Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:17:39 PM

I am very glad I keep waiting to buy TEKs and multiply them all. So now interest rate is not the advertised rate in the thread? Is that false advertising? Devs sound shady  Angry

Yeah shady. I say dump Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:00:23 PM

I am very glad I keep waiting to buy TEKs and multiply them all. So now interest rate is not the advertised rate in the thread? Is that false advertising? Devs sound shady  Angry

Yes, very shady. Please let me know how many you want to dump and I will just take them off your hands for you as a favor...............
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:01:51 PM

I am very glad I keep waiting to buy TEKs and multiply them all. So now interest rate is not the advertised rate in the thread? Is that false advertising? Devs sound shady  Angry

we just had a hardfork,  when i wrote the ann is was conservatively as accurate as i could simply explain. Its not been my focus of attention lately but im sure amazing a non "shady" inspiring ann can win over all the hearts and minds of the brave crypto investors who support this experimental technology.

There is no perfect solution, you get posters complaining about not enough stake in one sentence and then freaking out about inflation in the next. There may need to be some more adj to the code if the future, but right now the adj factor looks like its going to do its job and force moving of blocks from hardfork date or incur possible penalty for minting at a higher diff.

The nvcs pos diff adjustment is an important feature it gives incentive to move the staking blocks apart from where the high diff is, spreading them out increases network strength.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:17:56 PM

we just had a hardfork,  when i wrote the ann is was conservatively as accurate as i could simply explain. Its not been my focus of attention lately but im sure amazing a non "shady" inspiring ann can win over all the hearts and minds of the brave crypto investors who support this experimental technology.

There is no perfect solution, you get posters complaining about not enough stake in one sentence and then freaking out about inflation in the next. There may need to be some more adj to the code if the future, but right now the adj factor looks like its going to do its job and force moving of blocks from hardfork date or incur possible penalty for minting at a higher diff.

The nvcs pos diff adjustment is an important feature it gives incentive to move the staking blocks apart from where the high diff is, spreading them out increases network strength.

Please edit the post to reflect the new rate!! Or else, yes this is shade.  Undecided

thanks for your help have a great day and enjoy superstake.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:30:04 PM

Please edit the post to reflect the new rate!! Or else, yes this is shade.  Undecided

I'm hungry and like my TEK cool, so I'll buy you or anyone else's shady TEK. Let's talk and I'll setup a wall on Comkort for you to dump into alright?
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

I'm hungry and like my TEK cool, so I'll buy you or anyone else's shady TEK. Let's talk and I'll setup a wall on Comkort for you to dump into alright?

I don't have tek, just wanted to buy some. Why does it say 40%+ SUperStake in 30 days if thats not how it is??? Makes no sense.

At this current block the interest rate is 175% annually, so this would give you about ~ 14.5% after your 30 days.  TEK uses the NVCS method of inflation control, which is just actually a carbon copy of PPC's PoW reward setup.  What this means is that TEK can have interest up to 40% in 30 days, but the interest/stake rate is actually variable and depends on the PoS difficulty. Most TEK/PoS users already know this.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:20:11 PM

Thanks Presstab that is a good explanation and very accurate description.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:23:30 PM

I don't have tek, just wanted to buy some. Why does it say 40%+ SUperStake in 30 days if thats not how it is??? Makes no sense.

At this current block the interest rate is 175% annually, so this would give you about ~ 14.5% after your 30 days.  TEK uses the NVCS method of inflation control, which is just actually a carbon copy of PPC's PoW reward setup.  What this means is that TEK can have interest up to 40% in 30 days, but the interest/stake rate is actually variable and depends on the PoS difficulty. Most TEK/PoS users already know this.

I would add to this that it has historically been pretty accurate, up until the hole that nobody knew about hosed the coin. Once the fix was made, the steady progression of stakes had been interrupted and a whole swarm of stake ready wallets hit the network all at once. There were a number of unforseen problems with this, most of which were FAR more troublesome than the nvcs adjustment. Besides, it's likely to return to normal levels *IF* we all use coin control to spread out our blocks. Consider it incentive to not be lazy.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:42:56 PM

Why is Tekcoin connecting to the LFnet irc server? This is a security problem, that's why the irc connections have been disabled in the bitcoin protocol updates.

any information on this?

I'm guessing this is what Kaspersky is flagging as a trojan. Breakbeater's useful post shows how to override it, but that won't help when Kaspersky or other AVs refuse to download the files at all.

No answer yet for why Tekcoin connects to IRC in the first place? Was this just added? If so, why? (especially if it  can be overridden without consequence using breakbeater's conf file suggestion).

Thanks!

hey i had same problem with av too , but after i added the line for not connect to irc in conf. and install tek into a new machine it was clean .so the trogen is on our own system but i cant detect it with av , looks like malware , im at a loss

Most coins have irc included, it has been around for a very long time.  Not sure what the surprise is about?  We disabled it on Fluttercoin recently but we still need to go through and remove it from the code, it is no longer used as a sync option on our end.  Use of DNS seeds is an option to identify nodes unless you hard code a few in a conf file.  Last I checked tek source didn't have any dnsseed nodes listed, so irc may still play a role.
(May have added some during the fix)

Thanks for that. I'm still puzzled though. Addnodes have been recommended for tekcoin.conf files for weeks (months?) now, but the Kaspersky IRC trojan flag just showed up with the most recent compiled Windows version. Looks like I'm at an impasse - I can't use the new version without bypassing Kaspersky which I'm reluctant to do on the machines in question for obvious reasons (Windows).     Wink

So far the advice is "just trust it". I appreciate the advice, internet strangers, but - you know - nothing personal. Call me chicken. Put it down to the fact that I was an early BFL customer (40ish BTC down the drain).

Bottom line for me so far - I won't use the compiled Windows version until Kaspersky is satisfied with it again. No big deal - I'm not in a hurry - and I certainly acknowledge that this may be a fuss over nothing.

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:12:27 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 10:27:38 PM by Tranz

I would add to this that it has historically been pretty accurate, up until the hole that nobody knew about hosed the coin. Once the fix was made, the steady progression of stakes had been interrupted and a whole swarm of stake ready wallets hit the network all at once. There were a number of unforseen problems with this, most of which were FAR more troublesome than the nvcs adjustment. Besides, it's likely to return to normal levels *IF* we all use coin control to spread out our blocks. Consider it incentive to not be lazy.

I will tell you all the issue. It is simple.

This one line was changed:  https://github.com/maxxine/TEK/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L39

The base difficulty was lowered as part of the fix.  

This allows/causes a few things.
1) Easier/lower CPU intensive staking
2) Easier chance of attacking with PoS
3) Lower stake reward, as now the starting point of the reward calc is much lower (see here): https://github.com/maxxine/TEK/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L992-L1006

The chance of this going back to this difficulty are low, therefor the chance of getting the full reward (500%) are also low..

This can not be changed again without a hard fork.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:30:29 PM

Please state this on OP. Please remember the high interest is what attracted most users to this coin. How do we get back to that? Even IF its high cpu usage , it just needs to be stated on the op, that way users cannot complain , as they have been warned they need a powerful cpu. High end I-7 maybe. I set my Bitmain 1th/s on this coin because of high interest. Can we get back to that? I do have the lastest and greatest CPU (Intel 4790K), and a Bitmain S2 , and want to put them to work on this coin. Maybe this coin could cater to high end users that have the hardware? I think this will bring more value to the coin, as very few people have what it takes to mine it, and the supply will be less. Those that have what it takes will be rewarded.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:43:14 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 01:15:31 AM by presstab

This one line was changed:  https://github.com/maxxine/TEK/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L39

3) Lower stake reward, as now the starting point of the reward calc is much lower (see here): https://github.com/maxxine/TEK/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L992-L1006

The chance of this going back to this difficulty are low, therefor the chance of getting the full reward (500%) are also low..

Yep. I posted about this but nobody cared.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.msg8574529#msg8574529

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:47:20 PM

Yep. I posted about this but nobody cared. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.2100 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.msg8574529#msg8574529

Yup. Missed that post. But the question really is what was the underlying reason for this change. It didn't need to be changed to fix the stuck PoS block. It was extra on top of the other code that was changed.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
jdhatch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:20:03 AM

Yup. Missed that post. But the question really is what was the underlying reason for this change. It didn't need to be changed to fix the stuck PoS block. It was extra on top of the other code that was changed.

So was this a problem of cut and paste? 
Or was it a intentional change?
Long term, does it matter how quickly we inflate the coin?

Just my thoughts,
Jason
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:21:49 AM

or is tek starting to hurt pay 40% , that it needs to be lower?

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:28:08 AM

Yep. I posted about this but nobody cared.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.msg8574529#msg8574529

I missed it. I care Tongue

Anyway, so basically the fix created a new problem, correct? If I understand what else was done, then putting this line back now that staking is working should restore it's proper function and the other fixes should prevent the initial problem from ever happening again. Is this correct?

Because frankly, a new fork after getting everything else straight doesn't seem to me to be that big of a deal as long as there's a bit more lead time than last time.

Also, how hard would it be to set up an actual testnet for TEK? As I read it, it seems like it would be easy, just would need a couple of fulltime dedicated nodes. Once I get moved, I'd be willing to rent a couple servers for that very purpose.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:33:20 AM

So was this a problem of cut and paste? 
Or was it a intentional change?
Long term, does it matter how quickly we inflate the coin?

Just my thoughts,
Jason

The change was intentional, because in testing the difficulty was not lowering and no staking was occuring. Defaced and Thundertoe thought that lowering the initial difficulty would break it loose, which in testing worked just fine. On the actual launch, we all saw the chaos that ensued, not all of which was because of this. Tranz says this was not necessary to unstick the frozen POS blocks, and Presstab seems to agree. Since both of them are better programmers than I'll ever be, I'll not question that too much, except that the fix was NOT working until that line was changed. Press, Tranz, could you perhaps elaborate on why that could be? I'm not officially part of the dev team here, and probably never will be, but I do talk to them all the time and I am a huge fan of this coin. Whatever else may come to pass, I want to see it working correctly. I intend to dedicate a lot of my resources to promoting this beast, and it needs to work correctly for that to happen.
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:16:52 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 07:51:01 AM by gribgo

Thats why we need The MarketMaking multipool. So we can point all our haspower to this pool and mine for other most profit altcoins (scrypt, sha256,x11, ? etc.) Auto-check for most profit coin every hour (or we can decide on how often later) Then we can sell this mined altcoins using Cryptsy API for BTC and using the same API to place the TEK BUY order with this amount of BTC/// So if this multipool will have 4500 Ths SHA256 power + 600MHs Scrypt power (2x Excalibur 7) and 30MHs X11 then (according to Coinwarz calc) this multipool can create atleast 270$ (2951,368 TEK) BUY order every day or 123 TEK BUY order every hour!!!+ today trading volume of 290$ (according to Coinmarketcap.com)  That can create more liquid market + more trading volume... and everybody can sell his stake coins when he wants and know that there will be BUY order every hour!

Thundertoe! I would like you to share of what you think of this multipool Idea and make a comment as a well known member of this community?!
Thank you//peace

I really like the idea, as i like to mine/hold TEK. This would maximize the amount of TEK i can get by mining per day and cut the amount of work down to do it.  Increased daily market volume i think would be a great added benefit.
[/quote]

Has there been any further discussion on this idea?
[/quote]

This idea can be called - The Marketmaking Multipool that backs the TEKcoin... Where Hashrates directly translates to coin's value.
Until the devs are doing their jobs.. the community can do it's job and crowdfund this Multipool. As I know that people from http://teslacoinpool.com team are ready to build that pool for us for some bounty. We can offer 2BTC for the work done.
Someone trusted from the tekcoin community (I would trust any of the devs) can create the newnew TEK  address and everyone can send as much as they want.. I think we can set the funding goal at 1 BTC and I will add 1BTC from my self!
What do you think people?
Peace people..

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:31:33 AM

Mandatory Update Notice 8/21/14
 update your wallets now please

source: https://github.com/maxxine/TEK

windows http://www.mediafire.com/download/82390o41vsnwv5v/Tekcoin-qt-fix.zip
Unexpected end of archive it says.

DEAD.

DEAD.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:40:56 AM

I think its perfect timing fo all tekcoin supporters to switch from mining the tekcoin directly but to point their THs to the incoming Multipool that will support the buying power at the Exchanges!
Thank you all!

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: