Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with stress?  (Read 38153 times)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:32:13 PM

Really? Are you recommending pills which surpress symptoms while talking about curing the underlying problem? You sure are one piece of a hypocrite.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:34:31 PM

Really? Are you recommending pills which surpress symptoms while talking about curing the underlying problem? You sure are one piece of a hypocrite.
I deleted that part after several attempts on rewriting the post.
Obviously I really meant that you should get addicted to pills and such.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:00:00 PM

Exercise helps a lot

please unban me.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:01:27 PM

Exercise helps a lot

Just sing along to Black Sabbath.  it's what i do when i'm bored (stressed-out)

i am here.
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:36:03 PM

Stop spreading FUD and just let it happen.
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:56:24 PM

Stress is a symptom of an underlying problem. Trying to deal with it directly is like closing the barn doors after the horse has bolted.
You need to identify the cause, then take steps to remove it. Once the cause is removed, you will stop feeling stress.

If you're really keen on dealing with this, I suggest some form of therapy. CBT is excellent for identifying the causes and then finding ways to address them directly in ways which you can manage (CBT is especially good for anxiety). Other forms of therapy may suit your individual situation more though. Even counselling can help a lot (never underestimate the power of just talking to someone). Just dealing with these things will bring an immediate sense of relief sometimes and give you the motivation to keep going, especially, if like me, you tend to avoid doing so normally.

In the meantime, spend some time trying to identify what it is you're doing which creates this stress. Perhaps it's not a situation, but rather the way you deal with it.
Meditation can help too, but can often be frustrating when the underlying causes aren't being addressed
I would strongly advise against trying to "kill your emotions". Try rather to live harmoniously with them. Waging war on yourself isn't the way to peace, just more suffering. There is nothing wrong with emotions. We just need to learn not to be carried away by them.

Good luck. I hope things improve for you soon.
That is your opinion. I'd rather have my brain think about science related things all the time, than spend 1 minute a day on emotions. For me, emotions are a huge flaw in manking.

Emotions are what separate us from robots, allowing us to solve and do things that robots cannot.

blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:54:36 PM

Stress is a symptom of an underlying problem. Trying to deal with it directly is like closing the barn doors after the horse has bolted.
You need to identify the cause, then take steps to remove it. Once the cause is removed, you will stop feeling stress.

If you're really keen on dealing with this, I suggest some form of therapy. CBT is excellent for identifying the causes and then finding ways to address them directly in ways which you can manage (CBT is especially good for anxiety). Other forms of therapy may suit your individual situation more though. Even counselling can help a lot (never underestimate the power of just talking to someone). Just dealing with these things will bring an immediate sense of relief sometimes and give you the motivation to keep going, especially, if like me, you tend to avoid doing so normally.

In the meantime, spend some time trying to identify what it is you're doing which creates this stress. Perhaps it's not a situation, but rather the way you deal with it.
Meditation can help too, but can often be frustrating when the underlying causes aren't being addressed
I would strongly advise against trying to "kill your emotions". Try rather to live harmoniously with them. Waging war on yourself isn't the way to peace, just more suffering. There is nothing wrong with emotions. We just need to learn not to be carried away by them.

Good luck. I hope things improve for you soon.
That is your opinion. I'd rather have my brain think about science related things all the time, than spend 1 minute a day on emotions. For me, emotions are a huge flaw in manking.
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-long-live-robots.png
I used to think of it as you do. However, ~8 months ago I completely changed my opinion in that matter and tried living in harmony with my emotions. Then life became a lot happier over a night. You should at least give it a try! Smiley
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:21:05 PM

It will never happen, and it will never work. Try to become a 'machine'. You will burn out and realize that humans need change and spice to survive. We all need time to recharge, destress and to do leisure activities. We all need meaningful relationships with other human beings, and we need love and closeness. Cutting off your natural needs mean that down the line it will eventually be a problem, or you will be living with unfilled needs which will materialize in certain behaviors or emotions. I think a man needs to take care of all his needs to have any shot at being 'happy'. Ignoring one or more of your basic needs will turn into an internal conflict.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:26:28 PM

It will never happen, and it will never work. Try to become a 'machine'. You will burn out and realize that humans need change and spice to survive. We all need time to recharge, destress and to do leisure activities. We all need meaningful relationships with other human beings, and we need love and closeness. Cutting off your natural needs mean that down the line it will eventually be a problem, or you will be living with unfilled needs which will materialize in certain behaviors or emotions. I think a man needs to take care of all his needs to have any shot at being 'happy'. Ignoring one or more of your basic needs will turn into an internal conflict.
You quoted him but that's actually my post, smart.
Or you become something like a cyborg (not gonna happen at this rate), problem solved.
Being fine is enough, being happy is optional.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 07:44:08 PM

You quoted him but that's actually my post, smart.
Or you become something like a cyborg (not gonna happen at this rate), problem solved.
Being fine is enough, being happy is optional.
Happy is necessary, at least for long term sanity.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:46:16 PM

Stress can also be dealt by having a good wife who can lift you up, when ur down, she carress u and things and make retarded jokes

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Another GREAT way to deal with stress - watch South Park Smiley
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:55:21 PM

Stress can also be dealt by having a good wife who can lift you up, when ur down, she carress u and things and make retarded jokes

A good partner helps.
Also exercise is a key to reducing stress.

jdun

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:31:41 AM

yah, dude, you have to find something you really enjoy doing, whether it is sex, drugs, or rock n roll. Secondly, quit your job. Thirdly, download some Alan Watts audio files, and realize that life is just a big game. You are only playing it because you WANT to.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:05:06 AM

yah, dude, you have to find something you really enjoy doing, whether it is sex, drugs, or rock n roll. Secondly, quit your job. Thirdly, download some Alan Watts audio files, and realize that life is just a big game. You are only playing it because you WANT to.

Life is a choice, and death is a decision. - Lil Wayne Cool

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:51:09 AM

You could always substitute stress with sex....can't go wrong there right. Unless you become obsessive, addicted, or catch a disease. lol

TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:02:58 PM

You could always substitute stress with sex....can't go wrong there right. Unless you become obsessive, addicted, or catch a disease. lol

Well - nice piece of advice, but for everyone it's not so easy. Anybody can take a walk if they feel stressed out, but not everyone can have nice sex with a woman anytime they want. Smiley
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:04:00 PM

Yeah... there are a lot of substitutes other than sex... alcohol, cannabis.etc
jodybay

Activity: 266

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:23:48 PM

go hit the bong dude
gosh!!! stress will only kill you and make you older than your real age
smoke and have sex all night long Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:44:28 PM

go hit the bong dude
gosh!!! stress will only kill you and make you older than your real age
smoke and have sex all night long Cheesy
Sounds like an awesome plan! To bad I don't have any weed, or someone to sleep with atm! Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: