Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:39:13 PM

How much longer is discussion about 5 separate topics going to occur in one thread? Am I the only one who thinks this is an ineffective way of communicating?

I have no problem following all topics. If anything, it's convenient to monitor only one thread instead of 5.

Yes, for now, but as the complexity of the NXT ecosystem grows (and it seems like many here are expecting some sort of exponential growth), this will be a poor form of organizing and sifting through information, no?

Once it becomes too much of a mess people will naturally head over to the NXT forums. The infrastructure is there, it may be used any time.

Once I receive Nexern's email address, the next step with Cryptsy takes place. The email is written, waiting to go out.

Great!

Do you have any information as to how good the chances are to add NXT @ Cryptsy?
How long might that take?

Changes are very high (given their responses). It's more a matter of when than if.

When exactly can not be answered by anyone but Cryptsy themselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nxtgt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

How much longer is discussion about 5 separate topics going to occur in one thread? Am I the only one who thinks this is an ineffective way of communicating?

I have no problem following all topics. If anything, it's convenient to monitor only one thread instead of 5.

Yes, for now, but as the complexity of the NXT ecosystem grows (and it seems like many here are expecting some sort of exponential growth), this will be a poor form of organizing and sifting through information, no?

Once it becomes too much of a mess people will naturally head over to the NXT forums. The infrastructure is there, it may be used any time.

Don't you think development and organic project growth could be streamlined through focused discussion in dedicated topics?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:41:07 PM

To be a Nxter you first have to be prepared to wade through 1300+ pages and then you need to keep reading another few pages every day.

Grin

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
instacalm

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:45:08 PM

Probably forever.  I like it.  This place is like a noisy and boisterous pub, a fun place to be.

Don't you think it would be more effective and productive to discuss individual, big topics such as the voting system, asset exchange, marketing etc. in their own threads? Wouldn't it be easier and more timely for people to catch up on things that are of immediate interest if they can be found in dedicated topics rather than having to page through 20 pages of a mixing pot of client problems, voting system discussion, Too Damn High memes, questions about when NXT is going to hit $1, etc? Come on Ricky James, you're one of the more sensible people around these parts.

why not lobby the bitcointalk mods to add a new section on the front page below bitcoin discussion.. have a nextcoin discussion?? Smiley

Would be cool but I don't think they'll agree, they've been constantly pointing out that this is a "Bitcoin" forum.
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:46:00 PM

Since the main exchange is NXT <> BTC, you should see some form of price adjustment when one or the other loses or gains value.

Each trading pair has its own Market.

I understand, BUT  Grin

BTC has a value. When NXT came to life BTC was worth let's say $900 (don't know what it actually was). It looks like THAT price was the starting point for every other trade ever since... It hasn't moved up or down with BTC.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:46:30 PM

why not lobby the bitcointalk mods to add a new section on the front page below bitcoin discussion.. have a nextcoin discussion?? Smiley

The mods already showed to have negative attitude to Nxt. At least one of them.
nxtgt

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:46:59 PM

Probably forever.  I like it.  This place is like a noisy and boisterous pub, a fun place to be.

Don't you think it would be more effective and productive to discuss individual, big topics such as the voting system, asset exchange, marketing etc. in their own threads? Wouldn't it be easier and more timely for people to catch up on things that are of immediate interest if they can be found in dedicated topics rather than having to page through 20 pages of a mixing pot of client problems, voting system discussion, Too Damn High memes, questions about when NXT is going to hit $1, etc? Come on Ricky James, you're one of the more sensible people around these parts.

Because I'd rather talk to people in the community about it. Why do people think this is the most effective way of discussing and solving problems? With the amount of back and forth discussion about the intricacies of a voting system, surely people must have better reasons to keep discussion of multiple issues in one thread other than tradition.
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:47:46 PM

Probably forever.  I like it.  This place is like a noisy and boisterous pub full of interesting people, a fun place to be.

Grin

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:48:04 PM

CfB, I met with Paul over at Cryptsy at the Miami Conference. I'm CC'n you on the email about to go out.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
instacalm

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:48:07 PM

The BTT mods have shown negative attitude towards everything that is not Bitcoin as far as I perceive.
BaiMangal

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:49:30 PM

We need to get organized somehow and move to another place.

I would say it should be part of the marketing plan to move all of us to a well structured forum. We will have things done 10 times quicker.
But I guess thats the downside of having everything decetralized (kind of exciting tho haha)
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:50:03 PM

Speaking about voting. Can we just make it possible to choose method when one starts a voting? And maybe even edit parameters?

Yes, we can.

For all the people discussing voting (and I appreciate it!), let's not focus on whether it's 1 NXT = 1 vote or 1 account = 1 vote - it's neither.

If we want to solve it we need to find a clever, unexpected, original solution.

So start throwing here your crazy ideas, like "voting with your car" or "voting with your cat", instead of going in circles.
It would be great to develop a decentralized social network based on nxt. This will bring personalities to decision making process and they will care about their reputation. Also there will be groups and message boards to work together on world problems. On the other hand, such network itself will make nxt famous and everybody in the world will know what it is.
Let's give free people everything they need: money, power, electronic democracy!
Was it crazy enough?

CFB offered a bounty to develop a decentralized forum similar to BTT, but no one had tackled the project so far

Hey,

I'm doing this with nxtion.com. Wink Although there aren't many people which seem interested. :/

Soon encrypted messages will be implemented. For this I need to add quite some code. I need to code a whole new section. Then discussions will be implemented, after this a statistic and search option. Last but not least the possibility to post to other people walls. Also I plan to do groups.

If you want to discuss about specific topics, do you want areas (like on nextcoin.org: General, Economy, Promotion, Marketplace etc.) or do you want a simple thread where you can discuss the given topic?

Here are the votes for features: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=666

NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:52:00 PM

I would say it should be part of the marketing plan to move all of us to a well structured forum. We will have things done 10 times quicker.

We need somebody dedicated full time to just one task of managing a forum, otherwise it's not gonna happen.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
nxtgt

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:52:50 PM

We need to get organized somehow and move to another place.

But I guess thats the downside of having everything decetralized (kind of exciting tho haha)

You can get organized and remain de-centralized structurally. Don't confuse organization (meaning efficient and effective coordination of information, human and capital resources), a fundamental necessity to success, with the architectural design of the NXT ecosystem (decentralization).
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:59:02 PM

Once I receive Nexern's email address, the next step with Cryptsy takes place. The email is written, waiting to go out.

Great!

Do you have any information as to how good the chances are to add NXT @ Cryptsy?
How long might that take?

Email sent.

Nope, I'm simply offering Cryptsy resources to ask questions about implantation. I asked a few fairly direct questions at the conference, ultimately trying to figure out how to best serve the exchange.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:01:44 PM

Speaking about voting. Can we just make it possible to choose method when one starts a voting? And maybe even edit parameters?

Yes, we can.

For all the people discussing voting (and I appreciate it!), let's not focus on whether it's 1 NXT = 1 vote or 1 account = 1 vote - it's neither.

So start throwing here your crazy ideas, like "voting with your car" or "voting with your cat", instead of going in circles.
It would be great to develop a decentralized social network based on nxt. This will bring personalities to decision making process and they will care about their reputation. Also there will be groups and message boards to work together on world problems. On the other hand, such network itself will make nxt famous and everybody in the world will know what it is.
Let's give free people everything they need: money, power, electronic democracy!
Was it crazy enough?

CFB offered a bounty to develop a decentralized forum similar to BTT, but no one had tackled the project so far

Hey,

I'm doing this with nxtion.com. Wink Although there aren't many people which seem interested. :/

Soon encrypted messages will be implemented. For this I need to add quite some code. I need to code a whole new section. Then discussions will be implemented, after this a statistic and search option. Last but not least the possibility to post to other people walls. Also I plan to do groups.

If you want to discuss about specific topics, do you want areas (like on nextcoin.org: General, Economy, Promotion, Marketplace etc.) or do you want a simple thread where you can discuss the given topic?

Here are the votes for features: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=666

Awesome, thanks for doing that, I'm definitely interested.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:03:00 PM

Yes, we can.

Was it crazy enough?

Hey,

Awesome, thanks for doing that, I'm definitely interested.

Can you PM me which features do you want to see the most? Smiley I'm currently thinking about doing a NXT reddit. (with the different discussion areas)

If we can get a specific sum in NXT I could also take a break for a few months and working full-time on this.

basilson

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:19:33 PM

Since the main exchange is NXT <> BTC, you should see some form of price adjustment when one or the other loses or gains value.

Each trading pair has its own Market.

I understand, BUT  Grin

BTC has a value. When NXT came to life BTC was worth let's say $900 (don't know what it actually was). It looks like THAT price was the starting point for every other trade ever since... It hasn't moved up or down with BTC.

The answer is clear. We can get it if we think what is the "price" on the exchange? This is just a value in some order. The lowest value for selling and the highest one for buying in every moment of time. Ok, BTC is getting cheaper, we'd like to be NXT more expensive, but it means that people on the exchange
DGEX (for example) should buy NXT more and more. They just don't do it. Why? This is another question. But here you see there is no direct connection between pairs BTC-USD and BTC-NXT. Definitely, these markets are different.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:21:21 PM

Can you PM me which features do you want to see the most? Smiley I'm currently thinking about doing a NXT reddit. (with the different discussion areas)

If we can get a specific sum in NXT I could also take a break for a few months and working full-time on this.

Sure, let me think on it and I'll get back.  Overall I was thinking a reddit or a BTT style would be great.  Reddit might be a little more appropriate and easier to follow if I had to vote on it.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

So we are paying a CPM of around $75 for this advertising.  That's really expensive.

I'm not saying these audio spots are a bad idea, I don't know.  I'm saying $20K is a LOT of real money for an advertising budget.

If we are ready to spend that kind of cash, we should consider print ads in Bitcoin Magazine. 

For $20K we could get full page color ads on page 1 for the next three years in a printing of 25,000 in each month's production run.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/advertising/

http://btcmag.9wizards.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BITCOIN-Pricing-List-Interactive-Issues-17-19_web.pdf

This would have a CPM of around $20-$25.  Don Draper of Mad Men would say that's three times more effective.  Plus every ad could have a QR code or URL that would sweep the user immediately on to more info.

+1

do both...radio spots & print ads (doesn;t have to be 1st page but should be full page)

BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL....WE PLUG THE RASPI/ENERGY EFFICIENCY TECHNICAL STUFF IN PRINT or WEBSITE.

NOTE: isn't the Bitcoin magazine editors oppose to Nxt??

YES they are.  They were fast-tracking my "Whats NXT in the world of cryptocurrencies"  It went throuigh som proofreading and some critiques for no opposing viewpoints which I addressed, then went to chief editor who shot it down.  Said chief editor is founder of ethereum and specifically told me he wouldnt publish it because NXT was voted "most likely a scam" in some poll somewhere

Luckily for us though, I believe the sentiment is changing, and they will probably have no choice but to publish us now
Pages: « 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: