Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:44:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:49:48 AM

btw, is there a way to run the miner without the control board?
or can we change the controlboard?

i have to wait bitmain to reply to my case, and have to wait him send me a good controlboard

from what I can see in logs etc, the cables to the boards are USB spec. I imagine if you had the pinout and that cgminer supports the s1 hardware, that you should be able to theoretically run the boards as usb devices off whatever controller you want.
I'd be interested in investigating this, I have one s1 and another 2 on the way. one controller for 6 boards (such as a RasPi) could be cool.
than any router board that openwrt supports and has usb ports like the tp-link board in the antminers should work.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
norgan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:11:08 AM

i have to wait bitmain to reply to my case, and have to wait him send me a good controlboard

from what I can see in logs etc, the cables to the boards are USB spec. I imagine if you had the pinout and that cgminer supports the s1 hardware, that you should be able to theoretically run the boards as usb devices off whatever controller you want.
I'd be interested in investigating this, I have one s1 and another 2 on the way. one controller for 6 boards (such as a RasPi) could be cool.
than any router board that openwrt supports and has usb ports like the tp-link board in the antminers should work.

why would it need to support openwrt? Linux, windows in fact anything that runs cgminer (or bfgminer?) would work as long as they detect as usb/serial devices.

my assumption is the large ribbon cables are simply usb and the smaller one is power and usb interface for control board.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:22:45 AM

why would it need to support openwrt? Linux, windows in fact anything that runs cgminer (or bfgminer?) would work as long as they detect as usb/serial devices.

my assumption is the large ribbon cables are simply usb and the smaller one is power and usb interface for control board.
Well they did ask about changing the controlboard so I'm just saying that, I wasn't saying that anyone had to stick with it.
My assumption was they would want to stick to a lowcost/lowpower solution. which would be another router probably.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:32:41 AM

Well they did ask about changing the controlboard so I'm just saying that, I wasn't saying that anyone had to stick with it.
My assumption was they would want to stick to a lowcost/lowpower solution. which would be another router probably.
i'll stick to this
problem is... IF bitmain send me a new / good control board...
IF they dont... i'll be damned, this S1 is as good as dead
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:50:46 AM

It can still ROI $150
Pjones

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:54:43 AM

Anyone got this to work with any other controller besides the one from Bitmain?
norgan

Activity: 308

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:11:42 AM

i'll stick to this
problem is... IF bitmain send me a new / good control board...
IF they dont... i'll be damned, this S1 is as good as dead

if you don't get a new control board i'll take the blades off you and try get a different controller working with it. IF I get a dead s1 to butcher then i'd be happy to investigate and share the mod/hack if successful

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
R4v37

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:20:09 PM

still waiting some miracles....  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:30:19 PM

still waiting some miracles....  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

What is your problem exactly?
I have managed to fix my Ant's problem.
Maybe I can help.
R4v37

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:14:57 AM

Maybe I can help.
my ANtminer S1 controller board wont start hashing

if i switch the bad controller board from the other good S1, it'll start hashing

tried to change the cables... flash firmware...etc
no hope

now am still waiting for bitmain to reply me about sending a good one (controllerboard)
but no hope,,, they're ignoring me now  Angry

anyway, is there a way to change the controller board of S1 with something buyable from the local market?
i mean, like RPI, or MR3020?
i just dont know how to modify the cables
Sailing_Nut

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:44:55 AM

Maybe I can help.

if i switch the bad controller board from the other good S1, it'll start hashing

no hope

now am still waiting for bitmain to reply me about sending a good one (controllerboard)

anyway, is there a way to change the controller board of S1 with something buyable from the local market?

I have read several of your posts on this problem and something just came to me. The configuration for the controller board is stored on the board. So when you switch a known good working board you are also transferring a known good working configuration.

Hate to be a pain, but have you verified that your configuration on the "bad" board is exactly the same as on the good board? (I would personally keep the "good" board off the network and even use the same IP address as the good configuration just to be sure that the control board is bad.)

Hope this bit of advice helps and that you find some small configuration difference that gets it working for you! (Hate to deal with RMA stuff!)
R4v37

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:08:54 AM

Maybe I can help.

no hope

I have read several of your posts on this problem and something just came to me. The configuration for the controller board is stored on the board. So when you switch a known good working board you are also transferring a known good working configuration.

Hate to be a pain, but have you verified that your configuration on the "bad" board is exactly the same as on the good board? (I would personally keep the "good" board off the network and even use the same IP address as the good configuration just to be sure that the control board is bad.)

Hope this bit of advice helps and that you find some small configuration difference that gets it working for you! (Hate to deal with RMA stuff!)

yeah, tried to restore from the known good board  Embarrassed
maybe the last option for me is, to search how to replace this board with something buyable rather than dealing with RMA
oh god, they're ignoring me  Shocked  Shocked
BITMAIN

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:49:10 AM

Hi R4v37,

May you have a try to exchange the suspected issue part from other miners running well?
Be sure the configuration and connection are correct, please send an email to info@bitmaintech.com to ask shipping label for returning part after detecting the issue part.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
R4v37

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:31:40 AM

Hi R4v37,

May you have a try to exchange the suspected issue part from other miners running well?
Be sure the configuration and connection are correct, please send an email to info@bitmaintech.com to ask shipping label for returning part after detecting the issue part.

yeah, 100% the controller board sir
already tried to exchange, and am sure this controller board is the main problem sir
it just wont start hashing or display status of the blades

about the configuration, am using the working one from other S1
same result, wont start hashing

ok sir, i'll try to email info@bitmaintech.com again
hope i got some ray of hope

i just want them to try remote my pc (teamviewer) and check it by themself
BITMAIN

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:47:47 AM

Hi R4v37,

already tried to exchange, and am sure this controller board is the main problem sir

Hi,
We will arrange RMA next Monday, UPS has a short break every Sunday.
Smiley

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
R4v37

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:41:13 AM

Hi R4v37,

Hi,
Smiley

ok sir, btw, am hoping that u try to remote my pc (teamviewer)
it'll be better you guys check it 1st, maybe some touches will make this dude running again  Cheesy

about the RMA, i send this controllerboard back to you 1st? or otherwise?
lose 1week of mining...  Undecided
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:45:12 AM

Hi R4v37,

Hi,
Smiley

it'll be better you guys check it 1st, maybe some touches will make this dude running again  Cheesy

If I was you I would ask Bitmain to send a new controller for now (which you will pay) and have them ship it ASAP, then return the faulty one and get refund.
R4v37

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:39:34 PM

Hi R4v37,

Hi,
Smiley

If I was you I would ask Bitmain to send a new controller for now (which you will pay) and have them ship it ASAP, then return the faulty one and get refund.

hmmmm, i'll try Cheesy
durdur23

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:10:35 AM

Hi, I have trouble running S1.
I bought 3 used S1, v1.5.
As for now, I can't see any blinking lights from RJ45 ports and I think that's why I can't connect to 192.168.x.x.
I don't know what went wrong since I could see the light blinking when I first got it. (I could connect to 192 at the beginning although I couldn't run the miner anyway.)
Could you give me some assumption what I did wrong?
Thanks
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:49:06 AM

Hi, I have trouble running S1.
I bought 3 used S1, v1.5.
As for now, I can't see any blinking lights from RJ45 ports and I think that's why I can't connect to 192.168.x.x.
I don't know what went wrong since I could see the light blinking when I first got it. (I could connect to 192 at the beginning although I couldn't run the miner anyway.)
Could you give me some assumption what I did wrong?
Thanks

At first reset you Antminer S1 via the reset button in controller. Then post back.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: