Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RazorLove Cryptocurrency Services - DBL, CENT, & FOO/BAR Updates  (Read 153351 times)
Entz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:06:42 AM

Let's move along now.

1.How do you receive Stake?
Do you transfer units of 50 million or less into your wallet and just wait?
Or do you need to enter something into the "command line banking" aspect of your client?
You just wait

2.Do you need to have your client constantly "on" to receive the state?
Or could you set up yourself to receive stakes,not use the client for several months,and then return to find you have loads of stakes?
As far as I can tell you should be able to leave the client off, however due to the current stake bug you pretty much have to run the client 24/7 (or turn it on before your stake date). Coin age is calculated based on the transaction date, so if you leave it off too long you risk going over the maximum.

Case in point, I found a walled from a few months back that had a couple of pennies in it. Should of staked to several hundred billion but could not because they were so old that the reward was > 999,999,999.

3. How long does it take to get a stake? I hear numbers ranging from 8 to 27 days.
Between 7 and 14 days

daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:16:52 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 06:37:15 AM by daemonfox

Let's move along now.

1.How do you receive Stake?
Do you transfer units of 50 million or less into your wallet and just wait?
Or do you need to enter something into the "command line banking" aspect of your client?
You just wait

2.Do you need to have your client constantly "on" to receive the state?
Or could you set up yourself to receive stakes,not use the client for several months,and then return to find you have loads of stakes?
As far as I can tell you should be able to leave the client off, however due to the current stake bug you pretty much have to run the client 24/7 (or turn it on before your stake date). Coin age is calculated based on the transaction date, so if you leave it off too long you risk going over the maximum.

Case in point, I found a walled from a few months back that had a couple of pennies in it. Should of staked to several hundred billion but could not because they were so old that the reward was > 999,999,999.

3. How long does it take to get a stake? I hear numbers ranging from 8 to 27 days.
Between 7 and 14 days

Please read more before posting bad information...

The answer to 2 is "the client must be open and synced in order for the PoS blocks to attempt generation... you can leave the client closed and then open and sync it just before your coindate reaches maturity for stake, and then it will be eligible to do so... but leaving it offline will NEVER generate stake ever. The point of stake is to solidify the network from 51% attacks by keeping wallets online and synced constantly even if you aren't solo mining."

The answer to 3 is "7 days. But that only means your coin blocks are ELIGIBLE to PRODUCE a stake block... it still has to be accepted by the blockchain before it counts and the block can be orphaned forcing another attempt to be made at a later time. The existing issue is Pennies has a maximum tx amount and the insane stake multiplier makes any block of coins over a certain amount ineligible to be stake worthy because the transaction will be rejected by the blockchain when it sees it is over the maximum tx limit. This is fixed in version 10 of the Pennies client and goes into effect with the stake correction that takes place starting January 8th."

Please feel free to correct me if I misstated anything there.

~Daemon

EDITED to reflect 7 day PoS... although I can't seem to find that through any of the links connected to this thread or the other forums.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:23:55 AM

The answer to 3 is "9 days. But that only means your coin blocks are ELIGIBLE to PRODUCE a stake block...
Please feel free to correct me if I misstated anything there.

~Daemon

nStakeMinAge in code is 7 days.
Hell it is even in Shakes original text "*7 Day Coin-Age for Proof of Stake Minting, full coin age after a fortnight. (experimental)"

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:05:18 AM

never had a stake in 7 days, and i bn here since start.

just a reminder, today and tomorrow are the last days you can buy anything that will actually fall in the mega stake period.
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:29:36 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 08:40:25 AM by VERUMinNUMERIS

just a reminder, today and tomorrow are the last days you can buy anything that will actually fall in the mega stake period.

Thank you!

So let me get this straight.

If I downloaded the 10.0 wallet I can now transfer say 2 billion cent from Cryptsy all at once and it should earn interest with no issues by the 8th?  Is this right?  No worries about doing 100 fifty million separate transfers?

Thanks guys.
HabbyGab

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

I do not support TIX Tickets.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:44:19 AM

Thank you!

So let me get this straight.

If I downloaded the 10.0 wallet I can now transfer say 2 billion cent from Cryptsy all at once and it should earn interest with no issues by the 8th?  Is this right?  No worries about doing 100 fifty million separate transfers?

Thanks guys.
No, you have to send it in pieces of 50 million if you want them to generate stake and in pieces of 500M if you want the tx to go through. If you send all 2 billion at once it won't go through and you might lose them.
The_Catman (OP)

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:57:13 AM

If I downloaded the 10.0 wallet I can now transfer say 2 billion cent from Cryptsy all at once and it should earn interest with no issues by the 8th?  Is this right?  No worries about doing 100 fifty million separate transfers?

v0.10.0 fixes the stake bug (starting jan 8 ), but it doesn't address the max transaction size of 1billion. Anything you transfer will need to be less than that.

I'll probably do something about that later, for 0.10.1 or something. Should theoretically be as simple as modifying transaction validation from MAX_MONEY to INT_MAX.

sowen69

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 09:41:31 AM

This has shown up on the CENT/LTC trading page on Cryptsy

This market will be turned off on January 1st due to low trade price and volume
HabbyGab

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:26:29 AM

That's complete bullshit. There are lots of coins on Cryptsy with a lot less volume than CENT/LTC.
MrJunkMoney

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:43:12 AM

not very good, but you can trade CENT with CENT/XPM
HabbyGab

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:51:26 PM

My wallet isn't working anymore. Whenever is gets within the 5k latest blocks it just goes really slow and unresponsive, like my cpu wasn't good enough. I have 8 cores and it's only using one. Could this be the problem? Is there any way I can fix it and make it use more cores?
killerbelka

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:16:39 PM

CENT/LTC - This market will be turned off on January 1st due to low trade price and volume
I think it is the end...too many coins, Trade pair CENT/XPM has one order 0.00000001, and he will die today or tomorrow!!
What next??
mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:32:11 PM

Don't panic. Cryptsy maybe will turn off cent/ltc but it means nothing for now. Colossius coin was at prices 0.0..1-0.0..2 for a long time. And what happened...it rised to even 0.0..35 and more now its stable about 0.0..12. You never know what will happen in crypto currencies and who will use cent for pump its still possible I think Smiley
Maybe it's worth to contact with admin of http://altdice.net/ or something like this and put there dice game with cents?
meta.p02

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Wait... so let me get this straight... we can only use the 0.9.6 client until new year, but stake will continue generating until 8th of Jan? Huh I'm confused here

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
robin007bond

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:29:46 PM

Wait... so let me get this straight... we can only use the 0.9.6 client until new year, but stake will continue generating until 8th of Jan? Huh I'm confused here
I'm wondering about this too.
Petr1fied

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:30:22 PM

Hey people. I'm getting a weird error and not sure how to fix it - all my pennies seem to be gone from my wallet after loading the blockchain. When I start the new version of the wallet it gives me an error saying "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect". I have a couple hundred dollars worth of pennies in there so would hate to lose them, tried deleting everything but wallet.dat in the roaming directory, etc but nothing fixes it. Anyone know what to do?

You'll most likely need to dump the private key(s) for the address(es) and import into a brand new wallet. As before delete everything aside from wallet.dat and then start the client again. Dump the private keys for any addresses you've received funds for by going to Command Line Banking and typing:
Code:
dumpprivkey address
(Replacing address with the pennies address)

• Copy and paste the private key(s) and then close the client.
  • Rename wallet.dat to something else just in case you need to come back to it later.
  • Restart pennies and it'll generate a new wallet.

Once the wallet has started up go to Command Line Banking and type:
Code:
importprivkey PrivateKeyHere LabelHere
(Replacing PrivateKeyHere with the private key from earlier and LabelHere with a name to identify it. Perhaps Imported for example)

Once you've done this it can take a very long time to import the transactions so just leave it alone and let it do it's thing. Repeat for any other keys until you've rebuilt your wallet.

Just update to 0.10.0.0 already. what's the deal with all the reluctance to update? It'll stake at exactly the same levels until January 8th.
remistevens

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:23:04 PM

Hey people. I'm getting a weird error and not sure how to fix it - all my pennies seem to be gone from my wallet after loading the blockchain. When I start the new version of the wallet it gives me an error saying "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect". I have a couple hundred dollars worth of pennies in there so would hate to lose them, tried deleting everything but wallet.dat in the roaming directory, etc but nothing fixes it. Anyone know what to do?

This is exactly what happened to me, same error exactly. Won't read the wallet.dat and all my pennies are gone! But the extra wallets I created and had tried to transfer 50m pieces into are still there? Also, when I tried to do the transfers, it crashed and was giving me errors about spending coins that had already been spent?

Please please help. I don't even care about getting the last stake now, I just don't want to lose everything. I'm afraid to do anything at this point including letting the wallet re-sync. Is that wise, what should I do?

Thanks
meta.p02

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:54:27 PM

Nearly 1 trillion CENT was sold in the last few hours, wiping out the last remaining wall... T_T

Now there are no more buy orders left on the books.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
Petr1fied

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:12:53 PM

This is exactly what happened to me, same error exactly. Won't read the wallet.dat and all my pennies are gone! But the extra wallets I created and had tried to transfer 50m pieces into are still there? Also, when I tried to do the transfers, it crashed and was giving me errors about spending coins that had already been spent?

Please please help. I don't even care about getting the last stake now, I just don't want to lose everything. I'm afraid to do anything at this point including letting the wallet re-sync. Is that wise, what should I do?

Thanks

You could try reading my post directly above yours.
remistevens

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:16:21 PM

Thanks

You could try reading my post directly above yours.

Wow, thanks so much. That is the sound of my hand slapping my forehead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: