Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:20:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:00:26 AM

In the real world when people don't meet deadlines they pay for the damages.

That's not always true.  Generalizations like this are not helpful.  The bigger the deadline the more wiggle room is usually built in.  Two weeks is really not a ridiculous delay, and anyone with good business sense understands that large projects have large unforeseen problems.  Not anticipating some kind of hiccup is the sign of a bad businessman.  When you are dealing with this kind of money, not at least calculating the risk of a delay (especially with someone at the helm who's never run this scope of a project before) is doing yourself a disservice.  Seriously, who here DIDN'T expect at least a little delay?  Batch #1 #2 and #3 all experienced delays.  

The vitriol and anger spilling out of this thread is extremely telling.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:01:45 AM

None of this matters. Either Avalon contracted to deliver by a certain date or it didn't. If it missed that date it violated contract and can be legally held liable for damages and missing product. You are trying to frame it as if it all no big deal and everyone should just give up on trying to pursue any course of action to rectify the damages - just relax and let it all go. In the real world when people don't meet deadlines they pay for the damages.

you are doing a disservice to the Avalon customers - trying to get them to stay quiet.
You probably need to brush up on the enforcement of contracts in China.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:02:19 AM

There is nothing unique about these delays reported all across the Bitcoin mining industry as it's what we see also see in the 'real world'. 

Companies set deadlines and targets and issue statements which they genuinely believe to be accurate but due to unforseen circumstances are unable to honour.

The only difference is that in the 'real world' I might be getting angry because the roof hasn't arrived for the house I'm building, but the pool table has already.

Or, I might get angry because the Christmas present I wanted to give my wife is stuck in some sorting office somewhere until after New Year.

How we chose to conduct ourselves when we face adversity is what defines us.

lol you compared getting a delay on gift with a stable value of a few weeks to getting delays of months on a rapidly declining value product.  

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:03:58 AM

There is nothing unique about these delays reported all across the Bitcoin mining industry as it's what we see also see in the 'real world'. 

Companies set deadlines and targets and issue statements which they genuinely believe to be accurate but due to unforseen circumstances are unable to honour.

The only difference is that in the 'real world' I might be getting angry because the roof hasn't arrived for the house I'm building, but the pool table has already.

Or, I might get angry because the Christmas present I wanted to give my wife is stuck in some sorting office somewhere until after New Year.

None of this matters. Either Avalon contracted to deliver by a certain date or it didn't. If it missed that date it violated contract and can be legally held liable for damages and missing product. You are trying to frame it as if it all no big deal and everyone should just give up on trying to pursue any course of action to rectify the damages - just relax and let it all go. In the real world when people don't meet deadlines they pay for the damages.

you are doing a disservice to the Avalon customers - trying to get them to stay quiet.

I disagree with you.  The only injustice I see here is a small group of people venting their anger and attempting to frame a Bitcoin start-up simply because it's late in delivering goods.

Not every country in the 'real world' has a policy of sueing each other just becuse they feel hard done by.  

I've seen this over and over again.  Mark my words, very soon this will all be forgotten and instead the angry voices will simply move on to another target.

As I said, 'How we chose to conduct ourselves in the face of adversity is what defines us.'

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:06:18 AM

Why do people keep saying CHINA?  Bitsyncom is a USA corporation, incorporated in the state of Nevada.  It is NOT a chinese company.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:06:39 AM

lol you compared getting a delay on gift with a stable value of a few weeks to getting delays of months on a rapidly declining value product.  

In the same way my house with no roof is going to survive the winter?

dmcdad

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:09:30 AM

I disagree with you.  The only injustice I see here is a small group of people venting their anger and attempting to frame a Bitcoin start-up simply because it's late in delivering goods.

Not every country in the 'real world' has a policy of sueing each other just becuse they feel hard done by.  

I've seen this over and over again.  Mark my words, very soon this will all be forgotten and instead the angry voices will simply move on to another target.

As I said, 'How we chose to conduct ourselves in the face of adversity is what defines us.'
Wow. I just don't even know where to start. Seriously take a look at the evidence presented throughout these forums that BitSyncom has: 1) sold our pre-ordered chips to someone else, 2) been mining with customers' equipment, and 3) is using Chinese mafia + customs hangups as an excuse to screw customers here out of *millions* of dollars. I don't have time to point out all the threads and evidence, but I suggest you read it, analyze it, and then read BitSyncom's lame excuses. If, after all that, you believe BitSyncom's side of the story, then you are a much bigger fool than I.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:09:51 AM

Dude if you hand contractually agreed to have a roof over your house for winter and through what appeared to be negligence, inappropriate behaviour, and a wall of silence leaving you destitute and with uninhabitable living conditions, trust me, you'd be pissed.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:11:38 AM

In the real world when people don't meet deadlines they pay for the damages.

That's not always true.  Generalizations like this are not helpful.  The bigger the deadline the more wiggle room is usually built in.  Two weeks is really not a ridiculous delay, and anyone with good business sense understands that large projects have large unforeseen problems.  Not anticipating some kind of hiccup is the sign of a bad businessman.  When you are dealing with this kind of money, not at least calculating the risk of a delay (especially with someone at the helm who's never run this scope of a project before) is doing yourself a disservice.  Seriously, who here DIDN'T expect at least a little delay?  Batch #1 #2 and #3 all experienced delays.  

The vitriol and anger spilling out of this thread is extremely telling.  

There is no wiggle room when the object of the contract is time-sensitive. It has been and will be more than a two-week delay and these products are extremely time-sensitive. Whether or not you think that good business sense dictates that there could be a delay does not justify the delay in the legal sense.

Your shilling is extremely telling.

Why do people keep saying CHINA?  Bitsyncom is a USA corporation, incorporated in the state of Nevada.  It is NOT a chinese company.
Because they are trying to make excuses for Avalon and Bitsyncom for whom they shill. They want to redirect/absorb the emotions and delay/prevent any actions against Bitsyncom and Avalon.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:15:16 AM

Dude if you hand contractually agreed to have a roof over your house for winter and through what appeared to be negligence, inappropriate behaviour, and a wall of silence leaving you destitute and with uninhabitable living conditions, trust me, you'd be pissed.

Of course I would be pissed, IF I made the incorrect assumption that which you describe.  But what if they guy came knocking and told me he had a legitimate reason for going off the grid?

I want to see the evidence to support these claims.  Is that too much to ask?

dmcdad

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:16:58 AM

Of course I would be pissed, IF I made the incorrect assumption that which you describe.  But what if they guy came knocking and told me he had a legitimate reason for going off the grid?

I want to see the evidence to support these claims.  Is that too much to ask?
The evidence is all over the place, but your shill blinders won't let you see it.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:22:55 AM

Why do people keep saying CHINA?  Bitsyncom is a USA corporation, incorporated in the state of Nevada.  It is NOT a chinese company.
Because their press releases say "partners in mainland China" and that's where the gear is coming from.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:31:32 AM

The only evidence I've seen is the images from the last page.

So the first tonne of chips went from China to Hong Kong, China.

Is that one flight all the evidence of the shipping journey we have?

Could the chips be being held by Hong Kong customs since the end of that first flight?

If Avalon had been ripped off somehow, would they be able to make it public knowledge?  Would they instead attempt to send out another delivery to fullfill those missed orders, hoping to catch up as soon as they could?  Would they be so bad after all, if that were the case?

What other evidence is there please?

Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:40:12 AM

Could the chips be being held by Hong Kong customs since the end of that first flight?

If Avalon had been ripped off somehow, would they be able to make it public knowledge?  Would they instead attempt to send out another delivery to fullfill those missed orders, hoping to catch up as soon as they could?  Would they be so bad after all, if that were the case?

If they were ripped-off and tried to fulfill missing orders without telling everyone what actually happened and not stated what they were doing to correct the "theft" then that is a problem.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:43:29 AM

If Avalon had been ripped off somehow, would they be able to make it public knowledge?  Would they instead attempt to send out another delivery to fullfill those missed orders, hoping to catch up as soon as they could?  Would they be so bad after all, if that were the case?

If they were ripped-off and tried to fulfill missing orders without telling everyone what actually happened and not stated what they were doing to correct the "theft" then that is a problem.

Agreed.  If true, perhaps time will tell.

EDIT:  corrupt gov officials or mafia?  Certainly a good enough reason to keep things hush hush.  Wink

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:55:36 AM

More chips?   When?

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:17:38 AM

We need to stop doing business in China. There are chip manufacturers elsewhere, there are probably a couple in the US. Pay the little bit extra.
dyseac

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:22:16 AM

We need to stop doing business in China. There are chip manufacturers elsewhere, there are probably a couple in the US. Pay the little bit extra.

Agreed.

Chinese typically have little values when it comes to customer service. All they give a fuck about at the end of the day is making a dollar and will try to take it any which way they can.
Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:34:10 AM

Agreed.

Chinese typically have little values when it comes to customer service. All they give a fuck about at the end of the day is making a dollar and will try to take it any which way they can.
And they will steal your tech and run-off extra batches for their black-market customers.
dmcdad

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:05:45 AM

Agreed.  If true, perhaps time will tell.

EDIT:  corrupt gov officials or mafia?  Certainly a good enough reason to keep things hush hush.  Wink
I see... so folks thinking that BitSyncom sold the chips to the highest bidder and screwed everyone is spreading a "mere conspiracy" in your words, but the Chinese mafia stealing the chips and forcing Yifu to keep it on the down-low makes perfect logical sense.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: