Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:26:27 PM

How much longer is discussion about 5 separate topics going to occur in one thread? Am I the only one who thinks this is an ineffective way of communicating?

Probably forever.  I like it.  This place is like a noisy and boisterous pub full of interesting people, a fun place to be.

Grin

+1.  Absolutely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:26:39 PM

Can you PM me which features do you want to see the most? Smiley I'm currently thinking about doing a NXT reddit. (with the different discussion areas)

If we can get a specific sum in NXT I could also take a break for a few months and working full-time on this.

Sure, let me think on it and I'll get back.  Overall I was thinking a reddit or a BTT style would be great.  Reddit might be a little more appropriate and easier to follow if I had to vote on it.

Okay. Thanks. You can also write me an email at contact@nxtarea.com

I like the reddit idea more. There you can create subreddits like "economy", "trading", "websites", "services" etc.. I'm not sure about the up and down voting, because this have to be on my database, and not on the blockchain.

For general voting I could also create an extra section for this on nxtion, where you have to vote with your account. The more NXT you send, the more voting points you got for the topic.

My goal is to make an api later, so that everyone can create it's own nxtion clones, but still based on my blockchain data.

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:31:39 PM

have you guys seen this? BitInstant CEO charged with money laundering
http://www.businessinsider.com/report-ceo-of-major-bitcoin-exchange-arrested-2014-1

That's why we have a bounty for article:
- Nxt and its Decentralized P2P exchanges with mixing services = totally untraceable, anonymous and uncontrolled by any government.

The sooner someone writes it the higher chance to get it published as an answer to this event

I dont think we even have any idea how any mixing could work.  We could do something regarding decentralized exchange as we can actually test this out now, but mixing....
opticalcarrier

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:37:57 PM

Yeha I was more talking about the domain then anything else.

The http://www.mynxt.info site looks really good indeed. Smiley

And your right that there is an enormous amount of work in the blockchain.info site.

All,  Ive created a DNS A record for blocks.nxtcrypto.org resolving to 87.230.14.1 which is nexern's block explorer.  In a bit of time it should propogate through the internet.  Now nexern's server may/maynot work correctly with this, but if anyone else can think of a better name than blocks for the site, let me know
cryptolawyer

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:40:58 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-ceo-of-major-bitcoin-exchange-arrested-2014-1

- Nxt and its Decentralized P2P exchanges with mixing services = totally untraceable, anonymous and uncontrolled by any government.

The sooner someone writes it the higher chance to get it published as an answer to this event

I dont think we even have any idea how any mixing could work.  We could do something regarding decentralized exchange as we can actually test this out now, but mixing....

One thing to consider as to mixing...this, more than anything, is what is currently giving regulators the world over agita. I agree it's a powerful feature, but emphasizing Nxt's unique abilities in this respect could make Nxt a bit of a poster child for all that's wrong with decentralized crypto currencies in lawmakers' eyes.

Then again, some say there's no such thing as bad publicity...
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:44:09 PM

So we are paying a CPM of around $75 for this advertising.  That's really expensive.

I'm not saying these audio spots are a bad idea, I don't know.  I'm saying $20K is a LOT of real money for an advertising budget.

If we are ready to spend that kind of cash, we should consider print ads in Bitcoin Magazine. 

For $20K we could get full page color ads on page 1 for the next three years in a printing of 25,000 in each month's production run.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/advertising/

http://btcmag.9wizards.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BITCOIN-Pricing-List-Interactive-Issues-17-19_web.pdf

This would have a CPM of around $20-$25.  Don Draper of Mad Men would say that's three times more effective.  Plus every ad could have a QR code or URL that would sweep the user immediately on to more info.

+1

do both...radio spots & print ads (doesn;t have to be 1st page but should be full page)

BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL....WE PLUG THE RASPI/ENERGY EFFICIENCY TECHNICAL STUFF IN PRINT or WEBSITE.

NOTE: isn't the Bitcoin magazine editors oppose to Nxt??

YES they are.  They were fast-tracking my "Whats NXT in the world of cryptocurrencies"  It went throuigh som proofreading and some critiques for no opposing viewpoints which I addressed, then went to chief editor who shot it down.  Said chief editor is founder of ethereum and specifically told me he wouldnt publish it because NXT was voted "most likely a scam" in some poll somewhere

Luckily for us though, I believe the sentiment is changing, and they will probably have no choice but to publish us now

BTW I managed to get it translated into many languages Smiley

Anon136: Why NXT ought to be taken seriously / Chinese (为什么我们应该重视Nxt?) / Miramare's Chinese translation / Spanish

Opticalcarrier Whats NXT in the World of Cryptocurrencies? / Spanish / Chinese / Russian
nxtgt

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:44:59 PM

How much longer is discussion about 5 separate topics going to occur in one thread? Am I the only one who thinks this is an ineffective way of communicating?

Probably forever.  I like it.  This place is like a noisy and boisterous pub full of interesting people, a fun place to be.

https://nxtchg.com/img/var/cheers.jpg

Grin

+1.  Absolutely.

Sometimes you want to go... where NOBODY knows your real name...   Wink Grin Cheesy

All joking aside, there's no reason why this thread couldn't still exist for general chatter. I think it's just as entertaining as you all, but I just don't think it's conducive to moving the project along as fast as it can go. As others have brought up, there's some fierce competition coming soon from Ethereum et al. Regardless of what you think about how they are structured with "heads" or "corporate leaders", I can guarantee they are organized in the sense that I am talking about: effective and efficient use of information, human and capital resources. I honestly think keeping big topic discussions going on in one thread is the equivalent of 50 people in one room shouting trying to get things done. Yes, it's possible to progress this way, but not as quickly and focused as they can be if discussion was held in dedicated threads.

I've yet to hear why others think keeping discussion about voting, marketing, client problems, when Cryptsy will add, a social network, what the LTB 1 minute spot will sound like, the rate of NXT/BTC, Bitcoin Miami updates, etc in ONE thread is a more effective way of communication rather than having dedicated topics for example:

Topic
Description
Progress Update
Timeline
Problems That Need Solutions
Bounties
mezzovide

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:45:52 PM

And your right that there is an enormous amount of work in the blockchain.info site.

All,  Ive created a DNS A record for blocks.nxtcrypto.org resolving to 87.230.14.1 which is nexern's block explorer.  In a bit of time it should propogate through the internet.  Now nexern's server may/maynot work correctly with this, but if anyone else can think of a better name than blocks for the site, let me know

didnt work, DNS has been propogated tho..

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    blocks.nxtcrypto.org
Address:  87.230.14.1

Btc : 12LMdyWoyjJ1BZxfWmaZMWjTXn7S9y5EdK
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:47:35 PM

From the business insider article quoted above:

FAIELLA, 52, of Cape Coral, Florida, and SHREM, 24, of New York, New York, are each charged with one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison, and one count of operating an unlicensed money transmitting business, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison. SHREM is also charged with one count of willful failure to file a suspicious activity report, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

Notice that each of these charges have nothing to do with drug activity even though it was drug activity that got law enforcement focused on these two guys.  In the United States, money flow is tightly regulated.   Theoretically anybody in the US who owns a single cryptocoin of any value could be charged with the first two legal charges, and anybody that makes a transaction having a value greater than $10,000 with any cryptocoin can be hit with the third charge.  

So far cryptocoin activity in the US is pretty much "under the radar" but as it gets bigger in years to come it is going to be more and more tightly regulated.  That includes NXT, and innovations to make it truly anonymous will be seen as a threat.
opticalcarrier

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:49:58 PM

didnt work, DNS has been propogated tho..

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    blocks.nxtcrypto.org
Address:  87.230.14.1

yeah, sounds like he'll have to have his server configured to work with that, if he wants it to work.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

My goal is to make an api later, so that everyone can create it's own nxtion clones, but still based on my blockchain data.

That would be great, especially for decentralized marketplace. 
cryptolawyer

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:56:30 PM

From the business insider article quoted above:

FAIELLA, 52, of Cape Coral, Florida, and SHREM, 24, of New York, New York, are each charged with one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison, and one count of operating an unlicensed money transmitting business, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison. SHREM is also charged with one count of willful failure to file a suspicious activity report, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

Notice that each of these charges have nothing to do with drug activity even though it was drug activity that got law enforcement focused on these two guys.  In the United States, money flow is tightly regulated.   Theoretically anybody in the US who owns a single cryptocoin could be charged with the first two legal charges, and anybody that makes a transaction with any cryptocoin with a transaction value greater than $10,000 can be hit with the third charge.  

So far cryptocoin activity in the US is pretty much "under the radar" but as it gets bigger in years to come it is going to be more and more tightly regulated.  That includes NXT, and innovations to make it truly anonymous will be seen as a threat.

Actually, much of this turns on whether a person or business is a money transmitter and therefor a money service business under the Bank Secrecy Act, which would require registration as such with FinCEN, implementing anti-money laundering procedures and filing suspicious activity reports (among other obligations). FinCEN has issued guidance that merely using crypto currencies to purchase goods or services or to exchange (even using freshly mined coins) does not cause someone to be a money transmitter and therefore rope them into the regulations, but there is still plenty of uncertainty (both with FinCEN and the Bank Secrecy Act and from the multitude of other federal and state regulators, most of whom have not yet said anything on the topic).

The New York Department of Financial Services is holding hearings today and tomorrow, and is contemplating a "Bitlicense" tailored to crypto currency-specific businesses.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:59:07 PM

They didnt show us this pictures them Miami guys Wink

http://imgur.com/oYW8GFs

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:00:21 PM

a sneak peak to my idea about a green Nxt video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic_WLMPX888&feature=youtu.be

Salsacz, I like the message, but the video comes across as somewhat amateurish with weird editing cuts.  I really like your animated Nxt intro video and feel that this message would be much better served in an animated video, then you can incorporate more stats without the distracting backdrop of people.
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:00:51 PM

Sometimes you want to go... where NOBODY knows your real name...   Wink Grin Cheesy

You are a funny bunch of people  Grin

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
newsilike

Activity: 630
Merit: 262

This account was hacked. just recently got it back

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:03:38 PM

So we are paying a CPM of around $75 for this advertising.  That's really expensive.

I'm not saying these audio spots are a bad idea, I don't know.  I'm saying $20K is a LOT of real money for an advertising budget.

If we are ready to spend that kind of cash, we should consider print ads in Bitcoin Magazine. 

For $20K we could get full page color ads on page 1 for the next three years in a printing of 25,000 in each month's production run.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/advertising/

http://btcmag.9wizards.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BITCOIN-Pricing-List-Interactive-Issues-17-19_web.pdf

This would have a CPM of around $20-$25.  Don Draper of Mad Men would say that's three times more effective.  Plus every ad could have a QR code or URL that would sweep the user immediately on to more info.

+1

do both...radio spots & print ads (doesn;t have to be 1st page but should be full page)

BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL....WE PLUG THE RASPI/ENERGY EFFICIENCY TECHNICAL STUFF IN PRINT or WEBSITE.

NOTE: isn't the Bitcoin magazine editors oppose to Nxt??

YES they are.  They were fast-tracking my "Whats NXT in the world of cryptocurrencies"  It went throuigh som proofreading and some critiques for no opposing viewpoints which I addressed, then went to chief editor who shot it down.  Said chief editor is founder of ethereum and specifically told me he wouldnt publish it because NXT was voted "most likely a scam" in some poll somewhere

Luckily for us though, I believe the sentiment is changing, and they will probably have no choice but to publish us now

BTW I managed to get it translated into many languages Smiley

Anon136: Why NXT ought to be taken seriously / Chinese (为什么我们应该重视Nxt?) / Miramare's Chinese translation / Spanish

Opticalcarrier Whats NXT in the World of Cryptocurrencies? / Spanish / Chinese / Russian
German
opticalcarrier

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the client to check for a public key in the blockchain everytime an account is unlocked, and it to warn the user that the account has no public key and does not have 2^256 security?

We know that something similar to this already happens - when an account is unlocked, the account is checked for collision with another account, and will not allow an account to be used if there is a collision with an account that already has a public key on the blockchain.  So what I'm suggesting isn't to terribly complex to implement.

This would spread the word out about account security, which would be a plus as we are sort of getting hammered on this issue.
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:08:46 PM

They didnt show us this pictures them Miami guys Wink

http://imgur.com/oYW8GFs

Oh, yeah, those pieces of scotch tape on her nipples totally make her not naked Smiley

Gotta love the hypocrisy...

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
ImmortAlex

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:10:21 PM

Ricky:
I have still little problem with:
"Don't freeze in Iceland"

- Iceland is very free and green country that supports Bitcoin and will be supporting Nxt when we beat this bastard. So I don't want to be cruel to our crazy friends Cheesy
Use Siberia instead of Iceland. It kick ass of every warm-lover.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:11:25 PM

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the client to check for a public key in the blockchain everytime an account is unlocked, and it to warn the user that the account has no public key and does not have 2^256 security?

This seems like a reasonable and easy to implement improvement (although maybe the wording of the text would need to be a little more "user friendly" than mentioning 2^256).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: « 1 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: