Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:51:28 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I talk about it I call it N.X.T., not "Next". This alleviates any confusion in the language.
agree,that is always N x t, not other anything.

I've always verbalized it as 'next', not N X T.

.: shrug :.   Undecided

Not sure if it matters or if we need consensus.

Nikel and I were joking around about the 'We're so decentralized' comments at the conference:

We're so decentralized, we can't even get a speaker on a plane to represent 'us'
We're so decentralized, if we had models like Bitpay, they would all be wearing different outfits at different conferences
We're so decentralized, voting on how to vote seems too central

and now...

We're so decentralized, we don't even agree on know how to pronounce our own eco-system

Nxt.. there's no u in us... oh wait, there is. Smiley

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:57:06 AM

So we are paying a CPM of around $75 for this advertising.  That's really expensive.

I'm not saying these audio spots are a bad idea, I don't know.  I'm saying $20K is a LOT of real money for an advertising budget.

If we are ready to spend that kind of cash, we should consider print ads in Bitcoin Magazine.  

For $20K we could get full page color ads on page 1 for the next three years in a printing of 25,000 in each month's production run.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/advertising/

http://btcmag.9wizards.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BITCOIN-Pricing-List-Interactive-Issues-17-19_web.pdf

This would have a CPM of around $20-$25.  Don Draper of Mad Men would say that's three times more effective.  Plus every ad could have a QR code or URL that would sweep the user immediately on to more info.

+1

do both...radio spots & print ads (doesn;t have to be 1st page but should be full page)

BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL....WE PLUG THE RASPI/ENERGY EFFICIENCY TECHNICAL STUFF IN PRINT or WEBSITE.

NOTE: isn't the Bitcoin magazine editors oppose to Nxt??

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:59:52 AM

We should stay with the plan of paying 230k nxt for this campaign and reserve the slots for the next months.
Keep in mind that Ethereum and emunie are on their way... nxt needs to be and stay in people's minds.

While long term etherium and emunie will probably get tangled in legal issues regarding their IPO's lack of formality, in the short term, they are coming out EXACTLY when NXT is vulnerable. Until April, we could actually have slightly less features than emunie.

I know this is a tech oriented community, but I hope you can understand that sometimes it is prudent to substitute marketing/PR for a gap in tech. It is only a temporary thing and maybe it won't be a big deal, but what if people make emunie a giant success and take the thunder away from NXT? Is that a risk we should take when we don't have to?

Marketing as DEFENSIVE weapon. Marketing to make people excited about NXT and wait until April to decide between NXT, emunie and etherium. By then, the lawyers might already be circling one or both of those, so it would be game over in favor of NXT.

That is a nice outcome and well worth taking the chance with 10 million NXT that is inching closer and closer to the incinerator. It is like a use it or lose it vacation time. Let's use it. Now is the perfect time to use these funds. It will make all of our NXT worth that much more in the long run. That is what I want. Don't you?

James

I AGREE 100%.....we are in competition people....NEW COKE IS A BETTER TASTING PRODUCT THAN CLASSIC COKE....but we all know how that ended.

PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:00:06 AM

I recommend designing some Nxt Polos or Long Sleeves for future conferences. The Bitshares and Ethereum crew really stood out when they walked around the conference.

PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:01:52 AM

So we are paying a CPM of around $75 for this advertising.  That's really expensive.

I'm not saying these audio spots are a bad idea, I don't know.  I'm saying $20K is a LOT of real money for an advertising budget.

If we are ready to spend that kind of cash, we should consider print ads in Bitcoin Magazine.  

For $20K we could get full page color ads on page 1 for the next three years in a printing of 25,000 in each month's production run.

http://btcmag.9wizards.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BITCOIN-Pricing-List-Interactive-Issues-17-19_web.pdf

This would have a CPM of around $20-$25.  Don Draper of Mad Men would say that's three times more effective.  Plus every ad could have a QR code or URL that would sweep the user immediately on to more info.

+1

do both...radio spots & print ads (doesn;t have to be 1st page but should be full page)

BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL....WE PLUG THE RASPI/ENERGY EFFICIENCY TECHNICAL STUFF IN PRINT or WEBSITE.

Bad rumor, I just heard back from Elizabeth introducing me to her writers.

abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:02:01 AM

So, just curious...How many of these spots will run in three months?  And what is the estimated number of listeners per spot?

I think its two episodes per week, with a listener base of 10000.

- agree 100%. Personally I think LTB do not worth this pile of money. A lot of non-native english speakers can not listen to ads, but they can read (articles, forums ads ...).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:02:14 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I talk about it I call it N.X.T., not "Next". This alleviates any confusion in the language.

.: shrug :.   Undecided

BCNext also said that it is Nxt .

IMO,if it is called or pronounced next, many people will misunderstand "Nxt" as "nextcoin".

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
fmiboy

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:08:36 AM

of course its too wordy. like i said in my orginial post you always start out with something longer than you need and trim the fat with revisions. you guys are really beginning to frustrate me. notice how its gets less wordy with every revision.

Anon, I respect what you are doing and I am not trying to frustrate you.  Let me leave you with one thought to consider.  I think you might be focusing too hard on making the perfect one minute spot and that is really not the right goal to focus on here.  The right goal is to focus on how to make the best 26 spot campaign.  

Don't start by thinking about what you want the listener to think at the end of the first 60 seconds.   Instead, what do you want the listener to think about NXT four months from now.   That NXT is cool tech?  Profitable?  A great gang to hang out with?   Fun?

Good audio advertising isn't about conveying dense information.  It's about creating an atmosphere around a brand.

You need to come up with a opening.  You need to come up with a musical stanza that becomes Pavlov's bell so that in four months, when people hear that stanza they know the next 57 seconds are going to be about NXT.  You need a slogan or a tag line that is said every time in every ad.

You need to list the 26 points you are going to get across in each of the 26 ads.

You can do it!  
+1
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:11:35 AM

GREAT....lets get the prices for full page adds, articles, etc....how about advertising on their website....pls do inquire into more details for us.

PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:12:20 AM

Myself, Nikel and 2 other people have formed a company called CoinTropolis. The company will serve as a bridge between established communities and exchanges/overall crypto players as well as helping new communities get started. We'll be announcing details in the next 4-6 weeks.

Why should anyone care?  I've (JustaBit) made an announcement that I'm wrapping up my time with Peercoin.  It's been an AMAZING experience, however, it's time to spend that time on our start-up. Part of getting our company together aligns with the goals of Nxt. In other words, we look forward to spending a lot more time helping bridge connections with this community.

We know a lot of people. As the community grows and our exposure increases, those players will come aboard. We're here to help, this will certainly be our test case.

wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:12:35 AM

.: shrug :.   Undecided

BCNext also said that it is Nxt .

IMO,if it is called or pronounced next, many people will misunderstand "Nxt" as "nextcoin".

nah BCNext said "I’d like to announce Nxt (pronounced as "next"), a cryptocurrency based on Bitcoin paradigm." in the original topic.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:13:14 AM

GREAT....lets get the prices for full page adds, articles, etc....how about advertising on their website....pls do inquire into more details for us.

I'll pass that on to Nikel. I'm working to get an article written, I want to avoid any conflict of interest.  I've worked with them through both Feather and Peer in the past.

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:14:19 AM

I recommend designing some Nxt Polos or Long Sleeves for future conferences. The Bitshares and Ethereum crew really stood out when they walked around the conference.

yes...someone was already planning on making T-shirts and sweaters....Nxt uniform  Grin would be great for conference attendees.

I think they were in the nextcoin.org forum.

2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:22:03 AM

yes...someone was already planning on making T-shirts and sweaters....Nxt uniform  Grin would be great for conference attendees.

Am I the only one that found the "Bitshares Babes" pathetic?  "Bitshares Babes"?  Seriously?  lol

Can't they draw attention from their innovations?

Don't degrade women and insult our intelligence.

The shirts sound like a good idea, but please, let's have some decorum and draw attention via our merits and not mindless ploys.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
fmiboy

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:22:41 AM

So, just curious...How many of these spots will run in three months?  And what is the estimated number of listeners per spot?

I think its two episodes per week, with a listener base of 10000.

This would have a CPM of around $20-$25.  Don Draper of Mad Men would say that's three times more effective.  Plus every ad could have a QR code or URL that would sweep the user immediately on to more info.

+1 prints are very valuable...
PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:34:26 AM

I'm I the only one that found the "Bitshares Babes" pathetic?  "Bitshares Babes"?  Seriously?  lol

Can't they draw attention from their innovations?

Don't degrade women and insult our intelligence.

The shirts sound like a good idea, but please, let's have some decorum and draw attention via our merits and not mindless ploys.

Girls - Yeah, was not a fan of that approach.  

Degrade Women - I never bought into that idea. Companies understand most guys aren't good with women. The girls get paid, guys get to look at eye candy.  I wouldn't want it for Nxt, I'm just saying degrading women isn't happening here. Two willing parties to meet a mutually beneficial arrangement is fine in my eyes. I respect where you are coming from 2Kool.

Shirts - Yeah, they were sharp.

Final - I walked around with a ridiculous large Peercoin button.  It was a conversation piece that opened up a lot of conversations:

"Oh you're with Peercoin, I'm a miner that.."
"Peercoin, I trade you (like I'm the actual coin itself lol) on btc-e"
"I want to introduce you to someone..."

I heard the above comments for 2 days straight, it became almost a game of which of the 3 will be said next. It allowed strangers to quickly get comfortable with the brand before even opening my mouth.I agree with tact, but I also like being put right out there. Subtle in a crowed market space is ambitious but often times causes grief.

I bet we're 90% of the same mindset.. just a little style differences.

ivanzhou

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:36:09 AM

Left a similar note on nextcoin.org.  A uniform is a nice and economical way to advertise.  I know we have some excellent graphic designers amongst us.  Once it's decided that we will wear a NXT uniform in future events and art works are rendered, I can go to the promotional product print shop for that my friend owns for a discount AND I will take care of the cost of buying and printing between 12-16 polos/T-shirts.  

I'm not a programmer and a lousy graphic designer with electrical engineering background.  The best I can do for this community besides being more vocal is contribute a little bit financially.  

Let me know guys.
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:40:38 AM

I agree with this part. If we're going to market, our target audience should ideally be two types of people: 1) End users, of course, but more importantly 2) skilled developers and businessmen.

NXT's strength is decentralization, and if we market to these type of people 2), they will see that they have a golden opportunity in the NXT ecosystem to contribute and make a name for themselves. And when they do, NXT's community will grow. Eth's and MSC, etc. single group of devs can only do so much at a time. NXT's group of dev's will only grow in time and eventually outpace the best other coins can do with our sheer volume of talent.

So if we do marketing, I believe marketing right now to get skilled people on-board is a good idea. Price increases will simply be a side-effect of the productivity the new talent brings in.

AGREE ....I wouldn't even call it marketing but EDUCATION.....we have to EDUCATE THE PUBLIC.

WHY ARE PEOPLE OPPOSE TO THIS.....WE HAVE ALREADY SET THE MARKETING BUDGET AT 3 MILLION.....lets use some for PRINT ADDS & RADIO SPOTS TILL APRIL.

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:44:56 AM

Shirts - Yeah, they were sharp.

Final - I walked around with a ridiculous large Peercoin button.  It was a conversation piece that opened up a lot of conversations:

"Oh you're with Peercoin, I'm a miner that.."
"Peercoin, I trade you (like I'm the actual coin itself lol) on btc-e"
"I want to introduce you to someone..."

I heard the above comments for 2 days straight, it became almost a game of which of the 3 will be said next. It allowed strangers to quickly get comfortable with the brand before even opening my mouth.I agree with tact, but I also like being put right out there. Subtle in a crowed market space is ambitious but often times causes grief.

I bet we're 90% of the same mindset.. just a little style differences.

I've been to a fair share of international tradeshows/conferences...and I totally agree with you....that button differentiated you very quickly which is good in attendees minds as they have limited amount of time to spend on every exhibitor.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:50:49 AM

with Bter adding Nxt ,price boom up ;
with Vircurex adding Nxt,price is quiet.

Vircurex is a low volume exchange and bter akready stole all the thunder by supporting it first.
Yes, Bter is a clever business provider

There's so much more to this puzzle (in my opinion) than just volume. When I sit down with businesses, it helps when we're added to established exchanges... that's allows me access to the next level of businesses. Once we build that relationship, we ask for mutual introductions and we hit another level.  The contacts we have now are literally waiting for us to hit a few more levels, added to a few more exchanges.. this is how it works in my experience.  

Every jump helps open doors for Nxt to slam dunk future meetings.  Vircurex is important for a number of reasons in my world.
yes,Nxt now is opening to more and more people with added  to more and more exchange platforms.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: