Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

Every day people spend cash but they know nothing about monetary theory or economics! So, the same, we should expect for Bitcoin: there will be a massive adoption when people will be able to spend it easily and without today complexities

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
Lucas Riley

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:06:29 PM

Id say at the moment yes but only as a symptom of the industries infancy. The internet in the early 90s was the same! To send an email it would take days and there were all sorts of complicated protocols you would need to carry out just to get a message from a to b. A domain url that you type isn't the actual website you are visiting, in the early days you would have long IP addresses that you would need to input in order to get to your destination, this I think is equivalent to the long private and public keys we see today. The user interfaces in the industry are extremely rudimental currently but this will all improve over time.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:29:14 PM

I think it depends on someone to introduce bitcoin, if they can make presentations and videos interesting then bitcoin is easy to understand and not as difficult as people say, and this is our big task because more than 70% of the world's people are ordinary folks.
pencuri hati

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:45:35 PM

in my opinion, bitcoin is too complicated if someone does not want to learn and if in complexity do not want to consult with someone who is experienced then that's where difficult things will be experienced.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:50:09 PM

I'm an ordinary folk and don't find it too complicated to use and have a basic understanding-
Yeah if people will be given a chance to learn and someone wants to teach them they can be a profitable individuals in this technology. The problem I think is no one wants to volunteer and teach them for free.
yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

I think that's true. people who can not understand the technology and less follow the development of technology will find it difficult and complicated if using bitcoin to transact. because bitcoin requires everyone to understand the internet network and digital wallet. but if you want to learn to use bitcoin, I think everyone will be able to use it.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:03:38 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
I think bitcoin is still complicated to the ordinary people. But this is just a matter of time. Overtime, the attack being received from all sectors by cryptocurrency world would subside definitely.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:14:03 PM

I think you need a 15 minutes to explain general principles of cryptocurrenies to an ordinary person who hasn't heard about it. Of course, you shouldn't go into complicated terms to avoid confusion.
tony kurniawan

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:36:34 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

Yes bitcoin is complicated for people who are still starting to discover and know about bitcoin. Especially for those who are interested in bitcoin but do not get the idea how it works, but if they want to read they will understand about bitcoin.
ekalak manjeng

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:43:46 PM

for me bitcoin is not complicated if we gradually want to learn to understand what is called bitcoin and how bitcoin work.
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:53:35 PM

Yes it is complicated. Well in my case, I know internet, and how to deal with some internet related things. But when it comes to bitcoin, I find it complicated at first what more to other person, right?
I do have friends who wants to learn bitcoin, I am trying to explain it to them but based in their reactions they find it hard to understand. Maybe there persons who cope up with bitcoin easily. But we are not like them. Different person has also a different mind set.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:54:10 PM

I think it depends on someone to introduce bitcoin, if they can make presentations and videos interesting then bitcoin is easy to understand and not as difficult as people say, and this is our big task because more than 70% of the world's people are ordinary folks.

Exactly, each of us have our own way to explain what is bitcoin all about and other crypto currencies here in the cyberworld. Since many people trying to know about crypto currencies which they are so curious that they always encountered those crypto currencies bit they don't even know what its all about. Well, for sure only those people are open minded to know about crypro currencies since they will try to earn as well as to be a great boss someday here in crypto currency community.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:58:35 PM

Yes it is because not all people are use to with gadgets and smartphones. Some of them were only good at using telephone whenever they need someone. other than that some people also prefer to used mails that was sent through a post office. So smart phones and computer for them is not necesarry. Other people also who live in the rural areas does not expose themselves with technology because there means of living is on crop production so smart phones is not necessary for them also. So if you will going to introduce them with bitcoin probably they will laugh at your face because they could not understand on what you will be saying.
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:11:27 PM

The problem is that Bitcoin is seen as an investment asset instead of a currency. Using it as a currency is still expensive and It's still slow. For the mainstream blockchain technology might be too complicated, and the focus is mainly on the high price bitcoin reached. It will take a while before Bitcoin is used as a currency.
It is necessary for use of bitcoin as full-fledged currency that it was stabler. The currency shouldn't be so volatile.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:11:49 PM

Nope, for me it's not. It might be confusing when you are just starting. But believe me, you just need perseverance. Take your time to read and to slowly understand everything that you think you might need to know. It's an advantage when you are already a member of this forum. Just explore the different boards. There are guides for newbies, so it won't be that hard for you.

Blockpass.org

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:13:13 PM

The thing is, it shouldn't matter how complicated it is. As long as the developers create easy-to-use APIs then users will be fine. You don't need to know how the internet works to send an e-mail.
maslovp

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:14:50 PM

No, it is not some rocket science, all you have do is to follow the news related to crypto. In fact, I must admit that it appears at least 10 times easier than stocks to me.
maaydin

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:16:53 PM

as soon as btc will continue to be treated as an asset and the price focus will take place any time it reaches some level of support and resistance I do believe that the community have left the true mission of it and focus on money as always.
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

The world of technology will be more advanced we have to prepare ourselves for new technology if we want to advance too. Bitcoin is too complicated if someone does not want to learn and if in complexity do not want to consult with someone who is experienced then that's where difficult things will be experienced.
endut15

Activity: 551

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:37:02 PM

The problem is that Bitcoin is seen as an investment asset instead of a currency. Using it as a currency is still expensive and It's still slow. For the mainstream blockchain technology might be too complicated, and the focus is mainly on the high price bitcoin reached. It will take a while before Bitcoin is used as a currency.
It is necessary for use of bitcoin as full-fledged currency that it was stabler. The currency shouldn't be so volatile.
looking at bitcoin as a full currency is not easy. the process of time it is needed, because not only us who think bitcoin into currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: