honours refunds  Huh
I thought you just have to wait for the chips when they are ready to ship...

In a week or two, it won't even be "break even" time, when you consider assembly, etc. Avalon had better address this. And BFL is close to being in the same boat.
Makes me wonder about the prices rising on GOX. An investment? A connection? They just got bought more time...

I think it's obvious, BFL recently announced their "omg uber super doopa machiiiine" only payable in BTC.
So a whole new breed of fools are buying up thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin in hope that if they buy first, they'll be the lucky ones who actually see product (and to hell with everyone else who gets raped).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AsicShill

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:43:37 PM

Yifu I know you are very busy but any update on the status of the refunds requested over 1 month ago would be most appreciated. Thanks

Avalon honours refunds  Huh

The refunds being referred to are the Avalon batch 3 orders that were promised in May and were priced at > 1BTC/GHs.  Even Yifu felt embarrassed about charging so much and being so late, so he promised refunds if desired.  Some took them... some didn't.  So far only 1 refund has been processed and the rest have been waiting... now at 5 weeks late.
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:25:39 PM

Avalon honours refunds  Huh

The refunds being referred to are the Avalon batch 3 orders that were promised in May and were priced at > 1BTC/GHs.  Even Yifu felt embarrassed about charging so much and being so late, so he promised refunds if desired.  Some took them... some didn't.  So far only 1 refund has been processed and the rest have been waiting... now at 5 weeks late.

Thats the tactic,

Deliver 1 (avalon batch 1, zefir batch 1, refunds, im alive etc.) to collect money and time money. And let the rest go to hell Smiley
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:55:35 PM

For those of you who think it is easy to order chips and that YiFu could easily have done better and cheaper, I offer a challenge:

Make it so.

I think many of you a missing the boat here. It's REALLY not about the time so much as it is the complete lack of information, plus the behind-the-scenes activity that is readily apparent, but not mentioned.
All YiFu has to do is make an effort to keep everyone up to date on where things stand at any given point in time.

Week 1: "Ordered chips with XYZ @ TSMC" Dated: xx-xx-2013
Week 2: "All/some batches of chips are being slated for production on xx-xx-2013"
Week 3: "Orders continue to come in, I am working to get them filled by TSMC/other company. Got a strange letter today, looks like it might be an extortion attempt."
Week 4: "TSMC is having problems with XYZ, chips may be delayed 1-2 weeks."
Week 5: "Batch 1 is still on schedule, but batches XYZ look like they will be 2 weeks later. Sorry, it's out of my hands right now."
Week 6: "Batch 1 to be completed this week, should ship to us next week."
Week 7: "Batch 1 had a little problem, will ship to us this week still, but not as early as I hoped. Some team members are not playing nicelt with each other."
Week 8: "Batch 1 is here, but we are being harassed by the local mafia. Need to figure out how to deal with them and ship our chips."

You get the point. If he had done this, I would have literally zero problem with delays. Now if the same delay or same issues keeping causing delays, that obviously would be a different case. When you provide no customer feedback and things go wrong/late and then post after the fact; it is a serious blow to credibility. Then when it is obvious that you are "viewing" this forum and choosing NOT to respond; well... I don't know what is considered a massive insult in Asian cultures, but to me it is clearly insulting that he would bother reading all the posts and just ignore us.
I am led to believe it has been the vocal among us that has provoked YiFu to "do" something. You can surmise otherwise, but thanks to those who have let YiFu know how this has impacted you. Yeah it's business, but it started as a community first.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:47:38 PM

One place to check how late AVALON is in terms of chips delivery.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277198.0

Feel free to add those you know, which I didn't list already.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:09:28 PM

For those of you who think it is easy to order chips and that YiFu could easily have done better and cheaper, I offer a challenge:

Make it so.

I think many of you a missing the boat here. It's REALLY not about the time so much as it is the complete lack of information, plus the behind-the-scenes activity that is readily apparent, but not mentioned.
All YiFu has to do is make an effort to keep everyone up to date on where things stand at any given point in time.

Week 1: "Ordered chips with XYZ @ TSMC" Dated: xx-xx-2013
Week 2: "All/some batches of chips are being slated for production on xx-xx-2013"
Week 3: "Orders continue to come in, I am working to get them filled by TSMC/other company. Got a strange letter today, looks like it might be an extortion attempt."
Week 4: "TSMC is having problems with XYZ, chips may be delayed 1-2 weeks."
Week 5: "Batch 1 is still on schedule, but batches XYZ look like they will be 2 weeks later. Sorry, it's out of my hands right now."
Week 6: "Batch 1 to be completed this week, should ship to us next week."
Week 7: "Batch 1 had a little problem, will ship to us this week still, but not as early as I hoped. Some team members are not playing nicelt with each other."
Week 8: "Batch 1 is here, but we are being harassed by the local mafia. Need to figure out how to deal with them and ship our chips."

You get the point. If he had done this, I would have literally zero problem with delays. Now if the same delay or same issues keeping causing delays, that obviously would be a different case. When you provide no customer feedback and things go wrong/late and then post after the fact; it is a serious blow to credibility. Then when it is obvious that you are "viewing" this forum and choosing NOT to respond; well... I don't know what is considered a massive insult in Asian cultures, but to me it is clearly insulting that he would bother reading all the posts and just ignore us.
I am led to believe it has been the vocal among us that has provoked YiFu to "do" something. You can surmise otherwise, but thanks to those who have let YiFu know how this has impacted you. Yeah it's business, but it started as a community first.

I do think that a scheduled weekly announcement would be good both for Yifu and for us, even if it just says 'took time off, did nothing.'

I try to be respectful and informed.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:18:17 PM

I do think that a scheduled weekly announcement would be good both for Yifu and for us, even if it just says 'took time off, did nothing.'

+1

But more importantly, he should ship or refund what he owes.  End of story.
He has been late by more than 30 days on everything he shipped.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:19:36 PM

Strictly speaking that would be false, since he would not do nothing - he would at least do an announcement. This way he can really do nothing.
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:32:06 PM

I think we'll get a new announcement in a couple of days..

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:33:19 PM

I think we'll get a new announcement in a couple of days..

Or maybe not: http://firsttoknow.com/couple-fall-out-of-window-to-their-death-while-making-love/?utm_campaign=couple-fall-out-of-windo-47525&utm_source=o_tw
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:34:42 PM

Refunding the chip buy doesn't really work now since so many DIY groups bought parts to assemble so what are they going to do with those with a chip refund?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:39:21 PM

Refunding the chip buy doesn't really work now since so many DIY groups bought parts to assemble so what are they going to do with those with a chip refund?
Half a price for chips, or even REFUND and SEND chips same time.
Chips are almost worthless now.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:44:32 PM

Same amount of free Gen 2 chips!

s40ward

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:40:25 PM

Indeed Mr. Griffin.  Well said and well thought out.  Although I have voiced my anger on this thread and others, the anger comes from the conduct and behavior of a person that clearly has not shown the maturity required to work on such projects.  Yifu/Bitsyncom should not bite the hand that has fed them. 

Let us not forget karma.  (cause and effect, repercussions, etc)

This community is very nearly crazy with their digging and reporting.  It would be naive to think one could walk away from this situation, as it is, without being ruined in some way.  Good luck disappearing or trying to escape from this..the only way out is to make it right. 

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:25:22 PM

As mentioned, many people have now money tied on parts to make the full devices, as do we and that's not a small amount of cash for each 10k chip order when you start counting it up, not to mention all the work that went to it.

If I was running Bitsyncom and wanted to prove that there is at least some businessman still inside me and be able to show my face somewhere ever again without getting beaten up, I'd admit defeat with my head up, make sure all orders are shipped and make a partial refund for all orders.

I'm sorry but your post must stop here and realize that BitSyncom doesn't need/deal with regular customers. He does business to business. That's why we who raised them up are the last one in the chips chain.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:30:35 PM

As mentioned, many people have now money tied on parts to make the full devices, as do we and that's not a small amount of cash for each 10k chip order when you start counting it up, not to mention all the work that went to it.

If I was running Bitsyncom and wanted to prove that there is at least some businessman still inside me and be able to show my face somewhere ever again without getting beaten up, I'd admit defeat with my head up, make sure all orders are shipped and make a partial refund for all orders.

I'm sorry but your post must stop here and realize that BitSyncom doesn't need/deal with regular customers. He does business to business. That's why we who raised them up are the last one in the chips chain.

That would be good too, as we are a business and made the order from them as a business, not as a regular person.
Regardless - waiting like everyone else...

The same way TMSC doesn't care about small businesses BitSyncom doesn't care about us. I said it before and i will say it again: compare the number of chips sold here on the forum with the number of chips sold outside of the forum and then you will see why we don't matter.

cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:13:40 AM

A man who has the spine to say he made mistakes and take responsibility to fix the situation is a man who I would respect.
A man who hides in silence and makes everybody's life miserable is as professional as a pink bunny, and get's nothing but disrespect from me.

A partial refund is not going to run Bitsyncom pennyless, however it would help a great deal in continued and healthy work with the Bitcoin community, which to my memory was at some point very important to Yifu et al.

The price per chip wasn't based on a 30% markup anyway, it was determined by other kind of reasoning and I think I'm not far by assuming that the markup was in the 100's of percents in comparison to the real manufacturing costs per chip.

Even if Bitsyncom would give a substantial refund for all chip orders, they'd not be dead as a company - money-wise.
However it would make a great difference in how the community views Bitsyncom in the future.

Yifu, I have a feeling you're reading this while drinking your latte somewhere with a smirk on your face.

I've been running companies since 1994 and I recognize many amateur faults that you guys have done since you started your operation.
I'm out of fingers to even start counting how many things were somehow screwed up and mishandled. It just all looks like utter inexperience.
You guys have never before run a company, and it's clearly visible.
If you had been working for me and had gotten my company this much bad name and negative speculation, I'd had fired your butt last month and felt good about it.

There' s still much for you to learn about how to run a business, and believe me, this is one of the lessons you need to learn; keeping your customers happy = good business.
The community can make you, but it can also break you, make no mistake in thinking otherwise.

I know it may feel like 'money in the bank' when you have lots of cash from pre-orders - more than you've ever seen in your life.
It can mix your thoughts, understandably make you feel 'bulletproof', like you're on top of the world.
The last rookie mistake in this point is to get arrogant, to think that you know it all, and you've got no responsibility - you already have their money so who cares, right?
"Let them get their crap when --I-- feel like it."

However, the money you have came with a great responsibility.
Greater than what you may even realize at this point. Or maybe you really are just realizing it and it's starting to put some crushing pressure on you.
Responsibility to your customers, people who have put their -trust- on you to provide them something that could even potentially change their lives.

Once you lose that trust, it's not something that can be 'shoveled back in the furnace' just by announcing that you'll soon have some new crap to sell.
If you really are online every day and reading the forums, then you clearly have time to do what's right.
Please grow up as a true businessman and try to find in yourself the spirit to do the right thing - many people are counting on you, don't let them down.
By doing what you may now fear to do, could possibly still get you out of woods.
Sure, it may hurt a bit, that's the price of learning.
Then again - think about how much more you can get by keeping people happy.

There's still a way to make yourself look like a winner - do it!

Very well said sir! I agree completely. The sad thing is that he could still recover partially, but refuses to do so.

BTW, This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen:
"A man who hides in silence and makes everybody's life miserable is as professional as a pink bunny"

LOL and Bravo!

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
derr777

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:31:35 AM

that made me laugh too... gotta love translation..

donations; BTC: 1KN24ZhL3PW1Rq5f48PAaEdyv4iKHdUXnr
LTC: LTyKRd9dCtKDAxUo41k2ZShuMfzkzhxc2V
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:01:10 AM

Yifu just logged in again and again we where to low on his list of "priority's"...... to get a post/news update / lie
Last Login Biggest Dushbag 2013 in the Bitcoin Scene: August 20, 2013, 09:59:25 AM

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
twisted

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:08:05 AM

Yifu just logged in again and again we where to low on his list of "priority's"...... to get a post/news update / lie
Last Login Biggest Dushbag 2013 in the Bitcoin Scene: August 20, 2013, 09:59:25 AM

I think that's his local time...
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: