Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Jerical13

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:31:53 PM

+1

I think there needs to be someone assigned to newb outreach. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone with only basic computer knowledge trying to stay up to date with the updates, editing batch files, troubleshooting, etc. Hopefully the new Marketing person will allocate some funds towards this end. By the way, I voted for brooklynbtc for marketing comittee as he seems like someone who recognizes this problem and will address it.

[/quote]

For Sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
^[GS]^

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:35:56 PM

NXTio Peer updated to 0.8.5!! and forging!! Smiley
Mario123

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

lol Wink

nxtcountdown.com

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:03:09 PM

Hahahah

You should push the text "IT'S COMING: DECENTRALIZED ASSET EXCHANGE" with the countdown and the Youtube video video a little up.

brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:06:04 PM

Global Warming and charity mentioned on one page and all is well?

Grin

I will admit i did take my time to craft that reply..

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:09:00 PM

also this helps to protect against domain squatting. thats a really big deal since the person who acquires a domain is the monopoly provider meaning he has the leverage to charge outrageous prices as soon as he knows that someone wants it. if we didnt put a price on it than people would go crazy and reserve every domain imaginable and anyone who wanted to issue an asset would have to pay CRAZY prices. The net effect of making asset registration cheap would be that getting the asset you wanted would be orders of magnitude more expensive than if there was simply a cost for registering to begin with.

*edit* incidentally i really like the idea of having tiers of asset classes. that gives us the best of both worlds.

You're looking at a squatter here. Neither proud nor ashamed to admit it. Ok, maybe a little bit of shame, but I'll take that up with a future therapist if NXT ever goes lunar. Wink

I'm not sure if there are different 'types' of squatters. I've squatted aliases because 1) I see an opportunity and 2) I really have no other feasible way of expanding my NXT hodlings. None of my aliases were registered until after Dec 25, and some of the ones available were amazing.

How long have we been talking about Auroracoin? I registered AUR this morning. Squatting? Or people walking past a metaphorical bag of cash on a street corner? I'm asking this sincerely because I have mixed feelings about registering things I have no plans to personally use. With that said, on anything I have no plans to use, I'd never ransom them for exorbitant fees, or would simply give them away.

I'm torn on the AE fee of 1 vs. 1000. A fee of 1000 will stop people like me from issuing an asset; on the other hand, it will stop people like me from issuing an asset. Cheesy

It will definitely limit the number of assets I will issue (I hodl about 7900 NXT).

Having a fee of 1000 won't stop squatting. Mitigate, but not stop.

The fear, I think, is the people who are squatting will control assets to further their self-interest vs. that of the community/ecosystem. Hopefully, people that do sit on an asset/alias will realize that the strength of Nxt is in their self-interest and act accordingly.

i never blame people for responding rationally to incentives. if assets were free to register i would probably register as many as i could as well, while still disagreeing with the general premise. its just another example of the tragedy of the commons. my interest is not in blaming people for being rationally self interested, but in crafting an incentive structure where rational self interest leads to outcomes that maximize utility.

But you are addressing the problem in a way that restricts utility. If the AE is to be a free market, there should be no restrictions or constraints imposed on it other than the ones necessary for its safe and secure functionality.

If you are worried that if making the fees so low that it is going to cause a problem with the number of issued asset making the AE a clusterfuck, I suggest that you plan on it being a clusterfuck anyway; because if it is truly successful that is what is going to be. Charging 1000 NXT issue fees isn't going to stop that.

The AE is a beautiful thing, symbolically, but it can't be considered to be a finished product as is. All of the reasons that I have seen for the fee for issuing assets being set at 1000 NXT are all things that could be and should be sighted as functionality issues with the AE, and if looked at this way are only problems that CAN be solved with out implementing any constraints to the free market.

The secure functionality of the AE is all we should concern ourselves with.

Trust me im a huge free market guy so you are preaching to the choir here. But if you will just leave those preconceptions behind think through the argument here.

Free markets work really well in competitive environments. That is the closer to perfect competition we have in a market the better the outcomes. Domain name registration is a unique case of what we might think of as a perfect monopoly. Its literally the exact opposite of perfect competition.

It's not about clusterfucking that i am worried. Its about people sweeping up every domain available , starting with AAAAAA through ZZZZZZ as quickly as they can inorder to be the monopolistic provider of the domain that someone else demands later. From their monopoly position they can charge outrageous rates. Its the competition that makes free markets work well, people cant charge outrageous prices because competitors will undercut them. But there can be no competing provider of a single domain name so that wonderful aspect of free markets breaks down in this particular unique case.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:11:36 PM

Hahahah

You should push the text "IT'S COMING: DECENTRALIZED ASSET EXCHANGE" with the countdown and the Youtube video video a little up.

It should look something like this when I click on the website. The video is'nt cut in half now;

https://i.imgur.com/9bjhv3Z.jpg

EDIT: I see you already did it. Nice job! Now let's hope the dev team will give us a deadline so we can start the clock!

Mario123

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

Well, it depends on your resolution. But I updated it for your pleasure. Wink

Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:16:37 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 09:29:38 PM by Fatih87SK

Well, it depends on your resolution. But I updated it for your pleasure. Wink

Hmm ok. I was seeing the same at home and at work. So I thought it was the same for everyone.

Thanks!

Ps. It also looks awesome on my iPad

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

So has anyone researched the potential regulatory problems that we have for Asset Exchange and/or Cross Chain Transactions? That is, do we run into issues in the US for being a MSB, and do we need to do KYC and AML stuff.

I'd be willing to do the research and draft up a whitepaper if people would find that helpful or informative. My hope is that we can find a loophole that doesn't kill AE before it ever takes off, and the whitepaper would be the community's position on the issue(s).

I would like to see something like this.

Maybe, you could additionally explore the issue enlightenment regarding gambling addiction. I consider the AE as a place where many people can loose their money. We actually do not need regulation but ways of how to enlighten participants about gambling/loosing money etc. as some countries (e.g. Germany) require such thing in case of financial instruments.

I've understand that people can see  cryptocurrrencies as the loophole - well lots of crapcoin can claim occupy that space and thats not all i think we aspire NXT to be.

NXT should protect peoples privacy but also should seek to establish a level of trust, there may be areas where KYC and AML do not apply and there may be places like AE where frankly they will need to. WE as a community need to understand where these boundaries are or suffer the consequences.

I think we should value some intelligence on this and if you need any help proof reading, etc let me know.

mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:32:13 PM

So has anyone researched the potential regulatory problems that we have for Asset Exchange and/or Cross Chain Transactions? That is, do we run into issues in the US for being a MSB, and do we need to do KYC and AML stuff.

I'd be willing to do the research and draft up a whitepaper if people would find that helpful or informative. My hope is that we can find a loophole that doesn't kill AE before it ever takes off, and the whitepaper would be the community's position on the issue(s).

Please see my post here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5242966#msg5242966

"Asset Exchange is a great tool, but will not succeed without service providers. The most important question is…
How to get legal FIAT out of the IPO?

Let me explain the IPO process using Nxt´s Asset Exchange through our example:
We have a limited liability company (ltd) in Austria with financial reports for the last two years which is accessible online. The owners are known; we will try to provide a reasonable business plan and are ready to attend Q&A sessions so we can wave away all doubts. We are planning to pay dividends regularly to our investors depending of income. 
We are not a startup, but for this project, we will need another office, new developers, and a lot of things related to the daily job which we can´t (yet) pay with Bitcoin or Nxt, so we will definitively need FIAT to make those purchases. We need legal FIAT that the company can spend.
I am pretty sure that after the story with Visacoin (and all the other scammers) most of us will only invest in companies/projects of well-known community members, where the transparency is given, so you know whom you are lending your money. And they will also need a gateway to get legal FIAT out of the IPO.
I decided to consult a tax advisor, a business consultant and a professional offshore consultant to get an overview about the possibilities. And I am more than thrilled about the news I got. Smiley

My offer:
There are several ways for a company to get FIAT out of crypto, paying only a reasonable amount of tax. But all the ways are going through a special company (with special license) that is made for this purpose. There are professionals who know how to set things up in a LEGAL way, without risks. Sure, we need to pay (a reasonable amount of) taxes, but for that, we can have a good night´s sleep without the risk of getting busted for money laundering, tax evasion or something similar. We can have our own company, earn money by charging handling and transaction fees, AND help the community to grow and evolve. I am looking for a well-known community member to team up with to found this special company. I am a member of the community since the end of November and am ready to meet in person, wherever we can arrange it. This is a big opportunity, I think, but I can´t do it alone. I need someone to brainstorm with, to share the ideas, the work, the responsibility, the win and of course the risk of this investment.
Setting up a company (anonymously, so our name will not be linked to it) will cost 15 000 Euro (around 33 BTC or 350 000 Nxt) INCLUDING all costs for setting up the company in the Seychelles, all the consultants fees, and all other connected costs for the first year. From the second year on, the maintenance costs will be around 6000 Euro + an annual turnover tax of 1.5%. Setting up the same company not anonymously would cost 10 000 Euro.

We will be able to help to convert crypto to FIAT, and also to pay the dividends (in a legal way in FIAT) to the investors through our company if the startup doesn´t want to bother with this. Something similar to what Havelock Investment is doing, except, that we will not look for projects and attract investors, as this will be done using Nxt´s Asset Exchange. We step in once the funding was successful and the desired amount of investment was raised by the community.

I´ve already spent around 500 Euros on consulting with the above mentioned guys, so I am very serious about this, but will not start the project alone, just to make this clear.
I will be in Moscow this Friday till Monday and will be in New York in the end of March if someone would like to discuss this in person. "
mcjavar

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:36:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26E0lFUP4qw#start=0:00;end=8:46;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

NXT mentioned briefly - AGAIN, at about 6:00...

I wish there was a heavy-duty-pro-fulltime-spokesperson that would represent NXT the way that Hoskinson does, or Larimer, etc...

I would like to hear a 1hour LTB show, dedicated to NXT, with Adam B Levine (he's the best interviewer IMO), with his know-how and great questions...

I'm looking forward to hearing Anon, but I think everybody would like to see even more firepower in this regard.

We need REAL people behind Nxt. Faces, associated with Nxt. Like the Etherium guys have. Otherwise we are fucked and all the smart "to da moon" people will be disappointed, because there won´t be real buying volume behind Nxt.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:37:32 PM

I WANT YOUR VOTE!

Vote BrooklynBTC for Marketing Committee!

Already done,,,, now assuming you get on this committee I want to see some NXtopia stories !!  before that brain of yours gets carried away with Marketing stuff....

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:37:45 PM

Salsacz & marketing team.....pls look into this for AE: www.thunderclap.it

^[GS]^

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

Do not exist pool's of NXT Network

There is a difference:

• Pool:
    * No risk (no inversion).
    * Requires participation by the user.
    * It's a job.
    * Users are members.
  • Forges / Blacksmith:
    * Risk (with inversion).
    * No participation is required by the investor.
    * It is a bank of long-term investment.
    * Users are investors.

So really, do not exist pool's of NXT network. Are forges or blacksmith, but no pool.

Therefore, NXTio is not a pool! So, i never call it pool.

I'm over 4 months in NXT, and still there are people who keeps calling "pool" to "forges".

Regards!
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26E0lFUP4qw#start=0:00;end=8:46;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

I wish there was a heavy-duty-pro-fulltime-spokesperson that would represent NXT the way that Hoskinson does, or Larimer, etc...

I would like to hear a 1hour LTB show, dedicated to NXT, with Adam B Levine (he's the best interviewer IMO), with his know-how and great questions...

I'm looking forward to hearing Anon, but I think everybody would like to see even more firepower in this regard.

We need REAL people behind Nxt. Faces, associated with Nxt. Like the Etherium guys have. Otherwise we are fucked and all the smart "to da moon" people will be disappointed, because there won´t be real buying volume behind Nxt.

Exactly, I feel the same.
newsilike

Activity: 630
Merit: 262

This account was hacked. just recently got it back

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

When the AE is officially launched, we should definitely get a spot!
verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:49:29 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 10:12:27 PM by verymuchso

Offspring v0.3.1e released

Downloads available for Windows, MacOS and Linux.

https://bitbucket.org/incentivetoken/offspring-public/downloads

See wiki for changelog.

https://bitbucket.org/incentivetoken/offspring-public/wiki/Home

[4-3-2014] version 0.3.1e:
  • Offspring now uses NXT from source instead of precompiled versions
  • Compiled against NXT 0.8.5
  • Offspring version and NXT version shown in title bar
  • At startup user can select to start main or test network, if you choose test network you will use a separate wallet
  • First bare-bones implementation list of assets in Trader section (only available on test network)
  • First bare-bones implementation list of trades in Trader section (only available on test network)
  • You can now add *read-only* accounts, enter any account number and it will show up in the accounts section

[3-3-2014] version 0.3e:
  • Offspring now uses the NXT Java API
  • NXT 0.8.3
  • Added easy discovery/registration/update for aliases
  • Temporarily disabled recent blocks viewer
  • Added Trader section (not yet enabled)
  • Numerous changes to UI in the dialogs because responses from NXT are instant now
  • Database and wallet are now in the users home folder
  • Database can be cleared from menu, new blockchain will be downloaded
  • Total uploaded/downloaded visible in the statusbar
  • Height of latest block in your blockchain is shown in the statusbar
  • Last block timestamp and number of seconds ago are visible in the statusbar
  • A progressbar displays how much of the blockchain you have downloaded and how much more to go
  • Each account is forging by default, you can turn forging on and off and your generation time is shown
  • Early version of messaging implemented. You can enter an account number and a text and it will send the text to that account number. Messages are not encrypted! Everyone can read what you send (like twitter).

Offspring is created by DGEX http://dgex.com

mcjavar

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:52:04 PM

ATTENTION!

The following roles have to be filled in order to speed up the AE development (Atomic Crosschain / AE Gateway) of James!

JAVA Developer
- with knowledge about Bitcoin protocol (or a really fast learner)

Tester / Power User (up to 3 people)
- we need at least one full time Tester / Power User (but part time would be also ok)
- with some technical knowledge preferably
- experience in writing testcases would be great

I think I don´t have to explain why this feature is needed and what it would do with the price of Nxt... Smiley

Any volunteers in the community?

Please let me know about your thoughts!

antanst already offered his help. Thank you very much, really appreciated! But we still need developers and more power users / testers!
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:06:37 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to write me. Can you tell me if you would consider using global warming / climate change as a selling point when promoting Nxt? Feel free to post publicly in the thread if you want more people to see it, but if you do so, I'd appreciate if you PMd me a link to your response so I don't miss it.

Thank you.

Hi IveBeenBit

Thanks for the reply.

We have witnessed lots of fighting and arguing in the thread, and in real life, over global warming. I personally believe that the Earth is being overburdened through man made actions and that we as humans need to pay attention to this.

The marketing committee's role is to foster, fund, and promote NXT and NXT related endeavours, on behalf of the community. I am for green marketing, but only in the case that the marketing is solid. I will not support any wasteful marketing plans, no matter the truth of the talking points.

In a similar way I support children's charities, but do I think they are the way to support NXT? NO!

I think supporting NXT in its complete roles with Automated Exchange and Transparent Forging is the greenest action we could possibly take. When NXT can trade all other coins, we will already be saving so much energy.

When the crypto community sees that the mining arms race is foolish, and NXT with its Advanced features is the truly valuable platform, the ASICs and Server Farms will not be needed.
 That is the real goal of green marketing, stopping the wasteful actions behind Mining, not promoting NXT.

I am going to post this word for word in the main thread, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Jef

I'm someone that's done quite a few interviews for different cryptos:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=479167.msg5417724#msg5417724

I disagree with you 100% concerning Songs of Love charity push. Anytime we face the 'so what can you actually do with Nxt' question, we now have a response that people outside the hardcore nerd crypto scene can relate. Nxt as an eco-system has the power to transform real world issues. If I look at the long-term ROI, I'm happy with the initiative. Once the Songs of Love LA event is over, we'll be able to take some of that footage and use it in marketing.  There's long-term positive effects from that small marketing initiative which was funded entirely by private donations, nothing came directly from the marketing department.  I respect the difference of opinion, I just see the drive well worth the time I put into organizing the endeavor. It's one of main strategies to help develop the brand while also helping those that can't help themselves.

I want your vote for marketing committee.

I was asked by Sunny King of Peercoin to assist their community in building a presence. I came in to a relatively quiet community and helped get it moving again with the help of some amazing community members.  I have the experience, I'd love to continue to drive those results for Nxt.
Pages: « 1 ... 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: