Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:45:24 PM

I think we'll get a new announcement in a couple of days..
Edit: Lucky

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:05:27 PM

It's almost as if they've hired someone to write up the most meaningless "updates" possible. Or maybe it just comes naturally...

I wonder if Yifuk has considered a career in politics?

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:19:56 PM

From http://www.avalon-asics.com

story so far - 8/19

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed.

If this is true, many folks on this forum should start receiving chips in the next week or two.

Is he saying there needs to be "testing" done on the chips??...

Bunch of lies as always.
"testing" lol he is trying to lie that they will take each chip out of the tray and 'test' it and then put it back into tray and ship to us.
What is this I don't even...
How hard to understand for ppl do not have a clue about technology.
I try translate it for you:
Various companies take wafer from TSMC cut, packing (assembly silicon structure in the QFN48 package)  and testing.

I have an understanding of some aspects of technology... and understand that 'technology' is a pretty large term which encompasses many different types of 'technology'.  I assume you are saying people here do not understand the chip manufacturing process?   Explain why you do?   It seems like TSMC's states this on their website:

We will strive to provide excellent semiconductor manufacturing services for worldwide customers and establish mutually beneficial, long-term partnership.

We will spread dedication to quality to every facet of the company and achieve a culture of continuous improvement to assure customer satisfaction. There is only one ultimate goal: Zero defect - in everything we do.

We will adopt expedient containment programs to shield our customers from any defects until each has been eliminated. We all share the responsibilities to achieve this goal.

Sounds like the words of a company that tests their stuff before sending out... but I obviously was not involved in Avalon's ordering process, what they paid for, how TSMC handled their order, etc... just curious where your expertise comes in and what exactly needs to be tested with these chips after leaving TSMC?   Wouldn't TSMC at least do some type of wafer acceptance test?

ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:37:38 PM

Sounds like the words of a company that tests their stuff before sending out... but I obviously was not involved in Avalon's ordering process, what they paid for, how TSMC handled their order, etc... just curious where your expertise comes in and what exactly needs to be tested with these chips after leaving TSMC?   Wouldn't TSMC at least do some type of wafer acceptance test?

Why you are defending Avalon's lies?  I can tell you the last part of the "update" about the trade-ins is a complete lie.  There are number of hero members on this forum who can attest to it.

How am I defending Avalon?
That quote is from TSMC's website... TSMC sounds like a company that tests their stuff before sending out to Avalon, so I am not sure what additional testing is necessary for Avalon to be doing... Gandalf seemed to think otherwise, and I was just curious as to what types of testing he believes the chips need to go through AFTER arriving at Avalon?  (because it makes no sense to me)

Even if testing *should* be done, I am not sure it is really that necessary considering most group buy members ended up purchasing a couple extra chips, and I highly doubt there is going to be any high percentage of defects coming from TSMC - it seems like this is just a comment/excuse by Avalon to keep us going a little longer...

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:47:36 PM

story so far - 8/19

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed.

If this is true, many folks on this forum should start receiving chips in the next week or two.

So we are entering the a new era where BitSyncom won't post updates on the forum and only on his website. Avalon team is slowly morphing into BFL style of doing business. So sad.

Yifu reads this stuff on bitcointalk.  

I will be happy if my trade-ins get processed and added to my store account and then shipped asap once I pay for them.  If that happens I will leave positive feedback and consider all issues resolved in a civil and neutral manner.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:33:27 PM

story so far - 8/19

Bunch of lies as always.
"testing" lol he is trying to lie that they will take each chip out of the tray and 'test' it and then put it back into tray and ship to us.
Various companies take wafer from TSMC cut, packing (assembly silicon structure in the QFN48 package)  and testing.

Additional translation..............   A LOT MORE TIME
Funny, I dont see a terrahash or any TH may 10 and may 16 order??? maybe my dates are wrong or they were in a group buy???
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiLYkKIHJaIsdHpIaGdUOWRYVUdncTNpNlVKbVhCbEE#gid=0

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:42:36 PM

story so far - 8/19

Bunch of lies as always.

Funny, I dont see a terrahash or any TH may 10 and may 16 order??? maybe my dates are wrong or they were in a group buy???
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiLYkKIHJaIsdHpIaGdUOWRYVUdncTNpNlVKbVhCbEE#gid=0

Did they not secure other people's group buys? Maybe wrong but aside their first 20k chips I think they bought out other bulk orders.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:46:30 PM

story so far - 8/19

Bunch of lies as always.

Did they not secure other people's group buys? Maybe wrong but aside their first 20k chips I think they bought out other bulk orders.
Yes that is correct, but the first 2 orders they showed a copy supposedly of a purchase invoice with their name on it...as far as the other 2 purchases, they were to come from other group buys,,etc,,,so thats a bit of a mystery to me know?? hmm?

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:01:15 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 08:20:40 PM by Axion_Zen

that sheet is not 100% accurate as some chip buys are at different addresses etc., if you go by order#10245 terrahash's first order fits right ahead of the other may 11. orders
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:20:54 PM

still BS - Avalon better make up for their mistakes SOON or let me know when a class action comes around

lawyers are starving

ok
GandalfG

Activity: 259

Dig your freedom

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:23:01 PM

story so far - 8/19

Bunch of lies as always.

I have an understanding of some aspects of technology... and understand that 'technology' is a pretty large term which encompasses many different types of 'technology'.  I assume you are saying people here do not understand the chip manufacturing process?   Explain why you do?   It seems like TSMC's states this on their website:

We will strive to provide excellent semiconductor manufacturing services for worldwide customers and establish mutually beneficial, long-term partnership.

We will spread dedication to quality to every facet of the company and achieve a culture of continuous improvement to assure customer satisfaction. There is only one ultimate goal: Zero defect - in everything we do.

We will adopt expedient containment programs to shield our customers from any defects until each has been eliminated. We all share the responsibilities to achieve this goal.

I don't know why from my answer to one person you draws the conclusion that I think about all people here? This is a significant over-interpretation my comment. And I don't write or suggest anything about  TSMC quality and experience.  (Best one in my opinion)
For me it is obvious that each stage of production are followed by further tests. Also, after placing the silicon in package by third party company. Certainly before sending parties to the recipient (Avalon) executes the tests on samples from the lot.

TSMC sounds like a company that tests their stuff before sending out to Avalon, so I am not sure what additional testing is necessary for Avalon to be doing... Gandalf seemed to think otherwise, and I was just curious as to what types of testing he believes the chips need to go through AFTER arriving at Avalon?  (because it makes no sense to me)

How did you come to the conclusion that I think that the tests are performed by Avalon before shipment really do not know  Huh  I wrote clearly that the placing in QFN package do an external company, and than performs tests.

I understand the anger at Bitsyncom. Also waiting for delivery.
Despite that, however, please do not fight for the little things. It will not help any of us.

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:42:06 PM

Quote from: BitSyncom Oct 24, 2012
We when taped out the chips to TSMC we had a "projected out date" of Jan 3, 2013 which is on schedule with our late dec. / early jan. demonstration dates. Now however after this week's website update our "projected out date" has changed to Jan 7th, 2013 and "committed date" has been revealed to be Jan 10th, 2013. TSMC did not give us a reason for this, but as a small customer you are really at the mercy of bigger customers running higher priority lots. e.g. "super hot lot"  The "committed date" is the promised date of delivery, it is very unusual for TSMC to break their "committed date", so we expect our chips to ship on or before Jan 10th, 2013.

Another potential problem is Customs clearing, the packaging company Fujitsu is located in Shanghai's Export Processing Zone (EPZ), while the packaging itself will not see delays, it may take an additional 2-3 days to clear Customs. To make up for this, if it occurs, we will be flying down to Shanghai to the demonstration in the EPZ instead of waiting for the shipping to the factory for assembly.

Cheesy
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:46:30 PM

I don't know why from my answer to one person you draws the conclusion that I think about all people here? This is a significant over-interpretation my comment. And I don't write or suggest anything about  TSMC quality and experience.  (Best one in my opinion)
For me it is obvious that each stage of production are followed by further tests. Also, after placing the silicon in package by third party company. Certainly before sending parties to the recipient (Avalon) executes the tests on samples from the lot.

TSMC sounds like a company that tests their stuff before sending out to Avalon, so I am not sure what additional testing is necessary for Avalon to be doing... Gandalf seemed to think otherwise, and I was just curious as to what types of testing he believes the chips need to go through AFTER arriving at Avalon?  (because it makes no sense to me)

How did you come to the conclusion that I think that the tests are performed by Avalon before shipment really do not know  Huh  I wrote clearly that the placing in QFN package do an external company, and than performs tests.

Despite that, however, please do not fight for the little things. It will not help any of us.

I apparently misinterpreted your initial response...

I interpreted this:

As...

"How hard is it to understand for people who do not have a clue about technology.
Various companies (assumed Avalon) take wafer from TSMC cut, then pack/assembly in silicon structure/and test."

I took that to mean you were saying Avalon receives a wafer from the TSMC cut and then does this test themselves... but you are obviously saying something different, based on your latest response. My apologies.  Grin

I assumed you were defending Avalon saying that they do have a need to test once they receive from TSMC... but you seem to be stating that the Avalon news release is indicating that 'testing' needs to be done by one of the third party companies you have mentioned and NOT done by themselves?

Sorry for the confusion.

GandalfG

Activity: 259

Dig your freedom

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:55:47 PM

I apparently misinterpreted your initial response...

I interpreted this:

As...

"How hard is it to understand for people who do not have a clue about technology.
Various companies (assumed Avalon) take wafer from TSMC cut, then pack/assembly in silicon structure/and test."

I took that to mean you were saying Avalon receives a wafer from the TSMC cut and then does this test themselves... but you are obviously saying something different, based on your latest response. My apologies.  Grin

I assumed you were defending Avalon saying that they do have a need to test once they receive from TSMC... but you seem to be stating that the Avalon news release is indicating that 'testing' needs to be done by one of the third party companies you have mentioned and NOT done by themselves?

Sorry for the confusion.

Np mate. That is it what I try explain in first post. Third party make test. Not Avalon. Did a little awkwardly, probably because my English is not the best.
And I  not defend Bitsyncom. His lack communication with customer are really annoying.

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:08:38 PM

Tracking number received for my 4/1x/13 chip order - shipment info recieved only

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

Tracking number received for my 4/1x/13 chip order - shipment info recieved only

Just to be clear, is that 1st of April 2013 order?

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:47:51 PM

well wtf is the x?
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:55:09 PM

well wtf is the x?
For some reason big time coin didn't want the exact date of his order to be posted.

4/1x/13
where x < 10

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:59:31 PM

well wtf is the x?
For some reason big time coin didn't want the exact date of his order to be posted.

4/1x/13
where x < 10

So it is a mid April order.

Zefir has a few batches before 10th of April. So far only 1 delivered, so let's see if he gets any batches in this round.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:19:50 AM

The only thing that makes any sense at all:
Delivery of all batches (Zefir and Sebastian) within the next two weeks, latest. Otherwise complete refund. Anything else is crap.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: