Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RazorLove Cryptocurrency Services - DBL, CENT, & FOO/BAR Updates  (Read 153351 times)
JohnathanCity

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:52:33 PM

My point is, there are too many in existence. The whole idea of indivisibility was novel, but it only exacerbates the problem, divisibility should be retuned at the same time that stake is removed to ensure this coin lives and people's investment of time , funds and costs does not go down the drain.
Trying to stick to the idea of having trillions that are continuing to stake is absurd, even with the stake reduction if i have a trillion, i will stake 10 Billion, as a result the mony supply will still grow very fast.

but if we divide by ten billion then a trillion becomes a hundred coins, which grow by 1 coin a week, which is far more manageable growth. in a month even with the stake fix, we may very well reach the point where the client is unable to display the balance.

So it would deal with inflation, absurd numbers, and stay well within transaction limits for A LONG TIME.

Just food for thought.

Your grasp of simple mathematics is terrible, if everything is divided by a <x> it wouldn't make a damn difference in any value. sure, each coin would be worth <x> times more, but it's the same relative value as they have now. The only real effect this would have is eliminating many peoples pennies. The only issue is MAX_TX, which as I've stated before, is easily remedied.

your grasp of the English language is terrible. it would make a damn difference if the total supply is divided because it would return the numbers to sane levels. also you keep overlooking the overall effect of PoS.....60 trillion it would still stake 60 Billion or more weekly with your reduction in stake.

Grasp this......THERE ARE TOO MANY PENNIES IN EXISTENCE, WE WOULD LIKE TO START REMEDYING THAT. I know you are not the original dev, but as a stand in, please do not take such an attitude to people's investment. I am nearly done cashing out, and i'll continue dumping unless a viable fix to the money supply is put in place.. saying you've reduced the stake by so much percentage is meaningless unless you plug in values and calculate based on that.

Perhaps it would be best if we focused on fixing the coin's image as opposed to playing with the details just yet. I understand what you're saying, but this coin as is with POS still has lot of potential, and the thing that is going to kill it is the community unless they attempt to restore faith in it. Seriously, just deleting coins isn't going to fix anything in the long term if nobody is willing to trade in it. Hell, I accidentally lost 500m coins last night. Assuming 1m people are staking 100,000 coins every 9 days, that will cover the new POS system for around 49 days. Why not use those 49 days to show people CENTS is still a viable trading system and stimulate the market? Then you can go from there and start brainstorming how you want to fix the total supply.
CheekyChappy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:00:45 PM

Just for clarity sake:

I have updated the client wallet to the latest update and I have 'x' CENTs in the wallet.

1) What should I do next to ensure I do not lose any CENTs?

2) If I do nothing except just open the wallet every few days to update the blocks and sync, will I lose any CENTs? If so how does the ratio to 'x' CENTs in wallet v/s 'the loss' actually work?

3) I still have my Cryptsy account and can use that if necessary to move the CENTs around if it means not losing any CENTs.

Can anyone kindly please give a simple reply as to what is going to happen and how it will affect us? I have read the previous pages of the forum but do not understand the implications of what will and will not happen.

Thank you

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
JohnathanCity

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:18:20 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 07:29:43 PM by JohnathanCity

Just for clarity sake:

I have updated the client wallet to the latest update and I have 'x' CENTs in the wallet.

1) What should I do next to ensure I do not lose any CENTs?

2) If I do nothing except just open the wallet every few days to update the blocks and sync, will I lose any CENTs? If so how does the ratio to 'x' CENTs in wallet v/s 'the loss' actually work?

3) I still have my Cryptsy account and can use that if necessary to move the CENTs around if it means not losing any CENTs.

Can anyone kindly please give a simple reply as to what is going to happen and how it will affect us? I have read the previous pages of the forum but do not understand the implications of what will and will not happen.

Thank you

In short: You will not lose any coins at all.

They are perfectly safe to sit in your wallet. The only thing reducing is the POS rate, which is similar to the concept of reducing block rewards when mining.
The coins I lost were my own stupidity I'm sure, and not a reflection of the program. haha
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:28:00 PM

My point is, there are too many in existence. The whole idea of indivisibility was novel, but it only exacerbates the problem, divisibility should be retuned at the same time that stake is removed to ensure this coin lives and people's investment of time , funds and costs does not go down the drain.
Trying to stick to the idea of having trillions that are continuing to stake is absurd, even with the stake reduction if i have a trillion, i will stake 10 Billion, as a result the mony supply will still grow very fast.

but if we divide by ten billion then a trillion becomes a hundred coins, which grow by 1 coin a week, which is far more manageable growth. in a month even with the stake fix, we may very well reach the point where the client is unable to display the balance.

So it would deal with inflation, absurd numbers, and stay well within transaction limits for A LONG TIME.

Just food for thought.

Your grasp of simple mathematics is terrible, if everything is divided by a <x> it wouldn't make a damn difference in any value. sure, each coin would be worth <x> times more, but it's the same relative value as they have now. The only real effect this would have is eliminating many peoples pennies. The only issue is MAX_TX, which as I've stated before, is easily remedied.

your grasp of the English language is terrible. it would make a damn difference if the total supply is divided because it would return the numbers to sane levels. also you keep overlooking the overall effect of PoS.....60 trillion it would still stake 60 Billion or more weekly with your reduction in stake.

Grasp this......THERE ARE TOO MANY PENNIES IN EXISTENCE, WE WOULD LIKE TO START REMEDYING THAT. I know you are not the original dev, but as a stand in, please do not take such an attitude to people's investment. I am nearly done cashing out, and i'll continue dumping unless a viable fix to the money supply is put in place.. saying you've reduced the stake by so much percentage is meaningless unless you plug in values and calculate based on that.

Perhaps it would be best if we focused on fixing the coin's image as opposed to playing with the details just yet. I understand what you're saying, but this coin as is with POS still has lot of potential, and the thing that is going to kill it is the community unless they attempt to restore faith in it. Seriously, just deleting coins isn't going to fix anything in the long term if nobody is willing to trade in it. Hell, I accidentally lost 500m coins last night. Assuming 1m people are staking 100,000 coins every 9 days, that will cover the new POS system for around 49 days. Why not use those 49 days to show people CENTS is still a viable trading system and stimulate the market? Then you can go from there and start brainstorming how you want to fix the total supply.

I stake Daily, and i today's total is close to 89 Billion. i actually get lazy to send coins to cryptsy, and i think i have a wallet that has staked 4 times without me looking at it...unless the pc shutdown for some reason. I am not saying lets delete coins, i am saying lets change 10000000000000 to 1000 or 10000, this allows us to be able to transfer all our coins in one go, and they will stake in one go. I am saying that the image of this coin is bad due to the absurd amount of coin out there and the way it grows.. so to fix it, let's reduce what the eyes see. If i say i have a trillion cent, it takes time to register how many zeros are involved and then compare that to the 1 coin reward for mining. By dividing the coin supply, we not only save it's image but encourage people to mine again, which in turn will make transactions instant.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:15:47 PM

I stake Daily blah blah blah, blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,

Do yourself a favor and everyone else and just forget about this coin and its shortcomings, try any one of these coins listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsVWbj5CxfmHdGxmNmpycThjRzN6NUJtR0ItNnlBVUE#gid=0

At last count there were 194 OTHER coins to try your magic on.

I take it you are an expert? Take note that your last ten posts have been on this thread, so why don't you take your own advice and shove it up where it belongs.
The_Catman (OP)

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 08:27:59 PM

Alright, this is the last time I'm going to say this: Pennies are supposed to be worthless and i will not do anything to change that no matter how much you whine about it.

You invested in a currency that was always meant to be worthless from the very start, if you lose any money on it it's your own damned fault. No one advertised this currency, no one told you it was a good idea to invest in it, you did it all on your own specifically against the developers suggestions. If cryptsy delists it that's completely fine by me, i don't know why they ever wasted their time with it in the first place, i don't know why any of you have wasted your time with it. None of you were even supposed to know about this coin, it was just an experiment for shake and his pals at #fridaynightunix. That any of you even care about it is an anomaly i don't understand but I will not change the only purpose this coin had just to appease you.

I would like to request that any further discussion about pennies be done in the forum linked in the OP, this thread was not supposed to be dedicated to pennies but rather the future endeavours of RazorLove services. The continued maintenance of pennies was simply a small courtesy that I am beginning to regret.

PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:35:51 PM

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
JimmyS

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:41:43 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 09:18:16 PM by JimmyS

The_Catman,

Would you consider donating the source code for the wallet to a Penny Foundation, if we could ever get a foundation together?  
Sorry for posting here, continued at https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2632-general-complaints/

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:59:54 AM

Alright, this is the last time I'm going to say this: Pennies are supposed to be worthless and i will not do anything to change that no matter how much you whine about it.

You invested in a currency that was always meant to be worthless from the very start, if you lose any money on it it's your own damned fault. No one advertised this currency, no one told you it was a good idea to invest in it, you did it all on your own specifically against the developers suggestions. If cryptsy delists it that's completely fine by me, i don't know why they ever wasted their time with it in the first place, i don't know why any of you have wasted your time with it. None of you were even supposed to know about this coin, it was just an experiment for shake and his pals at #fridaynightunix. That any of you even care about it is an anomaly i don't understand but I will not change the only purpose this coin had just to appease you.

I would like to request that any further discussion about pennies be done in the forum linked in the OP, this thread was not supposed to be dedicated to pennies but rather the future endeavours of RazorLove services. The continued maintenance of pennies was simply a small courtesy that I am beginning to regret.

Point of correction before i unwatch this thread. I was there the very minute shake announced it on the old cryptsy chat box. He stated clearly it was for fun but did not block commercialization. Either way all that's left is staking and selling. This coin is dead unless something is done soon, the smart ones will have sold all by the 5th because i doubt anyone one who knows will still be buying.
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:43:40 AM

well marketcap is not so huge even after 8. day stakes. I have just few pennies but hope it will survive  Kiss
kalgecin

Activity: 819

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:48:42 AM

Point of correction before i unwatch this thread. I was there the very minute shake announced it on the old cryptsy chat box. He stated clearly it was for fun but did not block commercialization. Either way all that's left is staking and selling. This coin is dead unless something is done soon, the smart ones will have sold all by the 5th because i doubt anyone one who knows will still be buying.
How can a coin that was never meant to be alive die??? This coin has been dead in terms of value since day 0. And it was meant to be.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

sergiu2k

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:16:46 AM

The CatMAn ...wtf man? people loose lots of money ...because you say it is for fun....i hope lots of people will not buy any future coin ...made by RazorLove....because in one day TheCatMan will wake up and say...it was just for fun...

BB.
Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:07:02 AM

It whould to be true for any altcoins. And what do you suggest? Stop mining - find another job?
You're right, You should not agreed to support this coin, because you don't care about it.

Everybody have to understand that The_Catman absolutely doesn't care about Pennies.
We need other support.

May be Satoshi made ​Bitcoin also just for fun. But thanks to the efforts of many people it is a serious business now. With such an attitude as like The_Catman better not to do it.
CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:10:43 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 02:31:49 PM by CheekyChappy

Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the WHOLE situation and not just pick and choose the parts they want to look at.

I joined Bitcointalk around a month ago and am still learning about altcoins. This is all new to me.

Having said that it seems clear that Catman has taken over a project that was literally dead because the creator was no longer working on it. If Catman is doing what he thinks is best for the survival of CENTs then let him get on with it. Other than that, feel free to make him an offer to take over the CENT project then find yourself a coder who you will have to pay in order to get right the things you think Catman is doing wrong. It is as simple as that but either way those of you moaning at him have to stop.

I have no idea idea what will happen to the CENTs in my wallet come 8th Jan 2014, nor do I know what will happen if I send/receive them. Full credit to them, all the information has been given out several times by Catman and Petr1fied but I do not understand it because altcoins is not my field, however, I do think I am wise to trust the person who is giving his personal time free of charge to a project that is virtually dead.

If at the end of it I manage to sell the CENTs I have and make back the few LTC I paid to purchase them then it would be great. If not, then it is a matter of living and learning, "c'est la vie" I suppose. I have no idea what is going to happen on 8th Jan 2014 but am happy to let things roll. For those of you who expect miracles to happen to the value of CENT and/or cannot appreciate what Catman is doing, I request you sell up now to minimise your losses and exit this thread, or make a deal with him and offer to take over the project or (providing he agrees to a deal) make some donations to him and request he implements the changes you want him to make.

I made my choice, I will wait and see what happens because I trust Catman. There is nothing stopping you making your choices but either way please stop moaning and stop criticising Catman.

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

I don't know if you have plans to do the following, but I know from IFC, it was like a month ago or two at maximum where they started the idea of an IFC council. It was just the community coming together and making plans, discussing stuff and taking concrete steps to enhance the marketing, application and use etc of the coin. Now IFC is hitting ATH continuously only after that was done, and they are still very active which explains their success. I think this is exactly what CENT needs. With the POS going to get fixed soon and the tx after that, I guess CENT will be just fine. What we need to to take actions as a community. So maybe we should start a Pennies Council or something like that, everybody can make constructive suggestions, and offer their skills. We need somebody to organize and keep track of what is going on, like what suggestions have been agreed upon, what are the skill sets available. And we make a todo list, 1, 2, 3.. make teams to work on the different projects etc. Thats how we get CENT up again and make it flourish.
I myself unfortunately don't have enough time to organize and invest in this, and I only have 3bn CENTs, but I would like to see this coin succeed and I hope the whole community together can get enough time and effort to invest and to do that and to grow! if you think this would be a good idea, talk about it, take it to the CENT forum, spread it, tell your grandma, and start the action!
my two CENTs  Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
BitcoinsNL

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:02:10 PM

but if we divide by ten billion...

I dont think the price of pennies will go up ten billion times if you divide it by ten billion. Then 1 pennie would have to be worth 350 btc... Dividing the coins will just make current owners mad and lose more money. There was plenty of time to sell for 0.00000001 xpm, its not that this stake issue is brand new.
The_Catman (OP)

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 03:27:04 PM

Oh for fucks sake. I never said I was abondaning pennies. I wouldn't have voluntered to take it over if I was just going to abondan it.

However, I took it over for fun as was the intention of pennies and you insufferable entitled greedy twats are making it decidedly not fun. As such i find no reward in making useless changes to the coin to appease you. What do you even want from it now? IT'S FIXED. I CAN'T FIX IT ANYMORE THAN FIXED. If it breaks again I will be here to fix it again. It's what I do.

I do not, on the other hand, have any connections or sway over exchanges to make them keep trading an unprofitable coin. That's not my job, and that's all I'm saying. The only thing I will not do for you is to advertise and promote a coin i know you shouldn't invest in. But i'm not going to stop you from doing so, and that is all.

meta.p02

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:28:52 PM

I think we need a new unit that is more convenient: 100 million CENT -> some new unit (say MILL, since 100 million CENT is 1 million dollars) because when the currency amounts get too large (when hyperinflation happens) the good thing to do is to redenominate... basically a CENT would serve like a satoshi does in Bitcoin right now

The advantage of this system is that you can read the price in MILL given to 8dp as CENT by removing the decimal point. Plus it would hopefully prevent the price from going below 1 XPM-satoshi for the time being.

Any other ways to make this coin tradable again? There is still quite an interest in this coin, from what I can see on Cryptsy.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:12:41 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many coins there are ?

The stakebug was 10x every 9 days ?

I think this coin is hosed, and I don't think it will be going anywhere.  No one can even tell us how many coins are in existence.  Why bother trying to create services for them?  It is pretty much done with.  You guys should just start trading them amongst yourselves.  Find a good pump and dumper and see if he'll buy your 99999 trillion coins.  Thats your only choice.

Or create an exchange and shut down deposits of this CENTS like bter.  Purely fake market to sell to unsuspecting rubes like I was.

I was burned so bad on this coin.  I don't know wtf cryptsy is doing putting it on the market when it was so horribly broken.

I'm sure those who massively grew their coins were happy at the time, but all it did was perma-screw this currency.  Even if someone put effort into creating some sort of service for them, you're just waiting for the minute some one who was around during stake bug and just wipes out the whole market at once by dumping.
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:44:23 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many coins there are ?

The stakebug was 10x every 9 days ?

I think this coin is hosed, and I don't think it will be going anywhere.  No one can even tell us how many coins are in existence.  Why bother trying to create services for them?  It is pretty much done with.  You guys should just start trading them amongst yourselves.  Find a good pump and dumper and see if he'll buy your 99999 trillion coins.  Thats your only choice.

Or create an exchange and shut down deposits of this CENTS like bter.  Purely fake market to sell to unsuspecting rubes like I was.

I was burned so bad on this coin.  I don't know wtf cryptsy is doing putting it on the market when it was so horribly broken.

I'm sure those who massively grew their coins were happy at the time, but all it did was perma-screw this currency.  Even if someone put effort into creating some sort of service for them, you're just waiting for the minute some one who was around during stake bug and just wipes out the whole market at once by dumping.

Stop your bitching.You lost some money,and alot of people have as well.   I sank a little over 1btc on this currency.
But unlike you, I'm not crying like a baby.  I'm trying to come up with a solution by doing things such as writing a FAQ,and creating a Setup file for the Client.

Actually I got most of my money out right as the xpm market collapsed this last time, but still took a bath which would be more than a BTC at today's price.  The fact is this coin is so bad it should have never been put on cryptsy.  I'm as pissed at cryptsy as anyone.  Then I read this stake bug and realize this coin was dead before I even purchased it.  Write your losses off, or create a new blockchain and have people transfer old pennies to the new one in some manner.  Sorry, but with the stake bug this coin was ruined as far as I can tell.  I'd love to see it actually create a market, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.  Cute concept, etc etc.  Hire a developer and have it become a POS coin.  You'd have better luck with that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: