Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
utcminer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:34:50 AM

i checked about 5 pools and not all were on the same block... I wonder what block nitro1 is on, can someone confirm nitro1 and 2 are on the same block? i've stopped mining utc for a bit as i feel something's not right here >.< hope its just a slow server tho , but i somehow doubt it Tongue

NITRO2:
Next Network Block    148561    (Current: 148560)
Last Block Found    148556

NITRO:
Last Block Found    148558

LEETPOOLS:
Last Block Found    148418

good JOB

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thaitunhi1606

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:37:01 AM

Plz check nitro2. All TRANSACTION  --- Unconfirmed
Bassie

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:38:17 AM

ok yea , i stand corrected, i think some are just a tidbit slower and didnt look in detail, checking now seems all are on approx the same block, so guess no fork... still strange no coins are getting confirmed... Tongue

azerbaidjan

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

Ah, still it's there.  You can easily tell a miner from a holder.

The miners, seem concerned about dropping reward to 10 and they should be.   Dropping that dramatically, one single aspect, is likely to forever drive miners away.  
The traders, seem excited about dropping reward to 10 and they should be.   Everyone whom held X amount of coins based on current mint rate / would "hypothetically" have 5 times more "weight".

I had posted on the UTC forum;  a hopeful compromise to accomplish nearly the same thing without such a large miner shock.  In the end, it's rather semantics as to which method would be preferred.
 I had suggested:
-Shortening the Time for POS to 6 or 3 months,
-Increasing the time between N targets by 2 at minimum,
-Increasing block time to 45 seconds
-Dropping reward to  25 slowly in 5 coin increments over a few days each.

This could all be done in one single fork and changed in a systematic fashion for subtle adjustment.  If POS, N factor and block time were all changed at once to start (while coding coin drop) there would be no need to fork again later.  As well,  lengthening the N targets and shortening stake reward will help to attract miners / holders;  offsetting some of the "shock" from the change.   In a few days to week, the coin per block could drop at set intervals, allowing the market to adjust.  There are tangible, viable reasons to extend block time slightly which were provided on the forum.   UTC is not currently the fastest, nor would it be over a longer period of time;  this should not be held onto as some "unique" concept to UTC.

I only point this out here, so possibly those who don't see the forum can give their take on this.  Personally I would have a very hard time mining if it was 10 per block.  There is almost no chance I would mine after next N change in less than 2 weeks.  There's a snowball chance in heck, that I (nor most) would mine after December when reward would go to 5.

If both variations of these suggestions were released as a new coin;  I doubt there would be much question which people would mine.

Coin A:
-100 million total coins  
-Fast N targeting scrypt-jane
-POS 20% in 12 months
-10 coin reward
-Halving in 11 months
-30 second blocks

Coin B:
-100 Million total coins
-Slow N targeting scrypt-chacha
-POS 5% in 3 months
-25 coin reward
-Halving in 11 months
-45 second blocks

With the multipool Idea,  I'm completely against it in any forms.  (though I may be the only one)

There are 2 main precepts for "what makes a crypto, crypto".
1.  A decentralized network of peers with no connection or trust to each other.
2.  A system of verifying and validating transactions, safely and securely.

Ancillary to this, is the coin reward.  Satoshi understood and commented that there has to be a reason / incentive for the network to get support and security without any underlying current value.  The coin reward is the way he accomplished this.  The reason block rewards drop when they do;  is because the network was intended be large enough by each drop to warrant continued mining.  When rewards stop, the only way people would still mine;  is if there was large / global adoption and transaction fees (by that time) would nearly equal (or be greater to) the rewards from the last blocks.  If BTC is not used in any great degree nor has any great value by the time coin reward ends;  then BTC would be dead, as 1. and 2. above cannot occur.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48.msg329#msg329
Right.  Otherwise we couldn't have a finite limit of 21 million coins, because there would always need to be some minimum reward for generating.  In a few decades when the reward gets too small, the transaction fee will become the main compensation for nodes.  I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.

The main point here, is that you are essentially bypassing the core aspects of crypto entirely (1 and 2 above) and could never have security.   In fact, the multipool is quite detrimental to a coin;  as if it ever gains any "real" value, it would cost almost nothing to break with such low hash rate.  Also, the mulitpool does not solve our low difficutly / miners currently; nor would it have any affect on it.  Whenever you stop the multipool, then you are stuck back at the same place we are now;  and thus would "solve" nothing.  Well, I guess, most technically you would have helped the security and value of whatever coins you mined instead of UTC.

The only reason BC has gotten away with it, is because there are no more miners and it would be dead otherwise.  However, again this just serves the traders / stake holders and they would be happy to run this as long as there are fools greater to keep it going.  Again though;  there can be NO long term viability for the coin as it does not promote, encourage, or have the core crypto concepts.

These are just thoughts and I'm not saying "it must be this way".

Whatever is chosen,  please, first consider that you are trying to Encourage network size (strength) for long-term growth and viability.  This should be the most important aspect, if we truly want the coin to survive many years to come.

Thanks Protagonus, this is an outstanding post that should really be included in some sort of FAQ as it would avoid to lost touch with reality.
You're really helping a lot here and I'm really grateful you take so much time to help people out. This is invaluable, if not precious.
Take care.

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:28:02 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-25/bitcoin-is-property-not-currency-in-tax-system-irs-says.html

To me, this means that fast transaction times become meaningless. Not good news. (rethinking it, I guess it's still beneficial)
But yeah, I wonder how this will change the whole crypto world. I'm confused.  Undecided

The IRS, faced with a choice of treating Bitcoins like currency or property, chose property.
Purchasing a $2 cup of coffee with Bitcoins bought for $1 would trigger $1 in capital gains for the coffee drinker and $2 of gross income for the coffee shop.
Bitcoin miners will have to report their earnings as taxable income with a value equal to the worth on the day it was mined. If they mine as part of a business, they would have to pay payroll taxes as well.
The ruling takes effect immediately and covers past and future transactions and tax returns. The IRS said in the notice that it may offer relief from penalties to people who engaged in transactions before today and can show “reasonable cause” for underpayments or failure to file.

This comment is funny:  Grin
The answer is simple bitcoin owners. Set the value of a single bitcoin to 1 million dollars. Then exchange your fractions of bitcoins at the same increments as dollars. If something currently costs 9 dollars and 95 cents it would be 0.00000995 of a bitcoin since you are now using all 8 decimal places. Since each bitcoin transaction carries with it a small transaction fee you can now write off all of your purchases at a loss.

xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 12:39:32 PM

That's what the IRS says. FINCEN is calling it money. They really don't know what to make of it yet.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
pieterjanvh

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:40:45 PM

That's what the IRS says. FINCEN is calling it money. They really don't know what to make of it yet.

Indeed... They have no idea at this time Smiley Time will tell...
avanda1121

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:44:14 PM

Is http://rapid-miner.net/1leUz/  up,or??
Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:48:08 PM

Thank you for the kind comments!! 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-25/bitcoin-is-property-not-currency-in-tax-system-irs-says.html

To me, this means that fast transaction times become meaningless. Not good news. (rethinking it, I guess it's still beneficial)
But yeah, I wonder how this will change the whole crypto world. I'm confused.  Undecided

Correct.  Moving forward, this will change the "Focus" of certain aspects with crypto; Transaction time being one.   I had posted comments about this on the UTC forum a short bit ago.

I've always considered BTC (crypto) to be a commodity, so I'm not surprised that it's moving this direction.  It will be interesting to see as things evolve.  I wonder if this is the US beginning posturing to trade BTC in the big leagues.  Recently they've commented on wanting to "lead the world" on how to deal with bitcoins.  

Ultimately, I guess, BTC will be held more than used;  but that's kind of how it is already  Grin

I expect Fincen to change regulations to follow the IRS.
NickPortland

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:59:40 PM

What's the situation on the bounties and promos guys?

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
azerbaidjan

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:04:03 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 03:01:31 PM by azerbaidjan

The IRS, faced with a choice of treating Bitcoins like currency or property, chose property.
Purchasing a $2 cup of coffee with Bitcoins bought for $1 would trigger $1 in capital gains for the coffee drinker and $2 of gross income for the coffee shop.
Bitcoin miners will have to report their earnings as taxable income with a value equal to the worth on the day it was mined. If they mine as part of a business, they would have to pay payroll taxes as well.
The ruling takes effect immediately and covers past and future transactions and tax returns. The IRS said in the notice that it may offer relief from penalties to people who engaged in transactions before today and can show “reasonable cause” for underpayments or failure to file.

This comment is funny:  Grin
The answer is simple bitcoin owners. Set the value of a single bitcoin to 1 million dollars. Then exchange your fractions of bitcoins at the same increments as dollars. If something currently costs 9 dollars and 95 cents it would be 0.00000995 of a bitcoin since you are now using all 8 decimal places. Since each bitcoin transaction carries with it a small transaction fee you can now write off all of your purchases at a loss.

This will accelerate the fiat leak.

Given the lack of confidence and distrust -if not contempt- the US population has for Washington DC & the FED, I would not be surprised that people deal cryptos behind the back of the government and maintain some kind of shady double accounting the like of black market glory because nobody can prove you own a given wallet unless they found it on your devices. Plausible deniability.

So they try to push bitcoin and cryptos to be seen as other stuff than currencies by curbing its use and considering it as a de facto other asset class. Good luck with this. The reall other asset class that is not currency is paper money. What they are doing right now is trying to put back the genius in the bottle before bitcoin floods everything because it's only so much better than whatever we've come to know so far.

They know this is inevitable and they know than soon or late it's going to be fiat which is going to be denominated in cryptos and not the other way round. Why? -Because crypto has limited supply and because they sold all the gold they wouldn't otherwise use to back the USD given the way bretton woods went down in the 60s. It's logical.

This is a last ditch attempt that will be followed by another last ditch which itself will be followed by other last ditches attempts.
The banking cartel is a cornered beast. So dangerous, but so vulnerable. Give it one bank run and they'll be dying despite all the lies they've been feeding us.

They will search and seize wallets next time as they showed us what happened to DPR and other guys. Don't worry it's in the pipe, so split you wallets in multiple smaller wallets, use some mixer to redistribute your wealth in an untraceable form (or write yourself your own mixer, not too complicated but shall be used with a gazillon of other transactions to make people lose track of every single satoshi in there) and store them in different forms in cold wallets, paper wallets, online wallets, etc. Don't put all you eggs in the same basket.

The real last ditch attempt to circumvent bitcoin will be the day they push the internet killswitch.
This time the real cryptos will have to work in the dark, and possible for a very long time.

This is why maybe it is not so stupid to see the future of cryptos as local to a given internet domain/country/region/etc. with possibly everything premined and all client consistently on and in minting mode no matter what.

The AUR coin has this in mind and I believe it will prove useful in the future, but only in iceland.
Other de facto regional coins like SPA, electronic Deutsche Mark, Netherlands Gulden, etc. will not be a stupid concept once shit hits the fan.

And yes, until then bitcoin will be seen mainly as a kind of savings account/SDR to some extent. This is the ideal SDR mechanism IMF could have come up with if they weren't so greedy in the first place.

PS: what surprises me is that given the advance warnings the FED has not come up with their crypto currency, call it the bidollar or whatever to try to use their influence to seize this new market all at once. No, rather than this they entrench themselves and lose ground to bitcoiners all around the world. Never saw such myopic generals in a war. Because this is a war, and they already lost.

NickPortland

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:08:16 PM

The IRS can kiss my fat lips. And I got herpes.

Anyway, there's no way they can enforce the ruling unless they start to massively hunt down cryptopeople using the NSA or something.

It's like the war on digital piracy.

*donations here*
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

something wrong with nitro2 i think?
no payout for long time, huge amount of unconfirmed coins.. fork? or just slow backend?

edit: seems like quite a few pools are forked... cant look at blockstats from nitro1 tho (as i cant reg there)... no idea what the right current block # is... what i do know is that this sucks =[ but yea i guess that's what happens when no one gives a shit about pool distribution >.<

There is no fork stop it  Grin all the blocks on Nitro2 will confirm later with no loss what so ever to miners, this happens when a cron stops and requires manual intervention to get it restarted.

Becel

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:25:04 PM

Are We Really a Community? Do We all have the same goal ? Do You Want to see Ultracoin on BTC-E as much as i do ? If So, Please Go To Twitter and Retweet this  https://twitter.com/MikeRodrisil/status/448825515496198145

Thank You for You Support. Together we are Strong  Cool
azerbaidjan

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:54:11 PM

The IRS can kiss my fat lips. And I got herpes.

Anyway, there's no way they can enforce the ruling unless they start to massively hunt down cryptopeople using the NSA or something.

It's like the war on digital piracy.

And the day they will attempt to they will only catch the less clever and richest rat of all, then everybody will switch to new strategies like mixers/fog providers.

This is why a good coin for the future should include the possibility to make anonymous (untraceable) payments in the blockchain (on demand, not systematic). Said transaction would then be mixed with all other anonymous transactions at a given time and nothing would be understandable anylonger.

Interestingly this would have dynamic/on the fly wallets generation and removal after the fact. So at a given time the wallet would run many subwallets common to all anonymous transactions. Let's say each wallet would generate a number of addresses, then when tx is emitted there would be a request for available wallets (if not that much available then payment would be stalled for a while until conditions are met) and everything would be mixed together in a huge group of micro transactions that would end up where it should without losses but the tx costs, making an anonymous tx more expensive and slower than a normal one, thus justifying normal transactions.

The ideal way would be to have each party exchange the exact same micro amount (under network surveillance/escrow mode where each wallet would be in a synchronized impossible to cancel operation and prove it has the funds) from their main wallet to other persons' secondary wallets (a lot of micro payments meant to empty the main wallet through communicating vessels) And then each secondary wallet would exchange contents with other wallets a number of times, then retransfer the amount to the real destination wallet. Would be such a spaghetti mess by doing it a couple of 1000s of time that I bet IRS would go nuts, especially if something random in the process would make it harder to interpret, like timing or amounts for instance.

This plus ultra fast transactions will be a good protection layer.
Maybe the future is fast and anonymous on demand.

Maybe opening a coin mixer/fog service is a good business plan... Gotta think about it.

heajin5921

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:59:26 PM

Well I just found my first block solo mining. I guess patience is a virtue. Good luck to everyone on here, and to UTC's future.

I hope I can find
Insist.

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. <BFLFB8V7h3yhDs5irELoFo4tDB7ZC3MrQN>
heajin5921

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:04:23 PM

I believe the PoS part of this coin is a joke, you have to leave the coins in your wallet for 1 year to get pay?, maybe developers should change that to 1 week or 1 day, that will make the coin more interesting  Wink

Very much agree with your idea
Time may be a bit too long

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. <BFLFB8V7h3yhDs5irELoFo4tDB7ZC3MrQN>
NickPortland

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:08:04 PM

I believe the PoS part of this coin is a joke, you have to leave the coins in your wallet for 1 year to get pay?, maybe developers should change that to 1 week or 1 day, that will make the coin more interesting  Wink

Yes, the PoS issue has surfaced time and time again already.

Personally I would consider a good time would be 1 to 3 months possibly.

*donations here*
playspel

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:26:35 PM

https://www.mintpal.com/

down ? or hacked ?
dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:28:41 PM

Yes, the PoS issue has surfaced time and time again already.

Personally I would consider a good time would be 1 to 3 months possibly.

I agree, or do away with it entirely. I still would like to know where the POS coins come from - transaction fees? (excuse my cluelessness about this - I just can't picture the whole process well enough to understand it).
Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: