Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:40:46 AM

His fake quote of something I've never said deserves that reply.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142083.0
Not so fake.
Kano hates Avalon and for person reasons and was bought by BFL for the low price of 1 free Jalapeno.
He won't shill the BFL Monarch until they give him one. Rules are rules after all Wink
Completely fake.
Read that thread - though you clearly can't read.
I've been offered an Avalon I think 3 times back around March and each time rejected it.
I don't want one.
I do support the Avalon driver (it's full of code I wrote) but I don't want an Avalon.

As for what BFL gave me, so far 1 Jalapeno and 2 Singles ... though I paid for 1 Single.
Why? Coz that's the reason you can mine on a Jalapeno and a Single with cgminer.

I've also been given an Icarus, a ModMInerQuad, a BlackArrow Lancelot, an AsicMiner USB, an RPi, a BitBurner XX and a Cairnsmore1
So what. They are necessary to support the hardware in cgminer.
The reason I am given them is coz of what I contribute to the companies/people who make them.
I write drivers for them that anyone in the Bitcoin community can use for free if they want.
I also support them for ... years ... to come.
Most people don't donate anything to me. Some do and I am always grateful when they do, but most don't.
Oh well - that's how it is. The hardware resolves that for me.

What do you supply to the bticoin community except a whiny little voice bitching about BFL in threads all over the forum.
Only 4 of your last 60 posts didn't involve whining about BFL.
Only one was possibly worth not deleting.

And yes I have on a few occasions made comment about BFLs chips being the best.
Until recently there was no comparison at all.
Now there are chips on the horizon, but none in available devices yet.
The Avalon chips are crap in comparison, it takes 240 of them to make an Avalon - each chip is slower than an FPGA.
Their advantage is purely that they use less power and nothing more.
Even the Avalon design is the worst of all the devices we support with cgminer.

Of course people do the usual of ignoring what proves them wrong.
My post after I visited BFL before they gave me anything included:
"Most of the above is simply BFL’s inexperience showing through yet again. "

Yeah right I shill for BFL as much as you are useful to this community. Zero.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:44:44 AM

Not so fake.
Kano hates Avalon and for person reasons and was bought by BFL for the low price of 1 free Jalapeno.
He won't shill the BFL Monarch until they give him one. Rules are rules after all Wink
Completely fake.
I've been offered an Avalon I think 3 times back around March and each time rejected it.
I don't want one.
I do support the Avalon driver (it's full of code I wrote) but I don't want an Avalon.

As for what BFL gave me, so far 1 Jalapeno and 2 Singles ... though I paid for 1 Single.
Why? Coz that's the reason you can mine on a Jalapeno and a Single with cgminer.

I've also been given an Icarus, a ModMInerQuad, a BlackArrow Lancelot, an AsicMiner USB, an RPi, a BitBurner XX and a Cairnsmore1
The reason I am given them is coz of what I contribute to the companies/people who make them.
I write drivers for them that anyone in the Bitcoin community can use for free if they want.
Most people don't donate anything to me. Some do and I am always grateful when they do, but most don't.

What do you supply to the bticoin community except a whiny little voice bitching about BFL in threads all over the forum.

The Avalon chips are crap in comparison, it takes 240 of them to make an Avalon - each chip is slower than an FPGA.

You know, you fit the BFL personality profile pretty well. You should see if they've got any openings.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:45:33 AM

Not so fake.
Completely fake.
I don't want one.

Why so much effort to push Avalon over the cliff yet still defending BFL? Hypocrite.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:49:15 AM

You know, you fit the BFL personality profile pretty well. You should see if they've got any openings.
Prove something false in there or that will prove your comment is the major waste of space it is.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:52:18 AM

Prove something false in there or that will prove your comment is the major waste of space it is.

Clearly bias. Doesn't provide same reviews of BFL who have practically held thousands of buyers hostage for nearly a year now. Where is all the outrage for the BFL lies and false promises? Hypocrite.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:24:40 AM

Whether or not it is difficult or Avalon had some troubles that they didn't intend or couldn't foresee is completely irrelevant in the legal sense. They stated they would have the chips within a certain time-frame and they are obligated to that time-frame regardless of what mishaps or unforeseen circumstances transpired. We do not owe them sympathy or a break. If Avalon doesn't want to own up to the risk associated with delivering product on time based upon a contract then they need to get out of the business.

Are you a lawyer?  While I'm not trying to defend Avalon at all, from a legal standpoint simply being late with an order is not a big deal - unless you have a contract specifying exactly how much they're supposed to pay if they don't ship on time, it's unlikely you could win a lawsuit against a supplier simply for being late.

The reality is, people are late with orders all the time.  Normally it isn't nearly as big of a deal.  If normal chips are late by a few months, nothing major happens.  Worst case a new product launch has to be pushed back, and major companies actually plan extra time for delays in designing product schedules.

In the bitcoin world, it's a huge deal.  In the "real" world it's not a big deal and not a big deal legally either.
Thank you for politely head checking this person. I have noticed that (s)he complains a lot and wants to spend more money on lawyers and court fees than helping the bitcoin community ( of which Yifu was a member long before whoever vigil is ). 
I have about 4k riding on this and I remain optomistic because I have been mining for years, and I invested in my ideals rather than to make a quick buck on something that seems to not make a person happy. The concepts behind bitcoin bring more joy and light into me and my thoughts of the future, and that is what I invested in. Not my bank account, not my furrows of worry, but simply to enjoy the ride, and show others that , 'hey this is just a ride, it was meant to be fun and exilerating, have its ups and downs loops and turns....but its just a ride'. I hope everyone that participates in the making or breaking of the bitcoin economy remembers - it's just a ride.

-And Yifu - huge thanks for all the hardWork(fishes)
I have never advocated going as far as court. I have actually stated that we should use an attorney only to force Yifu into face-to-face contact and to reveal what the truth is and arrange compensation plan.

I think you are full of shizzle. You want to dissuade others from pursuing what is in their best interest and protect Yifu. You are here to steal everyone's energy.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:29:59 AM

Clearly bias. Doesn't provide same reviews of BFL who have practically held thousands of buyers hostage for nearly a year now. Where is all the outrage for the BFL lies and false promises? Hypocrite.
Lulz you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Fine you need me to state the blatantly obvious? I will.
Not sure why you need that here in this thread, but anyway ...

Buying a BFL Moth Card (whatever they are called) is a ridiculous risk.
They failed to deliver on time with their FPGAs. They failed to meet the specs of their FPGAs by large margins.
They failed to deliver on time with their ASIC (9 months+) They failed to meet the specs of their ASICs by a large power margin.
Anyone who can't spot the obvious risk of giving them more money at this point in time is of course a complete idiot.

However, there is also the fact that most who bought BFL FPGAs made a profit off them - they were indeed at the top of the list of available FPGAs

There is also the fact that once BFL finally released their ASIC devices, they were (and at the moment still are) the best available devices.
Just damn next to impossible to get coz they are unable to ship them in any timely manner whatsoever.
Even though they missed their power specs, they still have the best available at the moment (but that appears that it will change very soon)
People getting them in the past, today and in the near future will make a profit on them.

Would anyone be silly enough to order a BFL ASIC now? That would of course be a BIG risk.

No I wouldn't give them a cent at the moment for either of their ASIC lines.

However, I'm not ignoring the facts and making up shit to make an already clearly obvious disaster into something else.
You can simply just post facts about BFL and anyone would see the obvious BIG risk of doing business with them at the moment.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:40:18 AM

There is also the fact that once BFL finally released their ASIC devices, they were (and at the moment still are) the best available devices.
Just damn next to impossible to get coz they are unable to ship them in any timely manner whatsoever.
Even though they missed their power specs, they still have the best available at the moment (but that appears that it will change very soon)

What's wrong with bitfury?

kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:45:35 AM

What's wrong with bitfury?
Can you get them yet?

(but that appears that it will change very soon)

over1977v

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:50:17 AM

Would anyone be silly enough to order a BFL ASIC now? That would of course be a BIG risk.

You can simply just post facts about BFL and anyone would see the obvious BIG risk of doing business with them at the moment.

Nice, your not BFL sockpuppet, but this is Avalon fail thread, BFL already has few such threads  Wink
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:56:14 AM

Nice, your not BFL sockpuppet, but this is Avalon fail thread, BFL already has few such threads  Wink
Indeed - I didn't bring up the subject here ...
But I wont usually (though I do sometimes) ignore people who post lies about me.

Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:24:32 AM

I'd have thought the answer to this was obvious. Kano is a developer, and works on making code that works with the hardware. It isn't his concern how long each product took to get to market, rather how well it does the job it was designed for in terms of ease of coding and performance overall.

Reality is that despite the supply issues and whatever you think of BFL, BitSyncom et al, the BFL chips are still superior to the original Avalon chips. For the moment the BFL chips are some of the best on the market, although that is going to change. When the change does come, I'm sure he will be saying that whatever the new thing is on the market is superior to BFL's 65nm chip and hardware in turn.

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF
GandalfG

Activity: 259

Dig your freedom

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:43:37 AM

Not so fake.
Completely fake.
I don't want one.

Why so much effort to push Avalon over the cliff yet still defending BFL? Hypocrite.
With all due respect to work Kano does this after reading many of his posts difficult for me to disagree with the above. In terms of its bias to BFL.

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:47:15 AM

I don't want one.

This sounds to me like an irrational hatred that is blinding you. No one in their right mind would reject "free money" like you are.

Presumably you've contribute similar code that facilitates use of Avalon-based devices as well ?

Cognitive dissonance: You only work on code for items you are given ? Won't work on code for Avalon for your own confusing reasons ?

Spoken like a true shill.

I rest my case.

Finally, as a developer of software that is used across multiple hardware devices, I might recommend against expressing such zeal towards a specific hardware manufacturer. You are essentially pulling the equivalent of Microsoft endorsing AMD over Intel over ARM; something you will never see happen. Microsoft recognizes the benefits of having their software run on as many hardware platforms, and maintaining productive relationships with OEMs.  

You're not making yourself look particularly good either Sad The jabs about a place for you at Butterfly Labs is not far off the mark given a certain personality you are aspiring to emulate.
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:02:37 PM

I don't want one.

This sounds to me like an irrational hatred that is blinding you. No one in their right mind would reject "free money" like you are.

Presumably you've contribute similar code that facilitates use of Avalon-based devices as well ?

Cognitive dissonance: You only work on code for items you are given ? Won't work on code for Avalon for your own confusing reasons ?

Spoken like a true shill.

I rest my case.

Finally, as a developer of software that is used across multiple hardware devices, I might recommend against expressing such zeal towards a specific hardware manufacturer. You are essentially pulling the equivalent of Microsoft endorsing AMD over Intel over ARM; something you will never see happen. Microsoft recognizes the benefits of having their software run on as many hardware platforms, and maintaining productive relationships with OEMs.  

You're not making yourself look particularly good either Sad The jabs about a place for you at Butterfly Labs is not far off the mark given a certain personality you are aspiring to emulate.

Hate to break in to this argument, but Kano clearly stated that he writes drivers for Avalon and if you check cgminer, you will see that is true. cgminer supports Avalon devices. Why aren't you aware of that? Lay off of him. cgminer is an excellent program and it has benefited the bitcoin community greatly. He honestly should charge for it.

Bitsyncom has proven to be unreliable. It's hard to imagine throwing so many people under the bus and then immediately selling your new and improved product. Wow...  Anyway, carry on.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 01:57:18 PM

If the production really would include so many uncertainties in time why didnt Yifu say a word about it? Instead he spoke about 2 weeks in customs for a couple chip batches. If it were true that TSMC, for some reason, had delays then it would be the most normal thing in the world to blame them to change the flow of anger and they are the reason, isnt it?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

If the production really would include so many uncertainties in time why didnt Yifu say a word about it? Instead he spoke about 2 weeks in customs for a couple chip batches. If it were true that TSMC, for some reason, had delays then it would be the most normal thing in the world to blame them to change the flow of anger and they are the reason, isnt it?

But he couldn't as clearly proof exists that chips had arrived in Bitsyncom's obsession on June 25th.

Unless that was a customs officer taking photos of all the boxes and their contents of chips.

A customs office clearly did not take photos of those chips received 9 weeks ago.

This appears to contradict any 'official' message.

I don't want to believe Yifu is lying, but the evidence against is compelling to say he least, and Yifu is choosing not to address this.

As Kano speaks Chinese, which people seem to be forgetting whilst derailing his original statements, Kano has actually read the BTCman thread. So in this case do not shoot the messenger as that thread seems to tell you a lot more of what may have happened, than what's currently left of Bitsyncom themselves.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:17:21 PM

Indeed - I didn't bring up the subject here ...
But I wont usually (though I do sometimes) ignore people who post lies about me.

Jealousy comes in different faces Kano.. Of course, you should not pay for products that manufacturers wants to be supported by your software. And liking a fully working and delivered hardware is one thing. Getting it another. I also believe the bfl to be very solid, if you could get one for a reasonable price on hand.
I think your doing a great job. Myself are waiting for a bunch of bitburners made.. whenever that will become delivered.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:28:34 PM

With all due respect to work Kano does this after reading many of his posts difficult for me to disagree with the above. In terms of its bias to BFL.
Personally I do not understand all the animosity toward someone that provides the community with something we all need and does it a cost to people that is far below market (most of you get it for free and if you are insinuating that at $249 Jally is a pay off for hours and hours of work, you have no idea what it costs to get someone to code for you).   So what that he likes BFL's product?   Who cares?   He is in this market and has opinions.   Personally, I like ferraris and think they are pieces of art and think lambos are obscene pieces of shit.   Does that make me a shill for ferrari?   He is in the market, has an opinion (that will probably change over time if anyone does anything close to what they are claiming is possible) just like you and I have an opinion.
Do not dismiss what he says just because he likes something that you do not.   That it is just plain stupid.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:54:13 PM

The truth always comes out.  We will know, later.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: