Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:00:36 AM

ICOs needs advertisement and the longer it run more people will know and more investor will come. less time to advertise less people will know. i even see some ICOs after a months it is finish it offer bounty reward to promote their project because only few people know about this project. ICOs reward bounty campaign 1% or 2% or more of total sales divide to how many campaign there are like signature, facebook twitter etc. and the more tokes is sold the more shares you will get depending on your rank. the more people to know about the ICOs the more it is good to it.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:02:40 AM

ICOs needs advertisement and the longer it run more people will know and more investor will come. less time to advertise less people will know. i even see some ICOs after a months it is finish it offer bounty reward to promote their project because only few people know about this project. ICOs reward bounty campaign 1% or 2% or more of total sales divide to how many campaign there are like signature, facebook twitter etc. and the more tokes is sold the more shares you will get depending on your rank. the more people to know about the ICOs the more it is good to it.

That is true. The longer it runs, the more people will get to know about the project. And it will have a higher chance of selling more tokens. But for some project, you need to wait for ICO ends to get your tokens. If it is scam project, it will be a waste of time.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:07:46 AM

They might be accumulating small of money during ico so they extend it or some crowdfunding gets postponed or paused because of the market situation or change in plans or any other reason.
crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:11:26 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

They need more funds and more investor to pursue their project that they created,Especially if they have soft cap and hard cap they need to target those to become successful the initial coin offering.We talked about millions here,Marketing, Development are all factor that the ICO runs longer beyond its deployment.
Crypto Jennifer

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:28:36 AM

To give maximum people chance to join ICO and be a part of the project. There's this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io  They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool. The sale has started.

You might also be interested in their BlockGrain.io bounty thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3332256.new#new
VasiloviKola

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:32:06 AM

I do not believe in such projects, there are little bit suspicious for me.
MisterLangley

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:42:13 AM

For ICO's long duration of time, it's a common thing. Actually, in my opinion, usually ICO which is a long time up to 6 months it has been notified since the beginning of the ICO took place and depending on sales targets. But when it comes to the benefits we will get, I personally can only smile.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:43:53 AM

Maybe team of the project wants to secure risks, in case if the enough number of coins are not sold in short period of time.
eert

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:45:46 AM

Every ico takes a different amount of time. I think if an ico is good enough, it doesn't have to wait too long. Maybe some ico started without publicity, all the things are executed together, so the efficiency is not very high.
weakhandsgaming

Activity: 80
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:47:01 AM

It has to be long to gain more investors especially if it is not a hyped ICO. But most hot ICOS crowdsale finishes within a day. But before the actual crowdsale date. Many bounty campaigns are done on every coin that takes the whole ICO process long
AshikurRahmanKhan16
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:52:00 AM

Maximum can't can't make enough investors for their project. Every day new ICO is coming and I think investors are not increasing enough. Because invest in an ICO is not an easy thing where most of the ICO is a scam. That's why they took a long time to reach their hard cap. It's just my point of view.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 04:45:56 PM

The main goal of an ICO is to raise funds that can be use in different project development and to attain what is indicated in their road map. Without any means or way to generate fund, the project will then be put into a halt. That is why it is very important to promote ICO for a long period of a time. More time = more potential investors. Especially now, there are too many competitions and projects being developed and promote.
exalterego

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:55:13 PM

ICOs are mainly dependent on hard caps and soft caps and the main goal of each ICO is to reach hard cap, of course.

Hard cap is the upper limit of funds that the project plans to raise. When the desired amount is reached, the ICO closes ahead of time.

Soft cap is the lower limit of fundraising. If ICO does not reach this limit, it is canceled. In fact, there is some ambiguity about the soft cap - for example, a project may not return money and try to work with what it has already raised.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

If ICO uses erc20 platform I think not too long to get the sale. but it is influenced by the Team work and some other factors that are the success factors of token sales.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:05:02 PM

I think that the more time the project has, the more chances to achieve the maximum fees. This is an opportunity for some projects that can not attract funds quickly. It is difficult to compare long and short companies by the volume of payments for bounty hunters, payments are everywhere different.

yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:13:52 PM

Because they have to get funds to implemented their projects. Some ico fail because they don't have a good plan and not reach a target fund. They need it to starting their plan until launch on crypto market.
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:19:03 PM

Maybe team of the project wants to secure risks, in case if the enough number of coins are not sold in short period of time.

Absolutely right, now the market is growing and the projects are collecting the hardcap very quickly (for example, today the Merculet was collected in 2 minutes ...). But a month ago, projects could collect several weeks, or even a month. Therefore, a long period of ICO is often indicated.

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:23:16 PM

Yes, new crypto-currency projects need advertising. During the period of ICO, the team manages to attract as many investors as possible and unleash its project. It is during the ICO period when the price of tokens grows, it becomes popular, and the idea of the project is spread among the masses.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:23:45 PM

There have been ICOs that has sold out in minutes whilst others take longer to reach their target.  The longer the window for investors the more chance there is of bringing more people in and getting an investment for an investor if you are going to invest in an ICO usually the first period is the best as it will get your the higher bonus amount which most offer.

As a bounty participant I would imagine the longer the ICO runs for the longer you will be part of the campaign and hence earn more tokens / coins.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:25:37 PM

Now people trust anyone no longer. Therefore, it takes more time to convince people of the plausibility of a project and its future goals.

It shouldn't work like this, it is a completely wrong attitude to potential investors. Project shouldn't "convince" anyone to trust them their money, if the project is actually reliable, investors will find out about it in 1-2 months, and this time is enough to make your decision about whether you invest or not. All the projects that have so long tokensales periods are not OK, and I try to avoid them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: