Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:27:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 [2467] 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

Never said everybody should sign-up with one Company.
But your words imply that this would some how centralize the process, which is not true.
A single MN on a single server would very much so be centralized.
There are MN's all over the world.
I just dont like that one company hosts 43,6% of the network.
Thats all im saying. Diversification is a good thing in my mind.

http://www.exoticvps.com/
You shouldn't worry about Amazon actually. Besides they are hosted in different parts of the world.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

But your words imply that this would some how centralize the process, which is not true.

I appreciate the info and I understand what your saying.

Actually, if I was going to move it would be due to a proven threat to the network (NSA/GOV, reasoning from Evan that states it was a bad thing, etc etc)

I was thinking about here:

Flokinet - anonymous and stable web services: http://www.flokinet.is/

lol - If I'm gonna have to pay to run a MN, I'm paying for out of sight and untouchable (if there is such a thing ;-) lol

Thats my VPS provider  Grin
And they take DRK

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
Icebucket

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:55:02 PM

I appreciate the info and I understand what your saying.

Actually, if I was going to move it would be due to a proven threat to the network (NSA/GOV, reasoning from Evan that states it was a bad thing, etc etc)

I was thinking about here:

Flokinet - anonymous and stable web services: http://www.flokinet.is/

lol - If I'm gonna have to pay to run a MN, I'm paying for out of sight and untouchable (if there is such a thing ;-) lol

Thats my VPS provider  Grin
And they take DRK

I heard they did.
How much for 1-2 MN's would you say?

9 euros per node per month, It might get cheaper because they run out of the smallest VPS, but I think they are working on that
Edit: also hosting in Iceland with them is a little more expensive, they have other cheaper options.

― Gautama Buddha
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 11:59:45 PM

9 euros per node per month, It might get cheaper because they run out of the smallest VPS, but I think they are working on that

I would recommend to take a look at https://www.digitalocean.com/

$5 per node per month ($6 with autobackups)

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:06:00 AM

I would also recommend digital ocean for your darknodes since you can try out the service and get some credits towards your cloud server
Basically you get a free trial of their service can service the darknode and see if it works for you for free more or less as you give it a shot
ALLSSD10 or DODEPLOY get 10 bucks for SSD cloud servers
 https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=af98e6b83c98

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:14:33 AM

Since I moved my nodes to Digital Ocean London Server I'm seeing regular payments from my masternodes...  It's probably just luck but I'm not complaining...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:14:08 AM

But let me ask you folks a question(s):

@Ignition75 - When you moved your MN did you change the MN addy that get's paid? I understand that the voting system is about to change but I'm not sure how, or even how it really works right now but it doesn't seem very random. I guess server location ande highest priority?). Knowing my luck I picked the most fucked up server there is out there.

Yes I dropped a new wallet in.  I found the network mapped a wallet address to an IP address.  After moving the instance without dropping in a new wallet, it was showing my node online but it still had the old IP address.

I'm not sure if it was just a matter of time for the network to update, however I didn't hang about to find out.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:06:31 AM

@Ignition75 - When you moved your MN did you change the MN addy that get's paid? I understand that the voting system is about to change but I'm not sure how, or even how it really works right now but it doesn't seem very random. I guess server location ande highest priority?). Knowing my luck I picked the most fucked up server there is out there.

Yes I dropped a new wallet in.  I found the network mapped a wallet address to an IP address.  After moving the instance without dropping in a new wallet, it was showing my node online but it still had the old IP address.

I'm not sure if it was just a matter of time for the network to update, however I didn't hang about to find out.

Yup, that could cause the network to think its misbehaving.

But rule of thumb, 1k address is linked to MN privkey which is linked to server IP. So if you change one, change all.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:18:25 AM

Yes I dropped a new wallet in.  I found the network mapped a wallet address to an IP address.  After moving the instance without dropping in a new wallet, it was showing my node online but it still had the old IP address.

Yup, that could cause the network to think its misbehaving.

But rule of thumb, 1k address is linked to MN privkey which is linked to server IP. So if you change one, change all.
The above is probably best practice. However, being the sometimes lazy bastard, during RC2, I just changed the MN private key and voila everything was good again. In fact, I recalled getting paid virtually immediately. But of course now there are over 800+ MNs.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Icebucket

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:40:50 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 02:51:19 AM by Icebucket

Why are people thinking that there is a cheaper alternative when the node pays for itself in a day or two or three, that leaves the rest of the month with pure profit.
I cant believe that people are that cheap.
This is a revolutionary thing we are all participating in.. really? And you want to save a few dollars.
Man ... :facepalm:

― Gautama Buddha
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 03:12:22 AM

Why are people thinking that there is a cheaper alternative when the node pays for itself in a day or two or three, that leaves the rest of the month with pure profit.
I cant believe that people are that cheap.
This is a revolutionary thing we are all participating in.. really? And you want to save a few dollars.
Man ... :facepalm:
It's lack of inertia. When one VPS gets compromised then people will move. Until then, people will tend to go for the cheapest option. Humans are not fully logical beings.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:12:41 AM

Hi again! Smiley Glad to see all is still well. The fundamentals are still awesome, the RC4 testing is going well, and it's good to see the thread keeping the faith during the temporary ADD-fuelled price dip.

Having said that... after reading the last 100 pages it is my honour and privilege to present you with the 2014 World Championship Troll-Feeding trophy. Tongue Wink

TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:15:54 AM

…and a suggestion. What would you think of us adopting a thread etiquette whereby if you really can’t resist responding to trolls, you paint your post. Paint the entire post green (for responses to trolls) or brown (for responses to shitcoin pumpers). That way, readers can scroll straight past the crap without having to ignore generally good people who generally write good posts but couldn’t resist swallowing bait if it had a “Nuclear Waste” sign on it and was crawling with furious Tasmanian arachnowasps.

Thoughts?

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:31:40 AM

…and a suggestion. What would you think of us adopting a thread etiquette whereby if you really can’t resist responding to trolls, you paint your post. Paint the entire post green (for responses to trolls) or brown (for responses to shitcoin pumpers). That way, readers can scroll straight past the crap without having to ignore generally good people who generally write good posts but couldn’t resist swallowing bait if it had a “Nuclear Waste” sign on it and was crawling with furious Tasmanian arachnowasps.

Thoughts?
This could be an idea, but the better solution is just clicking IGNORE button, you don`t even need to scroll much Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 03:36:24 AM

Thoughts?
ahhhh man.  troll deserve some love too!   lol.  i say what doesnt kill me makes me stronger.  but on a serious note... i can see the value in what your proposing.  thanks for the idea something worth discussing.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:18:19 AM

Thoughts?
This could be an idea, but the better solution is just clicking IGNORE button, you don`t even need to scroll much Wink

I think it's a great idea but you will see the same resistance to ignore from the 2-3 that helped get the Troll-feed championship.

TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:57:17 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 06:18:38 AM by TsuyokuNaritai

Shitcoin Tycoon: A Text Misadventure.

You are at January 2014. Darkcoin is launching.
You can mine it right now just like everyone else.

What do you want to do now?

> IGNORE DARKCOIN
Time passes...
The Darkcoin gold rush has arrived.
You hear tales of great riches, adventure and invention in the world of anonymous coins.
A million shitcoins have arrived.

> INVENT
You don’t know how to do that.

> INVENTORY
You have 2 faces.
You have 10 sock puppets.
You have no conscience.

> LOOK
You are beneath Evan’s feet. Evan’s shoes are here.
DarkSend is way over your head.

> FILL SHOES
You can’t fill Evan’s shoes.

> STEAL DARKSEND
You can’t do that, yet.

> ENTER BITCOINTALK
It is dark here. You are in a world of spam.
You are surrounded by stupidity, broken promises & tears.
Some dumb trolls are here.
Some copypaste donkeys are here, eating paper and shitting shitcoins.

> BUY DONKEY
You feed $50 to a copypaste donkey.
The ass makes you a shitcoin.

> GET PAPER FROM DONKEY
You pull a white paper out of your ass.

> BUY TROLLS
You pay 0.1 shitcoins for 1000 trolls.

> SAY ANONYMOUS
You get some attention.

> USE MEANINGLESS BUZZWORDS
You get more attention.

> USE SOCKPUPPETS
You pump shit with your socks.
You attract a crowd.

> USE TROLLS
Everyone feeds your trolls, drawing attention to your shitcoin.
Your shitcoin is now in a bubble.

> TAKE DUMP
You are now rich in bitcoin.
Your shitcoin is now worth shit.
The shattered dreams of your faithful believers are here.

> GET BITCOINS FROM CRYPTSY
Some hackers are here, with your bitcoins.

> TAKE LIFE
You don’t have a life.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:00:11 AM

Wow, I went to cryptsy to see the chart, and accidentally clicked on DRKC "darkcash" went to check it out and found it was launched only a week ago and cryptsy already has it up?  I think there once was a time when the exchanges at least made a pretense of being selective with the coins they carried, LOL.

Oh, and going back to the conversation earlier on where the masternodes are being serviced, I think that once masternodes are put to real use, we're gonna need a lot more robust vps than those amazon tinies.  When that happens, a lot of us will move to other companies.

Thank you Mangled Blue and Icebucket, for turning us on to flokinet, that place will be on the top of my list.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:10:55 AM

What is RC4?

I remember RC cola, kind of like coca cola

Oh wow, that's really funny!  I just wrote about you and yours ^^^^

It's so easy to find out all about RC4, start with the first post find your way to our forums and I'm sure you can discover every answer to every question you have love Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 07:28:10 AM

Shitcoin Tycoon: A Text Misadventure.

You are at January 2014. Darkcoin is launching.
You can mine it right now just like everyone else.

What do you want to do now?

> IGNORE DARKCOIN
Time passes...
The Darkcoin gold rush has arrived.
You hear tales of great riches, adventure and invention in the world of anonymous coins.
A million shitcoins have arrived.

> INVENT
You don’t know how to do that.

> INVENTORY
You have 2 faces.
You have 10 sock puppets.
You have no conscience.

> LOOK
You are beneath Evan’s feet. Evan’s shoes are here.
DarkSend is way over your head.

> FILL SHOES
You can’t fill Evan’s shoes.

> STEAL DARKSEND
You can’t do that, yet.

> ENTER BITCOINTALK
It is dark here. You are in a world of spam.
You are surrounded by stupidity, broken promises & tears.
Some dumb trolls are here.
Some copypaste donkeys are here, eating paper and shitting shitcoins.

> BUY DONKEY
You feed $50 to a copypaste donkey.
The ass makes you a shitcoin.

> GET PAPER FROM DONKEY
You pull a white paper out of your ass.

> BUY TROLLS
You pay 0.1 shitcoins for 1000 trolls.

> SAY ANONYMOUS
You get some attention.

> USE MEANINGLESS BUZZWORDS
You get more attention.

> USE SOCKPUPPETS
You pump shit with your socks.
You attract a crowd.

> USE TROLLS
Everyone feeds your trolls, drawing attention to your shitcoin.
Your shitcoin is now in a bubble.

> TAKE DUMP
You are now rich in bitcoin.
Your shitcoin is now worth shit.
The shattered dreams of your faithful believers are here.

> GET BITCOINS FROM CRYPTSY
Some hackers are here, with your bitcoins.

> TAKE LIFE
You don’t have a life.

Lolz!

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 [2467] 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: