Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 [2499] 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:48:01 PM

You're very right: It makes no sense for us to fight with each other in order to defend any government. We know they're all corrupt.

Yes, I was just trying to defuse propaganda. Could have done a better job, I admit... but anyway I am the guy with the Darkcoin GIFs... so fuck politics...

This is a great thread full of great people and I think you're one of them georgem. I'm about as into girlie squatting pictures as I am into high powered assault rifles (i.e. not at all), but I do appreciate what you do and you bring much humour, animation and something to admire to this thread.

Darkota there was just no need for such venom and excessive language. Didn't your mother teach you that "it's not nice to swear"? I know mine did but there are, of course occasions where the f word is very useful. What you've done though by such a display is demonstrate you have a poor vocabulary, have made numerous assumptions and assertions about georgem based on just a few words typed into a couple of these boxes, that are most likely very wrong and haven't addressed what he was saying. Shame on you! If you have some useful content to put forward then we'd be pleased to hear it, but just lam-blasting someone who you don't agree with in such an appalling manner is not warranted......(stands by for invective backlash....sigh....)

Yea you're right. The swearing/cursing was uncalled for. I just truly dislike when people blame America's government, even when the government provides services that a large percentage of the country relies on (Public Schooling, Medicaid, Unemployment Checks, Pensions, Road/Highways/Bridges, Public Hospitals, etc etc).

Of course the U.S government isn't perfect, and there's a shitload of things that need to be fixed, but if you ever visited other countries(India, Middle East, Africa, even parts of the Carribean), you'd know that the things you guys complain about in America, can't even be complained about in those countries since their governments don't do anything for it's people.

Yes, a very valid point. It's all too easy to take shots at western governments for a thousand things that are wrong, but much of what citizens experience in "non-democratic" (and I know that's a huge discussion point in and of itself) countries with regards to a fear-based style of living involves the likes of which many of us on here would have no real clue about. In any forum like this you'll have a broad array of views from all different perspectives. What I think many of us often forget is that our experience of life is just that, it's "ours". Because someone has a completely different set of viewpoints doesn't makes theirs "wrong", but everyone's at differing levels of development and knowledge acquisition. I have over 50 years behind me; I've travelled the world extensively. I've worked in hundreds of different types of organisations (often in a consulting capacity). I've seen a lot, been a lot and dreamed a lot. There's much to be hopeful for in this wonderful world and there's much to overcome. There are good people in the US government doing good work. Not everyone's part of a mindless juggernautistic all consuming monster behemoth that's gonna eat us all (but unfortunately a huge number of people are). Change can happen though and DRK has a role to play in helping government and society get off the debt binge and reserve banking monetisation that's created so much inequality and a frightful system that's likely to go very bad pretty soon.

Your posts mostly have a sense of perspective that is very reasonable, well weighted (from my viewpoint). This is why I appreciate them and you (apart from your stubborn use of "s" where "z" clearly belongs Grin). You've obviously been around and seen lots of things, rather than being the 16-year-old at home who just figured out all of the world's problems. Keep it up!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:49:48 PM

This is a point in time where:

* Investors and active supporters are holding
* Potential investors are sitting on the sideline waiting for code release
* Traders are sitting waiting for announcement of RC4 date
* Sellers have sold
* Price pressure is mainly from multi-pools

So, IMO, this is a moment in history where you can't complain about the entry point for Master Nodes.

One to two months ago people were saying Master Nodes were too expensive. Well, there is right this moment a temporary fix for that complaint. When people start saying that again in 2-3 weeks time, I will re-post this:

In the third week in July 2014, right before the unique DRK anon code was released to the world and DRKs were affordable, you should have bought in.  Instead, you decided to wait a little longer. That was your choice. You didn't want to take the risk on the uncertainty. Plenty of others were.

So now, stop fucking complaining about the high price of Darkcoins. There is no advantage to early investors, they were just prepared to use Google for a few hours to take a look at the anon options in the market and the issues around privacy and the lack of it in Bitcoin, Litecoin and many other coins.

These guys looked at the close relationship Darkcoin has with Bitcoin and Litecoin, and how these established coins could be at a disadvantage in some circumstances from their lack of privacy and how easily Darkcoin could be added alongside them to fix privacy issues for those that wanted that reassurance.

Yes there are other anon options, but which can be slotted next to Bitcoin and Litecoin without too much work, that is the question you must ask yourself as the price continues to steadily increase.

What is more than certain is that the high price you are complaining about now will simply continue to increase. If it hurts you to buy now, it will be completely out of your reach next month.

The only person you can blame for the high price of Darkcoin and your inability to afford a MN is you.

If you are sitting on the sidelines wondering when would be a good time to start investing in DRK, I would say, having seen the types of issues being discussed in testing, now is a pretty fucking good time.

Just my 2 Duffs worth
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:53:20 PM

You're very right: It makes no sense for us to fight with each other in order to defend any government. We know they're all corrupt.

Yes, I was just trying to defuse propaganda. Could have done a better job, I admit... but anyway I am the guy with the Darkcoin GIFs... so fuck politics...

This is a great thread full of great people and I think you're one of them georgem. I'm about as into girlie squatting pictures as I am into high powered assault rifles (i.e. not at all), but I do appreciate what you do and you bring much humour, animation and something to admire to this thread.

Darkota there was just no need for such venom and excessive language. Didn't your mother teach you that "it's not nice to swear"? I know mine did but there are, of course occasions where the f word is very useful. What you've done though by such a display is demonstrate you have a poor vocabulary, have made numerous assumptions and assertions about georgem based on just a few words typed into a couple of these boxes, that are most likely very wrong and haven't addressed what he was saying. Shame on you! If you have some useful content to put forward then we'd be pleased to hear it, but just lam-blasting someone who you don't agree with in such an appalling manner is not warranted......(stands by for invective backlash....sigh....)

Yea you're right. The swearing/cursing was uncalled for. I just truly dislike when people blame America's government, even when the government provides services that a large percentage of the country relies on (Public Schooling, Medicaid, Unemployment Checks, Pensions, Road/Highways/Bridges, Public Hospitals, etc etc).

Of course the U.S government isn't perfect, and there's a shitload of things that need to be fixed, but if you ever visited other countries(India, Middle East, Africa, even parts of the Carribean), you'd know that the things you guys complain about in America, can't even be complained about in those countries since their governments don't do anything for it's people.

Yes, a very valid point. It's all too easy to take shots at western governments for a thousand things that are wrong, but much of what citizens experience in "non-democratic" (and I know that's a huge discussion point in and of itself) countries with regards to a fear-based style of living involves the likes of which many of us on here would have no real clue about. In any forum like this you'll have a broad array of views from all different perspectives. What I think many of us often forget is that our experience of life is just that, it's "ours". Because someone has a completely different set of viewpoints doesn't makes theirs "wrong", but everyone's at differing levels of development and knowledge acquisition. I have over 50 years behind me; I've travelled the world extensively. I've worked in hundreds of different types of organisations (often in a consulting capacity). I've seen a lot, been a lot and dreamed a lot. There's much to be hopeful for in this wonderful world and there's much to overcome. There are good people in the US government doing good work. Not everyone's part of a mindless juggernautistic all consuming monster behemoth that's gonna eat us all (but unfortunately a huge number of people are). Change can happen though and DRK has a role to play in helping government and society get off the debt binge and reserve banking monetisation that's created so much inequality and a frightful system that's likely to go very bad pretty soon.

Your posts mostly have a sense of perspective that is very reasonable, well weighted (from my viewpoint). This is why I appreciate them and you (apart from your stubborn use of "s" where "z" clearly belongs Grin). You've obviously been around and seen lots of things, rather than being the 16-year-old at home who just figured out all of the world's problems. Keep it up!

Thankz luigi1111. My 'inability' to get the s/z thing right iz becauze I'm in Auztralia and we zpell ztuff like the Britizh do. Ha!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:56:51 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 02:09:35 PM by coins101

English is, err, English. 'z's' in words is an Americanism.

As Bitcoin was invented by someone who writes with very good English, and is probably British, which you can tell from the words that are spelled (isn't that annoying  Grin) using 'our' and not just 'or' such as colour and not color, I think you need to start using British English and drop the Americanism.

In honor of Evan being a Yank, I can live with either versions, and I often switch between the two just to make the Yanks feel better about their accomplishment at gaining their Liberty from the British and sticking two fingers up at the Crown by changing the Queen's English on purpose.

Just my 2 Duffs worth.

Grin
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:59:09 PM

Thankz luigi1111. My 'inability' to get the s/z thing right iz becauze I'm in Auztralia and we zpell ztuff like the Britizh do. Ha!

Good lad.

Shame you still feel the need to keep beating us at every sport though. If you could try a little less, that would be much appreciated.

Thankz
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

Attention Masternode Owners / Investors!

Real life makes me be relatively offline these days (good because of work, bad because its such a critical time to be semi-offline)

I will be CLOSING my Masternode setup services right when  RC4 rolls out, for about 2, possibly 3 weeks. Why?

a) I want to cater to all my MN clients, 100% for free!! Meaning, updating all of them to RC4 as quick as possible, to get the Masternode network up and running as smoothly as possible!! So, I will not be taking on new MN setups when we fork.

b) As soon as that is done, I going on holidays, for the said 2, maybe 3 weeks. Hopefully, by the time I get back, the price to acquire 1000 DRKs will be prohibitive  Grin

So... if you're thinking of setting up a node using my services, do it now! Or hold the DRKs until I get back. Your choice.
Currently, I am free Thursday and Friday morning only, (GMT+1), the weekend, and relatively free next week.

This is basically as last call for action... Being that many are waiting for the end of the month to take advantage of these ridiculous prices to get the 1k, I will accept time-slot reservations!!

Pm me if interested, or refer to this thread for further details.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/yidakees-helpdesk-masternode-setup-services-ghostplayer-on-bitcointalk.1633/

Thank you!

Saturday 1pm (GMT+1) I am booked for a few hours... slots free the rest of the weekend so far...

Weekend is officially booked, and I'm unavailable Monday !!  Free again starting Tuesday!!  Dont miss out on this great chance!

Free tomorrow and the weekend !!

Get 'em while you can!  RC4 is just around the corner!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:05:12 PM

That mean than collaterals fee must  desapear before mainnet.
Not easy to build a Deathstar... a MN i mean.  Cheesy
Tanks for the explanation.

I think the collateral fees should be punitive. They need to go up, and be applied randomly at random scales of severity.

They are there to stop bastards trying to game the network.  If they can't get a spreadsheet out and try to figure out the cost of bringing down the network, all the better.

The more money the Master Nodes make, the better. Makes MNs an asset class and creates demand for them and value for everyone's coins.

Fine every bastard who tries to ddos the network or create dust bloat into poverty, that's my 2 Duffs worth.

If it creates a problem for legitimate users who get fined by accident, one off fines are so small most won't care. Others, well maybe we can have a voting mechanism for the network to enforce a refund based on evidence of user activities.
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:13:47 PM

If it creates a problem for legitimate users who get fined by accident, one off fines are so small most won't care. Others, well maybe we can have a voting mechanism for the network to enforce a refund based on evidence of user activities.

Don't think a false 15cent fine is gonna kill anyone. I can already see people whining about collaterals though, when they're trying to denominate using a GPRS-like connection.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:20:05 PM

I am insanely excited about what I am reading in the RC4 test thread but IMHO they're still heavily bug fixing.  Testing is a process that leads to a stable release.  For the sake of DRK, I'm personally hoping that there is a period of a few days to a week of heavy testing with no found issues to fix before RC4 goes live with a stable release.

We need this to work well people.  Heck, its easy to be paranoid when you've got a lot of faith and money tied up in a concept though.  They seem to be doing a great job I just want to see some testnet transaction load testing and stability before the big day.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

******** Alert **********

Things are starting to look interesting.

[1] - DRK has succeeded in fending off competition (I say that even while being more invested in the competition than DRK - not in BTC terms but in alt coin terms)

[2] - they are unlikely now to eat any further into DRK's marketcap since there is at best equal mileage in development terms across all "anon" coins, while DRK remains at 4 times the "cap" of its nearest competitor. The market doesn't just "de-invest" itself of the market leader for no reason at all

[3] - Italy just posted a Q2 GDP contraction which is lighting up amber alerts trading desks across Europe. What is the problem with this ? It's that Europe is already suffering from deflation, due partly to Mr Draghi's "transmission problem" - the failure of central bank monetary expansion to trigger the multiplier effect in the commercial banking sector and expand the monetary base to at least give the **impression** of economic growth, even though it's not represented by an actual increase in economic activity. This is good for crypto because it may mean the stock market is topping-off and all that money will start looking for escape routes, primarily into commodities of which cryptos qualify as a target.

In this regard, new investors from Fiat will invest in market leaders, not followers.

[4] - DRK has had several weeks now to test its "bottom", for 2 reasons.

a) - post-pump consolidation
b) - fear driven exits to potential competition compounded by a period of un-newsworthy industrial work in progress on Darkcoin

This period of "un-newsworthyness" is coming to an end. The price has had its chance to plummet and hasn't taken it. DRK remains at 400% the market cap of its nearest competitor and is on the verge of moving into a new phase of actual real world deployment. If it didn't loose its lead in the last few weeks then it sure isn't going to do so from now on.

This isn't unexpected because - as I've pointed out in numerous posts on this and other forums - "originals" rarely loose their lead in a given market sector unless some kind of calamity befalls them. Even Litecoin remains at its number 2 position despite being far less unique than DRK in technical characteristics.

In view of all this, I'm therefore going to start dis-investing myself of the hedge positions I had in other "anon" coins and begin to consolidate further my DRK holdings. I recommend all other readers of this thread to do the same.

This is the beginning, not the end. Things are starting to move - not least due to world events outside of crypto.

I think you are smart enough to have to work a bit harder than this.

What gives currency value? Interest rates? Confidence in the issuing country and its macro economic situation?

What gives gold its value beyond speculation and a hedge against inflation? Underlying demand for gold?

What gives crypto its value where all the above are absent?

With Darkcoin, Master Nodes and added services such as Enigma 2.0 are income generating. They give a real rate of return. In the event that these and other services, in addition to the underlying demand for cash over the internet, come on stream within the next 3-18 months what is the enterprise value of Darkcoin at its current start-up phase?

If Darkcoin were to find its way onto second market, what would investors be thinking about the future prospects of Darkcoin and what value would they speculative put on its PE? What is the PE of software based firms like Twitter, Facebook and Netflix?

By all manner of benchmarks, Darkcoin should be over $50m right now, closer to $100m - $200m.

Interesting ideas coins101. I certainly think confidence is the overarching attribute that will define the value of DRK. The income generating facets are very important and key. But the implementation of DRK's updates and freedom from major problems will be fundamental to confidence.

Re this...

If Darkcoin were to find its way onto second market, what would investors be thinking about the future prospects of Darkcoin and what value would they speculative put on its PE? What is the PE of software based firms like Twitter, Facebook and Netflix?

By all manner of benchmarks, Darkcoin should be over $50m right now, closer to $100m - $200m.

...can you elaborate further? How would you apply any PE measurement at this early stage? And what makes you think the market cap should be "over $50m right now, closer to $100m - $200m"? Thanks.

Basically, this

While buying stock in an IPO is always an investment in the future, that fact is even more pronounced with Twitter, which has never turned a profit. The company lost $134 million in the first nine months of this year, almost double the net loss of the same period in 2012. Facebook, by contrast, generated $205 million in earnings the quarter before it went public.

The company has expressed confidence that it will be able to turn on the profits spigot when it needs to. “There’s nothing structural about Twitter that prevents us from having the kind of margin profiles of our peer group,” Costolo told CNBC this morning. “We are investing for the long term.”

So far, at least, Wall Street is along for the ride. “The expectations are very high right now with Twitter and this valuation it has,” Smith says. “In a way, it better surprise us a whole lot on the upside, and continue to surprise us.”

http://business.time.com/2013/11/07/twitter-ipo-leads-to-sky-high-24-billion-valuation/

And this

When was the last time someone brought to the market 'cash over the internet'?
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

Theze ez much better! Thankz zo much! Cheesy
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:31:33 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 02:47:00 PM by luigi1111

As Bitcoin was invented by someone who writes with very good English, and is probably British, which you can tell from the words that are spelled (isn't that annoying  Grin) using 'our' and not just 'or' such as colour and not color, I think you need to start using British English and drop the Americanism.

In honor of Evan being a Yank, I can live with either versions, and I often switch between the two just to make the Yanks feel better about their accomplishment at gaining their Liberty from the British and sticking two fingers up at the Crown by changing the Queen's English on purpose.

Just my 2 Duffs worth.

Grin

But zee, I never ztated we were converzing in "English". I propoze we all begin uzing "Englizh". Grin

Edit: actually a pretty interesting read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences

One thing where I'm with British English wholeheartedly is with periods and commas being outside double quotes when they clearly belong there. I don't care what convention America uses; I will continue using the "correct" one.  Grin
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:35:03 PM

As Bitcoin was invented by someone who writes with very good English, and is probably British, which you can tell from the words that are spelled (isn't that annoying  Grin) using 'our' and not just 'or' such as colour and not color, I think you need to start using British English and drop the Americanism.

Just my 2 Duffs worth.

Grin

But zee, I never ztated we were converzing in "English". I propoze we all begin uzing "Englizh". Grin

I've been pleasantly surprised by how much "correct" spelling I see in this thread. Occasionally I even see colour.

Off topic but funny:
http://starrgazr.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/john-cleeses-letter-to-america/
RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:42:13 PM

Good lad.

Shame you still feel the need to keep beating us at every sport though. If you could try a little less, that would be much appreciated.

Thankz

I'll speak to the lads (and girls) but can't guarantee anything. Aussie's love their sport to the point of complete and utter fanaticism.

RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:52:21 PM

And this

When was the last time someone brought to the market 'cash over the internet'?

Probably in 1990....en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigiCash
It was such a shame it all failed. Too early to be successful.

Yeah I understand what you're saying about the valuation. The real trick will be whether that's the message that gets out there "cash over the Internet" or whether a common perception that DRK is to support the shady world of Silk Road type endeavours develops. I fear that it's more likely to be the latter and people's ability to understand that we don't blame US printed currency for illegal activities so therefore Darkcoin shouldn't be thought of that way either will get lost in the usual 6 second sound-byte media grabs that can result in damage to people, places, businesses, technologies.

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:16:00 PM

Bittylicious just added Darkcoin.  will this affect DRK price?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

Doubt it will affect price meaningfully one way or the other but having another place to exchange fiat for DRK can't hurt.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:33:06 PM

The on ly thing which will affect the price now will be official RC4 relase Wink
btw. 7,7k tdrk denominated in 2h 20 min !! LOL !!!
btw2. the speed of tx is incredibily fast.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:41:01 PM

Bittylicious just added Darkcoin.  will this affect DRK price?
The on ly thing which will affect the price now will be official RC4 relase Wink

Indeed... The last fork going wrong was by far best thing to have happened to DRK !!

sneak preview... shhhh...

PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:48:15 PM

Is there a new ETA for RC4 release? Last time I checked it was ''Late July''
Pages: « 1 ... 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 [2499] 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: