Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tokona

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:04:22 AM

Well this now looks even worse, even BFL is offering pretty good compensation plans for their tardiness.  An extra 250% of hashing power for batch 1 customers!  Puts BA to shame.  You know your behind the times when you out BFL, BFL.

Yea bfl is totally putting BA to shame..

A $5000 monarch has gone from 600gh -> 1000gh

Where as a $4000 prospero has gone from 2000gh -> 2900gh

Jimmothy, I have not bothered you or your comments on BA this entire time.  I have seen your input as valid and have even taken to heart some of the things that you have said.  And yet you come out attacking everyone no matter what.

A prospero is ~$6,000 first of all, BA is giving their "compensation" package to everyone, not just those who paid at the very first price.  Also the $5000 monarch is going from 600 GH to 1.6 TH, please understand the full package before trying to refute.
Hopefully the 2.9 TH/s will be able to be run at a home, given the high power consumption running at that level, it will be a stretch to fit one of the X-3 boxes on a circuit.
BFL is actually giving the hardware to their customers whereas I get cloud mining that I cannot even resell when it becomes (if not already shipped as) worthless.
BFL is delaying 5 weeks, BA is delaying 8 weeks.  (I understand this may change based on companies pasts, but for now that's what we have to go on, all biases aside).  I am sure I do not have to tell you how precious 3 weeks can be in the mining world, unless you are BA and do not care about your customers interests in making a profit because all you do is manufacture mining equipment.
I don't believe that manufacture the mining equipment is so expensive that they need to sell them @ those prices? or am i wrong?
because they are only manufacturing mining equipment... and then we do not need to pay that much because we can not make enough of coins with them. correct me if im wrong

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:08:19 AM

Which ASIC maker isn't asking for money up front?  Grin No money no matter.

Bitmain.

And were people parading up and down the streets with pitchfork in hand prior to release of U and S 1's? Grin

No. They followed the smart model and only sold "in hand" units. Still do, other than occasionally a couple days lead time (or about a week for CNY). It's not the best, bleeding edge tech, but you don't wait for it.

I get the sense that the ability to raise funds off pre-order are done. The track record of being on time to market hasn't been all that successful in a market where time truly is money.

Depends on your perspective. From the perspective of the customers, with one exception that I can think of, it's been a catastrophe. It's been pretty good for the manufacturers. OPM is highly addictive.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:04:15 AM

Bitmain.

And were people parading up and down the streets with pitchfork in hand prior to release of U and S 1's? Grin

No. They followed the smart model and only sold "in hand" units. Still do, other than occasionally a couple days lead time (or about a week for CNY). It's not the best, bleeding edge tech, but you don't wait for it.

I get the sense that the ability to raise funds off pre-order are done. The track record of being on time to market hasn't been all that successful in a market where time truly is money.

Depends on your perspective. From the perspective of the customers, with one exception that I can think of, it's been a catastrophe. It's been pretty good for the manufacturers. OPM is highly addictive.

So is OPP  Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O.P.P._(song)

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:54:18 PM

Bitmain.

Good for the manufacturers but an abysmal failure in most cases for customers. I'm not sure what keeps them coming back to these offers. Masochism?
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:39:38 PM

That reminds me, wasn't there meant to be a PR person starting "next Tuesday"?

That seems weeks ago now.

BA can't even get the PR right about the PR person... maybe they can't even get a PR person? Who the hell would want the job anyway?

Roll Eyes

Precisely.

So they can't even get one PR person to show up and answer questions for weeks now but they will produce a complex miner, using a custom designed chip and board and they will deliver it on time, using the "new" schedule. Just let that sink in for a minute. My back of the napkin estimate - ladies and gentlemen, if everything else in that company runs just as well (and we have seen no proof to the contrary so far) we are screwed.

necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

BA can't even get the PR right about the PR person... maybe they can't even get a PR person? Who the hell would want the job anyway?

Roll Eyes

Precisely.

So they can't even get one PR person to show up and answer questions for weeks now but they will produce a complex miner, using a custom designed chip and board and they will deliver it on time, using the "new" schedule. Just let that sink in for a minute. My back of the napkin estimate - ladies and gentlemen, if everything else in that company runs just as well (and we have seen no proof to the contrary so far) we are screwed.

I'd be looking for a publicist about now. Never let facts stand in the way of a good story.
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:24:41 PM

Roll Eyes

Precisely.

I'd be looking for a publicist about now. Never let facts stand in the way of a good story.

And just what are the facts? Delays, broken promises, sloppiness, lies, incompetence... perfect material for the too often seen these days story of Bitcoin mining companies.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:53:40 PM

Bitmain.

Actually not. People have to pay first to Bitmain, then the devices are sent to them. You cannot get the miner delivered and pay for it later.
I understand what you mean. The difference is they are sent immediately, so it is like buying in a shop, not like pre-ordering.
Yet one cannot tell Bitmain isn't asking for money up front.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:37:49 PM

Bitmain.

Actually not. People have to pay first to Bitmain, then the devices are sent to them. You cannot get the miner delivered and pay for it later.
I understand what you mean. The difference is they are sent immediately, so it is like buying in a shop, not like pre-ordering.
Yet one cannot tell Bitmain isn't asking for money up front.

Nevertheless they are shipping in hand units. Yeah, you can't get them on credit, but that's ok. Nobody is going to ship one to you for free and hope you'll pay. That's just asking to be scammed.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:05:57 AM

I respectfully ask you to please tell us when the old database will be merged.

Thank you.

When im comfortable its ready to be. We have other website issues at the moment that have to be resolved first. The worst case senario is we have the old database loaded up into UPS worldship already so orders can be shipped on time.

Thanks for posting that - dont always answer all the questions here.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:45:46 AM

IMHO the S1 is biting on the viability of ever producing the X1 in it's current form and price. S1 price keeps dropping daily it seems.

I've said it before IMHO doubling up the number of Minions/device may be the only economical solution for offsetting the delay.
Coinmark

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:29:28 PM

Just a quick post to give Minersource credit for issuing refund on X3.  Took a few weeks but check came in the mail and cleared.  Thanks for being legit.
Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:43:34 PM

Just a quick post to give Minersource credit for issuing refund on X3.  Took a few weeks but check came in the mail and cleared.  Thanks for being legit.

Matt/Bobsag, As you continue to provide refunds, could I please have mine as requested multiple times? Thank you.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:47:42 PM

Matt/Bobsag, As you continue to provide refunds, could I please have mine as requested multiple times? Thank you.

We are processing all the refunds sent to support@minersource.net.
If you submitted it- we havent forgotten, its just takes a while.

Also... we sell antminers as well... and unlike Ninja we have them in stock and not shipping form china Tongue (if hes going to jack the thread anyways)
Vexatious

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:57:56 PM

Also... we sell antminers as well... and unlike Ninja we have them in stock and not shipping form china Tongue (if hes going to jack the thread anyways)

Thank you, I have forwarded my refund request that was e-mailed to matt@minersource.net on February 1, 2014 to the support e-mail address above as instructed. I suppose that since I sent it to the wrong e-mail address, I go to the back of the queue? I sincerely hope not...

Cheers.

Vexatious

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:19:51 PM

Thank you, I have forwarded my refund request that was e-mailed to matt@minersource.net on February 1, 2014 to the support e-mail address above as instructed. I suppose that since I sent it to the wrong e-mail address, I go to the back of the queue? I sincerely hope not...

Cheers.

I did indeed get my refund from Minersource. Thank you!

Here is the transaction on the blockchain for anyone interested: https://blockchain.info/tx/d6778dbab9750905179e1398b783a2ec15cd966cf8579962b7a9d3b3433a380e

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

Cheers.

Here is the transaction on the blockchain for anyone interested: https://blockchain.info/tx/d6778dbab9750905179e1398b783a2ec15cd966cf8579962b7a9d3b3433a380e

Not a problem. I have had so many people personally email me for refunds... if it doesnt go to support@minersource it cant be refunded.
Ronin1

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:40:45 PM

Competition must be tough these days.  Ninja actually ships from Arizona and has them in stock.   Cool
TechByPC

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:52:26 PM

Competition must be tough these days.  Ninja actually ships from Arizona and has them in stock.   Cool

This is actually pretty funny coming from a BA reseller in a BA thread. Any rate, ordering from China I can get one in 3 days to eastern US and for significantly cheaper, so I don't understand why people are trying to resell these.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 08:38:11 PM

Cheers.

Did Matt apologize for it taking so long because he had to obfuscate where the coins been setting the entire time? Easy to prove--just work backward from this transaction. What a piece of shit!
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: