Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

Because they want to raise as much money as possible for their project.
And after ICO there is post-ICO and this may take several years..

Jizel

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:58:10 PM

Because you need to collect investment for the implementation of the project. And it's not always easy to get it done quickly. You need a lot of advertising, different meetings to find good investors. Therefore, bounties go on so long and often prolong the period.
nolestiket

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 08:00:34 PM

Good projects do not last long. And prolong most often to collect more money (even when the software was assembled). I agree with you, it is very bad when the terms are prolonged.

andrejfilipov876

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

As far as I know that the project duration does not affect the award . in the beginning, usually all counted . and contributed to podpisi .  certainly not a small fact from kakhova of time if you participate from the beginning that will receive the maximum award
Bestthefriend

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:16:40 PM

Sometimes the set targets arent met yet   especially the financial requirements. thus necessitating the lengthy ICOs, some just have a long road  map that has to be followed to the later for the project to succed
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:23:13 PM

I think it has to do with the marketing move.The longer an ICO project runs, the more people will know about the project.Bounty participants will not be rewarded any more.Because bounty pool is limited.That is, there is no value at all how much time goes bounty in any case it does not depend on the number of payments.And the investor will just need to wait longer.
rextoinsem

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:29:18 PM

Long-term ICO projects are good only when the number of participants is limited. Otherwise, the reward will become worthless due to the large number of participants.
thedino

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:30:05 PM

why ICO is long time Huh

hmm.. i think why ICO is going in long time ?
because, when is going in a long time is possible to take more investor for buying them coin.
and when coin is sold out the ICO and Bounty is Success and is so possibly to be a great coin and the coin have a future.
but, i know not all of ICO in a long time is success but the person is better than short time.
that is my opion, im not sure but i think like that.
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:33:56 PM

The time period of ICOs varies quite notably.
Depending on the projects success some sell out before the specified date.
The reason for the excessive length of some money sometimes due to targets yet to be met or new targets set along the way.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Bairbe

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:35:30 PM

Most of the projects that have lived 6-12 months in this area have achieved little, given the volume of investment.  Imagine: even Uber attracted 11 million in the first round, and this with the presence of the finished product on the market (then they already worked in San Francisco).
MarckSpencer

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:37:07 PM

Probably because they can not collect money for a shorter period of time. The time of those projects that collect hardcaps for a couple of days has already passed and now this is not a very simple task.

I wouldn't say that. Now there were so many projects which a few hours had closed Hard cap their time has not passed, just every project it's different.
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 08:40:24 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

They usually set it long so that they can get enough time to sell their tokens and also to advertise for people to know about the ICO.
mik3

Activity: 245
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

I think that this depends on how many investors will invest in this or that project. sometimes, if funding ceases or vice versa, the project causes too much interest, the developers extend the period of the ICO in order to attract as many participants as possible.
Ucupers

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:57:14 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

ICO with a long time indeed to rewards earned will be better. But I think this is not good because it was very old and sometimes we also do not always receive the reward because sales are also not good. Better choose the ICO project ends up not long ago maybe 2 to 3 months and we received the returns.
kwabeedat

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:06:36 PM

Well to me I think ICOs have long periods of time so that they can cover up for the frequent market fluctuations. The current state of the crypto market has left investors skeptical about investing and so they'll need enough time to make the decision.
tulpash

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:11:45 PM

Usually the long term of ICO does not lead to something good. This is bad for investors, because the investment period is even longer. This is also bad for bounty hunters, because there is a chance to spend a very long time and get very little or nothing at all.
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:13:27 PM

Most ICOs has a target of their soft and hard cap. The reason could be perhaps that the company has not enough fund raised so they extend their ICO. Maybe they are also waiting that the price of ETH will increase to start their project.
Kay94

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:16:14 PM

Every ICO team members make sure they set a roadmap. The ICO period depends on the roadmap that they have. They make sure they set a roadmap that will favor the whole process and make it successful 

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:16:21 PM

Not all the ICO adopt a long time to launch their token generation event and possibly develop their product.  Some ICO already have a working product like apps,  platform  etc.  The long run of ICO does not necessarily determine it's success!

bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

ICO period are set so that investors can invest into the project by purchasing the tokens which have been generated. Sometimes the ICO period may be long when the marketing team of the project realizes that the sales of the tokens are not moving as planned. maybe the hardcap is possibly not to be reached and so they prolong the duration so that all the tokens that were listed for sales could be purchased.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: