Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RazorLove Cryptocurrency Services - DBL, CENT, & FOO/BAR Updates  (Read 153351 times)
The_Catman (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:05:29 PM

is this ridiculous crap coin still around?

who's bright idea was it to allow pos, so that people have trillions of pennies now?

And the devs are shady, and kind of perverse i think.

Drop pennies and get back to having a life. ( another way of saying 'get a life' )

PoS itself isn't the problem, it was a misplaced decimal because, as i've said many times, this was a just for fun coin and no one cared enough to double check everything before that release that never happened.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that i'm a shady perv, i don't really think i'm all that shady.

The_Catman (OP)

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:13:41 PM

Wait... so let me get this straight... we can only use the 0.9.6 client until new year, but stake will continue generating until 8th of Jan? Huh I'm confused here

How clear can i make this...

UPDATE TO v0.10.0 NOW.

Does that make sense?

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:27:02 PM

Wait... so let me get this straight... we can only use the 0.9.6 client until new year, but stake will continue generating until 8th of Jan? Huh I'm confused here

How clear can i make this...

UPDATE TO v0.10.0 NOW.

Does that make sense?

i know you are busy, but did you ever think about re-introducing decimals and placing at a point where it divides by 10 billion? It means you won't have to bother with increasing the transaction limit. and since there is time you can just put it in the current update.
JohnathanCity

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:49:02 PM

Hey guys, so, Pennybank is kind of unreliable to load for me. Every time I try to boot the qt client, sometimes it will load, and sometimes it just brings up the loading page, and gets stuck. I typically have to reload my computer once or twice to get it to work. Anyone know why this is happening?
The_Catman (OP)

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

i know you are busy, but did you ever think about re-introducing decimals and placing at a point where it divides by 10 billion? It means you won't have to bother with increasing the transaction limit. and since there is time you can just put it in the current update.

That wouldn't really solve anything and would completely defeat the purpose of pennies. Everything is fixed other than the max tx size and that can be easily remedied, i just don't want to push out another update while these people still can't figure out they need to update to the current one.

Hey guys, so, Pennybank is kind of unreliable to load for me. Every time I try to boot the qt client, sometimes it will load, and sometimes it just brings up the loading page, and gets stuck. I typically have to reload my computer once or twice to get it to work. Anyone know why this is happening?

To many stakes in the system is making it take awhile to load. It will load up if you just leave it for 10-20 minutes, your rebooting is just going to corrupt your data.

arielkris

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:19:37 PM

cryptsy will stop working with CENT/LTC
i've lost 300LTC on this coin,
where can we see a market tradeing this coin with a place we can do actual DEPOSIT!!! (cant do one on bter.com).
JohnathanCity

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:20:43 PM

To many stakes in the system is making it take awhile to load. It will load up if you just leave it for 10-20 minutes, your rebooting is just going to corrupt your data.

Thank you sir. It finally just loaded.
Itsltctime

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:31:44 PM

I'm working on a FAQ for pennies/cent.
Here's my progress so far.

---About Pennies---
How many pennies will be created?
How many coins have been created so far?

---About the client---
Where can I download the client?
https://github.com/RazorLove/pennies-qt
Click on “download ZIP”

What is “saving interest”  on the Pennie's client?

---Stake---

What is stake?
The point of stake is to solidify the network from 51% attacks by keeping wallets online and synced constantly even if you aren't solo mining.

How long does it take for stake?
7 days.
 But that only means your coin blocks are ELIGIBLE to PRODUCE a stake block... it still has to be accepted by the blockchain before it counts and the block can be orphaned forcing another attempt to be made at a later time. The existing issue is Pennies has a maximum tx amount and the insane stake multiplier makes any block of coins over a certain amount ineligible to be stake worthy because the transaction will be rejected by the blockchain when it sees it is over the maximum tx limit. This is fixed in version 10 of the Pennies client and goes into effect with the stake correction that takes place starting January 8th."

Do you need to have your client constantly "on" to receive the state?
Or could you set up yourself to receive stakes,not use the client for several months,and then return to find you have loads of stakes?

The client must be open and synced in order for the PoS blocks to attempt generation...

you can leave the client closed and then open and sync it just before your coindate reaches maturity for stake, and then it will be eligible to do so... but leaving it offline will NEVER generate stake ever. The point of stake is to solidify the network from 51% attacks by keeping wallets online and synced constantly even if you aren't solo mining.

What's this stake update about?
Exactly 7 days after this deadline (8th January 2014 at 00:00:00 GMT) the new Proof of Stake values will kick in and reduce stake by a factor of 10,000. This would mean a transaction of 100,000 would generate approximately 90 CENT on top of the original stake after the typical 9 days it takes for stakes to happen.

How much stake did I get before the update?
If you had 100 million Pennies, you would receive 1 billion Pennies.

How much stake do I get now?
100,000 would generate approximately 90 CENT

How do I get stake?
You just wait.
You just wait,and there's no need to enter anything in the “Command Line Banking” aspect of the client.

What if I sent pennies in units of more than 900 million to my wallet?
You can either send the pennies in units of 50 millon or less, to a different address in the same wallet, saving having to go through Cryptsy.

Or

You could send ALL of your Pennies to Cryptsy, THEN delete all of the pennies client data including that found in the roaming folder,reinstall the pennies client,and then transfer your pennies in units of 50million or less back to your pennies client. 

Would you mind if I put this on centcon.org? Averaging 100 uniques a day. This faq would be a perfect addition.
VinCeCream

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:06:08 PM

Working fine for me thanks !  Wink

JohnathanCity

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:25:35 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 10:59:06 PM by JohnathanCity

One more thing, and I just want to clarify because I'm very new to POS coins. I can, in fact, send coins to the same wallet via a different address from that wallet, and it will reset the coin age for POS? I only ask because I received confirmations on all of the tx of 50,000,000 pennies I sent; however, in my wallet they show up under my register as the amount of 0.
The_Catman (OP)

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 10:59:22 PM

One more thing, and I just want to clarify because I'm very new to POS coins. I can, in fact, send coins to the same wallet via a different address from that wallet, and it will reset the coin age for POS? I only ask because I received confirmations on all of the tx of 50,000,000 pennies I sent; however, in my wallet they show up under my ledger as the amount of 0.

Yes, when you transfer coins between addresses in the same wallet it will display a change of 0 in your ledger/tx history. This is because as far as the wallet is concerned, your balance hasn't changed.

You can see how many coins are in each address by enabling coincontrol.

arielkris

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:10:04 PM

catman, u can talk to bter.com and help them with their deposit problem?
JohnathanCity

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:13:21 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 11:28:03 PM by JohnathanCity

Yes, when you transfer coins between addresses in the same wallet it will display a change of 0 in your ledger/tx history. This is because as far as the wallet is concerned, your balance hasn't changed.

You can see how many coins are in each address by enabling coincontrol.
Oh, okay. I see now.

So should I, in theory, send each batch of these to a different address each time, or is it acceptable to send each individual 50 million transaction to the same, secondary address?
I read earlier something about program limitations and sending them a certain way, but that make have just referred to the TX limit of 1,000,000,000.
(Sorry to bombard you with questions)
arielkris

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:42:40 PM

CENT/LTC - This market will be turned off on January 1st due to low trade price and volume
I think it is the end...too many coins, Trade pair CENT/XPM has one order 0.00000001, and he will die today or tomorrow!!
What next??

What is next? Read all of the pertinent forum threads on CENT and realize that everything that was said for CENT to flourish was untrue, and anyone that was commenting negatively probably knew what they were talking about.

You must ask yourself, why did BTER stop allowing CENT deposits? Then you can ask yourself who is still buying this coin and why?

More importantly you can ask, will people continue to buy this coin in the XPM/CENT market or will it close just like the BTC/CENT and LTC/CENT markets?

If you want this coin to flourish build services that accept it as payment (good luck). Also for a short term solution, get BTER to accept deposits on CENT again, this will enable a flood of arbitrage and raise the price on Cryptsy once again.

There was a person on here complaining they could not sell it fast enough, though I thought this was a gift to this person that there were actual buys that allowed sales to happen; I wonder how this person now feels about having to incrementally make sells of less than 1 billion per sale with no actual people buying.
Could'nt say it better.
Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:17:01 AM

There was a person on here complaining they could not sell it fast enough, though I thought this was a gift to this person that there were actual buys that allowed sales to happen; I wonder how this person now feels about having to incrementally make sells of less than 1 billion per sale with no actual people buying.
I assume you are talking about me.  The issue I had was never having something to sell into just the number of actions required. I just eneded up making 100 orders instead of 3, no biggy. Having made more than 70BTC from this coin and haven't mined a thing since August (With trillions left in the wallet), I am feeling fine, how about you?

JohnathanCity

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:23:21 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 12:41:46 AM by JohnathanCity

Alright, bigger problem. Anybody have pointers on how to fix this?

https://i.imgur.com/XAfGZjP.png?1

Unsure why, but my transaction was rejected. Then when I started the client again I received this before finding 1.5 billion coins missing from the address I was holding them in. The address is there, the cents gone.
killerbelka

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:46:15 AM

CENT/LTC - This market will be turned off on January 1st due to low trade price and volume
I think it is the end...too many coins, Trade pair CENT/XPM has one order 0.00000001, and he will die today or tomorrow!!
What next??

What is next? Read all of the pertinent forum threads on CENT and realize that everything that was said for CENT to flourish was untrue, and anyone that was commenting negatively probably knew what they were talking about.

You must ask yourself, why did BTER stop allowing CENT deposits? Then you can ask yourself who is still buying this coin and why?

More importantly you can ask, will people continue to buy this coin in the XPM/CENT market or will it close just like the BTC/CENT and LTC/CENT markets?

If you want this coin to flourish build services that accept it as payment (good luck). Also for a short term solution, get BTER to accept deposits on CENT again, this will enable a flood of arbitrage and raise the price on Cryptsy once again.

Could'nt say it better.
So you say that is coin have no future? So why not tell BigVern and other people here to stop market and stop bying it...And why Cat try to make somethink if this coin will be dead anyway...
Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:27:31 AM

catman, u can talk to bter.com and help them with their deposit problem?
Yes, please tell them. Because its strange now that they let to withdraw but not to deposit.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
weenfan

Activity: 373
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 01:30:13 AM

For proof of stake to work on the qt cent client is there anything special you need to do or just leave it running?
JohnathanCity

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:33:44 AM

For proof of stake to work on the qt cent client is there anything special you need to do or just leave it running?

As I understand it, it has to have the updated blockchain and be running by the stake date.
If you leave it running you help the network, and don't have to worry about your stake.  Wink

Do you need to have your client constantly "on" to receive the state?
Or could you set up yourself to receive stakes,not use the client for several months,and then return to find you have loads of stakes?

The client must be open and synced in order for the PoS blocks to attempt generation...

you can leave the client closed and then open and sync it just before your coindate reaches maturity for stake, and then it will be eligible to do so... but leaving it offline will NEVER generate stake ever. The point of stake is to solidify the network from 51% attacks by keeping wallets online and synced constantly even if you aren't solo mining.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: