Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:25:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:59:54 PM

Depending on what was the total number of chips ordered through the forum
what shuld be our next move?

http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm
this one?
http://www.interpol.int/Contact-INTERPOL
or this one?
http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/

at the moment of writing, another 130k chips have gone out, and will proceed to ship more as we get them. ( and no, they are not samples.)

WTF "as we get them" means? how come he don't care about answering any question at all?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:59:59 PM

The sound the group buy leaders make...(silence). Why?
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:08:48 AM

at the moment of writing, another 130k chips have gone out, and will proceed to ship more as we get them. ( and no, they are not samples.)

@BitSyncom - In my opinion, GO F*CK YOURSELF! And I hope you and your associates get whats coming to them; a slew of lawsuits!

I don't want to upset anyone here and that was not my intention.  I apologise if I have done so.

I simply wanted to share an outsiders perspective by commenting on the lack of maturity and levels of unnecessary aggression in the hope that some contributors thought twice before doing so again.

I too have a vested interest in receiving Avalon chips.  I would hope that $10,000 would be a small fraction of what I could stand to gain if they get here soon enough.

EDIT: and there is no shame being a old gamer!  Wink

in my opinion one of the reasons you see aggression is because most recent bitcoiners came into this with some fiat but likely an amount they were willing to risk but a lot of the older users spent a large amount of their stash that was built up through years of hard mining with hot burning rooms of GPUs needing constant attention and in a flash got boned by someone they thought was on of them.  This is common in a lot of scams where people tend to forget that it's irrelevant that you share a common interest.  In the end you put a lot of money in front of someone and problems will occur and it may not even be yufu or whoever it's just once large sums start floating around temptations will be plentiful.

Could someone post a link regarding this as I fear I may be lagging behind up to date info on this scam.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:12:29 AM

I've seen lots of wild accusations and aimless anger, without any hard proof that Avalon have done anything wrong. There are always risks with customs, manufacture etc.; the delivery date was always a target - not guaranteed. Everyone needs to calm down: no one was promised ROI.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:14:06 AM

Because they know that anything said against BitSyncom means their delivery will be delayed.
Quite understandable.
They've been put into a very difficult position and the only real way out for them is to get the chips as fast as possible.
Risking being given more delays on purpose due to commenting badly about Avalon would not really be a good idea.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:14:24 AM

I've seen lots of wild accusations and aimless anger, without any hard proof that Avalon have done anything wrong. There are always risks with customs, manufacture etc.; the delivery date was always a target - not guaranteed. Everyone needs to calm down: no one was promised ROI.
... except what happened to all the chips from June ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:21:33 AM

This isn't true. The group buys were guaranteed the chips within 9-10 weeks of purchase.

Because they know that anything said against BitSyncom means their delivery will be delayed.
Quite understandable.
They've been put into a very difficult position and the only real way out for them is to get the chips as fast as possible.
Risking being given more delays on purpose due to commenting badly about Avalon would not really be a good idea.
Nonsense. Bitsyncom is not going to further delay chips if the group buy leaders get a lawyer to force Yifu into face-to-face talks and get real answers. Everything you said is total crap, there is no threat of further delays by requiring Bitsyncom to fess-up the facts.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:23:01 AM

Their biggest crime has been and still is, lack of communication.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:28:21 AM

Their biggest crime has and is, lack of communication.

A common critcism in a world where people expect instant gratification.  Whatever happened to, 'no news is good news'?

Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:28:45 AM

Everyone trying to make purchasers feel guilty for "risking" money, claim that Avalon hasn't really done anything wrong, calling people crybabies, claiming there were no guarantees on delivery dates, etc. might as well be the thieves mining with our chips.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:41:48 AM

There is nothing unique about these delays reported all across the Bitcoin mining industry as it's what we see also see in the 'real world'. 

Companies set deadlines and targets and issue statements which they genuinely believe to be accurate but due to unforseen circumstances are unable to honour.

The only difference is that in the 'real world' I might be getting angry because the roof hasn't arrived for the house I'm building, but the pool table has already.

Or, I might get angry because the Christmas present I wanted to give my wife is stuck in some sorting office somewhere until after New Year.

How we chose to conduct ourselves when we face adversity is what defines us.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:43:58 AM

Quite understandable.

Yeah,like a "forced refund" ala BFL style  Cheesy  "You talk crap,refund for you!!!!!!!!"  Grin

Then they are in limbo land until the refund is sent,which may take many BFLyears  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:45:42 AM

There is nothing unique about these delays reported all across the Bitcoin mining industry as it's what we see also see in the 'real world'. 

Companies set deadlines and targets and issue statements which they genuinely believe to be accurate but due to unforseen circumstances are unable to honour.

The only difference is that in the 'real world' I might be getting angry because the roof hasn't arrived for the house I'm building, but the pool table has already.

Or, I might get angry because the Christmas present I wanted to give my wife is stuck in some sorting office somewhere until after New Year.

Lulz, it's not about delayed shipments due to customs
Yes you can live in a whole in the ground and pretend that's what it's about ...
If customs was the real reason he could easily prove that.
It's the issue ... again ... of what happened to the chips they had ... and who they sold them to.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:48:13 AM

Yes you can live in a whole in the ground and pretend that's what it's about ...
It's the issue ... again ... of what happened to the chips they had ... and who they sold them to.

mere conspiracy

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:49:09 AM

Bare in mind Kano reads Chinese and has read the BTCman thread.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:51:28 AM

Not sure if this is a joke.  If it is not I'd suggest it's one man's opinion and not gospel. lulz

Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:54:03 AM

None of this matters. Either Avalon contracted to deliver by a certain date or it didn't. If it missed that date it violated contract and can be legally held liable for damages and missing product. You are trying to frame it as if it all no big deal and everyone should just give up on trying to pursue any course of action to rectify the damages - just relax and let it all go. In the real world when people don't meet deadlines they pay for the damages.

you are doing a disservice to the Avalon customers - trying to get them to stay quiet.
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:55:34 AM

This isn't true. The group buys were guaranteed the chips within 9-10 weeks of purchase.

Could you link me this guarantee, please?

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:58:50 AM

Not sure if this is a joke.  If it is not I'd suggest it's one man's opinion and not gospel. lulz

This is the tracking for those Avalon 2.1 million chips received at the end of June;

That's a 853Kg pallet of chips.

From Pudong Airport - PVG / ZSPD - Shanghai, China, to Hong Kong Airport - HKG / VHHH - Hong Kong, China

8 Weeks ago.

http://imgur.com/a/GR0e3

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Vigil

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:59:36 AM

Could you link me this guarantee, please?

The "no bullshit " contract was posted here multiple times.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: