Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:10:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907172 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:58:26 AM

Rpietila do you not have a humidor? i could recommend one which i use myself - until i started storing my cigars this way i thought they were not worth using - but the difference smoking one at optimum moisture levels enhances the flavours considerably.

Finnish winter's relative humidity is quite low inside the house. I probably overloaded the humidor with water which means that some of it had dripped from the moisturising part to the cigar in question. The wrapper was actually damp. I thought that "nice, at last the humidity is high enough", but seems that I overdone it. Thank you and the ones with PM answers.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:29:32 PM

I like the name change Smiley
oh the places we'll go
KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:47:06 PM

So I see the cult of the cryptogoat continues to grow.  Cool

They're trying to buy all the coins. 
We must not let them.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

Rpietilla, any luck with your Gox withdrawals?

4 days here - no bitcoins, no words from Gox.

They sent me new year's greeting of BTC1 but are still withholding 15 transactions totalling BTC500+.

An unrelated note - I lost half of a 7"-54 cigar (Cohiba Piramides) because it was burning too cold. Is this because of too high or too low humidity (or sth else)? Only the second half worked.

Major announcement: There is a new private bitcoin forum online. If you belong to the top contributors here, please PM and I will send you an invitation. Finally a place to take the discussion to a new level!  Smiley

What defines a "top contributor"?

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:57:13 PM

Bitcointalk has 200,000+ users. The new forum is aiming to get members from the 1,000 most prominent, knowledgeable, understanding, eloquent, smart, etc. among them. The most important criterion is deep interest in Bitcoin.

No trolls. No lurkers. Later on some part of the forum will be made public so that the lurkers can also benefit from our work.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:38:42 AM

Bitcointalk has 200,000+ users. The new forum is aiming to get members from the 1,000 most prominent, knowledgeable, understanding, eloquent, smart, etc. among them. The most important criterion is deep interest in Bitcoin.

No trolls. No lurkers. Later on some part of the forum will be made public so that the lurkers can also benefit from our work.

Im sorry that I trolled your post earlier mr. Rpietila. I wont do it again.

Can you please tell me what a lurker is?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:46:42 AM

Yes this sounds sort of illuminati-ish. Secret society type stuff.

To each his own.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:49:48 AM

To each his own.

its the new Bilderberg secret society for crypto bankers ^^

Non inultus premor
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:56:30 AM

To each his own.

No surprise. The whole crypto market is heavily manipulated by secret whale consortiums. Quite antithetical to bitcoin's so-called ideals.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:11:21 AM

that sounds so pretentious. and all this for a P2P network...   Roll Eyes

can you blame him?
there are far too many people round here that have no philosophical grounding.
then there are people like proudhon... bless his soul.
the top dogs dont want all that.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:35:13 AM

To each his own.

No surprise. The whole crypto market is heavily manipulated by secret whale consortiums. Quite antithetical to bitcoin's so-called ideals.
Good ideas/ideals don't magically change economic market realities.  Big holders will exist in everything.  The benefit of crypto over regular financial shenanigans is that the rules can't be changed on fly by those same big holders to their benefit.   

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:49:13 AM

To each his own.

Good ideas/ideals don't magically change economic market realities.  Big holders will exist in everything.  The benefit of crypto over regular financial shenanigans is that the rules can't be changed on fly by those same big holders to their benefit.   

+1 well said.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:19:17 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 03:58:42 AM by MatTheCat

can you blame him?

Philosophical Grounding....?

......What a load of old bollocks.

Bitcoin is driven by avarice and I suspect a creeping sense of power and control felt by those who make these markets. For this reason and this reason alone, the nominal valuation of Bitcoin has shot through the roof (limited supply), yet its' actual real world applications remain very limited, and perhaps an argument can be made that Bitcoin's overvaluation is now inhibiting it's uptake in the wider economy, despite the best attempts of certain whale entities to hold Bitcoin in a certain price range. Everyone with a bit of sense knows this, and who is going to place any of their eggs on a battered beaten up wagon that is being held together against all the laws of physics by the will of the wagon driver(s) to not allow it to break? The very same wagon drivers who were perhaps responsible for ripping the arse out of the whole thing to begin with?

Bitcoin might be the first of a kind, the harbinger of a technological era credit transfer process, but when we get down to its bare bones, its just the same old market cornering shite that has always went hand in hand with finance throughout history and right now there is a lot of shaking down to be done and nobody will be shaking down any of my pennies, pounds, or dollars.

Sorry, but anyone who wants to profess a 'philosophical grounding' in Bitcoin right now is a bit of a clown as far as I am concerned..unless of course they took their stake in the game nice and early, in which case they can afford such mental self-indulgences.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:21:04 AM

Bitcoin might be the first of a kind, the harbinger of a technological era credit transfer process, but when we get down to its bare bones, its just the same old market cornering shite that has always went hand in hand with finance throughout history
The philosophical attraction of bitcoin is that it hopefully allows the creation of a system of money and banking that removes the element of coercion that has all too frequently gone hand in hand with finance throughout history. Removing the element of coercion does not immediately fix all problems. It does, however, make it an entirely new ball game -- not the same old shite by a longshot.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:27:23 AM

Everyday people are also starting to understand that Bitcoin is as revolutionary as email was with communication, as well as the idea you can directly buy a piece of the pie which allows you to have the following in varying degrees

The philosophical attraction of bitcoin is that it hopefully allows the creation of a system of money and banking that removes the element of coercion that has all too frequently gone hand in hand with finance throughout history. Removing the element of coercion does not immediately fix all problems. It does, however, make it an entirely new ball game -- not the same old shite by a longshot.

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:33:20 AM

can you blame him?

Philosophical Grounding....?

......What a load of old bollocks.

Bitcoin is driven by avarice and I suspect a creeping sense of power and control felt by those who make these markets. For this reason and this reason alone, the nominal valuation of Bitcoin has shot through the roof (limited supply), yet its' actual real world applications remain very limited, and perhaps an argument can be made that Bitcoin's overvaluation is now inhibiting it's uptake in the wider economy, despite the best attempts of certain whale entities to hold Bitcoin in a certain price range. Everyone with a bit of sense knows this, and who is going to place any of their eggs on a battered beaten up wagon that is being held together against all the laws of physics by the will of the wagon driver(s) to not allow it to break? The very same wagon drivers who were perhaps responsible for ripping the arse out of the whole thing to begin with?

Bitcoin might be the first of a kind, the harbinger of a technological era credit transfer process, but when we get down to its bare bones, its just the same old market cornering shite that has always went hand in hand with finance throughout history and right now there is a lot of shaking down to be done and nobody will be shaking down any of my pennies, pounds, or dollars.

Sorry, but anyone who wants to profess a 'philosophical grounding' in Bitcoin right now is a bit of a clown as far as I am concerned..unless of course they took their stake in the game nice and early, in which case they can afford such mental self-indulgences.

do you know what philosophy is mat? it's the study of validity, consistency, entailment, plausibility. do these ring a bell? no? you have just presented me with a red herring fallacy. you are continually guilty of ad hominem and strawman fallacies. Really I try with you mat but your arguments just dont equate to anything.  

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:37:13 AM

To each his own.

Yes, it is definitely the time to have a network which actually cares about Bitcoin and its members' liberties.

The "bitcoin foundation" has shown its skin in the longish time it has existed. Other secret societies also have not benefited the public.

It is time for all this to change. Long Live Goat the Great!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:59:47 AM

yeah well, i am quite skeptical bout all that.. it may start upon good intentions but i tend to never underestimate human greed and urge for power...

Finally there is a liberty-minded Bitcoin forum then!

If the others find it good, I will change my economics research threads there. If they don't, I may do it anyway because of liberty Smiley

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:47:31 PM

Correct me if I am mistaken but I thought there was already a private VIP section of these forums already.  Why redo what is already done?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:56:27 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 01:13:18 PM by MatTheCat

do you know what philosophy is mat? it's the study of validity, consistency, entailment, plausibility. do these ring a bell? no? you have just presented me with a red herring fallacy. you are continually guilty of ad hominem and strawman fallacies. Really I try with you mat but your arguments just dont equate to anything.  

Try and sound as smartie pants as you like, I have read enough from you to understand that you are another Bitcoin ideologist. And what you really mean by people who lack philosophical grounding, is people who don't share your own rosy Bitcoin ideology. People who just want to make a quick buck or ten, perhaps (like all the early adopters have done).

Do I lack a philosophical grounding, for example?

If Bitcoin were one day to take a place in the centre of global finance, how it would it operate in principle any differently from the gold standard, when those who held the most gold, held everyone else to ransom? Bitcoin is even billed as 'digital' gold. Bitcoin is already far too cornered a market, and that is just with 50% of the total coins mined. Who is gonna get their hands on the remaining 50%? Joe Blow and his homemade multi GPU mining rig or those with a huge amount of capital behind them?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: