Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:17:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 [2218] 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761537 times)
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:09:48 PM

i dont think it really matters what nxt is... tbh i dont think many people really know what it is... only that its potential is astronomical! forget about what you think it is or should be... it is what it is and calling it one thing or another wont change jack shit and wont affect what it can be in the future, however wasting time over whether its Nxt or Nxtcoin or whether its a building block or whatever you want it to be is a big big waste of time! so just get on with it...

We should be clear about that it is very important for marketing that we know what Nxt is and that we call it the right way. Never heard of marketing and the importance of it, heh?

would it really have made a difference if tcp/ip had been called hoogleshmoogle? maybe to the devs yes.. but the rest of the world? oh wait do the rest of the world even know what hoogleshmoogle tcp/ip is? NO... so why does it matter!

wtf i want hoogleshmoogles right now.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

MARKETING TEAM!!!

Can we have a ANN Thread today?

"[ANN]: NXT ASSET EXCHANGE on testNET LIVE! EASY Client included! Ask for testNXT!"

I think nobody knows that our Asset Exchange is working in TestNet?!? Announce it! Mastercoin Exchange will die, I'm sure...

I'd be happy to make a thread for AE.

What needs to be clear for everyone?

I think just this, isn't it?

Wesley's client: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

Where can they ask for TestNxt? In the [ANN] thread? Who will give those out?

Please let me know and I'll make one. Won't have time to monitor it today, though, so some people should step in, too Smiley

if you send a good chunk of test nxt to me i can dish it out for a few hours! Smiley il monitor the [ANN] thread and watch out for any questions. if they are techy ones il just post the link to them here and someone else can step in on that side

I can send 15-20 k TestNxt to every person who asks me.

I'm doing it for a couple of weeks

There is such a thread for AE testing - it only needs to be noticed and used:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507444.msg5615079#msg5615079

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

Haha, yeah. No. Please a new thread if everything works fine on wesleys online client.
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:21:00 PM

+1 to new thread inviting everyone to try it and post doubts,in a user friendly way.Would help to have some more feedback from people who dont know what Nxt is before its finally launched in April.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:23:32 PM

it looks very techy though and would scare off the less techy people.. even the fact that it has instructions shows its not something you can just open and intuitively do!
[/quote]

yes, well - then just go ahead and make it so ...

rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

well, our Messiah told it clearly, but still, - only "at least now":

quote author=BCNext link=topic=303898.msg3413767#msg3413767 date=1382764982
Nxt has such features as

# Instant transactions ("0-confirmation transactions")
# Anonymity of IP address send transactions & mining blocks (with Tor or the cloud client)
# P2P exchange BTC (with colored coins)
# Faster difficulty changes (adjusted each block)
# Name doesn't contain "coin", "cash", "kash", "money", "dollar",  nor "bit" (at least now, Nxt is a codename)

VISA scale volume can be achieved with 32 Mbps connection.

I can not give an answer regarding Zerocoin/CoinJoin now, I am not very familiar with these concepts.

But this has got some history, so the time has changes (but not sure if it is better now Cheesy )

quote author=Ukigo link=topic=183000.msg1909838#msg1909838 date=1366625491

Quote from: Ukigolink=topic=183000.msg1909838#msg1909838 date=1366625491
Hi all !
For new proposed "inflationary" fork of PPCoin,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157994.0
we need to coin REALLY good name.

There are 3 rules  :

1) The name of the fork should NOT contain
 these particles : "coin", "money", "cash", "bit", byte". ( some other disallowed syllables might be added here later ).

2) The name of the coin should NOT be
 trademarked, registered, copyrighted,
 or patented.

Huh.  Thanks, Salsa, suddenly I think I'm a better detective than I thought I was.

Hey C-f-B...  is there any chance we get BCNext's 3rd plan ahead of schedule?    Roll Eyes

...it will make more sense to decide/agree on modifications once we have the full picture...

Ask him directly. Salsacz knows his real account.

Let me clarify.  I do not claim to know his REAL identity either.  However, BCNext himself has acknowledged being a long time poster at BCT under another user ID.  I believe I know that BCT user ID.  Do you know that?

If so, one day I will send you an anonymous message on the NXT blockchain revisiting this topic.

Let's play the game but we fix the weak points in such a way:

1. U post ur guess in this thread, I'll answer it publicly as well.
2. I tell TRUE or FALSE according to my guess regarding the real identity of BCNext.

PS: And then u'll tell why u think so, ok?

OK.

I think BTNext's previously used BCT username was/is Ukigo.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

Cool
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

NXT AT PROJECT HELP.  NEED JAVA PROGRAMMER.

This is a request by CIYAM for help with AT.  Need to get on this asap

Quote:
The first thing we are going to need is a Java programmer to convert my C++ prototype (and yes I want the Java code to use the console so we can easily run test cases).

Unfortunately CfB isn't interested in doing this in a way that would allow for proper testing so I'd rather he wasn't actually involved in AT other than providing assistance with the Nxt AT API side of things (i.e. how Nxt AT can send and receive transactions as well as get other information and some general functions like say testing a hash value).

Anyone interested in helping CIYAM?
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:34:22 PM

Cool

lulz and CfB was the 2nd reply in that thread
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

One thing comes to mind that everyone seems to not even consider:

The big whales, what about if they are systematically dumping NXT to not cause a huge price fluctuation so they can still profit?

Everyone seems to think they are trying to help people buy into NXT cheap, what about if the opposite is true and they are tryign to cash out as high as possible before the market goes lower.

I mean, if they really wanted to help, from the beginning they would have redistributed all their large sums of NXT in order for it to be more fair and have a more stable market fluctuation.

That is all.

I will be leaving but invested in NXT with much smaller safe sums.

Hope the project takes off for those who have worked hard to get it going, I have given up and it seems like almost everyone here is living in imagination land.
Just remember, for NXT to even be worth one dollar, it has to reach at least a market cap of $1 billion dollars.
It's a long way from that and the community is not reaching the people that need to be reached: The average person.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:37:48 PM

All right people please explain this to me;

Is it possible that some criminal have an automatic bot that all day long is guessing the secret passphrase for NXT accounts. If the bot found a passphrase that GOT some NXT in it, send it to one allocated account and if there is NOT NXT proceed to next guessing. If you do this with very power computer / bot for a long time this will have success. How long will it take that the NXT accounts are all discovered?

Can we build something to prevent this?

Yes,  this was discussed a while back ago.    Happens all the time with Nxt implementation of 'secret passphrase'.  Some out there is constanly mining for passwords.   In fact DoctorEvil who cracked the genesis account a while back ago said that a big percentage of coin in 'mineable' in this way.

Just a minor point - people are attacking all crypto's in this way all the time... Its just the others hide the passphrase in a wallet and generate it for you which is what some of the new clients do...
There has been a recent review of NXT Crypto which has confirmed its safety if you use a strong passphrase...
Suggest you read it.

LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:39:27 PM

fact or fiction...

lemonandfries == emule....

fact!!!

I am a simple bio/physics major student.  Leave that idea alone already.

I wish I was emule because then I'd have a bunch of money, but sadly I am not.

I will leave you with that, such an irrational and illogical community,

Talk about close mindedness and wishful thinking.
msin
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:45:29 PM

fact or fiction...

lemonandfries == emule....

fact!!!

I am a simple bio/physics major student.  Leave that idea alone already.

I wish I was emule because then I'd have a bunch of money, but sadly I am not.

I will leave you with that, such an irrational and illogical community,

Talk about close mindedness and wishful thinking.

You are a student and you are preaching about imagination land.  Haha, okay, let the big boys continue the discussion in the real world.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:45:44 PM

One thing comes to mind that everyone seems to not even consider:

The big whales, what about if they are systematically dumping NXT to not cause a huge price fluctuation so they can still profit?

Everyone seems to think they are trying to help people buy into NXT cheap, what about if the opposite is true and they are tryign to cash out as high as possible before the market goes lower.

I mean, if they really wanted to help, from the beginning they would have redistributed all their large sums of NXT in order for it to be more fair and have a more stable market fluctuation.

That is all.

I will be leaving but invested in NXT with much smaller safe sums.

Hope the project takes off for those who have worked hard to get it going, I have given up and it seems like almost everyone here is living in imagination land.
Just remember, for NXT to even be worth one dollar, it has to reach at least a market cap of $1 billion dollars.
It's a long way from that and the community is not reaching the people that need to be reached: The average person.

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I believe that products based on NXT need to reach a percentage of the average people but NXT could be for just a few thousand of us fortunate enough to see a good thing early and get in on it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:55:30 PM

So uh..........have we officially broken the TestNet now?
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:56:44 PM

So uh..........have we officially broken the TestNet now?

Yes: https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/63/nullpointerexception-when-attachment
msin
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:56:57 PM

What are the current ideas of having coins on top of Nxt:

- Coins via Asset Exchange
- Coins as parallel blockchains
- Using AM (How? And is this idea dismissed?)
- ...?

+1
Would be great if someone can create a write-up outlining the differences.  
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:57:29 PM

Nifty.
antanst

Activity: 294
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:01:45 PM

Come on, wesley. Give credit where it's due   Smiley  https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/62/testnet-breaks-when-flooded-with-bogus-bid

gck

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:02:44 PM

I am going to keep asking untill someone either tells me that this is nonesense (and explain) or a real explanation...  Huh

If NXT is ONLY a building block and NOT a currency- what will drive its value?

Some on this thread believe that the overall value of transactions within the NXT ecosystem will drive the value of a single NXT and the overall market cap even if NXT itself is no longer a currency. One other person in this thread called it the gold, the basic store of value etc.

I believe that this, or aspects of this are the real problem around the node discussion and a contradiction:

If this was a centralized company (like ripple or google) than I would be very happy to become a decentralized Sysco (infrastructure) or Google (implementation) and enjoy my price per share (the parallel to my price per NXT) go through the roof. However, in a decentralized setting- this is not the same thing. The NXT building blocks per se are not worth anything if not ALSO functioning as a unit of exchange either within the NXT ecosystem or as a combination of ecosystem and real world transactions (BTC in overstock or Virgin for example)

Since this is NOT a share or a financial asset per se (if primarily a building block as BCNEXT and friends want it) it will have no real monetary value. it will only have monetary value if used as the oil within the NXT ecosystem (this is what Etherium are doing with their ETHER), i.e. that you need to have some to create anything + to transact + to pay dividends etc. NOT just a building block.

Abandoning the 1.0 aspect of NXT will diminish the value from which a cap is derived

Using this as a 1.0 on top of the decentralized platform and requiring fees, pay dividends but stuff etc. will create a real economic value - an economy on which it will work.

Right now I dont see NXT as emphasizing 1.0 aspect and therefore dont see how it will hold value independently- but rather have great valuable decentralized asstets on top of it without real value as per 1NXT transferable to BTC or USD.

can someone argue against my assertion? thank you- and soryy for asking this for the 6th time in the past 10 days

This is my question as well.  Instead of using nodecoin as the sole incentive for running a node...why not let the OTHER assets on NXT be the reward?  You could reward people small amounts of any coin (or asset) they desire from the trading fees (small amounts...say 0.00000010 or less).  Someone with a large stake in NXT could get slightly higher amounts.  That way even someone that has just 1NXT...gets something for being an active node.  That would give one hell of an incentive to get into NXT.  Everyone becomes there own micro exchange.

Am I completely off base here?

of course! is a great idea!!!!

Everyone becomes there own micro exchange.

this is the solution. AE NXT exchange charges a small Nxt coin fee for each transaction and distributes
the fee to the active nodes

The active nodes receive two fees

A fee for each exchange assets independent of fund account
A fee as currently does nxt if node forges

if you want to use AE nxt you have to use Nxt coins to pay the fees

Damn...screwed up the quotes

Yes...but also you are also actively collecting small shares of other assets, like Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc. as part of running a node.  You could actively choose which.  Say you want to collect Bitcoin one day, but Litecoin the next as it is doing well.  The reward for being an active node is receiving a part of the transaction fee in that asset as well as NXT.  It could be structured so that NXT stays valuable.  Say you have nodes with 1-100,000 NXT....well they may only receive 0.00000001 per transaction, but maybe receive it every other transaction.  That way no one amounts so much of an asset that NXT becomes less valuable.

NXT becomes the gateway to Bitcoin and the other alts (AND anything else thrown onto the platform...property, gold...you name it) by actively participating.

I must say your idea is a little better as it only deals with NXT, BUT not everyone wants to get into NXT or has a large stake in another alt.

NXT itself above all else must provide incentive for getting into it.
Pages: « 1 ... 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 [2218] 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: