Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:24:28 AM

Wesley,
Have you considered implementing a random character generator into the nxt client, and then saving that string in a local file encrypted by a password chosen on the first login? It would act as the equivalent of a wallet file.

I can write the scripts for you in whatever language you need...

that is interesting.

The main problem would be *backup* when you are considering .js (storing in localStorage).

So even if you were to do this you'd need to display the multiple words or random characters (better multiple words IMO) for when the user changes browser or computer.

Hi guy, I create a thread on the new forum so we can discuss on how to implement a wallet with Nxt:
http://107.170.117.237/index.php/topic,56.0.html
I quote your post as a starting point.
feel free to contribute on the new forum.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 04:24:55 AM

Adam: have you watched my video about Nxt decentralized internet? http://youtu.be/RtTWUwRL9mQ - still little imperfect, but with ideas Cheesy

Who are you trying to appeal to?  Maybe people on this forum but few others would stay past the first few clips.

You guys need to create your own content.  I have loved what Kris has done with the NXT Minute, I think its the perfect mix of update and invitation.  It's obvious you guys are doing stuff and making decisions, the community is active and growing and you're one of the leading players in the 2.0 game. 

But you need more than soundbytes, you need speakers who breath NXT.  Don't look to existing Bitcoin people, everybody I know is crazy overwhelmed with projects right now, you need to self-organize and make this happen.

Speaking in public is not impossible or even difficult, and I'm sure many of your stakeholders do it for work all the time.  Time to pull them out, rip the masks off a few of you and put your name on the line because if you aren't willing to, nobody else is going to do it for you.

My name is Ricky Roberson and I'm ready to put my name on the line and speak out for NXT anytime.  I already have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1oqFRROW7M

I thought you did really well, watched it last week.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:27:30 AM

I think l8orre is a good example of a speaking developer, he is going to speak in Amsterdam, but he is also a develeper of one of the Nxt clients Smiley And he did excellent job in Berliner conference, when we were talking about Nxt there

Putting on my conference organiser hat:

I'm getting the feelng that the BTC Conf. guys aren't very keen about l8orre speaking there.
The NXT logo for our sponsor slot, and the request for a speaker slot for l8orre (+bio, photo and speech abstract) were all submitted at roughly the same time. The logo went up immediately, but I've seen/heard absolutely nothing about the speaker slot. I'll hassle them a bit more on Monday if nothings happened by the end of the day.

Just checked my mail, speaker slot request was 13/3, logo went in a day later.
http://bitcoin2014.com/

(and i'm going to bed, finally, back in 6 or 7 hours, save any SSL requests 'til then)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 04:28:26 AM

I think l8orre is a good example of a speaking developer, he is going to speak in Amsterdam, but he is also a develeper of one of the Nxt clients Smiley And he did excellent job in Berliner conference, when we were talking about Nxt there

I'm getting the feelng that the BTC Conf. guys aren't very keen about l8orre speaking there.
The NXT logo for our sponsor slot, and the request for a speaker slot for l8orre (+bio, photo and speech abstract) were all submitted at roughly the same time. The logo went up immediately, but I've seen/heard absolutely nothing about the speaker slot. I'll hassle them a bit more on Monday if nothings happened by the end of the day.

Chances are good they're handled by different people, and they're disorganized.  I wouldn't take it personally.

rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:30:03 AM

But you need more than soundbytes, you need speakers who breath NXT.  Don't look to existing Bitcoin people, everybody I know is crazy overwhelmed with projects right now, you need to self-organize and make this happen.

Speaking in public is not impossible or even difficult, and I'm sure many of your stakeholders do it for work all the time.  Time to pull them out, rip the masks off a few of you and put your name on the line because if you aren't willing to, nobody else is going to do it for you.

My name is Ricky Roberson and I'm ready to put my name on the line and speak out for NXT anytime.  I already have.

Thank you.  I am working on a rather lengthy essay I am going to put up in the next 48 hours on the new NXT Simple Machine forum site that I will PM you a link to when posted.  This is on an aspect of the NXT / Bitcoin dynamic I haven't seen discussed anywhere else that I believe you will be extremely interested in.  Please let me know what you think of it when you read it, possibly it might be of interest to cover in your podcast.  Best wishes.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:30:38 AM

Chances are good they're handled by different people, and they're disorganized.  I wouldn't take it personally.

Yeah, I know what conferences are like. But I like stuff to happen smoothly, and I've seen several new speakers go up since i put l8orres request in.

I really am going to bed now...... Wink

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 04:34:20 AM

But you need more than soundbytes, you need speakers who breath NXT.  Don't look to existing Bitcoin people, everybody I know is crazy overwhelmed with projects right now, you need to self-organize and make this happen.

Speaking in public is not impossible or even difficult, and I'm sure many of your stakeholders do it for work all the time.  Time to pull them out, rip the masks off a few of you and put your name on the line because if you aren't willing to, nobody else is going to do it for you.

My name is Ricky Roberson and I'm ready to put my name on the line and speak out for NXT anytime.  I already have.

Thank you.  I am working on a rather lengthy essay that I am going to put up in the next 48 hours on the new NXT Simple Machine forum site that I will PM you a link to when posted.  This is on an aspect of the NXT / Bitcoin dynamic I haven't seen discussed anywhere else that I believe you will be extremely interested in.  Please let me know what you think of it when you read it, possibly it might be of interest to cover in your podcast.  Best wishes.

My one critique is when you're at a bitcoin conference, it would be better to say that NXT does many of the same things as Bitcoin, plus more, so Bitcoin is like a Toyota and NXT is like a Benz (or something) - You want to imply they are seperate but equal, each with its own advantages (bitcoins primary is that it was first and is biggest).   

I sorta feel like you came off as saying NXT is better than Bitcoin and right now thats hard to argue objectively.  Also consider your audience.  Your job is education, which is best without attitude.

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:35:32 AM

Adam: have you watched my video about Nxt decentralized internet? http://youtu.be/RtTWUwRL9mQ - still little imperfect, but with ideas Cheesy

Who are you trying to appeal to?  Maybe people on this forum but few others would stay past the first few clips.

You guys need to create your own content.  I have loved what Kris has done with the NXT Minute, I think its the perfect mix of update and invitation.  It's obvious you guys are doing stuff and making decisions, the community is active and growing and you're one of the leading players in the 2.0 game. 

But you need more than soundbytes, you need speakers who breath NXT.  Don't look to existing Bitcoin people, everybody I know is crazy overwhelmed with projects right now, you need to self-organize and make this happen.

Speaking in public is not impossible or even difficult, and I'm sure many of your stakeholders do it for work all the time.  Time to pull them out, rip the masks off a few of you and put your name on the line because if you aren't willing to, nobody else is going to do it for you.

My name is Ricky Roberson and I'm ready to put my name on the line and speak out for NXT anytime.  I already have.

Awesome!! thanks Ricky Roberson Smiley
MadCow

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:36:57 AM

Hi Adam,

I would be happy to interview while I am at Coinsumm.it. Good to see you on the forum.

Sincerely,
Brian Snyder

If you'd rather, I can interview the guy who is representing you at Coinsummit, or Kris.  I don't think it was a very good interview, were you talking to people on chat between answers, or typing our your response before speaking?  I was trying to figure that out lol.

Awesome! thanks Brian Snyder Smiley
MadCow

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:40:15 AM

Now, who else is ready to rip-off the gimp mask ... CfB
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:41:31 AM

Thank you.  I am working on a rather lengthy essay that I am going to put up in the next 48 hours on the new NXT Simple Machine forum site that I will PM you a link to when posted.  This is on an aspect of the NXT / Bitcoin dynamic I haven't seen discussed anywhere else that I believe you will be extremely interested in.  Please let me know what you think of it when you read it, possibly it might be of interest to cover in your podcast.  Best wishes.

My one critique is when you're at a bitcoin conference, it would be better to say that NXT does many of the same things as Bitcoin, plus more, so Bitcoin is like a Toyota and NXT is like a Benz (or something) - You want to imply they are seperate but equal, each with its own advantages (bitcoins primary is that it was first and is biggest).   

I sorta feel like you came off as saying NXT is better than Bitcoin and right now thats hard to argue objectively.  Also consider your audience.  Your job is education, which is best without attitude.

I agree I came off too strongly and must moderate that in the future.  My public speaking skills are a little rusty and haven't been used for a while but I am willing to get them out of the closet and get back into the saddle and start a continuous improvement process.  

I also probably came off a bit too strong in the ad copy I wrote up for the conference brochure :

http://nxt.sx/images/resources/NXT-Brochure-4.pdf

The Texas Bitcoin Conference was my initial plunge into real-world involvement with cryptocurrencies and it was a HUGE eye-opener to me.  In any event, I am a great believer in trying to improve and follow good advice such as yours, and I will.
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:49:07 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:15:49 AM by NxtMinnow

Thanks to the Nxt community for the opportunity to represent the technology that Nxt is developing. Adam, it has been nice to have you here on the forum this evening and I look forward to meeting you and many others in the industry. Nxt is a complementary system to Bitcoin and Nxt is striving to deliver the best block chain based asset exchange possible.  

Sincerely,
Brian Snyder

EDIT: Nxt has many capabilities and is a decentralized network. My opinion of what Nxt could be used for is different from other people who use the Nxt network. I am simply a representative sample of the Nxt community who is committed to enabling efficient global trade of information and resources.
mczarnek

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:51:18 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:04:42 AM by mczarnek

As I understand it, the way Nxt currently picks the next person to forge a block is that it hashes the account balances of the accounts that forged 1440 blocks ago, right?  Somehow this hash is weighted based upon the amount in people's accounts, right?

It has nothing to do with 1440 blocks ago - the next "best" forging account is according to the hash of the last forged block (which is weighted by the account balance).

Ok, so the reason for making someone wait for 1440 blocks before adding new coins to their forging power is because in that way a superpowerful machines can't shift their balance to make sure that they will be forging during the next block, right?  Because there is no way that you can predict that far into the future what the account balances will be, because you'd have to know how everyone else will be shifting around their money within the system, right?

Why wait 1440 blocks?  Wouldn't 100 be sufficient?

Also I thought there was a propagation delay before everyone else saw the next block and all the updated balances right?  Otherwise, why wait 10 blocks for confirmation?  Why am I not confirmed next block?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:11:13 AM

good to put a face to the name!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:17:02 AM

I agree I came off too strongly and must moderate that in the future.  My public speaking skills are a little rusty and haven't been used for a while but I am willing to get them out of the closet and get back into the saddle and start a continuous improvement process.  

I also probably came off a bit too strong in the ad copy I wrote up for the conference brochure :

The Texas Bitcoin Conference was my initial plunge into real-world involvement with cryptocurrencies and it was a HUGE eye-opener to me.  In any event, I am a great believer in trying to improve and follow good advice such as yours, and I will.

This is the right attitude to have, it's a learning experiance - people like you and I self select to represent these technologies who have no trustworthy representatives, and it's something you get better at over time.  I'm happy to help you guys so long as you're receptive to my guidance, I think I have a pretty valuable perspective as a pioneer user who is working on all the platforms, as well as being a giant complainer about user experience issues.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:19:03 AM

As I understand it, the way Nxt currently picks the next person to forge a block is that it hashes the account balances of the accounts that forged 1440 blocks ago, right?  Somehow this hash is weighted based upon the amount in people's accounts, right?

It has nothing to do with 1440 blocks ago - the next "best" forging account is according to the hash of the last forged block (which is weighted by the account balance).

Ok, so the reason for making someone wait for 1440 blocks before adding new coins to their forging power is because in that way a superpowerful machines can't shift their balance to make sure that they will be forging during the next block, right?  Because there is no way that you can predict that far into the future what the account balances will be, because you'd have to know how everyone else will be shifting around their money within the system, right?

Also I thought there was a propagation delay before everyone else saw the next block and all the updated balances right?  Otherwise, why wait 10 blocks for confirmation?  Why am I not confirmed next block?

no 100 wouldn't be nearly enough. (im skeptical that 1440 is enough if i had my way it would have been 10080 because there is so much at stake) there wouldn't be enough permutation in that space. You have to understand the incentives at work here. if you can front run like that you gain control of the blockchain for ever until we notice and roll back the chain to before it happened. so there would be incentives to guess over and over and over. you could even analyze the network to see what stake forged and how often, what times of day certain stake forged. all sorts of novel ways can be imagined to analyze that data to make your guesses better.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:23:37 AM

This is the right attitude to have, it's a learning experiance - people like you and I self select to represent these technologies who have no trustworthy representatives, and it's something you get better at over time.  I'm happy to help you guys so long as you're receptive to my guidance, I think I have a pretty valuable perspective as a pioneer user who is working on all the platforms, as well as being a giant complainer about user experience issues.

i for one value your input very highly. thanks for taking the time to stop by our dank dark little corner of the web here.

mczarnek

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:36:37 AM

no 100 wouldn't be nearly enough. (im skeptical that 1440 is enough if i had my way it would have been 10080 because there is so much at stake) there wouldn't be enough permutation in that space. You have to understand the incentives at work here. if you can front run like that you gain control of the blockchain for ever until we notice and roll back the chain to before it happened. so there would be incentives to guess over and over and over. you could even analyze the network to see what stake forged and how often, what times of day certain stake forged. all sorts of novel ways can be imagined to analyze that data to make your guesses better.

I thought the whole idea behind a hash was that small changes now make wild changes in the future, right?  So one person moves his account balance and the forging power assigned to that machine changes 1440 blocks later, so unless you predicted every single block correctly for the next 1440 blocks and you can't change your account balance fast enough to change this 1440 blocks into the future, right?

Because in order to change when you forge, you have to know what all the account balances are going to look like 1440 blocks into the future and move your balance to make sure that hash works out to be your machine, right?

Or is the idea that you can selectively not include transactions into the current block in order to change who forges next block?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:42:43 AM

Can someone mind to explain what this is: 1739068987193023818 with: -999'997'009.00

http://www.mynxt.info/blockexplorer/details.php?action=ac&ac=1739068987193023818

Is it a anomaly?

How did u find it?

Why does it matter how? Dunno, I found it some other day....

google nxt genesis block

PS: the secret phrase for that sick account is: "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
I have a try with the aboved phrase,seems not the genesis acc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:43:24 AM

I thought the whole idea behind a hash was that small changes now make wild changes in the future, right?  So one person moves his account balance and the forging power assigned to that machine changes 1440 blocks later, so unless you predicted every single block correctly for the next 1440 blocks and you can't change your account balance fast enough to change this 1440 blocks into the future, right?

Because in order to change when you forge, you have to know what all the account balances are going to look like 1440 blocks into the future and move your balance to make sure that hash works out to be your machine, right?

Or is the idea that you can selectively not include transactions into the current block in order to change who forges next block?

The only thing you have to predict correctly is who will be the author every single one of the next 1440 blocks. (a difficult task no doubt considering you need to pay 0.1 nxt for each guess) You dont have to predict correctly what transactions will be in those blocks. This is important because it protects against gaming from transactions to be specifically tailored to allow you to author future blocks.

Pages: « 1 ... 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: