Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:32:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 [2463] 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:15:39 AM

This hasn't been mentioned before... but DRK is #3 of all mineable cryptos.

That's the first time I've seen the DRK price pegged to the price of BTC...

It always, without fail, used to do it's own thing...

That's a really interesting change...  It shows we will have different types of holders as the coin grows in market cap...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:16:32 AM

I think I have a problem (a mental one).  I set up my first MN yesterday with the help of Ghostplayer/Yidakee and I think I have spent at least eight hours since staring at my wallet balance waiting for my first payment.

I know that it might be days until I get my first piece of the action and I didn't set up this MN with the main priority to make loads of coins but to be part of the network feels so freaking cool!  Come on voting mechanism!  Give me a fraction of a DRK and make me a very happy man!

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

He said he did not want to put the donations at risk on a masternode. someone needs to tell him that masternodes now have the cold storage feature.

OMG! Someone really should reach out to him. He's a reddit and twitter guy right? 2 things I'm not heavy on.

I think he really should know about the elegance of local.cold/remote setup!!

Actually it is possible to do a cold storage masternode with one computer only with no VM and without doing a remote setup and behind just one static IP.
All you need to do is exchange the wallet (and the config) once your hot masternode that you are going to make cold was started once.

Evan is a good coin developer and everything. But I wish he would improve in explaining elementary mechanics everyone needs for setups. Just remember that address "0" creation. Why? No one knew and later it turned out it's just his idea of an address and that you can use any. So much is still a bit unclear in this process.

--

About how risiky it is to run a masternode:

I was one of the first running a masternode started when it was first possible and I run it on windows (something else that was never really explained that this works).

It run for 3 month stright with a HOT Wallet! So I put my coins at a very high risk.

Despite all the commentary mostly from those that like linux: No one managed to steel my coins. And no one ddosed my Net to the ground.

Might be I was lucky or might be I did it the right way.

Of course I do NOT recomment doing such!!! It was a risk I took and willing to take.

I just want to show you that it's not as a hot risk as it sometimes is put here. Of course I had some knowledge and did the very basics to protect my computer. And thats of course the minimum precondition for doing something like this.

---

My coins are on a cold storage since half a month or month. So there is not much risk left now.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:24:10 AM

It run for 3 month stright with a HOT Wallet! So I put my coins at a very high risk.

Despite all the commentary mostly from those that like linux: No one managed to steel my coins. And no one ddosed my Net to the ground.

Possibly because no one ever tried !
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:32:08 AM

Therer were about how many 30 mn at start?

But not knowing and putting the nose of those hackes on it was part of the protection Smiley
jersey19957

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:43:06 AM

Will Monero reach DRK?
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:50:44 AM

https://darkbids.com/shop/art/8-crystal-ball-no-stand/
jersey19957

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:55:32 AM

Thank you cristal ball, now I know what to do with my money,
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

El Presidente - like Santa Claus, but delivers more often.

Thanks El Presidente,

That just rocks.

I thought you were a bit quiet recently, but now we know. You were busy putting DRK on the map  Grin

don't forget the new map showing the decentralization taking place - Live and in action
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:11:13 AM

Bitcoin Talk restricts mining pool posts : http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/

“Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads. Mining pool OPs should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OPs already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.”

The community response was mixed, ranging from enthusiasm for the ban to confusion and concern that new altcoins – and the pools that service them will be at a disadvantage. Pool operators themselves decried the move, saying that those unfamiliar with navigating Bitcoin Talk will have a hard time finding information on which pools service certain altcoins.

It should be noted that thread posters are not restricted from listing mining pools as options for users. Instead, the prohibition – which began on 31st July – focuses on pool owners who stand accused of spamming messages in a variety of threads.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

This is a point in time where:

* Investors and active supporters are holding
* Potential investors are sitting on the sideline waiting for code release
* Traders are sitting waiting for announcement of RC4 date
* Sellers have sold
* Price pressure is mainly from multi-pools

So, IMO, this is a moment in history where you can't complain about the entry point for Master Nodes.

One to two months ago people were saying Master Nodes were too expensive. Well, there is right this moment a temporary fix for that complaint. When people start saying that again in 2-3 weeks time, I will re-post this:

In the third week in July 2014, right before the unique DRK anon code was released to the world and DRKs were affordable, you should have bought in.  Instead, you decided to wait a little longer. That was your choice. You didn't want to take the risk on the uncertainty. Plenty of others were.

So now, stop fucking complaining about the high price of Darkcoins. There is no advantage to early investors, they were just prepared to use Google for a few hours to take a look at the anon options in the market and the issues around privacy and the lack of it in Bitcoin, Litecoin and many other coins.

These guys looked at the close relationship Darkcoin has with Bitcoin and Litecoin, and how these established coins could be at a disadvantage in some circumstances from their lack of privacy and how easily Darkcoin could be added alongside them to fix privacy issues for those that wanted that reassurance.

Yes there are other anon options, but which can be slotted next to Bitcoin and Litecoin without too much work, that is the question you must ask yourself as the price continues to steadily increase.

What is more than certain is that the high price you are complaining about now will simply continue to increase. If it hurts you to buy now, it will be completely out of your reach next month.

The only person you can blame for the high price of Darkcoin and your inability to afford a MN is you.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:14:00 AM

The cryptonote anon is good but usability is clunky and they have a huge task ahead of them as different different systems will have to be built to accommodate wide spread adoption. They are also working on block chain bloat issues. Being based on bitcoin dark can just plug in to existing systems.

So my full answer is maybe one day, but who knows, consult the crystal ball.

Smiley

But best to ask in the monero thread as we tend to be a bit biased here Smiley  
Phillis

Activity: 404

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:14:47 AM

* Sellers have sold

So, IMO, this is a moment in history where you can't complain about the entry point for Master Nodes.

One to two months ago people were saying Master Nodes were too expensive. Well, there is right this moment a temporary fix for that complaint. When people start saying that again in 2-3 weeks time, I will re-post this:

In the third week in July 2014, right before the unique DRK anon code was released to the world and DRKs were affordable, you should have bought in.  Instead, you decided to wait a little longer. That was your choice. You didn't want to take the risk on the uncertainty. Plenty of others were.

So now, stop fucking complaining about the high price of Darkcoins. There is no advantage to early investors, they were just prepared to use Google for a few hours to take a look at the anon options in the market and the issues around privacy and the lack of it in Bitcoin, Litecoin and many other coins.

These guys looked at the close relationship Darkcoin has with Bitcoin and Litecoin, and how these established coins could be at a disadvantage in some circumstances from their lack of privacy and how easily Darkcoin could be added alongside them to fix privacy issues for those that wanted that reassurance.

Yes there are other anon options, but which can be slotted next to Bitcoin and Litecoin without too much work, that is the question you must ask yourself as the price continues to steadily increase.

What is more than certain is that the high price you are complaining about now will simply continue to increase. If it hurts you to buy now, it will be completely out of your reach next month.

The only person you can blame for the high price of Darkcoin and your inability to afford a MN is you.

well said. Barring any issues with the implementation of RC4, i believe we will see an extremely fast historic rise.
jersey19957

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:17:17 AM

The cryptonote anon is good but usability is clunky and they have a huge task ahead of them as different different systems will have to be built to accommodate wide spread adoption. They are also working on block chain bloat issues. Being based on bitcoin dark can just plug in to existing systems.

Smiley

But what about the tor privacy break thing? apparently it got broken.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:21:32 AM

Smiley

But what about the tor privacy break thing? apparently it got broken.

Darkcoin is nothing to do with Tor.

Tor is an NSA funded honeypot, last year they supplied >60% of the Tor Project funding. This is openly and publically verifiable. Common sense suggests that they also run most of the Tor exit nodes. Tor is also slow, unreliable, and a pain in the arse to use.

Darkcoin/DS+/DarkTransit will be much faster, much easier to use, and not owned by the spooks.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:33:59 AM

This is the eve of crypto battle.  

RC4 is almost upon us and we prepare to liberate the world, not to conquer.

We will not fly our flags in each country. We are entering the world stage to free the people and the only flag which will be flown in all their lands is their own.

Show respect for them.

There are some who are hodlers at this moment who will sell shortly.

Those who do not wish to go on this journey, we will not send.

As for the others, I expect you to rock the world.

Take the Number 2 position and be proud of your place.

Litecoin veered from privacy and exposed their people to dangers.  

Wipe out Litecoin if that is what they choose.

You will see things that no man has seen before -

But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

Bitcoin is steeped in history. It is the site of the Crypto Garden of Eden and the birthplace of Satoshi.

Tread lightly there.

In battle remember this - you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the ordinary Litecoin miners.

You will be embarrassed by their hospitality even though they have nothing.

Don't treat them as refugees for they are in their own little world and corralled by their moderators.

Their children will be poor, in years to come they will know that the true light of liberation in their lives was brought by you.

You are the lite in their remaining hours of DRKness.

If there are casualties of crypto war then remember that when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to lose everything on the day of RC4.

Allow them dignity in financial death.

Bury them properly and mark their graves.

It is our foremost intention to bring every single one of you out rich.

But there may be people among us who will not see the end of this campaign. We will mark their contributions, but

There will be no time for sorrow.

The Litecoin should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.

There are many regional Darkcoiners who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Charlie Lee.

He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done to miners. Miners that have endured high bills, low wages and now face ruin for favor of the ASICs.

As they lose everything they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity.

It is a big step to take another Coins life. It is not to be done lightly.

I know of men who have trolled needlessly in other threads. I can assure you they live with the mark of Cain upon them.

If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right. Show them some help with setting up Master Nodes, and bat files. Ensure that one day they go home to their family rich.

The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the DarkCoin or its history by over-enthusiasm in trolling, know it is your family who will suffer. You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest - for your deeds will follow you down through history. As their transactions will forever echo through eternity.

We will bring shame on neither our Coin or our Devs.

It is not a question of if, it's a question of when.

If we survive the first RC4 strike we will survive the attack. We will win the battle and be on our way to winning the fiat war.

As for ourselves, let's bring everyone home rich and leave Crypto a better place for us having been there.

Our business now is North; to the moon.

some edits
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:55:57 AM

I always thought having a long password on the wallet was a fairly good security measure.  Heard it's not really crackable past the 15-20 character mark...

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:05:01 PM

Sorry but I'm in the same boat as Ghostplayer now, I only come here for my internet fix, so I'm gonna go a bit OT...

Had a fan go south on one of my GPU's, best I could come up with on short notice... Grin

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:09:08 PM

Smiley

If Darkcoin gets to scoop up the whole market before CN coins get to Bitcoin based coins' level regarding adoptability and usability it might be too late for them, guess we'll see. And there's no reason Darkcoin couldn't improve even more during this time. And then again, there might be room for multiple privacy oriented solutions.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

* Sellers have sold

Book marked to quote when the whiners come in here screaming how expensive a masternode has become post RC4 - well you had your chance, but you most probably decided to go follow stupid pump trains instead of focusing on quality. Dont say we didnt warn you!
Pages: « 1 ... 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 [2463] 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: