Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:09:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:43:16 AM

I think you have to see how ICOs happen. Those that sell out in minutes spent a lot of time marketing and agreed with big contributors earlier that they will sell them X amount of tokens already, so all these agreements actually kick in the second the ICO starts. This is actually not much different from ICOs that run for 2 or 3 months or have presales and other early stages before main ICO. Of course, some are enjoying a lot of hype like EOS did and had so much people participate.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ronni

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:14:40 PM

ICO's are just maximizing their opportunities so that the money they will give to their workers will be worth it for them. Also, it takes a long time for an ICO so that the processes they are doing will be successfully done and nothing will go bad. I think it is just normal because it is like having your own business where you want to make your business perfect, successful and also, you will maximize all the resources you have.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
digitran

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:15:37 PM

The ICO's are to pull the investment from the people who are interested in this project. Now the process for pulling funds taking long time, due to market conditions are not so good.
tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:20:59 PM

There are many reasons for an extended ico project in terms of time (delay) due to delays from devs or bad market conditions, affecting the general trend and psychology of the investor in the project. Some make it long in other to reach there target milestone, it depends on what the ico team decide on.
thuthi7

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:36:31 AM

the duration of the project depends on what kind of hype is around their project. the more people know about the project, the faster they collect money. The smaller project fame, and advertising budget, the longer they stretch the period of fundraising, hoping for bounty.
lallanlion97

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

It is quite simple. Every ISO wishes to obtain as much money as possible and sometimes it is not that easy. So if you meet the long ICO there is a very high probability that they cannot collect enough sum for them.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:15:51 PM

I think that this is most likely due to the fact that people are preparing to raise a lot of money? Because they need money to develop projects, it's obvious, why for a long time? Probably because people are afraid that the project might not like people.
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:18:10 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

they need to raise money and the market is bearish. if they sell fast it's a good signal.
for bounties it's bad, long time and the rewards decrease as more and more people join.
rh72

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 03:19:05 PM

Depend on the project. The managers have counted about the time. So, that is good time (short time or long time) for them to reach their goal.
hoanguyenn203

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

I think the ICO takes long for the target set by the project managers to be met. The longer or shorter the ICO does not determine how much you earn as a bounty hunter. What determine your earning in a bounty campaign is the platform you use and the number of participants in it.
dodziu

Activity: 473

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:49:08 AM

For me I feel the longer the ICO the lesser the reward, this because the longer the ICO last the more people join the ICO, and many people into ICO bounty accumulates stakes which will be shared among all members. So for me I prefer bounty with short period of time.

I agree with your suggestion and I believe the length of the ico or bounty those not mean it will be successful but I think id is long probably because they want to get to the hard cap or probably get close to achieving their goal and the length of icos depends on the project but I also prefer icos or bounties with short period.
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:51:03 AM

Some business are having a difficult time getting financing because the market is not as buoyant as it used to be. Is just business as usual really.
sergey_vass

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:53:31 AM

The period of an ICO will depend on their roadmap. It is influenced by the token supply to sell, the readiness of the smart contract and others. The stage of pre-sale, private sale, and also ICO also influence.
Actually, the percentage of the rewards will depend on each ICO. Some ICO will have bigger rewards for the longer time ICO. But some are normal. The period of the ICO also influences how they can attract the investors and reach the softcap of their sale
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:17:42 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

ICOs are raising millions of dollars and it's not easy so that is the reason they extend it and stops the extensions when they are contented with the money that they have collected.  About the rewards of extended bounties are not always given added rewards because most of the time they don't do that.
davisagughalam

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:19:36 PM

ICO periods are long because the organizers want to fill pre calculated quotas. So they keep the ICO open till they meet their targets. It's normal for all, I'd advise you to check ICOs that are ending to invest in if you don't have the patience to wait the whole period

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
LooBaao

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:29:57 PM

They stretched their time to gain more exposure to investors and they forecast that the market would rise sharply at the end of the campaign. So they stretch ICO time.
mashina65

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:38:03 PM

Often projects are unfair to bounty participants, but I'm not worried because it's a relatively easy way to make money. When you get into the rhythm, even the long payments will not cause you to worry.
Prod

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Decentralized global logistics platform

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 10:42:17 PM

Because each developer does not want to release his tokens on the market at a time when the market is falling. It is obvious. And it is interesting for all participants.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:44:39 PM

They lasted for the purpose of reaching out and reaching more investors. In my opinion, a prolonged ICO project is a potential project, and you may find that they are more successful than short-term ICO projects.
sundul

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

The journey of ICO is usually already on the roadmap. And the longer the ICO I guess because they are still raising funds so that the ICO extension. Yes the longer ICO revenue also will increase because of the duration of the sale plus the length. Participants of the bounty will also get a pretty hefty reward.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: