Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

Hi,
I have a asic miner cube and have tried 3 different power supplies and the cube powers up for ~2-3 sec then shuts off again (runs for 2 sec with fan spinning then shuts of and makes a click noise)
The psu then dose not respond for some time. After waiting a bit the psu can power back on but crashes again after the 2 sec window, this repeats again and again.
I have tried to turn it on without the fuse inserted and the fan spines up and dos not crash.
I have read some where that some psu's have load protection, but i think this is not the problem as i have tried with different psu's.
What am i doing wrong Huh
The Main psu I was planing to use was the x-viper 750 watt but dont know why its not working like it should :/
Thanks,
JT

Have done some research on my psu and i cam across that it has load protection :/ what do i do Huh
Is there any way to get around this ??
Thanks,
JT

tldr, no. You'll need to buy a PSU without that protection. Lots of links in the OP.

DanZaph

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:18:06 PM

I'm on a Mac 10.8.5 using Stratum Proxy.
Where did you get the Stratum Proxy or did you compile it yourself? Does it support 'Long Poll"? I would really like to try that.

https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy

Scroll down to Mac install section.

Ken
<rant>
Typical OpenSource crapola, devs spend thousands of hours developing the software but little to none on the final bit to make it usable. Somehow I knew the build would not work and was staying away from trying to compile and install. But I tried anyway andnd I had to install gcc to boot.

Error: The required version of setuptools (>=2.1) is not available

Error: Installed distribution zope.interface 3.8.0 conflicts with requirement zope.interface>=4.0.2

Whatever "setuptools"  is. And how many other things will I find are not available.

I't all like a game, if I wanted to play a game I would get Angry Birds.
</rant>

I do wonder why there is no pre-compiled version available for the Mac--like for Windows.

Old enough to have lived dangerously—great times!
Setting up a ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:31:24 PM

I do wonder why there is no pre-compiled version available for the Mac--like for Windows.
Its a redundant tech, only ASICMiner uses it [on this gen]. No reason to build support for something already dead.

sgginc

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:28:58 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 09:41:51 PM by sgginc

I'm on a Mac 10.8.5 using Stratum Proxy.
Where did you get the Stratum Proxy or did you compile it yourself? Does it support 'Long Poll"? I would really like to try that.

https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy

Scroll down to Mac install section.

Ken
<rant>
Typical OpenSource crapola, devs spend thousands of hours developing the software but little to none on the final bit to make it usable. Somehow I knew the build would not work and was staying away from trying to compile and install. But I tried anyway andnd I had to install gcc to boot.

Error: The required version of setuptools (>=2.1) is not available

Error: Installed distribution zope.interface 3.8.0 conflicts with requirement zope.interface>=4.0.2

Whatever "setuptools"  is. And how many other things will I find are not available.

I't all like a game, if I wanted to play a game I would get Angry Birds.
</rant>

I installed it w/o any compiling but I had to install heavens knows what and the kitchen sink to do it. That may not have been the instructions I followed. I will look closer.
I have no idea why compiling a program requires a PHD?
Perhaps some Dr can explain why?
Google was no help.

Here are the steps I followed.
It worked w/o any hicups except
an update that I had to install
later. But wasn't hard:

Installation on Mac
   1.   Download TGZ file from https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy/tarball/master
   2.   Unpack it by typing "tar xf slush0-stratum-mining-proxy*.tar.gz"
***I just dbl clicked it and my unpacker "Archiver" unpacked it.

3.   On Mac OS X you already have Python installed on your system, but you lack the llvm-gcc-4.2 binary required to run the setup.py file, so:
   4.   a) If you don't want to install Xcode, get gcc here: https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer
   5.   b) OR download Xcode (free) from the App Store, Open it up (it's in your applications folder) and go to preferences, to the downloads section and download/install the 'command line tools'. This will install llvm-gc-4.2.
   6.   Type "sudo python setup.py install" in the unpacked directory from step 2.
***In the terminal type CD space (drag the folder here and it will auto populate the path) return.
***Your now in that directory.

7.   You can start the proxy by typing "./mining_proxy.py" in the terminal window. Using default settings, proxy connects to Slush's pool interface.
***You need to be in the directory where mining_proxy.py is located.

8.   If you want to connect to another pool or change other proxy settings, type "mining_proxy.py --help".

N.B. Once Apple releases Xcode 4.7 they will remove the optional install of gcc (they want you to use clang). When that happens you can either choose not to upgrade, or return to the aforementioned https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer and download the specific gcc binary for your version of Mac OS.
kimpeck

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:36:20 PM

Hi,

Using a BE Cube in a Pool and just wanted to know if there's any way mining locally ?

Thank you in advance
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 10:43:32 PM

Hi,

Using a BE Cube in a Pool and just wanted to know if there's any way mining locally ?

Thank you in advance
Probably, but I don't know. Its so statistically impossible for one to ever pick up a block, you might as well pool mine and donate it to charity.

kimpeck

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:50:10 PM

I just wanted to stick it on the side and use it as a lottery ticket tbh Smiley
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:08:21 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:43:40 PM by DanZaph

***In the terminal type CD space (drag the folder here and it will auto populate the path) return.
Yeah, I did all that.
But step 6 failed

I ran "sudo python setup.py install" again and I get:
"Error: The required version of setuptools (>=2.1) is not available"
So I sudo installed a new version of setup tools.
Then ran "sudo python setup.py install" again and I get:
"Error: Installed distribution zope.interface 3.8.0 conflicts with requirement zope.interface>=4.0.2"

As much as I love python the update mechanisms are killing it, ruby does a much better job updating it's libraries.

Tried on three other Macs, all running current release 10.9.2. One failed with the above error, the other two failed with yet different error messages. What a mess.

So I think: "If someone wrote the instructions why didn't they provide the result for download?" I guess because the dependencies in Python are just to much of a mess to insure functionality on any given system. Good thing they don't build bridges with the same care we build software.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:20:05 PM

I just wanted to stick it on the side and use it as a lottery ticket tbh Smiley
Just don't bother, literally it won't happen.

There is a 0.16% chance of it happening this week, then 0.11 the next, 0.07 the next etc... cumulatively there is less than a 1 in 200 chance.

sgginc

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:12:37 AM

Yeah, I did all that.
But step 6 failed

I ran "sudo python setup.py install" again and I get:
"Error: The required version of setuptools (>=2.1) is not available"
So I sudo installed a new version of setup tools.
Then ran "sudo python setup.py install" again and I get:
"Error: Installed distribution zope.interface 3.8.0 conflicts with requirement zope.interface>=4.0.2"

As much as I love python the update mechanisms are killing it, ruby does a much better job updating it's libraries.

Tried on three other Macs, all running current release 10.9.2. One failed with the above error, the other two failed with yet different error messages. What a mess.

So I think: "If someone wrote the instructions why didn't they provide the result for download?" I guess because the dependencies in Python are just to much of a mess to insure functionality on any given system. Good thing they don't build bridges with the same care we build software.

I got the same message about Zope.
I don't remember how I got past it.

I have Zope 4.0.5 in this location:
/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/zope.interface-4.0.5-py2.7-macosx-10.8-intel.egg
I don't remember what an egg is though
I remember Google does.

Somehow I was able to install it.
Many hours of Googling ...

Perhaps upgrading Python 2.7 did it.

What version of Python is currently installed?
I remember a version is part of 10.8.5.
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:57:09 AM

/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/zope.interface-4.0.5-py2.7-macosx-10.8-intel.egg
I remember Google does.

I have Python 2.7.5, OSX 10.9.2.

This is why I did not even try earlier, I figured it was going to be a big ball of hurt.

sgginc

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:39:59 AM

I remember Google does.

I have Python 2.7.5, OSX 10.9.2.

This is why I did not even try earlier, I figured it was going to be a big ball of hurt.

Do you have any other versions of Python in:
/Library/Python/

I have other folders with older Python versions but
only a readme file in the folder.
Perhaps move any older versions of Python somewhere else.

I sit in front of my Mac while in a recliner all day.
It took me MANY days and countless hours to get it going.

Good Luck!!!

Ken
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:22:05 AM

One more hint on JLebowskiTheDude's post: Instead of "Slide the main board out." I suggest placing the cube fan end up and removing the case, this helps provide support to the heavy electronics by the table it is resting on. It eliminates doe juggling of the main board and cards. The same applies to reassembling.

This is good advice.  This is how I do it myself, but I refrain from recommending it that way anymore.  Why?  

I told a local friend of mine to do that very thing.  I wasn't there in person to help him along.  So, he took the back plate off and then proceeded to lift the cube and turn it over about 4 inches above the table.   Shocked

So now I recommend sliding instead.  Gravity sucks, but it's the law!   Grin

darcimer

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:00:04 PM

In the BE, what is the black box on the board right behind the fuse and why would it be "buzzing" or "bizzing".  Now it won't mine, and it has that sound coming out.
Any info would be appreciated.

~D
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:41:40 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 06:04:04 PM by DanZaph

Do you have any other versions of Python in:
/Library/Python/

I have other folders with older Python versions but
only a readme file in the folder.
Perhaps move any older versions of Python somewhere else.

I sit in front of my Mac while in a recliner all day.
It took me MANY days and countless hours to get it going.

Good Luck!!!

Ken
The deal with "Zope" is a mess, from the Zope 4 site:

Version numbers for Zope have been confusing in the past. The original Zope project iterated through version one to two up to version 2.13. In parallel a separate project was launched using the name Zope 3. Zope 3 wasn’t a new version of the original Zope project and in hindsight should have used a different project name. These days this effort is known as BlueBream.

In order to avoid confusion between the separate Zope 3 project and a new version of this project, it was decided to skip ahead and use Zope 4.0 as the next version number. The increase in the major part of the version also indicates the clear intention to allow backwards incompatible changes.

So, Zope 3 was a fork of Zope 2 but they did not change the name. What it went on to become was not Zope but BlueBream. It was so confusing that Zope 3 was renamed BlueBream and Zope 2 was renamed Zope 4. Thus Zope 3 and Zope 4 are completely different projects, not just different versions. These guys make usb.org look brilliant when it comes to confusing naming (Quick, which is faster "Full Speed" or "High Speed"?)!

So I guess I give up, I knew better than to try but did anyway.

BillTech

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:46:06 PM

In the BE, what is the black box on the board right behind the fuse and why would it be "buzzing" or "bizzing".  Now it won't mine, and it has that sound coming out.

~D

ive seen this with 2 of my cubes looks like its some sort of power relay issue
check this post for a possible fix https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.msg5385162#msg5385162
maybe someone has a like to a reliable part replacement looks like a easy desolder/solder job
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:22:08 PM

Anyway I was in contact with seller and they sent me picture which contact of relay I should shortened.
Problem solved, safety decreased but hashing...for now. Smiley
Care to share that information and image?

OK...I hope now it will work...imgur and inserting images here is killing me.
Image:

Best regards

How would one Short these two pins? Wire and electric tape or a solder job? I ask because I have no solder experience.  Thanks!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
BillTech

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:34:29 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 09:52:47 PM by BillTech

In the BE, what is the black box on the board right behind the fuse and why would it be "buzzing" or "bizzing".  Now it won't mine, and it has that sound coming out.

~D

ive seen this with 2 of my cubes looks like its some sort of power relay issue
check this post for a possible fix https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.msg5385162#msg5385162
maybe someone has a like to a reliable part replacement looks like a easy desolder/solder job

ok here's some detailed pictures

pic of relay - K1

yellow box is supposedly for temp short fix red box are removal/replacement points [I have not tested this just providing pictures]

BillTech

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:18:08 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 11:05:24 PM by BillTech

something I noticed is the knock-off nib is not removed from the relay not sure if its required but i think its supposed to be done after the circuit board is cleaned

this guy seems to have some avail http://www.napl.co.uk/Tianbo-TRS-12VDC-L-S-Z--PCB-power-switch-relay.html

TRS L-S -Z . Full specs at http://www.tianbo-relay.com/bigimg/45.pdf

heres a .ru site with them too http://www.voltmaster.ru/cgi-bin/qwery.pl?id=66741942&group=31502
shinaj

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:58:20 PM

For the past two months I have been mining, without incident, using the stratrum proxie on my block cubes. I run the proxie, alternating, from two different systems so I don't believe anything has changed on the PC side, or I would expect one of them to still work. The only thing that I have done, that is different, is try to change pools to a PPC pool to diversify my earnings. Since I attempted to change pools I am no longer able to mine on any pool (including BTCGuild, which I have never had a problem with before. I am receiving error messages, that I cannot decipher and I'm not sure what to do about this. Has anyone else dealt with this problem before, and if so did you find a solution? I will be in your debt, if you can help me with this.

Post your mining_proxy.exe command line syntax.  Also post a screenshot of your Cube configuration page(s).  A sample of one or two should suffice.

command line syntax
cd C:\Proxy
mining_proxy.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com -p 3333 -gp 8332

http://s30.postimg.org/ra3wlqlwx/202.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/f5e13m2xp/204.jpg

I've since experimented with both cubes and have found that one of them (202) will mine, but the other one (204) will not mine at all and throws the errors previously posted. I'm currently mining at BTC with stratum with the working cube and am experimenting with the get work protocol on the non-functional cube. So far I haven't been able to get the second cube to mine at all. I've tried them both separately, so it isn't a power issue, it's the cube itself. When I try to use both cubes to mine, the working cube cuts way down on hash rate and the non-working one does not hash at all. I'm confounded. I have no idea what to try next.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: