Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 [2513] 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722517 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:03:29 PM

Open source doesn't mean people won't want to pay for it as a way of giving back. You see I don't stop easily my friend.

Let me add that having to connect to download to the client forces one to access sites that may be monitored. Also an act of network connection can lead to the compromising of a system, IP, IPS.

If clients were eventually available for purchase out of box with pre-established addresses, you could technically run (own) this box-client on your system without ever having to connect online, no downloads. Thus maintaining absolute confidence in the security of your system and funds. At that time the .dat file can be copied and used on other computers or if needed one can then connect online and know one's computer is fresh and no data exists on it that could compromise your identity or location. Just a thought...

As for fairy tales, one of my favourite tales was written by Jules Verne and concerns men walking on the moon.... Just a thought... Thanks.

Accessing a site that may or may not be monitored to download something doesn't give any meaningful data to anyone monitoring. Further, if you are THAT paranoid, compile from source when it is available.

Good luck with the rest of your "ideas". You can start by emailing Google and asking them for a future agreement to stop data monitoring/mining. See how that works out when they are in the content business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:07:27 PM

I'll stop you right at the first sentence... open source. Your idea conflicts with the end result.

Open source doesn't mean people won't want to pay for it as a way of giving back. You see I don't stop easily my friend.

Let me add that having to connect to download to the client forces one to access sites that may be monitored. Also an act of network connection can lead to the compromising of a system, IP, IPS.

If clients were eventually available for purchase out of box with pre-established addresses, you could technically run (own) this box-client on your system without ever having to connect online, no downloads. Thus maintaining absolute confidence in the security of your system and funds. At that time the .dat file can be copied and used on other computers or if needed one can then connect online and know one's computer is fresh and no data exists on it that could compromise your identity or location. Just a thought...

As for fairy tales, one of my favourite tales was written by Jules Verne and concerns men walking on the moon.... Just a thought... Thanks.

[/quote]

What about using Tails Linux https://tails.boum.org . Get the Linux wallet run with it, and you have got yourself a decent 'plug me anywhere my drk wallet' system. Put a bittorrent sync client on it and have the wallet.dat file synced to a secure place just in case, optionaly of course.
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:19:23 PM

I'll stop you right at the first sentence... open source. Your idea conflicts with the end result.

What about using Tails Linux https://tails.boum.org . Get the Linux wallet run with it, and you have got yourself a decent 'plug me anywhere my drk wallet' system. Put a bittorrent sync client on it and have the wallet.dat file synced to a secure place just in case, optionaly of course.

[/quote]

Thanks for the information! Smiley 

Has anyone pondered how tedious it is to have to enter the encryption key every time we want to create a new receiving address... And every time we make a payment... I know there are light wallets, but could such a system eventually be designed for more complete versions of the client? This way when paying multiple (hundreds of bills....) in a day, one wouldn't have to enter a 30 digit encryption over and over again.... Maybe like a check box after the first payment asking if the key should stay input until the client is closed....?  Any thoughts on this, thanks!

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:23:30 PM

Coins101 - we need a poll !!  Grin

This still has a few more days left to run

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.0
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:28:54 PM

Has anyone pondered how tedious it is to have to enter the encryption key every time we want to create a new receiving address... And every time we make a payment... I know there are light wallets, but could such a system eventually be designed for more complete versions of the client? This way when paying multiple (hundreds of bills....) in a day, one wouldn't have to enter a 30 digit encryption over and over again.... Maybe like a check box after the first payment asking if the key should stay input until the client is closed....?  Any thoughts on this, thanks!
[/quote]

Just go toe the console in the gui wallet, and enter
walletpassphrase <yourpassphrase> <time in sec wallet should stay unlocked>

and the help command in the same console will give you some help about available commands.
getinfo for example
r-ando

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

Accessing a site that may or may not be monitored to download something doesn't give any meaningful data to anyone monitoring. Further, if you are THAT paranoid, compile from source when it is available.

Good luck with the rest of your "ideas". You can start by emailing Google and asking them for a future agreement to stop data monitoring/mining. See how that works out when they are in the content business.

I rarely do this but I would like to share a quote I just read and I believe it applies to the people who work for Google and who own its shares as well as to all others, thank you for this moment:

''A good world is not a world where everybody fixates on global problems according to some externally imposed framework of 'importance'. A good world is one in which people find meaning in the particular things they do - and that means a world that has a place for beauty, creativity and play.''

How to change the world, John-Paul Flintoff

Namaste.

r-ando

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:34:31 PM

Just go toe the console in the gui wallet, and enter
walletpassphrase <yourpassphrase> <time in sec wallet should stay unlocked>

and the help command in the same console will give you some help about available commands.
getinfo for example

[/quote]

Wow, this is really impressive, thank you so much!

camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:41:49 PM

DNS queries monitored from the requesting end. Not that hard to see everywhere you go... Most people using TOR don't realize that their DNS lookups are not TORrified...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:56:27 PM

Has anyone pondered how tedious it is to have to enter the encryption key every time we want to create a new receiving address...

I use KeePass which is a tool where you can safely store your passwords, and define a hot key you can use to let it auto-type the passwords for you. So whenever the wallet asks for a password, you can just hit the hot key instead of typing the (hopefully) long and complex password by hand.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

Has anyone pondered how tedious it is to have to enter the encryption key every time we want to create a new receiving address...
I use KeePass which is a tool where you can safely store your passwords, and define a hot key you can use to let it auto-type the passwords for you. So whenever the wallet asks for a password, you can just hit the hot key instead of typing the (hopefully) long and complex password by hand.
So, it's a sticky note on the monitor with the password on it that types itself in... Brilliant.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:10:51 PM

Interesting activity in the current number 2 wallet: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?395957.htm

You can follow it around and see that very recently, 5,000 DRK has been peeled off numerous times. It looks like they are trying to get it ready to be DS+ denominated. It's weird, though, because the sets of 5,000 are being directed into the same address, which would make it not DS+-able (if you will). You can also follow it and see that 96,000 were sent off to Cryptsy since 6-12 (60k 6-12; 30k 7-30; 6k 8-8).

Kinda strange, unless it is somehow explained by being a cold wallet for an exchange.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:17:33 PM

Interesting activity in the current number 2 wallet: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?395957.htm

You can follow it around and see that very recently, 5,000 DRK has been peeled off numerous times. It looks like they are trying to get it ready to be DS+ denominated. It's weird, though, because the sets of 5,000 are being directed into the same address, which would make it not DS+-able (if you will). You can also follow it and see that 96,000 were sent off to Cryptsy since 6-12 (60k 6-12; 30k 7-30; 6k 8-8).

Kinda strange, unless it is somehow explained by being a cold wallet for an exchange.

Someone asked in Cryptsy trollbox whether it's them when they moved the 60k and someone from the staff said yes.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:19:45 PM

Someone asked in Cryptsy trollbox whether it's them when they moved the 60k and someone from the staff said yes.

You mean back on 6-12? That's interesting...I'm still curious why they'd peel of 5k numerous times today though.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

DRK FTW

"      HOOO
      OOOOLD
for the longest time..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 10:29:18 PM

DRK FTW

"      HOOO
      OOOOLD
for the longest time..."

DRK version mystery bounty by yours truly.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
reflexmk

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:38:26 PM

coinz3 or camosoul : please feel free by all means to test the sell walls at Mintpal.

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

DRK FTW

"      HOOO
      OOOOLD
for the longest time..."

DRK version mystery bounty by yours truly.

is mystery bounty above 1000 DRK?  Anyone with the skills for this?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 10:45:21 PM

coinz3 or camosoul : please feel free by all means to test the sell walls at Mintpal.
guvpaper incoming...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
reflexmk

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:52:21 PM

guvpaper incoming...
And just like that, 4k darks removed from the sale side. HA-ha.

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
asdf55

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:00:45 PM

It looks like they are doing this Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 [2513] 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: