Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1050 TH] BitMinter.com [1% PPLNS,Pays TxFees +MergedMining,Stratum,GBT,vardiff]  (Read 836876 times)
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 11:11:36 PM

A hybrid could work.  All miners are paid INSTANTLY (once block is confirmed) as long as the balance is >= 0.1 BTC.  Miners that earned less than 0.1 on the block will have reward rolled over till next block.

I guess this is a good middle-ground solution. And it's what you get currently if you set payout threshold to 0.1 BTC. I have now set that as default for new users.

BTW.  Keep up the good work.  As a show of confidence I moved another rig (+ 2GH/s) to bitminter.

Thanks, I appreciate it Smiley

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 02:30:47 AM

BTW.  Keep up the good work.  As a show of confidence I moved another rig (+ 2GH/s) to bitminter.

Just wow... the fact that you can change the flow of the ocean just by having a power outage... gahaha. Wow.

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 08:52:54 AM

ya, no? I was just wondering because i just send them to the exchange and i think the deposit address is temp( i dont know how long its valid) just didnt want to send my coins nowhere, if that is even possible.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:34:47 PM

Any plans to add merged mining?
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 04:26:00 PM

Any plans to add merged mining?

You guys want it?

I'm looking up info about it now.. what little is available.

Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:11:52 PM

It would probably help draw more miners in, but please make it user selectable. I'd prefer to mine only BTC.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:15:24 PM

It would probably help draw more miners in, but please make it user selectable. I'd prefer to mine only BTC.

Why would you want to do that?  I would say if you don't want the NMC simply donate them to the pool.

You understand that w/ merged mining the blockheader will already contains namecoin information.  If you find a nonce which meets namecoin's difficulty you would want the server to throw it away rather than publishing it.

Turning off merged mining won't make bitcoin mining faster it would simply mean throwing away rewards you have already earned (by not reporting namecoin hash to namecoin network).  If you don't want them why not give them to the pool operator to help improve the pool?
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 07:26:24 PM

Merged mining ftw ! Why not send results when the work is already done ?

Digigami

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:27:35 PM

Perhaps I misunderstand the merged mining concept..

If we begin participating in a merged system, does it take away from the bitcoin mining efficiency? Or is it the same hashing function, results which could be applied to either network?

IE - if we find a result which meets the bitcoin network difficulty, would that result also apply to the namecoin network? block created on both networks from the same hash?
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:36:03 PM

If we begin participating in a merged system, does it take away from the bitcoin mining efficiency? Or is it the same hashing function, results which could be applied to either network?

IE - if we find a result which meets the bitcoin network difficulty, would that result also apply to the namecoin network? block created on both networks from the same hash?

It doesnt take anything away from the bitcoin efficiency.  the answer your miner submits to the BTC network is also submitted to the NMC network to see if it works there. a 2 for 1 deal.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:38:17 PM

NO.  Yes.  Technically it is only one block.

Yes however namecoin difficulty is independent current it is lower than bitcoin thus any valid bitcoin block is also a valid namecoin block but that could change in the future.

A particular hash could be:
a) valid for neither,
a) valid for only bitcoin,
b) valid for both bitcoin and namecoin.

A and b remain exactly the same.  We keep mining and through all those invalid hashes (a) and when we find one that meets target difficulty (b) we sign the block and get 50 BTC reward.  Merged mining adds the possibility of (c) where a hash meets the target difficulty for both bitcoin and namecoin.

If that is the case we collect both 50BTC reward from bitcoin network and 50 NMC reward from namecoin network.

Currently any valid bitcoin hash would also meet target difficulty for namecoin however if namecoin difficulty rises faster it is possible at some point in the future some of the blocks end up in category b and only some in category c.  

Don't feel bad about misunderstanding it.  For such an important breakthrough it has been horribly documented and communicated.
Digigami

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:49:10 PM

Thank you, and the others for the explanations. It certainly makes more sense now..

In theory we should be knocking down a few namecoin blocks for every bitcoin block, with current difficulty of course..

Sounds like a good plan to me in that case Smiley
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 08:55:54 PM

Sounds like merged mining is a popular choice. Smiley

I'll have a look at merged mining now and wait with signature banners and finishing the next miner version for later.

I'm releasing a beta version with how far I got with new miner features for the next version. Details are in the miner thread. It has some nice improvements to cut down on rejected work, and some weird stuff like sound effects. The sounds become quite annoying after a while so they are off by default.  Grin Sound will be more useful when I finish the config stuff so you can turn on only the sounds you want, like the sound when creating a block.

P4man, not sure if you were kidding about wanting sound when you create a block, but here it is! Cheesy

By the way, nice with two new blocks today. Thanks to indolering and Fefox. Smiley

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 09:33:45 PM

Grin thanks for the new version !  Cheesy

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:35:46 PM

P4man, not sure if you were kidding about wanting sound when you create a block, but here it is! Cheesy

I wasnt (joking) actually. Though I was thinking of a popup and some "jingle" when finally a block was found, like once a week (that was before fefox starting finding blocks per hour lol), so Ill try the beta later and find out what sort of sounds you implemented, Im curious Smiley

BTW, minor bug report: if you enable the minimize to tray, using ubuntu (vanilla gnome, not unity), it does minimize to the try, but I cant restore it. It keeps running fine, i just cant get it to the foreground anymore.

FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 03:01:07 AM

Whoa, reading the last few replies, I already get the general concept of what merged mining is... and I'd never heard of it before reply # 285 where it all made sense:
hashing -> found result goes to (user-run) bitcoin pool server -> credit in your bitcoin mining account
Merged...
hashing -> found result -> bitcoin pool -> credit in your bitcoin account
                  ^---> other secondary network pool -> credit in your other pool account
Since the two networks don't communicate or have any relation to one other (aside from protocol), the hashes from one network can be used in the other as well!

... And the results could be economically disasterous. O_O

If hash rate of the Other network (namecoin, in this case, which I don't care much for) increases as more people do this "merged mining" thing with hardware used for the high difficulty of Bitcoin, the difficulty of Other Coin's network will increase to adapt to the rate as well.

The other side of the matter is that people are essentially "double spending" their production - spending the same amount of resources hashing for one network, then "double spending" that redemption into other currencies, devaluing both of them in the process (if they spend it).

Will it work? Yes. Will it work really well? Yes. Easy to implement. Yes. Will people get more "money" out of it? Yes yes yes yes yes... is it something I'd do? Sure. Is it a "pure idea" with no "oh god, how long can we keep dumping nuclear waste into this small pond" behind it? Eh... nah. In other words, on the scale of "white and pure" to "dark and evil", it's somewhere light-grey. Smiley

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:18:00 AM

One correction Falcon.

The two blocks chains are completely independent.  Remember a hash satisfies a specific target but to avoid someone saying "hey I found a hash 00000000000000000000000000001" it has to be a hash of the bitcoin header.  Well what we are mining (I hate that word) hashing is bitcoin block headers then how does that create a solution for namecoin.

The answer is inside the bitcoin header in the coinbase field (normally just contains random data for the "extra-nonce") is recorded the merkle-tree of namecoin transactions, last block hash, and size of last namecoin block are put into bitcoin coinbase.  All together 33 bytes of data.

This is essence links that header to a snapshot of the namecoin network.  With merged mining namecoin requires the bitcoin blockchain but bitcoin doesn't require namecoin.   That "extra namecoin data" is seen just as random bits by bitcoin protocol.

Not sure why you think this is/could be a disaster.  My prediction is that the value of namecoin will drop 99.9% of current value.  Simply supply and demand.   You can't get something from nothing.  Alternatively the combined price of bitcoin + namecoin will drop relative to price of bitcoin prior to merged mining thus miners will still get the same amount total reward.  So those thinking it is this massive gold rush are right but it will be short lived.  The good news is the namecoin network gains all the strength of bitcoin hashing network and becomes stronger/safer.  Sometimes miner profits aren't everything.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:30:50 PM

Is it possible to calculate future earnings from the shifts completed ?

I fail to see any info on this.. ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 09:09:10 PM

I still don't have all the numbers up yet. I am planning to add something like "Your score in the 10 latest shifts is 2% of the total score. That will be your share of the income from any blocks built during the current shift." and maybe "A block with a total income of 50 BTC would give you 1 BTC."

Is that the kind of thing you were thinking of?

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 09:40:29 PM

Alternatively you could calculate expected earnings as "if we found a block right now you would gain..."

I still don't have all the numbers up yet. I am planning to add something like "Your score in the 10 latest shifts is 2% of the total score. That will be your share of the income from any blocks built during the current shift." and maybe "A block with a total income of 50 BTC would give you 1 BTC."

Is that the kind of thing you were thinking of?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: