Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231196 times)
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:25:13 PM

well, all my btc's were purchased on their exchange.... but anyway, how one can KNOW what the hell this coin been tainted with ... I mean wtf? If my dolar bill was yesterday in hands of drug dealer Iam definitely not one who will know it - how?

Average users like us are at a great disadvantage here. Blockchain analysis companies have very advanced ways now to link transactions to identities. We don't. The tools we do have (like Blockchain.info taint analysis) leave much to be desired, and are difficult for non-technical users to understand.

What they are trying to do is steal with an excuse tho. And this is bigger and bigger issue.

Unfortunately, this is definitely part of it. The US government (at multiple levels) has been using asset forfeiture laws to steal from people for many years now. It's being extended to Bitcoin, too...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:43:22 PM

hard to believe and in short time second like that case in bitstamp.
Sad

i'm their verified customer since 2013 and i'm starting to be worried what will happen when i'll transfer few coins there and sell them... pitty situation with exchanges all over the place.

I'm worried that this may have to do with tainted coins. I've had a strict policy of not depositing any coins to Coinbase or Bitstamp for years now. They are extremely compliance-oriented and are working closely with law enforcement agencies. Lack of fungibility, I fear, is becoming more and more of an issue for open blockchains like Bitcoin.

I am too verified with them since 2013 and until this happened had really big trust in their services.
Half of the coins that I was trading on Bitstamp were bought at Kraken. I only moved them to Bitstamp, cause Kraken was super laggy and unreliable to trade on. Now I wish I didn't.

The 2 slovenian guys, who own the exchange seems to be under the illusion that they can do this without any consequences.
I guess I have no choice, but show them this is not the case.

krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:08:22 AM

keep us posted! thanks

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:48:35 AM

Update on my case:

I think my Subject Access Request that I sent last night might have triggered a response from Bitstamp.
Their Head of Legal & Compliance, emailed me today and then I spent 40 minutes with him on the phone.
He was was quite apologetic and told me that there was an investigation, where my name matched the name of another person involved in illegal activities, but that has been cleared.
Still I explained that this kind of compliance is damaging to their business if customers are subjected to such kind of silent treatment.
It is really ironic how such businesses strive to look all professional and compliant, but manage to damage the trust of their customers in the process.

Even though the resolution was positive for me I still feel that Bitstamp need to change their practices and balance their customers' interests with their compliance methods. I am not convinced this will not happen again to other people.
Bitstamp should should strive to be a transparent company that is accountable for its actions.

I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow to see if I have any grounds to claim damages.
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:18:41 PM

Glad to hear it...

Still its poorly made up story indeed, when u r identified they should not be investigating people just by similar names...

Anyway at least solved.

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

Attention when withdrawing ETH from Bitstamp!
Please make sure that the receiving party supports Ethereum transactions generated from smart contracts prior to initiating an ETH withdrawal.
Bitstamp is the first and only exchange that is sending ETH as smart contract.
95% of all other exchanges are NOT supporting smart contracts!
So if you send your ETH from bitstamp to any other exchange, your funds will most probably be lost ...

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
howtobuy

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:59:34 PM

Update on my case:

I think my Subject Access Request that I sent last night might have triggered a response from Bitstamp.
Their Head of Legal & Compliance, emailed me today and then I spent 40 minutes with him on the phone.
He was was quite apologetic and told me that there was an investigation, where my name matched the name of another person involved in illegal activities, but that has been cleared.
Still I explained that this kind of compliance is damaging to their business if customers are subjected to such kind of silent treatment.
It is really ironic how such businesses strive to look all professional and compliant, but manage to damage the trust of their customers in the process.

Even though the resolution was positive for me I still feel that Bitstamp need to change their practices and balance their customers' interests with their compliance methods. I am not convinced this will not happen again to other people.
Bitstamp should should strive to be a transparent company that is accountable for its actions.

I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow to see if I have any grounds to claim damages.

I think you are a bit unjust to them. Nowadays full compliance with anti money laundering, anti terror etc laws is the only way to keep the bank accounts open.   
bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:24:12 AM

hi, having an issue with 2fa,  works fine on every other site so not a sync iissue, any ideas pls?
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:21:33 PM

I got a withdrawal "in process" since Dec. 8th

Ticket #257268
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:49:09 AM

I simply asked them to cancel the withdrawal and credit it to my account again... that already worked with MtGox...
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:34:42 AM

Hello dear Bitstamp, I’ve made a deposit. My bank notified me that money have been delivered to your bank in Slovenia. Would you be so kind to transfer them to my to my Bitstamp account so I can trade, please. It takes so long already. TICKET #257129

They're not active on this forum anymore. A more reliable way to contact the support is Twitter.
Pound_Note

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:55:38 PM

What the hell has happened to Bitstamp/customer service Huh

I've been using Bitstamp for 3+ year's & I've been very satisfied with the service, sepa deposited within 3 day's, & questions answered in a timely manner.

However this time round it's different, I did a sepa transfer deposit 3 week's ago! & I'm still waiting for my account to be credited Angry , I contacted Bitstamp customer service 5 week's ago with another issue & they've yet to respond

Seems like Bitstamp standards are dropping! I mean you only have to look at look at their Twitter account & you can see many disgruntled customers!
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:50:12 PM

Seems like Bitstamp standards are dropping! I mean you only have to look at look at their Twitter account & you can see many disgruntled customers!

You have to take into account that the posts on their Twitter account are heavily skewed
towards negative tweets, because no happy user has the need to comment on their Twitter page.

However, you should try to message "Bitstamp-Domen" here at Bitcointalk
or at Reddit. He has been very helpful and has solved the issues of me and several other
Bitstamp users that had complaints about support tickets being untreated for too long.

Additionally, I read somewhere that they are responding faster to people with very old Bitstamp accounts.
If you are a new customer you might get less stellar support than people, who have been using
Bitstamp for several years (not sure if this is accurate, it could very well be a fake rumor).
Pound_Note

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:03:19 PM

You have to take into account that the posts on their Twitter account are heavily skewed
towards negative tweets, because no happy user has the need to comment on their Twitter page.

However, you should try to message "Bitstamp-Domen" here at Bitcointalk
or at Reddit. He has been very helpful and has solved the issues of me and several other
Bitstamp users that had complaints about support tickets being untreated for too long.

Additionally, I read somewhere that they are responding faster to people with very old Bitstamp accounts.
If you are a new customer you might get less stellar support than people, who have been using
Bitstamp for several years (not sure if this is accurate, it could very well be a fake rumor).

Well I do have a "very old Bitstamp account" so I don't think that's true, guess I just have to play the waiting game.

"UPDATE: HIGH DEMAND20 DEC 2017Newspaper headlines around the world tell the same story. The massive increase in digital currency trading shows no sign of slowing down, and the industry is working very hard to keep pace with the meteoric levels of demand we are experiencing. This surge in interest is unprecedented, and the pace of growth continues to outstrip even the most optimistic projections forecast by the industry. Although this deluge of attention bodes well for the future of digital currencies, and our position as the longest established digital currency exchange in the world, our resources have been stretched to capacity.

And this has had consequences. Not only are we flooded with verification, account opening and support requests, we are also experiencing backlogs with SEPA and wire transfers. Severe delays are expected in all these areas, and we have had to limit communication solely to email and our support ticketing system. Although we have moved quickly to mitigate the effects of this increase in demand, our task is difficult. We need to continue scaling up to meet the exponential rise in demand for our services, which is why we ask for your continued patience and understanding.

It is difficult to convey in writing how hard we are working to clear our backlogs. But we have all hands on deck and are maintaining a relentless pace, working overtime to ensure your needs are met. Since we are devoting all our resources to clearing tickets, this means that we respond in batches rather than real-time, which is the only reason for any delay in response. Every single ticket will be checked and cleared, normalcy will soon resume and everyone’s needs will be catered for. We can assure you of that. We are currently expanding our capacity to onboard new customers but, given external events and the high workloads we are experiencing, this will take some time.

If you would like to learn about how you can help us get your query resolved faster, please check the link here. Please also refrain from contacting our bank. Since the issues we are experiencing are borne by us, they are unable to expedite the process.

Thank you to all of you who have reached out to us with positive feedback, which often does not get heard. We are proud to keep putting you all first. And we appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we get back on top of things – it means a lot to us.

Best,
The Bitstamp team"

uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:28:37 PM

Bitstamp are absolutely pathetic at the moment.

My years old account was terminated in November despite providing KYC for the N'th time. I was assured that I would receive my money back in a timely manner, so I was pretty unconcerned with losing the account (I don't use Bitstamp to trade anymore as the USD>EUR>GBP conversions are a killer)

Sadly, 2 months later, they have still not returned my money (6 figures). They also are incapable of replying to support tickets and emails in anything less than 3 weeks  (literally, no exaggeration). I've had to get the regulator involved to try and resolve the situation.

Absolutely disgusted with their service, and hugely regret fighting their corner on here and on reddit over the years. Being overwhelmed is not an excuse, they should have done the decent thing and close registrations until they can service the customer base that they already have.
Pound_Note

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:21:22 AM

UPDATE: sepa deposit finally been added to my account.

Still awaiting response for my open ticket of 5+ weeks
leoragraves666

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:08:13 PM

Situation is getting worse every day, delays and delays for everything

PC & Mac repairs
jhonnyp2

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:45:17 PM

IBAN is different than SEPA. she will need to provide her account number and iban and swift code. iban isn't the same thing as account number, it's different.
You can find swift codes here in this database.https://www.allbankswiftcodes.com/
jhonnyp2

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:53:08 PM

UPDATE: sepa deposit finally been added to my account.

Still awaiting response for my open ticket of 5+ weeks
have you tried raising a ticket again?
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:30:16 PM

In as few words possible:
2 days max
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: