Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:29:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:58:11 AM

How about starting a BTCT stock to raise funds for legal action against Avalon.
The action this stock would get would be incredible..

I believe it is illegal to do this in Texas.  We brought a wrongful death lawsuit in Colorado, and that was one avenue we considered to pay the legal fees.  

We represented ourselves pro se in the Federal court of appeals out of Denver.  We won several points on the appeal, by the way.

With my own past experience, I can't recommend that you pursue a lawsuit.

Sorry, but what does this have to do with Texas?  Is Avalon based there?

It may be illegal in other US states.  I don't have experience in them.  There may be people who are living in Texas who want to join this lawsuit.  They should learn more.

Why does the "money" have to be raised in the US? I am quite confident that many of us outside the US could help organize something on bitfunder  that could be then be DONATED to a different group stateside to run the lawsuit. No? Many many many ways to get around these US 'restrictions'.

1. BOYCOTT AVALON.
2. DEMAND REFUNDS.
3. START LEGAL FUND / LEGAL ACTION COLLECTIVELY & INDIVIDUALLY.
4. WHERE ARE THE CHIPS / TRACKING INFO YIFU?
5. WHEN ARE THE CHIPS SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE YIFU?

That is what we as group buy leaders need to be doing in no specific order or to the exclusion of any other points. If we put pressure on Avalon on all these fronts something will eventually give. We will see movement they can't worm out of this given that broad based approach.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmax_ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:22:23 AM

Yesterday I was eating some chips, I think they will arrive in my toilet today.
I wouldn't count on any other kind of chip-like things to arrive the next days.

Perhaps Yifu also likes them as much as me and therefore we only get shit from him.

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:55:19 AM

Yesterday I was eating some chips, I think they will arrive in my toilet today.
I wouldn't count on any other kind of chip-like things to arrive the next days.

Perhaps Yifu also likes them as much as me and therefore we only get shit from him.

hahahahahahhahahh   +1
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:09:26 AM

hahahahahahhahahh   +1

good to see some positive emotions in here  Grin

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:48:08 AM

is there any evidence that the chips were actually sold to a higher bidder? or are people just running rampant with speculation?
tiros

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Just another miner

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:51:48 AM

is there any evidence that the chips were actually sold to a higher bidder? or are people just running rampant with speculation?

So far I saw no evidence for such a claim.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:59:58 AM

Yifu is communicating now as much as he did during the Batch #2 fulfillment period.  This cannot be a surprise.  These chips are late, but so was Batch #1 and Batch #2.  This knowledge was in front of you when you made the purchase.  Tell me what answer you will give to the judge when he says "Isn't that curious.  Tell me why you thought he would ship on time this time?"

This.

I for one fully expected some delay.  I am kind of surprised at the amount of venom oozing from this thread.  The delays are now getting kind of ridiculous and some good will compensation would be welcome from Yifu's side, but you all seem SO distraught by a delay that was pretty easily predicted.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:14:46 AM

I have a question. Before the Batch 2 or 3 (can't recall) we saw pics with new SMT line and they said that everything will run smoothly and batches will go out very very fast. What happened with the SMT line? Was it a pure BFL style lie or what?

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:20:28 AM

There seems to be a disconnect between a few days to a week and 60 days late with something as simple as chips vs a complete mining rig. Given that the excuses provided do not seem to add up, coupled with a NO REFUND policy that has little or no legal basis I think there are many legitimate claims to be made against Avalon and to sit back and wait for Yifu not to respond seems the least desirable action to take.

How about we put this in simple terms.

Avalon needs to either shit the chips out fast as they can because legal action is going to happen and given how late they are with the chips it would be smart for the community to take this chip shipping failure as a sign they are not even capable of a relatively simple chip fabrication, box and ship delivery and should be AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE in future.

There is clearly a lot more riding on these chips than just a few hundred orders rather 1000s of people are dependant on these chips arriving Just in Time. At this point they have lost most if not all their credibility in this community given the stakes that are involved. 9 million in chips and countless millions in parts and labour that have been lost so far. They have pretty much crippled DIY projects entirely so sorry they do deserve to be called out. Racial remarks and threats of violence of course are not warranted at any time but a good old fashioned hey assholes get your shit together and ship the fucking product or else we are going to get lawyers working on this works for me. We will raise a holy stink and we will try wherever possible to disrupt your future business until you respond to our questions, support tickets as well as forum posts because the alternative is having 0 real information without any evidence to support the fact the chips actually exist that we have ordered.

At this point there is no need to play nice and be all warm and fuzzy with Yifu or Avalon it is time to drag him by the scruff of the neck figuratively and ask him point blank what are you going to do to FIX the mess you have caused?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:22:16 AM

Yifu is communicating now as much as he did during the Batch #2 fulfillment period.  This cannot be a surprise.  These chips are late, but so was Batch #1 and Batch #2.  This knowledge was in front of you when you made the purchase.  Tell me what answer you will give to the judge when he says "Isn't that curious.  Tell me why you thought he would ship on time this time?"

This.

I for one fully expected some delay.  I am kind of surprised at the amount of venom oozing from this thread.  The delays are now getting kind of ridiculous and some good will compensation would be welcome from Yifu's side, but you all seem SO distraught by a delay that was pretty easily predicted.

well but here is huge difference between chips and working units. for working unit, you need PCBs, PSU, case, controller, lot of various cables and somebody, who will take all this parts together.

for chips, you just need place an order to 3rd party vendor, agree lead time with him and once will be done simple resend the package to other address. Tell me stupid or naive, but I really don't expect 2 months delay for this simple task.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:35:07 AM

Quote of the Day award goesssssss to Bicknellski

Avalon needs to either shit the chips out fast as they can

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 12:25:17 PM

This.

I for one fully expected some delay.  I am kind of surprised at the amount of venom oozing from this thread.  The delays are now getting kind of ridiculous and some good will compensation would be welcome from Yifu's side, but you all seem SO distraught by a delay that was pretty easily predicted.

well but here is huge difference between chips and working units. for working unit, you need PCBs, PSU, case, controller, lot of various cables and somebody, who will take all this parts together.

for chips, you just need place an order to 3rd party vendor, agree lead time with him and once will be done simple resend the package to other address. Tell me stupid or naive, but I really don't expect 2 months delay for this simple task.

This.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:57:01 PM

Or this?
< ozbot> 50810339.04828 | Next Diff in 200 blocks | Estimated Change: 28.9747% in 0d 23h 33m 12s

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:15:13 PM

This.

I for one fully expected some delay.  I am kind of surprised at the amount of venom oozing from this thread.  The delays are now getting kind of ridiculous and some good will compensation would be welcome from Yifu's side, but you all seem SO distraught by a delay that was pretty easily predicted.
Whether you expected a delay or not is irrelevant, Yifu contracted to have the chips delivered by a certain time - that is all that matters. He is obligated to that date regardless of what happened.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:30:35 PM

Dude, they pre-mined the crap out of Batch #2. That's why there was no communication as they delayed as much as possible.

They mined until the units turned up covered internally with dust and preconfigured to pools. Way beyond that of 'testing'. It was so noticeable, that they had to halt sending the dust coated pre-configured pre-mined silver units and re-start Batch #2 shipping, sending out fresh black ones that were intended for Batch #3 orders.

Hence the obscene delay in Batch #3.

C'mon man, be fair, this behaviour is inexcusable.

I want to believe this wasn't the case, but look at the evidence. At this point ignoring the subject will not help.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:47:42 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 02:59:20 PM by bitcoiner49er

Any evidence (blockchain addresses) points to YiFu using the chips to mine for his/Avalon's personal gain.

*YiFu orders 30,000 chips*
"Hmmm, I sure could mine a lot of bitcoin with those chips. Yeah, let's do this. OK everyone; I want every 5th Avalon unit made for customers. The other 4 go to the mining farm."

*Answers phone*
"What? No, sorry, I haven't heard anything about the chips you ordered. There can be delays when you deal with a multi-billion dollar company that produces millions of chips everyday. Yes, I'll be sure to update you."

Oh yeah, email sent to Brent Davidson

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:57:18 PM

Dude, they pre-mined the crap out of Batch #2. That's why there was no communication as they delayed as much as possible.

They mined until the units turned up covered internally with dust and preconfigured to pools. Way beyond that of 'testing'. It was so noticeable, that they had to halt sending the dust coated pre-configured pre-mined silver units and re-start Batch #2 shipping, sending out fresh black ones that were intended for Batch #3 orders.

Hence the obscene delay in Batch #3.

C'mon man, be fair, this behaviour is inexcusable.

I want to believe this wasn't the case, but look at the evidence. At this point ignoring the subject will not help.

In the context of pursuing a lawsuit, the important question is "will a judge believe this."

I try to be respectful and informed.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:00:28 PM

That's not the story that would be presented to the judge, obviously.

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:21:53 PM

no lawsuits in the works? i'm surprised

doesn't matter what happened - what Avalon did caused financial loss due to them not holding their end of the contract.
100% the judge will rule against them. depending on what actually happened they could be prosecuted for criminal fraud and go to jail.
i guarantee that it is much better for yifu to partially refund and come out CLEAN about what happened than have it all be discovered in the court of law.

ok
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:29:09 PM

Or this?
< ozbot> 50810339.04828 | Next Diff in 200 blocks | Estimated Change: 28.9747% in 0d 23h 33m 12s

Ack! Sad

That's gonna leave a mark.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: