Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:01:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 [2498] 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:37:35 AM

You're very right: It makes no sense for us to fight with each other in order to defend any government. We know they're all corrupt.

Yes, I was just trying to defuse propaganda. Could have done a better job, I admit... but anyway I am the guy with the Darkcoin GIFs... so fuck politics...

This is a great thread full of great people and I think you're one of them georgem. I'm about as into girlie squatting pictures as I am into high powered assault rifles (i.e. not at all), but I do appreciate what you do and you bring much humour, animation and something to admire to this thread.

Darkota there was just no need for such venom and excessive language. Didn't your mother teach you that "it's not nice to swear"? I know mine did but there are, of course occasions where the f word is very useful. What you've done though by such a display is demonstrate you have a poor vocabulary, have made numerous assumptions and assertions about georgem based on just a few words typed into a couple of these boxes, that are most likely very wrong and haven't addressed what he was saying. Shame on you! If you have some useful content to put forward then we'd be pleased to hear it, but just lam-blasting someone who you don't agree with in such an appalling manner is not warranted......(stands by for invective backlash....sigh....)

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:46:26 AM

Thanks for your kind words, ... also I am sure darkota is normally an OK guy.

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:23:41 AM

guys - take your political views to another boxing ring please.
very very very +101 !!!!
This is DARKCOIN SPARTA !

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:25:14 AM

Thanks for your kind words, ... also I am sure darkota is normally an OK guy.
Don`t think too much, his early post shows he is a troll.... BUT meaby he is changed a bit Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:11:58 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 06:31:19 AM by darkota

You're very right: It makes no sense for us to fight with each other in order to defend any government. We know they're all corrupt.

Yes, I was just trying to defuse propaganda. Could have done a better job, I admit... but anyway I am the guy with the Darkcoin GIFs... so fuck politics...

This is a great thread full of great people and I think you're one of them georgem. I'm about as into girlie squatting pictures as I am into high powered assault rifles (i.e. not at all), but I do appreciate what you do and you bring much humour, animation and something to admire to this thread.

Darkota there was just no need for such venom and excessive language. Didn't your mother teach you that "it's not nice to swear"? I know mine did but there are, of course occasions where the f word is very useful. What you've done though by such a display is demonstrate you have a poor vocabulary, have made numerous assumptions and assertions about georgem based on just a few words typed into a couple of these boxes, that are most likely very wrong and haven't addressed what he was saying. Shame on you! If you have some useful content to put forward then we'd be pleased to hear it, but just lam-blasting someone who you don't agree with in such an appalling manner is not warranted......(stands by for invective backlash....sigh....)

Yea you're right. The swearing/cursing was uncalled for. I just truly dislike when people blame America's government, even when the government provides services that a large percentage of the country relies on (Public Schooling, Medicaid, Unemployment Checks, Pensions, Road/Highways/Bridges, Public Hospitals, etc etc).

Of course the U.S government isn't perfect, and there's a shitload of things that need to be fixed, but if you ever visited other countries(India, Middle East, Africa, even parts of the Carribean), you'd know that the things you guys complain about in America, can't even be complained about in those countries since their governments don't do anything for it's people.
coolmyrig

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

i've seen checked and linked to the OP
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:34:03 AM

Yea you're right. The swearing/cursing was uncalled for. I just truly dislike when people blame America's government, even when the government provides services that a large percentage of the country relies on (Public Schooling, Medicaid, Unemployment Checks, Pensions, Road/Highways/Bridges, Public Hospitals, etc etc).

Of course the U.S government isn't perfect, and there's a shitload of things that need to be fixed, but if you ever visited other countries(India, Middle East(Dubi), even parts of the Carribean), you'd know that the things you guys complain about in America, can't even be complained about in those countries since their governments don't do anything for it's people.

darkota, I don't mean to argue in any way. The main question, as I see it, is not about this or that country (if we need to discuss good social system, we should compare with the best - the Scandinavian countries, but even they have flaws), it's all about the demonic way that ANY government exert, thus making peoples (plural) fight and kill each other or rot from within. You know the Stalin quote "no man no problem", the same attitude goes for ANY government.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:59:12 AM

Of course the U.S government isn't perfect, and there's a shitload of things that need to be fixed, but if you ever visited other countries(India, Middle East, Africa, even parts of the Carribean), you'd know that the things you guys complain about in America, can't even be complained about in those countries since their governments don't do anything for it's people.

Yes, a very valid point. It's all too easy to take shots at western governments for a thousand things that are wrong, but much of what citizens experience in "non-democratic" (and I know that's a huge discussion point in and of itself) countries with regards to a fear-based style of living involves the likes of which many of us on here would have no real clue about. In any forum like this you'll have a broad array of views from all different perspectives. What I think many of us often forget is that our experience of life is just that, it's "ours". Because someone has a completely different set of viewpoints doesn't makes theirs "wrong", but everyone's at differing levels of development and knowledge acquisition. I have over 50 years behind me; I've travelled the world extensively. I've worked in hundreds of different types of organisations (often in a consulting capacity). I've seen a lot, been a lot and dreamed a lot. There's much to be hopeful for in this wonderful world and there's much to overcome. There are good people in the US government doing good work. Not everyone's part of a mindless juggernautistic all consuming monster behemoth that's gonna eat us all (but unfortunately a huge number of people are). Change can happen though and DRK has a role to play in helping government and society get off the debt binge and reserve banking monetisation that's created so much inequality and a frightful system that's likely to go very bad pretty soon.

Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:23:46 AM

Yes, a very valid point. It's all too easy to take shots at western governments for a thousand things that are wrong, but much of what citizens experience in "non-democratic" (and I know that's a huge discussion point in and of itself) countries with regards to a fear-based style of living involves the likes of which many of us on here would have no real clue about. In any forum like this you'll have a broad array of views from all different perspectives. What I think many of us often forget is that our experience of life is just that, it's "ours". Because someone has a completely different set of viewpoints doesn't makes theirs "wrong", but everyone's at differing levels of development and knowledge acquisition. I have over 50 years behind me; I've travelled the world extensively. I've worked in hundreds of different types of organisations (often in a consulting capacity). I've seen a lot, been a lot and dreamed a lot. There's much to be hopeful for in this wonderful world and there's much to overcome. There are good people in the US government doing good work. Not everyone's part of a mindless juggernautistic all consuming monster behemoth that's gonna eat us all (but unfortunately a huge number of people are). Change can happen though and DRK has a role to play in helping government and society get off the debt binge and reserve banking monetisation that's created so much inequality and a frightful system that's likely to go very bad pretty soon.

It always surprises me how so many people don't question things... All they know is wages, taxes, credit and banks...

I've been wondering what the one killer feature of Crypto will be used to take it mainstream.  It's going to need a one-liner if it's ever going to be adopted by the masses.  It's gonna happen a the pub or at work where someone says "Oh I use Bitcoin/Darkcoin because...."

Will it be low transaction fees?  Privacy?  You don't need a bank account? It's considered Trendy and all the kids are using it?

It's going to be about focusing on it's most marketable feature...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Phillis

Activity: 404

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:41:20 AM

i thought this was the darkcoin thread? Lets get off this political discussion and focus on darkcoin.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 07:58:37 AM

It always surprises me how so many people don't question things... All they know is wages, taxes, credit and banks...

I've been wondering what the one killer feature of Crypto will be used to take it mainstream.  It's going to need a one-liner if it's ever going to be adopted by the masses.  It's gonna happen a the pub or at work where someone says "Oh I use Bitcoin/Darkcoin because...."

Will it be low transaction fees?  Privacy?  You don't need a bank account? It's considered Trendy and all the kids are using it?

What about, it's pretty much "instant" money compared to banks, like Wikipedia vs encyclopaedias?

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:05:45 AM

What about, it's pretty much "instant" money compared to banks, like Wikipedia vs encyclopaedias?

Fookin hell dude, that's awesome...  Darkcoin is to Bank Money what Wikipedia is to Encyclopaedias... And it's anonymous...

Boom, marketing strategy sorted...

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:09:37 AM

Fookin hell dude, that's awesome...  Darkcoin is to Bank Money what Wikipedia is to Encyclopaedias... And it's anonymous...

You keep saying sh!t like that PrivacyCoin is going to start growing on me again... Cheesy

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

can some one explaine me what is colateral fee (as im 5 years old)

Thx

Nice to see than im not alone to dont understand it.  Cheesy

lol,

the colateral fee is if a client tries to disrupt / cheat the system, but can also happen if your internet connection is unstable.

(and of course, by bugs hunting the system :-p )

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:50:05 AM

Thx

The collateral fee is "charged" when a client misbehaves, i.e. does not comply with the masternode mixing protocol. That is to ensure that (D)DoS attacks against the masternode network are a costly enterprise.

When you connect to a masternode you send it the signed collateral tx but the MN doesn't broadcast it to the network. Think of it as a deposit. If everything goes fine and you comply with the protocol, that signed tx is destroyed, so nothing happens. If your client does things that hurt the normal mode of operation the tx is broadcast to the network and you're "charged" the fee.

For non-malicious nodes this should hardly ever happen once everything is working as intended. Very flaky internet connections might be a problem though.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:10:55 AM

Cool man! Smiley

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:39:10 AM

BLAH BLAaaaaaaaaaaH BLAHHHHHHHHHH BA BLAH

I'm BACK!!! BEEEEEOOOOOOTCHHHEEEEEES

Deal with it!!!

Fuck ICEBUCKET  - I'm over it and him
edit - you dick

I've seen a lot of good conversation (lurking) and it appears that most of the twisted fucks have left - for now
I'm sure they'll be back tho

Move'n on

Love you guys  - Hate you guys
I'm coming home...............

Glad you're back Mangled, we've missed you. Now stay here and post some of your enthusiasm for MNs and the DRK network.

salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:09:02 AM

Thx

The collateral fee is "charged" when a client misbehaves, i.e. does not comply with the masternode mixing protocol. That is to ensure that (D)DoS attacks against the masternode network are a costly enterprise.

When you connect to a masternode you send it the signed collateral tx but the MN doesn't broadcast it to the network. Think of it as a deposit. If everything goes fine and you comply with the protocol, that signed tx is destroyed, so nothing happens. If your client does things that hurt the normal mode of operation the tx is broadcast to the network and you're "charged" the fee.

For non-malicious nodes this should hardly ever happen once everything is working as intended. Very flaky internet connections might be a problem though.

Thx for explanation.

does it can arrive if the MN go offline or be (D)DoS too ?

To my knowledge yes. The transactions are "normal".
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:09:41 AM

Min of 2 and max of 6. Randomly, it would appear.

Thank you.

I think denomination fees is transaction fee.

I feel relieved at collateral fee hit Grin

Yes, you are right el presidente - the denom fee is transaction related. Collateral fee bug is reducing a lot.

What I feel relieved is actually collateral fee hit is happening(as intended).

That means somehow a situations not complying with the protocol is occurred.

Could be a bug, internet connection, and anything...

I consider any bugs in current testnet client as simulation of malicious party.
Collateral fee is fixed to specific address at testnet that means Evan is tracking it.

Bug can be hunted.

Collateral fee caused by internet connection problem could be eliminated by pre-session ping-pong verifying.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-61#post-14911
- Added session IDs for masternode communication. Clients were getting confused when they got messages about other sessions (sometimes happened when they all jumped on the same masternode at once)

- Added a pre-session state where the client will query a random masternode and ask if they can perform a merge on N darkcoin without giving any other information. If that amount is compatible without losing anonymity, the client will then add it's entry for merging

thenorb

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

TheNorb.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:44:57 PM

This weeks winner of the giveaway has been chosen and payment sent to them.
Congratulations to this weeks DarkCoin winner!

The prize amount this week was:

DarkCoin: 0.38 DRK

Congratulations again to the winner this week!

Anyone looking to enter you just need to join the pool and start mining, after you start mining you are automatically entered into the drawing! Smiley

thenorb.com
Pages: « 1 ... 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 [2498] 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: