Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2262 times)
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:24:14 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

In every project there is a target fund to be accumulated. ICO is done to attract investors and gain funds which is used for the development of the project as well as advertise and involve the community with the project to gain its popularity to the masses. Token is given in exchange of the money you invested so you can get back your investment or might as well double it.

The reason most ICOs take longer time to be done since their goal hasn't been reached yet or they wanted more people to know about their company and the project that they are trying to develop.

In creating a token or a cryptocurrency there are lots of things to consider before ending the ICO that is why some of them takes too long to end the ICO specially if lots of people are coming everyday to be part of the community that would support their project. The more people that will adopt and support the project the higher its value in the market when its launched or even listed in most exchanges.

It really depends if there are lots of people adopting and supporting the coin then you will get better profits.
Expert3

Activity: 230
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:24:31 AM

Either way, it's not good for investors and bounty hunters. It's only beneficial for the project itself and if the expected budget is reached, then the project would develop and later would benefit the investors nor the bounty hunters. About 3rd degree of benefit for investors and bounty hunters.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:25:20 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

I think the reason os not enough fund raised so they need to stop and set another date before they can continue the ico and also the price of eth decrease which is they think bad timing to start an ICO. They need more time to raised to atleast softcap and as you can see there are too many project choices right now thats why the investors divided into many project.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:44:12 AM

The length of the ico is likely to be insufficient for the fundraising, and there will be a long period of publicity at the end of the ico.

hotcoin1234

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:47:49 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Some ICO aiming for long period most probably they are unable to reach their soft cap or hard cap before they are able to launch their ICO, To bounty hunters the longer period for an ICO means that they need to fork out more effort to get the same amount of coins if the period is shorter plus new hunters might join in to get part of the pie.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:54:34 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Its because most ICO has a target. Usually its called soft cap and hard cap. That's why sometimes it took so long for ICO so complete because they needed to reach at least the soft cap.

Yes, you are correct, I have seen ICO latest for 6 months. And I have seen bounty hunters rewarded handsomely because they stick to the campaign from beginning up to the last day. As a investors of course you can make a lot of profit but you need capital, as compare to bounty hunters, no capital needed, you just need to follow what the bounty managers sets in and you are good to go.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:56:01 AM

Being 6 months long is an indicator that only few investors are willing to put in their money on that coin/token. It is way too long. And it is a bad thing for bouty hunters because there is a big amount of time to new people joining the bounty campaign therefore the reward for you will be smaller and smaller overtime. The shorter the campaign the better.

dobidobi88

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:14:04 AM

The length of the ico period is not a determinant of many and least prizes. I think that affects the rewards for bounty hunters is the token sales achievement and the number of participants who follow the bounty. Many ico projects allocate tokens based on token sales percentages. So the higher the token sales of an ico project, the greater the chance of getting a lot of rewards. There are also ico projects that have determined the allocation of prizes with a certain amount.
demitazh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:16:30 AM

usually ico long ends because the sale is not good, but there are some ico that very quickly end because good sale and reach hardcap.
this is where the role of bounty hunter to introduce ico to the world, so people interested and invest in the ico

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:22:42 AM

Some of the marketing teams thought that the longer the ads will be better for the ico, and I think it need some time for the investors to familiarize with the product, and sometime the team aim for a higher cap so they make the ico period longer, for me it really doesn't matter with the period of the ico, it's the quality of the ico that matters

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:33:53 AM

Hi there, if ICO period is long - project is probably getting much lesser attention. There could be a lot of reasons, but for me the projects without public sale are the best - they are just too cool and everybody knows it... Long public sale = not intrested by the crowd... But probably sometimes we miss some hidden gems...
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:34:45 AM

there are ICOs that have a fast time and some are very long to come to an end, and there are several reasons why the ICO goes so long
  • dev wants to prepare the project as soon as possible, so they need very long preparation
  • ICO did not get good funding, so dev decided to extend ICO time

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
BTCwin1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:39:43 AM

There is no way, because the bounty thread is just a channel for promotion.
Then, when they end the ICO crowd funding, they will consider distributing the bounty.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:40:33 AM

I believe it is not all icos that take so long. I remember arcblock was an ico that sold out within thirty minutes. It all depends on the demand for the ico by investors. They alone will determine how long an ico will last. All icos have caps to the supply of their tokens. So investors can buy it all before the expected date of the ico ending. What matters is the demand for the tokens.

TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:45:37 AM

the reason why they extending their ico date because they dont have any confidence that their ico would not reach hardcap or even softcap...actually most ico just runs 3-4 months and if i find til 6-7 months i will surely avoiding it because it must be very tiring for bounty hunters
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:48:36 AM

From my experience in the bounty hunting business period has nothing much to do with quality reward because rewards payments are quoted in the terms of the bounty campaign. You will know what you are going to get before you start the campaign, It's nothing to with the period. Infact many longer period bounties had paid shit than short period bounties.

HOMT