Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:13:48 AM

I'm pissed as you, but now insult Yufu like there's no tomorrow does not help anybody.

He broke ToS with the delay, now he is trying to remedy in some way. Although the simple refund may not be enough (assembly costs already paid, deals fallen, community works trashed (see Bkk), etc...) he seems willing to find a solution.

Good suggestions can help.
Insulting only, not.

It's probably too late for that, if  he is in the US, some nutter will probably put a bullet in him for ruining their dreams, it will no doubt give Bitcoin a bad name in the back of the tabloids.

It's unlikely any good will come of this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:23:09 AM

I'm pissed as you, but now insult Yufu like there's no tomorrow does not help anybody.

He broke ToS with the delay, now he is trying to remedy in some way. Although the simple refund may not be enough (assembly costs already paid, deals fallen, community works trashed (see Bkk), etc...) he seems willing to find a solution.

Insulting only, not.

It's probably too late for that, if  he is in the US, some nutter will probably put a bullet in him for ruining their dreams, it will no doubt give Bitcoin a bad name in the back of the tabloids.

It's unlikely any good will come of this.

Oh, even Trendon didn't catch a bullet, and will finally be put to court.
And I see a huge distance between Trendon and Yifu.

Ente
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:27:38 AM

Anybody knows if chips orders will get refunded too? ... couldn`t find an info.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

[

Oh, even Trendon didn't catch a bullet, and will finally be put to court.
And I see a huge distance between Trendon and Yifu.

Ente
It all boils down to who you ripped off, if it's a large enough cross section of the public, then you takes your chances, there are a lot of nutters out there,

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:14:06 PM

My thinking is that if we keep calling him, leaving him voicemails and pressuring him to address the issues he will step up.

How long before he changes phone number?

spiccioli

that number stopped forwarding a while ago, since people are so hell bend on thinking we are selling chips to somebody in china first I'll address that.

there is a lot of people who bought chips purely for reselling, however the stock is 10k or so at most like all the other orders. I hope people did not think only people outside of china bought Avalon chips. ( out of the 800k chips, more than 50% are chinese orders.)

In addition, these resellers only have small quantity of chips ( since we didn't ship that many yet.) whether is alibaba or the chinese forums, I'd love to see anyone make a large purchase from these "resellers", because they simply do not have the chips, despise what they may advertise.

In other news, we are shipping as per usual like our last update and are doing the best we could but probably simply going to offer full refund soon, I am tired of this toxic community malformed by greed.

Yufi admits that they didn't ship that many chips yet, but then gives no explanation as to why they haven't shipped the chips on time. Complete, open, and honest communication would go a long way towards restoring trust, but BitSyncom insists on jerking people around.

I suspect that Avalon is simply not able to fulfill all bulk chip orders for one reason or another, so they have no choice but to issue refunds.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:15:48 PM

Avalon might be working on something very big, comparing to that, their current generation chips selling are so small that they don't even have the time to bother

It seems that they have shifted their focus from bitcoin community to their own profit, that is not the ngzhang I usually know. I really hope that they still care about the community, that's where their success all started

erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:19:17 PM

Avalon might be working on something very big, comparing to that, their current generation chips selling are so small that they don't even have the time to bother

It seems that they have shifted their focus from bitcoin community to their own profit, that is not the ngzhang I usually know. I really hope that they still care about the community, that's where their success all started
I think ngzhang is part of the group that split, isn't he?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:46:47 PM

Exclusive footage of Yifu:

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
rebelrat

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:52:57 PM

Without the startup money from the community there would be no Avalon chips.
YIFU used the community's money against the interests of the community to gain a
competitive edge and took full advantage of it to  enrich himself and his gang.  The
hype of Bitcoin reaching $260 did not help either,  now unbelievable prices ($50,000++)
for Avalon batch 2 & 3 were offered.  
Ultimately this may kill Bitcoin as a currency, as the "ASIC industry" as a whole seems to adhere
to extreme cut-throat business practices.  A monopoly on mining is looming - maybe that is how the
mysterious Satoshi had planned it all along.  Considering how many coins he mined for himself at the
very beginning, nothing would surprise me with the ASIC mafia anymore. Just my five cents.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:02:14 PM

This all is very unfortunate.
Could this be the end of Bit-Coins?
Looks like all the hashing power is going to end up in just a few peoples hands.
What made bit-coin great was the ability for anyone who wanted to mine to do so.
This has all changed and could be the downfall for bit-coin.
Maybe it's time to discontinue the use of bit-coin's and start using lite-coin's.

I hate to say it, but I think you might be right.  GPUs were the great equalizer.  Anyone could walk into a computer store and walk out with hashing equipment.  Now, you are entirely at the mercy of ASIC companies.  The temptation is too great for these manufacturers not to ship.  Why should they? They have 100% of the control - they have your money, your equipment, and all the time they need.  Only when the devices are worthless are they shipped.  With the exception of ASICMINER, there's so much conclusive evidence of foul-play, it makes me never want to buy another ASIC again.  I feel that if this continues, the BTC community may collectively say "enough" and move to LTC.   Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't make ASICs for the scrypt protocol.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
kendog77

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:14:06 PM

Looks like all the hashing power is going to end up in just a few peoples hands.
What made bit-coin great was the ability for anyone who wanted to mine to do so.
Maybe it's time to discontinue the use of bit-coin's and start using lite-coin's.

I hate to say it, but I think you might be right.  GPUs were the great equalizer.  Anyone could walk into a computer store and walk out with hashing equipment.  Now, you are entirely at the mercy of ASIC companies.  The temptation is too great for these manufacturers not to ship.  Why should they? They have 100% of the control - they have your money, your equipment, and all the time they need.  Only when the devices are worthless are they shipped.  With the exception of ASICMINER, there's so much conclusive evidence of foul-play, it makes me never want to buy another ASIC again.  I feel that if this continues, the BTC community may collectively say "enough" and move to LTC.   Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't make ASICs for the scrypt protocol.

I wouldn't be so fast to give ASICMiner a pass. I don't think a single person who bought ASICMiner hardware to mine actually made their bitcoin back. Sure, some folks may have done OK by selling to a greater fool, but ASICMiner prices are outrageous so buying ASICMiner hardware to mine is a losing proposition for the miner.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 01:25:07 PM

Insulting only, not.

The community was surprisingly quiet and patient during lead time and only started pressing Yifu when delivery dates came and went and then when he provided excuses that were clearly lies as a cause for the delay.

Yifu is a child who cares only for his own interests. He has used the forums to enrich himself and start the company and now we are nothing more than flies that interrupt his Chi, despite the fact that he holds tens of millions of OUR money/product.

He has NOT been cooperative, he has been obstinate. No communication. Lies for excuses. Insulting.

He needs to apologize. Then he needs to provide full refunds AND chips+compensation for those who have already invested in substantial hardware purchases.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:26:19 PM

You can make ASIC devices for scrypt, just add some memory chip

Mining device manufacturing is not rocket science, soon there will be many chip maker out there, but wether these hashing power will be centralized is a big question

I remember recently BFL jody said that people who ordered Singles (60GH) often ordered 3, 6, 12 or more, that is 360GH/person, hopefully this will keep the hashing power distributed

kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:28:11 PM

I wouldn't be so fast to give ASICMiner a pass. I don't think a single person who bought ASICMiner hardware to mine actually made their bitcoin back. Sure, some folks may have done OK by selling to a greater fool, but ASICMiner prices are outrageous so buying ASICMiner hardware to mine is a losing proposition for the miner.

It's the consumers fault (I'm a consumer) if they never reached ROI.  The first several blade sales were through auction, so we set the price.  AM had that equipment to me, fully operational and meeting specs, in less than four days.  AM would be the only company I would feel comfortable buying from at the moment.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
kendog77

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:37:21 PM

I hate to say it, but I think you might be right.  GPUs were the great equalizer.  Anyone could walk into a computer store and walk out with hashing equipment.  Now, you are entirely at the mercy of ASIC companies.  The temptation is too great for these manufacturers not to ship.  Why should they? They have 100% of the control - they have your money, your equipment, and all the time they need.  Only when the devices are worthless are they shipped.  With the exception of ASICMINER, there's so much conclusive evidence of foul-play, it makes me never want to buy another ASIC again.  I feel that if this continues, the BTC community may collectively say "enough" and move to LTC.   Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't make ASICs for the scrypt protocol.

It's the consumers fault (I'm a consumer) if they never reached ROI.  The first several blade sales were through auction, so we set the price.  AM had that equipment to me, fully operational and meeting specs, in less than four days.  AM would be the only company I would feel comfortable buying from at the moment.

True, it's business as usual in the bitcoin mining world. With the exception of a few folks in the DIY community on this site, everyone is trying to rip everyone else off. It's actually pretty sad.

BFL, Avalon, and ASICMiner are some of the worst ripoff offenders, and don't even get me started on folks who auction off ASICs on ebay and this site.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:37:30 PM

Bunch of new tx's coming through

https://blockchain.info/address/1JrwWrt3TYUzMYFEBLX5hTo1zFsEY6tWZN
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:50:47 PM

1 - Refund all who have already requested it    NOW!

2 - Refund all who will request it within 24 hours!

3 - Post an apology immediately telling us what really happened

Then you can start mending your chi.

Grin Grin Grin

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:54:33 PM

I hope a lot of people will ask for a refund, in that way, the group buys will receive their chips faster Wink
(as I suspect that refunds for group buys are not practically possible)

speak to the group buyer who is responsible for that.

So the "chips are stuck at customs" statement was a lie, he publicly stated a lie to all his investors.  Every judge in every jurisdiction loves that kind of stuff.
Double selling pre-ordered hardware + public lying to investors.
Hope to see you with pirateat40 behind bars.
WE DEMAND A CLEAR DEADLINE FOR REFUNDS, NO EMPTY PROMISES THIS TIME
LOL you coward suddenly you can make refunds, you are afraid of hard time in prison, that's it!

lol! you think if I got the skills to make ASICs don't you think I can run a scam better than this?
to be honest this isn't good for my chi/emotional well being and I'd like to wash my hands of it.

let's hope in the future not doing any pre-sells would solve all these problems.

Grin Grin This thread is priceless.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:57:10 PM

+1

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:58:35 PM

All those 103 BTC transactions look like Batch 3.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: