Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 [1505] 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:33:14 AM

The question is how do I get my Mac wallet to find a block source?

is there any nodes that i can add?My wallet stuck

guys, try this one
http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#I_have_sync_issues_with_my_wallet._What_can_I_do.3F

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:34:10 AM

That part:

If the pool doesn't pay the correct amount to the correct node, we'll know and we'll shame them. We'll get miners to move to honest pools.

...won't work. We couldn't even get the miners of coinmine to switch when they were >51% because they were getting consistency and low variance (compared to the official which was DOS'ed).

The days of 2-3 pools also seem to be over: http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html

The pie chart is revealing.

Just use hard fork and another system of election/payment that doesn't affect network stability. "Honest pools" won't work. Guaranteed.

I think it's a good start. Doing masternode payments via soft fork will allow them to get paid like promised, we can at least get the larger pools to pay the fees. Later on, we can hard for and enforce them.

Sorry to bring this back up, but even in the short term I fear the chaos this will cause.

If you look at the thread since DRK started to rise last month, there have been trolls galore (some of who have admitted to being paid), some poor guy got his masternode hacked and his coins stolen (bad job of hardening, I know), as well as many other instances of hate directed towards DRK.  There are A LOT of people who want you to fail... for DRK to fail -- and I really think that this method of paying masternodes makes their job easier.  

I trust that the current major pools will cooperate, but what I worry about is a newly created malicious pool cheating (which you admitted was possible) and modifying the wallet software so that the block reward received from the network (say 5 coins) is not split 4/1, but lets say, is split 1 DRK for themselves and 4 for the miners. Or, as another example, they pay all 5 coins to the miners (and advertise that their pool has bigger payouts causing them to gain even more miners). Shaming them won't help.  In fact it might make things worse as it will bring attention to a pool where miners get bigger payouts.  It has been proven time and again that miners care much more about the profit than the coin (51%+ hashrate on coinmine in the early days, etc.)

Right. Shaming them might actually achieve the reverse effect and make the pool bigger.

If it's only hurting others indirectly, aka the MN users, then as a miner, I would go where the largest block reward is.

I just think that there will be a lot of chaos that will hurt DRK.  If DRK is going to say publicly that masternodes get 20% of the reward then they need to get that 20% every block or people will be very quick to call the coin a scam.

The beauty of all cryptocurrency is the aspect of trustlessness, but by using this method the masternode owner needs to trust that the node which found the block is using unmodified software so that they get their reward.  Even if it is for a short time, I just don't think going down a path requiring trust is good for the coin or investor loyalty.  If possible, I ask that you consider other options or just go back to the hardfork plan after very extensive testing of the new code on testnet.  

bolding in the quotes done by me
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:40:11 AM

That part:

If the pool doesn't pay the correct amount to the correct node, we'll know and we'll shame them. We'll get miners to move to honest pools.

...won't work. We couldn't even get the miners of coinmine to switch when they were >51% because they were getting consistency and low variance (compared to the official which was DOS'ed).

The days of 2-3 pools also seem to be over: http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html

Just use hard fork and another system of election/payment that doesn't affect network stability. "Honest pools" won't work. Guaranteed.

I think it's a good start. Doing masternode payments via soft fork will allow them to get paid like promised, we can at least get the larger pools to pay the fees. Later on, we can hard for and enforce them.

Sorry to bring this back up, but even in the short term I fear the chaos this will cause.

If you look at the thread since DRK started to rise last month, there have been trolls galore (some of who have admitted to being paid), some poor guy got his masternode hacked and his coins stolen (bad job of hardening, I know), as well as many other instances of hate directed towards DRK.  There are A LOT of people who want you to fail... for DRK to fail -- and I really think that this method of paying masternodes makes their job easier.  

I trust that the current major pools will cooperate, but what I worry about is a newly created malicious pool cheating (which you admitted was possible) and modifying the wallet software so that the block reward received from the network (say 5 coins) is not split 4/1, but lets say, is split 1 DRK for themselves and 4 for the miners. Or, as another example, they pay all 5 coins to the miners (and advertise that their pool has bigger payouts causing them to gain even more miners). Shaming them won't help.  In fact it might make things worse as it will bring attention to a pool where miners get bigger payouts.  It has been proven time and again that miners care much more about the profit than the coin (51%+ hashrate on coinmine in the early days, etc.)

Right. Shaming them might actually achieve the reverse effect and make the pool bigger.

If it's only hurting others indirectly, aka the MN users, then as a miner, I would go where the largest block reward is.

I just think that there will be a lot of chaos that will hurt DRK.  If DRK is going to say publicly that masternodes get 20% of the reward then they need to get that 20% every block or people will be very quick to call the coin a scam.

The beauty of all cryptocurrency is the aspect of trustlessness, but by using this method the masternode owner needs to trust that the node which found the block is using unmodified software so that they get their reward.  Even if it is for a short time, I just don't think going down a path requiring trust is good for the coin or investor loyalty.  If possible, I ask that you consider other options or just go back to the hardfork plan after very extensive testing of the new code on testnet.  

You observations are correct. However the plan as I understood by reading Evans posts is to soft fork the payments of the masternodes and later on, well prepared, hard fork it in. In this case it is a short term and long term win. Short term the masternodes get what they deserve (with no pools cheating that is), later on it is guaranteed for all because it is then hard forked in.

-edit I forgot to mention that the good thing is darksend works. So we really have the first anonymous coin. That fact alone will skyrocket the price of DRK. which is good for those that have coin stashed in Masternodes and those that hold.

JGCMiner

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:48:00 AM

That part:

You observations are correct. However the plan as I understood by reading Evans posts is to soft fork the payments of the masternodes and later on, well prepared, hard fork it in. In this case it is a short term and long term win. Short term the masternodes get what they deserve (with no pools cheating that is), later on it is guaranteed for all because it is then hard forked in.

Maybe all the FUD, attacks, etc. in the last month have left me skittish -- but I wonder even in the short term what might happen to the coin if there is an organized effort to hurt DRK based around pools cheating.   If Evan does go through with this then I hope I am just worrying over nothing.  
Freckleg

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:49:47 AM

Maybe all the to FUD, attacks, etc. in the last month have left me skittish -- but I wonder even in the short term what might happen to the coin if there is an organized effort to hurt DRK based around pools cheating.  
[/quote]

thats also why the additional edit is important ;-)

-edit I forgot to mention that the good thing is darksend works. So we really have the first anonymous coin. That fact alone will skyrocket the price of DRK. which is good for those that have coin stashed in Masternodes and those that hold.
caspar

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:58:38 AM

This coin is too unstable. All the participants were very upset. Development should be to do something. Of course, if you like, please help!
lohveh

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:02:37 PM

This coin is too unstable. All the participants were very upset. Development should be to do something. Of course, if you like, please help!

What Huh?

1/ If it's unstable, what about all other coins ?

2/ I'm not upset

3/ Evan is here everyday, with his team ... what about other coins where dev don't show his face for 2months ?
ezimedia

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:03:55 PM

So we still on to set up a donation addres for Evan to fund a great Dev team?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-payments-and-beyond.921/
I've concluded that XosX (http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?188207.htm) is Evan...so I think he's doing alright.
Any guesses for #2?
Max Keiser
Although I believe him to be number 1
What's the net worth of Keiser in terms of BTC?
No idea to be honest. He was buying them since they were less than $5 though.

Thank you stupid/weak people. You made me homeless with your votes, you made me rich with your stupidity/weakness.

Pshaw, I used all the BTC that I paid less than $1 for to go all in on DRK back in March. I turned a pocket-change investment while I was homeless into more money than I know what to do with.

Thank you stupid/weak people. You made me homeless with your votes, you made me rich with your stupidity/weakness.
[/quote]

how do homeless people have Internet... or even the gear to buy coins...

well what do I know... glad you got out of being homeless... all the power to you

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
JGCMiner

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:06:25 PM

Who are these "participatants"?  Stop spreading FUD. Price has been very resilient considering the technical issues over the last couple days.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:07:18 PM

next to ignore troll list Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:08:00 PM

It's a pretty organised effort by other coin supporters and traders. No sense of reality.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:10:25 PM

More of the trolls trying to manipulate the price

richy

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:11:24 PM

So we still on to set up a donation addres for Evan to fund a great Dev team?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-payments-and-beyond.921/
I've concluded that XosX (http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?188207.htm) is Evan...so I think he's doing alright.
Any guesses for #2?
Max Keiser
Although I believe him to be number 1
What's the net worth of Keiser in terms of BTC?
No idea to be honest. He was buying them since they were less than $5 though.

Pshaw, I used all the BTC that I paid less than $1 for to go all in on DRK back in March. I turned a pocket-change investment while I was homeless into more money than I know what to do with.

how do homeless people have Internet... or even the gear to buy coins...

well what do I know... glad you got out of being homeless... all the power to you
[/quote]

i love him ... he is my LION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:12:51 PM

The price went down enought ! Bought a bunch ! No need to troll you anymore .
Freckleg

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:15:15 PM

Ah well none of the top wallets are responding to this, let the Trolls have their fun. Dark is the new number two. Then again no one grows without some growingpains, and never ever in one straight line to the top. Just be patient and support the dev team. Those with vision prevail, and the vision is Dark.
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:15:48 PM

LOL, we have found out why the Trolls have been trolling, to buy in early!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:17:15 PM

After all the announcements, all the garbage, all the rows, all the "fun" it looks to "me" like this is bottoming out round here... Consistent support and a much better mood on the board.. I think I may throw another 0.2 BTC into the DRK fire Cheesy

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
caspar

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:17:55 PM

Who are these "participatants"?  Stop spreading FUD. Price has been very resilient considering the technical issues over the last couple days.
Sorry, may be the expression of wrong.
Thank you for your reply.
I really like this coin. Grin
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:18:38 PM

Ah well none of the top wallets are responding to this, let the Trolls have their fun. Dark is the new number two. Then again no one grows without some growingpains, and never ever in one straight line to the top. Just be patient and support the dev team. Those with vision prevail, and the vision is Dark.

LOL, we have found out why the Trolls have been trolling, to buy in early!

Guy there are actual rewards for trolls !
I used to troll DRK. Now all of my btc are in DRK .
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:19:53 PM

Anybody else raise a bit of an eyebrow at the "no forks" part of Evan's post?  If that can be done, then why did we try to hard fork in the first place? Was the original method really thought through and the best option to pay masternodes selected? Or is there some compromise in implementing forkless payments that is now being ignored becuase of the chaos over the last few days? And then there is the obvious increasing of the masternode incentive (20%, multiple tickets) which I guess is fine... but is also a convenient price lifeboat.

My wallet has remained closed during this mishap and I have no plans to dump any part of my modest stash, but I have a lot of questions right now. Anybody that has any insight (Evan himself is best, but that is hoping for too much) that could answer some of these questions would be appreciated.

Or maybe I am being too skeptical and nobody else sees anything odd here...

There were originally two strategies for masternode payments. One requires a hardfork and one doesn't. I originally decided to do the one that does, because you can't cheat as a pool operator. But, that comes with a price. The code must reject cheating blocks and that's what caused the forking issue.

The other way is to setup the client to pay nodes in a provably fair way. If the pool doesn't pay the correct amount to the correct node, we'll know and we'll shame them. We'll get miners to move to honest pools.

Like others have suggested, all of the groundwork has been laid. I have implemented the masternodes, the election system for payments and it's compatible with this soft fork.

So why 20% fees for masternode payments? This essentially will create twice as many nodes and create a much higher cost to spy on the network. It also creates a larger feedback loop for the price (because as darkcoin is taken out of the supply, it drives the price up), which is good for all of the investors and security of DarkSend. Miners will get less coin, but it's been proven time and time again that when you decrease the coins generated the price will just go up to meet the cost of mining.

My goal with Darkcoin has always been to take the #2 spot from Litecoin. I believe we have the best chance we've ever had now and these changes will actually help realize that goal.

As for my communication? Lately I've just had my nose to the grindstone, coding all of the time. I intend to be much more involved with the community in the future. This will include getting a team of software developers and managing the vision of the project. I think my time might be better spent in the future doing interviews, speaking at conferences and being Darkcoin's figurehead.
Pages: « 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 [1505] 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: